• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
MEW2KING IS OUT!

DABUZ HAS TAKEN THE SET!

GOD ALMIGHTY!

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I really don't like Olimar but this is enjoyable because it shows I'm not the only one to struggle getting through to Olimar I think M2K is overrated and it shows that Olimar isn't bad in this game... and I never thought he was. :p

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Did anyone else get Brood vs M2K flashbacks, minus the Meta Knight planking?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Holy **** he won as Olimar.
I've been looking for a secondary for the longest time. Since people are starting to take the 1111 approach with Mii Fighter thanks to Apex, Olimar may just be it. Olimar too strong!!!! Go Dabuz!!!

WyvernLord

Smash Cadet
NNID
WyvernLord
3DS FC
0860-3366-4038
I really don't like Olimar but this is enjoyable because it shows I'm not the only one to struggle getting through to Olimar I think M2K is overrated and it shows that Olimar isn't bad in this game... and I never thought he was. :p
I don't know where people got the idea that Olimar was bad in this game. can easily rack up damage and stop momentum by throwing pikmin and has a relatively large smash and grab range with good power and speed

Blue Banana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
2ndDerivative
3DS FC
4038-6328-0283
I'm just happy there was some Oli action in Top 8, even if it was only a pocket. All of the Olimar mains that attended Apex got eliminated in 2nd seed, I think.

Last edited:

NairWizard

Somewhere
How is Olimar's reward underwhelming? He hits you once at 0 and you take like 9000% damage.

Character is almost definitely top 10 in my eyes.
#Itoldyouso #Olimarsgood

Is strongish vs. Pikachu too. Not sure about Sheik. Seems like Sheik's favor.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
DO PEOPLE NOT KNOW HOW TO DI SONIC'S BTHROW HONESTLY YOU DI UP
It might have killed anyway considering max rage but that was sad, he just flew in the throw's normal trajectory.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Err... wasn't Mew2King feeling somewhat down? Not to take anything away from Olimar.

If you people think Olimar counters Diddy now, just wait till he breaks out the Tackle Pikmin.
Rocket gimps galore.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Haha those Sonic Kills and 6wx creativity is amazing.
Is anyone else getting annoyed by the twitch chat? It is in Sub Mode and we still getting "Muh Melee"nonsense. Sigh...

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Sonic is a stupid character (as a Smash fight, no opinion on him as an actual character) in general and will always be a stupid character because of his polarizing attributes (whether he is actually good or bad, doesn't matter) unless he gets changed greatly and receives normalization. It's just the kind of character he is in Smash. Olimar (despite being my main in Brawl and loving to play him in Brawl) is much the same way honestly but he's not nearly as popular.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Mostly due to him being a Diddy counter. I just hope he doesn't oversaturate like Diddy.
I would more so say it's because Olimar is an under utilized character in general, so Mew2King might of not been aware of or forgot what the character could and couldn't do.

That and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is not his top priority to begin with.

RWB

Smash Ace
Gotta love the Top 4 Diversity:
Diddy
Sheik
Sonic
Rosalina/Olimar

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Alright so I been noticing this for around a month now but I finally found the way to beat sheik.

Let her tack on 80+% on you and kill her at like 70% since her moves are stale and she can't kill even moreso from throwing fairs bouncing fish and bairs all day to get you 80-120%.
Honestly this poor character gets punished for being in the lead while Lucario punishes you for being in the lead lol

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Sonic should not have kill throws. A character that mobile does not need kill throws. Give them to Zelda or someone.

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
That first match is the closest anyone's gotten to beating Zero's Diddy in forever

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I don't know where people got the idea that Olimar was bad in this game. can easily rack up damage and stop momentum by throwing pikmin and has a relatively large smash and grab range with good power and speed
Main assets from Brawl being drastically nerfed in recovery time. Drastic nerfs
tend to cause a potent snap-back effect in perception. Just look at Meta Knight.
Flawed Pikmin A.I on the 3DS didn't help either.

MrKandy

Smash Cadet
NNID
xBingox
Alright so I been noticing this for around a month now but I finally found the way to beat sheik.

Let her tack on 80+% on you and kill her at like 70% since her moves are stale and she can't kill even moreso from throwing fairs bouncing fish and bairs all day to get you 80-120%.
Honestly this poor character gets punished for being in the lead while Lucario punishes you for being in the lead lol
Lol, lucario is too good for anyone O: Honestly though, I might try this.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Nobody cares about the brawl nerfs.
Olimar is still poor on the 3DS. The AI is legit the night and day difference between 3ds and Wii U.

If Olimar had 3DS AI, Dabuz would of lost to M2k.
They are too much of a staple of the character to have them not work.

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
hype diddy vs sheik winner's finals going on...
meanwhile vgbootcamp's subscribers-only mode chat is complaining about Melee not going on
very classy guys

(this is pretty exciting because sheik is pretty hype but her inability to kill gets me frustrated when diddy gets blatantly easy kills)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom