• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

infomon

Smash Scientist
ShadowLink, I understand the priority system of Brawl very well, there's no need to try and explain it to me. And a correction about MK:

A number of his mvoes like his Dsmash and Fsmash do obey the 10% rule.
Actually, they don't. All his jabs, tilts, and smashes are immune to clashing against opponent hitboxes. Just a minor technicality, just thought I should mention it, I don't mean to sound like an arrogant douchebag here lol.

Anyway, while I respect your intellectual pursuits into Brawl's priority system and that you encourage precise, fact-driven discussion of priority...... that's not the most useful definition of priority within the context of general matchup discussions. When we're talking about a matchup, we would like a vocabulary to describe which moves effectively win against other moves when there's a contest, but as you know there's more to that than just damage and disjointedness; the timing of the attacks, in terms of time to charge (if any), time to release, duration of hitbox, and rapidity of repeated hitboxes in multi-hitting attacks... those are relevant to the perception of priority. It's okay for us to accept a less precise terminology for the sake of one that's actually convenient and useful for discussing high-level matchups, including the metagame required to build hitbox-vs.-hitbox interactions.

Just my 2cents... anyway this is well off-topic, srry >.>

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
ShadowLink, I understand the priority system of Brawl very well, there's no need to try and explain it to me. And a correction about MK:

Actually, they don't. All his jabs, tilts, and smashes are immune to clashing against opponent hitboxes. Just a minor technicality, just thought I should mention it, I don't mean to sound like an arrogant douchebag here lol.

Anyway, while I respect your intellectual pursuits into Brawl's priority system and that you encourage precise, fact-driven discussion of priority...... that's not the most useful definition of priority within the context of general matchup discussions. When we're talking about a matchup, we would like a vocabulary to describe which moves effectively win against other moves when there's a contest, but as you know there's more to that than just damage and disjointedness; the timing of the attacks, in terms of time to charge (if any), time to release, duration of hitbox, and rapidity of repeated hitboxes in multi-hitting attacks... those are relevant to the perception of priority. It's okay for us to accept a less precise terminology for the sake of one that's actually convenient and useful for discussing high-level matchups, including the metagame required to build hitbox-vs.-hitbox interactions.

Just my 2cents... anyway this is well off-topic, srry >.>
I'll carry it on with you in PM's if you want so that we don't get spammy,
My error on MK's moves. Could ahve sworn they clang with other moves. @_@

Inui

Banned via Warnings
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=206672

$10 entry.
50 entrants.

1st/2nd split: Inui (Meta Knight/Snake)
1st/2nd split: Atomsk (Dedede/Olimar/Kirby)
3: Keitaro (Falco/Snake)
4: ksizzle (Dedede)
5: Yes! (Snake)
5: Izumi (Meta Knight/Toon Link)
7: BlackWaltz (Olimar)
7: Chrome Pirate (Diddy Kong)

I technically won the grand finals set against Atomsk even though he could have cypher gimped me in the last game but he didn't. Just count me as 1st then.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Ankoku, i was wondering why the tourney i entered way back on page 239 wasnt entered into the list. i actually got a first with Yoshi and i would like to help my character a bit :(. i believe i had everything you needed but if i didnt, i can change it.
I'm using 30 Posts per page, so 239 Doesn't exist for me, but he did submit it.... I think

Edit: Found it

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5799535&postcount=3583
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=201645

Bald Mountain Lock-In Smash Tourney
West Jefferson, NC
October 17th

entrance fee-$15 (including pizza money)
16 entries
1v1 best 2/3, best 3/5 for finals
single elimination due to time restraints, (thats what you get for wrestling lol)

winners are as follows:

Placement - Name - Gamer Tag (if they had one) - Character

1st-Aaron-AROW, (Yoshi)
2nd-Logan, (Wolf, Sheik)
3rd-Chun, (Lucario)
4th-Keegan-Kegn, (Snake)
8th-Jose, (Link, Mario)
8th-Sam C, (Ike)
8th-Gracie, (Kirby)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I guess it was dubious since it was single elimination, but if it really makes you feel better I'll include it in next week's pass.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm not sure how you expect us to believe that when you're trying so hard to be different.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
...I thought Luigi would rise, since I saw him place in at least 4 tourneys in the last couple of tourneys.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
TOs need to stop counting random one-time use stuff. Atomsk picked MK against me after I beat his Olimar twice, won the ditto, and then lost to my Snake, but should MK be put as one of his characters? Of course not.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Chels' Sonic.
i then proceeded to make stupid mistakes in our first match such as an early SD.

When I Cped green greens I miscalculated my placement and I struck a bomb right after I hit Chels with the Dsmash. The one time I accidentally blow up a bomb and it kills me. =(

I just make stupid mistakes and behavior when I get pressured.

I forgot to ask you for a friendly. I probably would have gotten wrecked by I never really got to experience your MK first hand.

shanus

Smash Hero
Brown University Annual Brawl Tournament
36 Entrants
$5 Entry Fee
Prizes are sponsored Console/PC Games equating to about 100$ 1st place, 50$ 2nd/3rd/4th.
Brackets: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3141/3055515826_df80f2c7be_o.jpg

No smashboards link as it was a school hosted tourney, here's the results:

Singles:
1-Shanus (Olimar/MK)
2-Shortline99 (Diddy/ROB)
3-Josh (Olimar – don't know his smashboards name lol)
4-Sebastian (Falco)
5- Mike (Ness)
5- Jason (Zelda)
7- Ryan (MK/Pikachu?)
7- Andrew (D3)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
TOURNAMENT: Melbourne Ranbat
LINK: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5916501&postcount=5035
DATE: November 23rd, 2008
LOCALE: Australia
ENTRANTS: 54
ENTRY: $5.00
RESULTS:
1 Cobalt (Mr. Game & Watch/Snake/King Dedede/Falco)
2 S.D (Pit/Peach)
3 Shaya (Marth)
4 LukeATY (Snake)
5 Redact (King Dedede)
5 icek (Falco/ZeldaSheik)
7 a (Snake)
7 Meteor (ROB)

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
If Meta Knight was restricted from a tournament in any way it needs to be noted in the results XD

hmm, nobody has posted the OH Snap results here yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom