• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Rankings List - Post-March 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Hylain, abuse your power again like that and you'll receive infractions yourself, I don't care if you're new to the job.

~Chis

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Hylain, abuse your power again like that and you'll receive infractions yourself, I don't care if you're new to the job.

~Chis
Lol, I saw Hylian posted last night in a C. Falcon thread, after SamuraiPanda had closed it.
That's probably a no-no under most circumstances.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER

~Chis
Uh, mods can't be given infractions. Might want to learn the workings of the boards before you go around threatening mods, lol.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
They can be given infraction and get banned. Ask Xsyven... And how do you know they can't be given infractions?

Tenki

Smash Hero
How often is the front page updated?
-------------

WARNING: QUOTE APPROACHES!
I'm glad this thread has been productive on most part.

However I will not let it deteriorate to spam.
The irony.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Irony?

No, not yet. So the last 11 pages were full of Sonic and steak...

Anyways, who's got potential to go up from the borderline rank the most?
Sonic has the second most wins in borderline. Better than the others?

Discuss//
Twice. Ignored twice. I genuinely wanted an discussion here and I tried to change the subject but got ignored. So yeah, can we discuss this now?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Twice. Ignored twice. I genuinely wanted an discussion here and I tried to change the subject but got ignored. So yeah, can we discuss this now?
People ignore you because they don't care.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

~Chis
I warned you.

I've been around here a lot longer then you buddy.
Lol, I saw Hylian posted last night in a C. Falcon thread, after SamuraiPanda had closed it.
That's probably a no-no under most circumstances.
This happens all the time.

Edit:

I just handed out more infractions. Don't spam, and don't reply to spam.

I wasn't kidding.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Thanks for the infraction, Hylian. It's obvious you gave me the infraction because I talked about YOU in my post.

Just so you know, spam and replies to spam occur ALL THE TIME in virtually every thread ever created on every forum.
What are you going to be the one-man police force and round up the many thousands of users who do this?

Someone take away this kid's modship stat.

EDIT: Remember, "You know what else is top tier? Being able to post in closed topics." That could also be considered spam. Ban yourself, fool.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Listen, just stop talking. I was not really caring before 'cause, frankly, the thread needed to be bumped before. But now it's stickied. It doesn't need 45 posts worth of spam in a quarter of a day to keep it up top.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
is anyone else irritated at all the sonic discussion? lol

nothing against you or your steak or anything but it gets old

really old

moldy steak

the world would be a better place if KirbyandSonicrock14 (wtf an even worse screen name than mine) could spell
im just happy that somebody here knows the entire story rofls
No, not yet. So the last 11 pages were full of Sonic and steak...

Anyways, who's got potential to go up from the borderline rank the most?
Boxob speaks. Steeler36 Nsider listen the **** up.

"Steak only gets more powerful as it gets older. and that it actually gets more pristine with age. The fact that Kirby and Sonic both rock is something he's so jealous of that he doesn't even know it yet. If KASR14 typed correctly, the epicness would blow your ****ing head off. "

:093:
this is the kind of crap that i missed...
thank god, i was actually playing the game with jesiah and xiivi when all this went down
Chis, I don't think it's ever a good idea to post opinions of who the best is with any character.

Though, mentioning who is the best is perfectly fine if it's supported by tournament results.
Okay, then I wish he stated that in the first place. It just seemed... random, to me.

Sorry, I just don't like seeing opinions of the who the best players are unless it is backed by tournament results. And I had thought that's what he posted.
its funny because a sonic mainer named blue got really upset at the list because he thought the same thing that you thought at first. when the truth is is that it was just a sonic board popularity contest...
dont let anybody else tell you otherwise.
that being said, dont be so serious about it. its not a big deal
I don't hate Sonic (keep in mind as a true random main I have know how to play him too XD), I just hate the *********** of his character board. And you guys will never learn to stop spamming (and then whining about getting modded for it).
its funny because the spamming actually started because some of the sonic mainers wanted more mod attention in the board so they (not me) spammed the hell out of everything in the hope that a mod (xsyven) would focus on the sonic boards and keep the stupidity to a lower degree.
the problem occured when in addition to modding the things that they wanted modded, they didnt realise that half of the things they were doing were against forum rules, so after that they modding went farther than they wanted it to. which is why sonic mainer have all this random spam floating around all the boards
Thanks for the infraction, Hylian. It's obvious you gave me the infraction because I talked about YOU in my post.

Just so you know, spam and replies to spam occur ALL THE TIME in virtually every thread ever created on every forum.
What are you going to be the one-man police force and round up the many thousands of users who do this?

dude, i got my 6th point one time just because i was in a sonic thread and i called SP out on the stupid magikarp thing, and told them to quit it. and then he banned me.
garbage like that happens all the time.
of course they cant modd everywhere but they can set an example by modding the places that they travel by. and when they do that they set the precedent of modding and than its less likely to happen else where, thats how it works

EDIT
sorrry for being off topic ankoku, i remember what happened when you took the rankings down and id rather that not happen again so ill be on topic now

PT is very low on the rankings
Sonic is in the middle of the rankings
yet ive heard from people that were entirely certain that charizard is a better character than sonic

id like to know why, can we discuss this please?

M15t3R E

Smash Master
dude, i got my 6th point one time just because i was in a sonic thread and i called SP out on the stupid magikarp thing, and told them to quit it. and then he banned me.
garbage like that happens all the time.
of course they cant modd everywhere but they can set an example by modding the places that they travel by. and when they do that they set the precedent of modding and than its less likely to happen else where, thats how it works
Not true.
People will still post spam and reply to spam, etc.
Nothing will change.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
lol Hylian banned him for that post
I gave him an infraction for it. He already had 5 points. Not all of them from me.

EDIT: Remember, "You know what else is top tier? Being able to post in closed topics." That could also be considered spam. Ban yourself, fool.
Obvious? Do you know how many people I infracted in this thread? You were replying to spam, so you got infracted.

You can PM me about it rather then spamming the topic more.

Listen, just stop talking. I was not really caring before 'cause, frankly, the thread needed to be bumped before. But now it's stickied. It doesn't need 45 posts worth of spam in a quarter of a day to keep it up top.
This^^.

If you want to legitimately discuss the rankings in here by all means feel free. I'm not going to be nice about infracting people that spam however.

Tenki

Smash Hero
sorrry for being off topic ankoku, i remember what happened when you took the rankings down and id rather that not happen again so ill be on topic now

PT is very low on the rankings
Sonic is in the middle of the rankings
yet ive heard from people that were entirely certain that charizard is a better character than sonic

id like to know why, can we discuss this please?
can we please?
lol Chis moment.

Charizard has a sick edgeguarding and grab game.

Though, I'm not exactly sure why you'd bring that up in this thread, since Charizard is part of PT. I think the problem is that PT mains find less tournaments, similar to the Sonic situation earlier this year. Or that the PT mains might not be good players.

In the upper ranks, it usually should boil down to player skill moreso than character choice.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
its funny because the spamming actually started because some of the sonic mainers wanted more mod attention in the board so they (not me) spammed the hell out of everything in the hope that a mod (xsyven) would focus on the sonic boards and keep the stupidity to a lower degree.
the problem occured when in addition to modding the things that they wanted modded, they didnt realise that half of the things they were doing were against forum rules, so after that they modding went farther than they wanted it to. which is why sonic mainer have all this random spam floating around all the boards

....That is the dumbest ****ing plan I have ever heard in my life. In the future perhaps you should consider...PMing mods about issues that need fixing? All of my dealings with the moderation staff on Smashbaords has always been quick and effecient whether it be Jesiah, Mic_128 or AZ, they've got their **** together and they take the time to follow up on the issues that you ask them about. No need to -cause- trouble in order to -solve- trouble. =/

since I'm here might as well talk about the list.

daKID, Charizard -is- a good character, he's just forced to turn into two other characters every so often. You can see how that might not be great for his tournament rankings lol. Not to mention PT is unpopular.

Ankoku do you think we can expect less tournament results during the holiday season?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
IMO, Ivysaur's metagame is what holds PT back. It takes the most effort to play him well. And though at times he CAN be played well, it's very difficult to stay consistent and adapt to matchups with Ivy.

Charizard is quite good, Squirtle is excellent.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
PT uses three pokemanz, so he is teh h4x0rs.

but seriously. PT needs to switch between characters, thats whats holding Charizard back. Even if all three characters were pretty darn good, it would still be holding PT back because you need to main 3 chars at once -_- I don't exactly see why he would be better than Sonic though. But he's not bad.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Well Charizard has better range, kill power, more disjointed hit boxes, better grab range, more powerful throws, a psuedo projectile that deals -ridiculous- damage and a regular flamethrower projectile, a better edgeguard game, and an actual spike. O.o

He can also turn into a turtle. Can Sonic turn into a turtle?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
....That is the dumbest ****ing plan I have ever heard in my life. In the future perhaps you should consider...PMing mods about issues that need fixing? All of my dealings with the moderation staff on Smashbaords has always been quick and effecient whether it be Jesiah, Mic_128 or AZ, they've got their **** together and they take the time to follow up on the issues that you ask them about. No need to -cause- trouble in order to -solve- trouble. =/
dude, you dont know how many times i tried to explain that to them, but they were never great at listening to me. trust me i know what you mean, i know jesiah as a close personal friend and ive spoken maturely with many mods so trust me, i know....
they also dont know what a report button is.
it was really upsetting for a good while...

back to charizard

from the responces given i believe that i can safely assume that inui and steeler lied to me
also all the turtle does is curl up into his shell, and in that way yes, sonic can curl into a ball and thus do the same thing.
oh and yea
rock smash is so brokedified

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
they said char was a better character than sonic because i said that he should be at the same tier placement as characters like wolf and charizard.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Well they weren't lying, Charizard outclasses sonic in almost everything except Mindgames and ground speed. He's just overall a better character with better matchups that is unfortunately tied to a horrible gimmick. If you counted Charizard by himself he is unquestionably better overall, but if you counted him as he is, tied to Pokemon Trainer, then it's more debatable.

gantrain05

Smash Master
lots of hate on ivysaur today, he's really not a bad char, his spacing game is pretty good imo, Bair/Razor leaf/Ftilt are all good spacing moves, and if you get caught in a bullet seed its probably a good 30% your gonna take, yeah he has his bad matchups just like any other character, but so do squirtle and charizard, and yes rocksmash is waaaaay to broken lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Well they weren't lying, Charizard outclasses sonic in almost everything except Mindgames and ground speed. He's just overall a better character with better matchups that is unfortunately tied to a horrible gimmick. If you counted Charizard by himself he is unquestionably better overall, but if you counted him as he is, tied to Pokemon Trainer, then it's more debatable.
you think so?
ive never seen a charizard played to a point where i would consider him above average, except the one time i played a guy and all he did was spam rock smash

are there any good videos?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Well they weren't lying, Charizard outclasses sonic in almost everything except Mindgames and ground speed.
Recovery? No.
combo capability? Not really.
killing power? Definitely.
priority? Yes

over all better? No.

He's just overall a better character with better matchups that is unfortunately tied to a horrible gimmick.
better matchups?
Not familiar can you bring them up?
If you counted Charizard by himself he is unquestionably better overall, but if you counted him as he is, tied to Pokemon Trainer, then it's more debatable.
*shrug*
Who knows, from my experience I dislike Charizards slow speed, slow kill moves, sub par recovery and a number of other things.
The best thing he has is his rock smash but thats pretty much it.

Well Charizard has better range, kill power, more disjointed hit boxes,
better grab range, more powerful throws, a psuedo projectile that deals -ridiculous- damage and a regular flamethrower projectile, a better edgeguard game, and an actual spike. O.o
He can also turn into a turtle. Can Sonic turn into a turtle?
The flam thrower projectile is not very good.
A better edgeguard game? I disagree. Primarily because of the fact that Sonic much quicker and is capable f getting t his opponent more quickly than Charizard.
Flamethrower is kay. Not great.
rock smash is awesome.
He does have better grab range but I would argue that Sonic's throws can deal more damage and places he opponent in situations that are more favorable to him.

Sonic has a much better approach game and won't get camped as easily as Charizard does.

Sonic has a spike at certain percentages and its as good as Charizard's spike (c wut i did thar?)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Why is Charizard bad?

Because every two minutes or less, he becomes weaker and slower than Sonic.

LatexRhombus

Smash Journeyman
This isn't supposed to be subjective, but your math is really screwy....without knowing how you do it, you clearly over value top 2 and undervalue top 1. Based on that data, marth should be above g and watch and wario and whoever else is above him....fail.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
This isn't supposed to be subjective, but your math is really screwy....without knowing how you do it, you clearly over value top 2 and undervalue top 1. Based on that data, marth should be above g and watch and wario and whoever else is above him....fail.
You forgot to take into account tournament size and entrance fee. Larger tournaments get more points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom