• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
To be honest, I had accepted defeat. so I just played it and somehow won. I mean, I had to come back, beat OS, then AZ, then YBM, then Kel 6 times..
I had the same feeling...except it was Nope then either you/OS then YBM then Kel 6 times. I have no idea how I pulled it out. Especially since Kel 2-0'd me in WB then 2-0'd OS in Winners bracket. 3-1 vs Kel's MK first set (with him winning game 1) then 2-1 against his Marth, then he switched back to MK for games 4/5 of the second set and I narrowly won.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
AZ is like the coolest mod on the boards because he's actually really good at the game, is so knowledgable, and is very nice <3

Off topic, sorry.

Hopefully I can place well at a tournament soon with Sheik! (Meh I'll probably end up going Kirby/MK)

Adapt

Smash Lord
Does anyone have results for B.I.O. 2? I keep getting vids on my subscription from it but I haven't seen any results yet.
BIO 2: Brawl in Oakland
Entry: $15
Entrants: 150

Here's the results thread: http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=71520

but no character usage is up yet, but going by the names I can infer most of the top 8. I was watching some of the vids earlier

1: DSF - MK / Snake
2: Tyrant - D3 / MK
3: IspamTornado- MK / D3
4: Wonderful Wario! - Wario / mk / ICs (I think this is Fiction)
5: Erow - Snake / ZSS
5: Fabolous Falco- Falco? lol (I think this is DEHF)
7: Sean - MK
7: RareTruffle - ZSS

Please note those are guesses

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Just to make some corrections to Loves Last Stand:

There were 49 entrants for singles but pools eliminated people into a 32 man bracket. It was also $5 entry.

So, you could probably leave it is as, but 32 X 10 = 320 while 49 X 5 = 245, so it is a little inflated as is.

goodkid

Smash Lord
BIO 2: Brawl in Oakland
Entry: $15
Entrants: 150

Here's the results thread: http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=71520

but no character usage is up yet, but going by the names I can infer most of the top 8. I was watching some of the vids earlier

1: DSF - MK / Snake
2: Tyrant - D3 / MK
3: IspamTornado- MK / D3
4: Wonderful Wario! - Wario / ICs (I think this is Fiction)
5: Erow - Snake / ZSS
5: Fabolous Falco- Falco? lol (I think this is DEHF)
7: Sean - MK
7: RareTruffle - ZSS

Please note those are guesses
Thats pretty good, but Fiction used MK just a couple of times, & it lost him the game. So don't count that, everything else is correct.

goodkid

Smash Lord
AZ is like the coolest mod on the boards because he's actually really good at the game, is so knowledgable, and is very nice <3

Off topic, sorry.

Hopefully I can place well at a tournament soon with Sheik! (Meh I'll probably end up going Kirby/MK)
Use Zelda/Sheik, together they really are potential high-tier, but I still use Zelda solo, I'm so used to just using her solo, but I think together they are a lot better. Plus we need more rep :chuckle:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Use Zelda/Sheik, together they really are potential high-tier, but I still use Zelda solo, I'm so used to just using her solo, but I think together they are a lot better. Plus we need more rep :chuckle:
I would, but I am better overall and much more consistent with Kirby lol.

Levitas

the moon
I've tried Kirby in friendlies, but I can't get around characters like marth who can just sit behind their swords and hit you a bunch. How do you deal with that?

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
It's hard :(

It all boils down to who's more patient, you have to wait it out and punish all mistakes, you can't really rush down marth with kirby or force him to do anything.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If Kirby tries to combo with fthrow on Marth then he eats Dolphin Slash, apparently.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Then he can air-dodge and deal with him on the way down. It's a good mix-up. Same thing with Falco chaingrabbing.
While it's a good mixup, it still means that what is normally a guaranteed combo becomes a rock-paper-scissors situation.

d4bA

Smash Cadet
While it's a good mixup, it still means that what is normally a guaranteed combo becomes a rock-paper-scissors situation.
too true. If you risk too many 50/50 situations, then you take the risk of getting outplayed. If you have no worries about getting outplayed, then you are probably skilled enough against your opponents to not worry about the bad matchup difference.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I Can't Defeat Airman
Feb. 28
Princeton, NJ
62 Entrants
$10 Entry
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=223745

1: Airman (Mew2King) - Meta Knight
2: Shadow Man (Shadow) - Meta Knight
3: Harpuia (Inui) - Snake/Meta Knight
4: ADHD - Diddy Kong
5: Snakeee - Zero Suit Samus
5: RepairManManMan (Atomsk) - Wario/Dedede
7: dmbrandon - Meta Knight
7: Sigma (Ksizzle - Meta Knight/Lucario

Posting someone else's tournament...because um....because.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I never got that song, all you had to do was spam with regular buster and just walk through a tornado, even on hard.

Either way, awesome name for a tournament.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Well, Airman's stage was pretty difficult, but the joke is that when you -try- to beat Air man the way it was intended, he's extremely difficult. The irony of the song is that there is a dumb simple strategy that works. It's supposed to be funny that way.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
YES! YUSHEE MOVED UP, BABEH!

But Bowser is second to last. :urg: Kinda weird, he actually has decent top tier matchups, including an almost even against MK.

Also, shouldn't Wario be B rank? He's somewhat close to G&W, but really far from Falco. The top 3 almost always remain the same, but everybody below that is going everywhere.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
YES! YUSHEE MOVED UP, BABEH!

But Bowser is second to last. :urg: Kinda weird, he actually has decent top tier matchups, including an almost even against MK.

Also, shouldn't Wario be B rank? He's somewhat close to G&W, but really far from Falco. The top 3 almost always remain the same, but everybody below that is going everywhere.
People just don't play him :p

Were the least populated board and, although we have quite a bit of skilled reps (vex, sliq, kishsquared) we just lack an overall big community (even a medium sized community would be good :p)

-:bowser:Bowser King

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Link is the same way. :o When you can count the people who have placed in tournaments and know everyone who has even placed a video, it makes you wish more people played your character. :o

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
I agree with MK. Link may suck, but he shouldn't be last. Several characters are below where they should ideally be because nobody uses them *coughyoshibowserlinkcough*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom