• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irow

Smash Ace
I would imagine Ally on the same level as Meep. Ally needs to come down more.

Chok, do it. Just do it. It's what all the cool kids are doing.

I'm actually starting to learn D3.

I want to see Meep play some EC MK's, as I'm pretty sure he's supassed DSF's Snake now that he hardly plays Snake.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Actually Inui, DSF's MK just lost to Meep's Snake at a Bi-Weekly in SoCal when NorCal travelled down there. DSF was forced to go D3 from what I heard. So if that satisfies you... Meep goes Snake always.

DSF has one of the best MK's out there, and he lost to a Snake - The arguement that Snake has the advatage is looking better and better everyday.
I am happy to hear to that. :)

A player that is widely considered #3 in the nation lost with his MK to a Snake? Awesome.

If you're looking for good Snakes on the West Coast, NorCal has two. Meep goes full Snake, and he beats the top MK's here. As well as Erow, an upcoming Snake main as well, who has taken out some of the best players out here and the top MK in the region. NorCal got Snake.

I'm not sure on the other regions Snakes, but nonetheless...

Meep needs to travel more. He's amazing.
God bless NorCal, and God bless Snake, the slayer of Meta Knight.

Why is the MK/D3 combo too good? First M2K, now DSF? Dang.
Dedede covers MK's bad match, Snake. Dedede also is a good back-up for when you're playing badly because he requires a lot less tech skill than MK.

Btw, MK + D3 is broken in teams. Atomsk and I **** so hard with that. We beat so many top players in teams lololol.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Just wait till people start figuring out what Chu does with Kirby.

Then we shall know that Sakurai truly broke the Kirby roster.

Amide

Smash Lord
Snake pretty clearly has the advantage over MK in my mind. Most people disagree >__>

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Haha, finally people are getting the hint. Snake is too good. MK/DDD/SNAKE have a sort of love triangle going on.

Like the undeveloped Marth/Fox/Sheik relationship, ne~?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
can we keep this discussion where its supposed to be please, we already have like 6 threads for the people, we dont need to talk about it here...

and for the record, i hope, i REALLY HOPE snakes start beating MK, because i have three characters that i play that can do very well against snake, and i have 1 character that SOME TIMES has a slight chance to beat MK...

i hope snakes start ****** all over the place, cus than ill start winning A LOT MORE if I have to play a snake every other round instead of an MK

Irow

Smash Ace
Haha. Dude, I think it's both.

Thanks Inui, NorCal is just generally a slayer of MK. MK's hardly win out here. Snake. Snake. Snake.

Alright, my brother is a top Snake in NorCal. I'm one of the few MK's that has beaten him at a semi-consistent level. We're about equal in skill.
We decide to invert characters, and my Snake beat him the vast majority of the time. MK's supposed to be the easy character? That may be so, but of course I knew the match-up (Duh, I main him). This was just a test. But it helps prove the point.

Blah, blah, two people doesn't prove anything, blah.

A match-up is something between two people of equal skill and the chance of victory for a certain character. This is more solid than theory-crafting to me.

But anyway, you EC's should come down to the West Coast Smash League in December, so that DSF doesn't get a free win. Again.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
What's wrong with talking about the top matchups between the top ranked characters in the Character Rankings thread?

Hey Irow, can Erow beat catnip?

Irow

Smash Ace
He lost the last time he played him, but it was really close - and much more of a mistake than anything.

He beat Sean 2-0, and he's superior to Catnip resultwise. Catnip and Sean are both in Meep's crew - so plenty of Snake experience there.

Let's see... Uhm, he just won the last CGC Bi-Weekly - Taking Sky 6-0 in Grand finals, and three stocked him once. I already said the 2-0 over Sean. He's beaten him twice in tourney I believe, so they're record is 2-0 setwise. He took TC1, 2-0. Uhm, best 14 year old out here? I think so.

Yeah, he lost to Catnip once. Still, taking out Sean, Sky, and TC1 - Pretty **** good.

Irow

Smash Ace
Okay. What tourneys are you going to?

I am warning you right now. He is more campy than any other Snake. Ever. If you thought Meep was campy... You don't know what camping is. I think Meep said it best, "It's an active camp. Wow."

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Oh lol. Well I agree with Inui on most things, so it's all good.

Irow: Yeah, haha. I just wanna play the best Snakes I can find. I can't go to tournaments very often so I want to play the best. I have no fears or regrets.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I am warning you right now. He is more campy than any other Snake. Ever. If you thought Meep was campy... You don't know what camping is. I think Meep said it best, "It's an active camp. Wow."
That sounds hot.

Extremely campy Snake that doesn't make stupid mistakes = possible best character.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Dammit we need more Peach's on the EC doing things. WC has support with this, and I am stuck alone. At this rate now much I can do on this side to get her rank up.

Damm these high tier characters

Irow

Smash Ace
I heard Azen's Peach is amazing, along with like the ten billion other characters he's better than most people that main them.

Sky is **** good though, placing very highly and consistently.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Tell Azen to use his Peach more because it's probably second only to Edrees.
I heard Azen's Peach is amazing, along with like the ten billion other characters he's better than most people that main them.

Sky is **** good though, placing very highly and consistently.
Azen himself his Peach is not all that. Its good but nowhere near someone like edrees. He only uses hear for counterpicks in teams. Not so sure about singles. Ether way he have to go mostly Peach and he does not know all her match ups well. And he plays to win.

Only person that I heard that is close to edrees is..........

Niko_K

Smash Master
Dammit we need more Peach's on the EC doing things. WC has support with this, and I am stuck alone. At this rate now much I can do on this side to get her rank up.

Damm these high tier characters
You're way too cocky. You win a little tourney of 19 in buttf*ck CT and think youre the best on the EC.

Azen himself his Peach is not all that. Its good but nowhere near someone like edrees. He only uses hear for counterpicks in teams. Not so sure about singles. Ether way he have to go mostly Peach and he does not know all her match ups well. And he plays to win.

Only person that I heard that is close to edrees is..........
Azen's peach is ****. He beat Seibriks DDD at CH4 in the tournament (during a vital time). He uses it when he deems it necessary.

I think the problem here is, Peach is being punished more and more here in the EC. I'm getting my dairs SDI'd out of well here making it impossible to hit a second dair, changing my playstyle.

Personally I just believe EC > WC and that the WC peach's are getting away with a lot more than they should be.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You're way too cocky. You win a little tourney of 19 in buttf*ck CT and think youre the best on the EC.

Azen's peach is ****. He beat Seibriks DDD at CH4 in the tournament (during a vital time). He uses it when he deems it necessary.

I think the problem here is, Peach is being punished more and more here in the EC. I'm getting my dairs SDI'd out of well here making it impossible to hit a second dair, changing my playstyle.

Personally I just believe EC > WC and that the WC peach's are getting away with a lot more than they should be.
Oh joy, look at who it is.

And why you have to bring that tourny up. Jealous or something? This has nothing to do with that tournament, nor did I ever bring it up in here. I dont care for money and I don't play to win, otherwise I have a secondary. but since you brought up that tourny i won.....you can see where I am going with this.

And FYI, I have been seen by a few people as Best Peach on the EC before this tournament. Though I never said I was. And it is not even official. Again Niko, end this jealously already, this is getting way too old.

Azen Peach is good, I am not denying that, But to a point to risk going Peach in a tournament with what he knows is something I doubt he do, he said so himself that His Peach is not up there like that and that Hova was the one helping him.

I know why you responded to this, you beat him on one Peach ditto, and me saying this, it feels like it ment nothing for you winning. For one thing, take account it was a friendly.

Now is there anything esle you wanna get off your chest to me? if not, then this is over, not gonna fight you in here.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Wow, you guys hate each other badly. Peach should be in A, I wondered why she went down?

Niko_K

Smash Master
Oh joy, look at who it is.

And why you have to bring that tourny up. Jealous or something? This has nothing to do with that tournament, nor did I ever bring it up in here. I dont care for money and I don't play to win, otherwise I have a secondary. but since you brought up that tourny i won.....you can see where I am going with this.

Azen Peach is good, I am not denying that, But to a point to risk going Peach in a tournament with what he knows is something I doubt he do, he said so himself that His Peach is not up there like that and that Hova was the one helping him.

I know why you responded to this, you beat him on one Peach ditto, and me saying this, it feels like it ment nothing for you winning. For one thing, take account it was a friendly.

Now is there anything esle you wanna get off your chest to me? if not, then this is over, not gonna fight you in here.
It's nothing about jealousy, it's the fact that you try to make yourself seem as if you're the only peach doing anything for this irrelevant rankings list on the EC.

Azen DID use peach in a VERY risky sitaution. Winners Finals or Winners Semi of CH4 if I'm not mistaken.

I responded to this because the things you say are ridiculous sometimes and you don't even realize it. It's not because I feel some sort of insignificance due to the way you talked about Azen. That's the most obscure and vague connection ever,

Just please, stop being so full of yourself. Peach just isn't doing the greatest on the EC yet. I've placed well with her but not enough times to make a big difference in this list. So have other peach mains...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hey guys, (Dark.Pch and Niko_K) shut up please. I'm the only person allowed to have pointless heated arguments in this thread.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Hey guys, (Dark.Pch and Niko_K) shut up please. I'm the only person allowed to have pointless heated arguments in this thread.

....**** you Ankoku!

Edit: Your avatar disturbs me for some reason.

On another note, Meta Knight seems to be slowly decreasing in dominance (by percentage). Are Meta players starting to shy away from him in tournaments or is the metagame advancing enough to finally push him down some? Or, has there been a large increase in the number of tournaments in areas where good Metas are not present?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
It's nothing about jealousy, it's the fact that you try to make yourself seem as if you're the only peach doing anything for this irrelevant rankings list on the EC.

Azen DID use peach in a VERY risky sitaution. Winners Finals or Winners Semi of CH4 if I'm not mistaken.

I responded to this because the things you say are ridiculous sometimes and you don't even realize it. It's not because I feel some sort of insignificance due to the way you talked about Azen. That's the most obscure and vague connection ever,

Just please, stop being so full of yourself. Peach just isn't doing the greatest on the EC yet. I've placed well with her but not enough times to make a big difference in this list. So have other peach mains...
I make my SEEM as I am the only one doing things here. How many times have I boosted this list up? only three times. One was from a NYC weeklie, then the last 2 was at the 2 tournaments in CT. Compare that to the other Peaches that have boost her on this list. And I have said before I have not done much on this list to take any credit for it.

You go again assumeing and insulting people (in this case, CT) just cause you assume things without asking. You know nothing of who I faced and what I went through to get first. So because you have something against me, you assume and try to bash what you think to me. Hopeing it would crush or hurt me.

Wether you like it or not people see me as the best on the EC. And I have said many times, That is something I can not except just yet. I still have much to prove and more tournies around this region before I can take that title. And this makes me sound cocky and full of myself? I don't think I am the problem here. How about next time you ask instead of assuming. same for anyone else that gets what I say mixed up. It can avoid alot of problems and debates.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now aside from this, my thing was that we need more Peachs on this side doing something. WC has Praxis,Sky, and Edrees. And even without those 2, edrees takes over on the WC, he has done most of the damage on the list. Over here not much of that happens. I'm the only advice one on this side (that I know of) And we need more. It would help boost her up.

Irow

Smash Ace
Please, the West Coast Peach's aren't getting away with anything. Please don't assume that people on the West Coast don't know how to punish a Peach with SDI.

They're really talented players, please stop taking away from their victories.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Please, the West Coast Peach's aren't getting away with anything. Please don't assume that people on the West Coast don't know how to punish a Peach with SDI.

They're really talented players, please stop taking away from their victories.
Well EC and WC have always been like this. Telling people to stop is practically pointless.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
....**** you Ankoku!

Edit:1. Your avatar disturbs me for some reason.

2. On another note, Meta Knight seems to be slowly decreasing in dominance (by percentage). Are Meta players starting to shy away from him in tournaments or is the metagame advancing enough to finally push him down some? Or, has there been a large increase in the number of tournaments in areas where good Metas are not present?
1. maybe because it looks like hentai?

2. im going to go with all of the above

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces

I travelled to Texas and placed 7th there. In addition, when DSF and I teamed, we took Azen And m2king, the EC's two best players, to 5th match in two different sets. It was about equally as tough when I face top WC players like DSF and Futile. No coast johns =P All of us on the WC have to deal with better players SD'ing out of down airs as well. And when I travel to Norcal, it's the same as someone on the EC travelling to another state. I've basically performed in three regions, so I don't appreciate any of it being attributed to the region I live in.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Zato-1 traded his eyesight in exchange for use of the demonic spirit Eddie, who eventually ended up killing Zato-1 by stealing all of his life-force.

Rider is the heroic spirit Medusa, summoned by the Holy Grail to participate in the fifth Holy Grail War.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiS388HaHjE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom