• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiO3S6LwlGM

Clearly, all Diddy has is bananas.

Diddy is a great comboing character who has a projectile that sets up his combos very well. He can still do ridiculous amounts of damage without them.
1. We ALL know Azen is above the rules, you cant use his matches to prove anything, that kid breaks rules like everytime he plays...

2. That was a terrible video to try and use as evidence that diddy doesnt need nanners he used them just as much as any diddy...

ftl

Smash Journeyman
So what's people's problem with diddy using nanerz?

It's what makes him unique, it's what makes him the character he is. They're well-balanced - it's not like they utterly **** everyone. They make his playstyle different than any other character, and yet he's still about even with them - Diddys *should* be abusing their bananas whenever possible... it's not a bad thing, people! Diversity in playstyles is good!

gantrain05

Smash Master
So what's people's problem with diddy using nanerz?

It's what makes him unique, it's what makes him the character he is. They're well-balanced - it's not like they utterly **** everyone. They make his playstyle different than any other character, and yet he's still about even with them - Diddys *should* be abusing their bananas whenever possible... it's not a bad thing, people! Diversity in playstyles is good!
cuz nannerz are h4x0rz and you know it, i mean cmon, tripping was bad already....and now theres a character who throws out items that force you to trip, in fact, i've lost to a diddy because i tripped into a banana while i was going to pick it up with a dash attack, so yeah, trip > nanner > Fsmash......i hate tripping in general, so basically i hate nannerz

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Well, that's just like complaining about how Peach can pull out bombs, swords, and turnips that deal 30% damage :p

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Good diddy players can own with or without bananas (but only using one strat or the other is just silly)...diddy has a lot of quick attacks with weak knockback so he can be just as annoying without bananas.

When I play an opponent that is very good at using my naners against me, I just quit spamming them so much and continue to do well without them. Try to play Peach without pressing Down B...yeah right.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if you have all items turned off, she cant pull saturns, bombs or swords, I thought everyone knew this...

and besides turnips are pretty bad as far as projectiles go, i dont think any peach player would have a major issue playing with out them.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yes she can. It's an inheritance from Melee.

You're thinking of Dedede's Waddle Toss properties.

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
hey i was curious is there anyway I can see the indepth fall 08 list?Like I know you have the rankings posteed. But I wanted to know if I could see a list includintg wins, top2s top4s and top8s. I was wondering if pehaps u had a link to it somewhere or something. I only saw the indepth summer list.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
1. We ALL know Azen is above the rules, you cant use his matches to prove anything, that kid breaks rules like everytime he plays...

2. That was a terrible video to try and use as evidence that diddy doesnt need nanners he used them just as much as any diddy...
1.) The fact that Azen can play Diddy like that proves it is possible.

2.) He really doesn't use bananas as much as other Diddys. He starts most of his combos with them, but isn't really reliant at all. Azen uses them as a safe approach option.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Diddy is hardcore compared to Falcon, w/e have you see his Aerials? Like, have you seen Ninjalink's sig?? Diddy has more going on than the Bananas, the Bananas are just amazing.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
i would actually really like to see how much worse he gets without bananas...
It would be interesting, although not really workable. In reality, if Diddy didn't have Bananas, that slot would be filled with another move. It all depends on the viability of that move to help Diddy. Just plain taking away the Bananas would be like playing a Meta who can't use the Tornado. Now, I'll give that Metaknight is a much better overall character and would likely still be GOOD, it does get rid of his most reliable approach attack. The DAir and FAir might seem like worse approaches if the opponent only had to worry about handling them.

infomon

Smash Scientist
i would actually really like to see how much worse he gets without bananas...
If the Diddy's not extremely careful with the bananas, then he might get better without them.... particularly in some matchups, where the opponent might have better options with them than Diddy.

But that's prolly just a matter of Diddy learning the matchup enough to avoid letting them get bananas, if possible.

CO18

Smash Hero
FIU Brawl Tourney: Miami FL

Entrants: 45
Entry: 10$

1: Seibrik ($270.00) (Snake/Dedede/Mk/Ganon)
2: Sonic Ghost/Master Raven ($135.00) (Metaknight)
3: C!/Galeon ($45.00) (Lucas)
4: Chaz (Marth)
5: Bonesaw (Metaknight)
5: Underground (Falco)
7: Izzy (Game and Watch)
7: 8-Bit (Mk/Snake/Olimar)

Original thread http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214466

Galeon's too pro.

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
Return to Castle FALCON PUNCH 2009 - Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Entrants: 29
Entry fee: $10

1. Zhao (LUIGI)
2. Mal (DEDEDE, NESS)
3. JTF (WOLF, FALCO)
4. EPIC. (TOON LINK)
5. K (ZEROSUIT SAMUS)
5. Pea (KIRBY, OLIMAR)
7. Max (PIKACHU, ZELDA)
7. Justin Wiles (DONKEY KONG)

We also had a doubles tourney, but we don't care about that, right? Right.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
FIU Brawl Tourney: Miami FL

Entrants: 45
Entry: 10$

1: Seibrik ($270.00) (Snake/Dedede/Mk/Ganon)
2: Sonic Ghost/Master Raven ($135.00) (Metaknight)
3: C!/Galeon ($45.00) (Lucas)
4: Chaz (Marth)
5: Bonesaw (Metaknight)
5: Underground (Falco)
7: Izzy (Game and Watch)
7: 8-Bit (Mk/Snake/Olimar)

Original thread http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214466

Galeon's too pro.
Can we get Seibrik up in here to clarify which characters that he used actually mattered?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Here's some results from yesterday.

Impact Clash III: Redemption

Thread link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=202133

Location - Douglasville, GA
Entrants - 47
Entry Fee - $10

1: Reflex [Wario, Pokemon Trainer] ($329.00)
2: Hrnut [Snake, Meta Knight] ($94.00)
3: GDX [Diddy Kong, Mr. Game and Watch] ($47.00)
4: Rx- [Meta Knight, ROB]
5: Biglou [Luigi]
5: Will_ [Meta Knight, Donkey Kong, Ness]
7: Desu [Meta Knight, King Dedede]
7: Kismet [Falco]
AND BEFORE PEOPLE FEEL THE NEED TO QUESTION MY USE OF PT IN TOURNAMENT AGAIN, I USED HIM ABOUT THE SAME, IF NOT MORE THAN, MY WARIO. Jeez.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Okay *lol*

TOURNAMENT: Teddy's Fun Times
LINK: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209914
DATE: 17th January, 2009
LOCALE: Australia
ENTRANTS: 27
ENTRY: $15.00
RESULTS:
1. Meteor Master (Ness/ROB)
2. Tedeth (Wolf)
3. Kulla (Metaknight)
4. TCR (Pokemon Trainer)
5. SD (Lucas/Pit)
6. Turtle (Pit/Diddy/Marth)
7. Gords (Diddy/Toon link)
8. Sam (Metaknight)

It finally is true that it wasn't counted or seen <3 Ness mains.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
God dammit Shaya you just missed today's update. Gonna have to wait 'till next week to see what changes that tourney has wrought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom