• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
Olimar and Duck Hunt both putting in work? Validation! *goes back to working on his character choices in the vain hope he can inspire awe*

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
hype diddy vs sheik winner's finals going on...
meanwhile vgbootcamp's subscribers-only mode chat is complaining about Melee not going on
very classy guys

(this is pretty exciting because sheik is pretty hype but her inability to kill gets me frustrated when diddy gets blatantly easy kills)
VGBC has always been biased for Melee regardless of the game. Might as well pretend the chat doesn't exist.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
It's either Rosalina (Dabuz) or Sonic (6WX) or Sheik (Mr R) against Diddy for GF.

Dabuz may choose Olimar to go up against ZeRo's Diddy if he gets that far, but that's not the character that brought him this far.

RanserSSF4

Banned via Administration
NNID
RanserSSF4
As much as I'm liking this Top 8 of Smash 4, I do have two problems that I personally agree with a lot of people:

1. I wish every match in Smash 4 Top 8 wasn't Bo5. I understand because of 2 stock 6 minutes and Bo5 allows more comebacks (like that Dabuz comeback against M2K), but every smash game in Top 8's other than GFs have always been Bo3. I would've made the Top 8 of Smash 4 like that. Matches would be more interesting and be completely different (Even though some of the matches were interesting to watch anyway).

2. Coaching takes too long. I know it's banned during rounds, but I'm starting to dislike that it takes a long time for coaching to be done!

Last edited:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Sonic should not have kill throws. A character that mobile does not need kill throws. Give them to Zelda or someone.
Zelda's kills fairly well with an appropriate amount of rage like most Bthrows.
Sonic's is a little stronger than most, but is otherwise only noteworthy due to his speed.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I'm honestly torn. I'm a big Dabuz fan, but I feel 6WX would do better against Mr.R and Zero.

Too bad Ally didn't make it through Top 16.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
All I can say for Grand Finals is this: There better be "HOO HAH!" chants.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
You know Apex 2015, for all it's faults, ended up way better than expected. Now there is legit hype for Pac-man, Greninja, Duck Hunt, and even Olimar. Maybe now there'll be even more unexplored characters in the future. Oooooh I can't wait!

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I feel like because people tried so hard so long to beat Metaknight and it didn't happen people wanted to jump to Sheik and Diddy right off this time. This should foster some variety. I'm excited.

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
Welp, Rosalina camping making me want to fall asleep.

Sanic not havin' a good time.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Am I the only one that finds Sonic's back throw very satisfying to look at?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I feel like because people tried so hard so long to beat Metaknight and it didn't happen people wanted to jump to Sheik and Diddy right off this time. This should foster some variety. I'm excited.
I feel this is it. Granted, Ice Climbers also got up to MK's level as well after a number of years, but our experiences with Brawl definitely narrowed our expectations for Smash 4.

Last edited:

RanserSSF4

NNID
RanserSSF4
Some changes definitely need to be made to streamline the experience. Well, at least future tournaments have something to base their rule sets on.
I agree. The MU's I don't mind, I just disliked making every match Bo5 and having coaching between matches. Other than that, I am liking this Top 8, despite some boring moments!

Welp, Rosalina camping making me want to fall asleep.

Sanic not havin' a good time.
Dabuz may be winning his matches, but he needs to step it up. It's kinda frustrating watching games like this.

He can definitely be more aggressive...

Last edited:

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
You know Apex 2015, for all it's faults, ended up way better than expected. Now there is legit hype for Pac-man, Greninja, Duck Hunt, and even Olimar. Maybe now there'll be even more unexplored characters in the future. Oooooh I can't wait!
Hey, I'm hype for Diddy, Sheik, Sonic, and Rosalina too. I like watching good players. Not that that stuff isn't amazing as well.

Last edited:

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
hype diddy vs sheik winner's finals going on...
meanwhile vgbootcamp's subscribers-only mode chat is complaining about Melee not going on
very classy guys

(this is pretty exciting because sheik is pretty hype but her inability to kill gets me frustrated when diddy gets blatantly easy kills)
I feel like those guys wouldn't be happy with anything that isn't Melee. The matches for the most part have been exciting, including Dabuz vs. Abadango and when Dabuz switched to Olimar to take on Diddy.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Bill Trinen @trintran
What few people realize is that Rosalina's down B injures the opponent if hit by their own projectile in the vortex. Be aggressive Dabuz

Someone should tweet Bill right back and ask him how he felt about aggro Rosa those last two games.

Last edited:

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
Warning Received
Dabuz is the lamest, unhypest player I've ever witnessed.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Hey, I'm hype for Diddy, Sheik, Sonic, and Rosalina too. I like watching good players. Not that that stuff isn't amazing as well.
I mean just look at Top 4 four different characters! Now I feel silly for expecting eight Diddys

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
6WX could literally just stand still and time out Dabuz.
M2K tried this and it was working until he couldn't take it any more and got bored. Not everyone wants to play the way Dabuz does, and it ends up working very well for Dabuz because he's so good at defensive zoning.

Dabuz's general strategy has to do with tossing out hitboxes constantly, and a lot of players have a hard time 'getting in' and dealing with it, before Luma hits them (or Olimar's Pikmin). There's a reason DAbuz plays both Rosa and Olimar - they have similar zoning abilities and they fit his playstyle.

Last edited:

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Warning Received
I'm sorry, but Rosalina/Dabuz embodies every aspect of Smash 4 that I don't like. Gives the game a horrible name imo.

outfoxd

Smash Ace
NNID
outfoxd
Warning Received
I
I'm sorry, but Rosalina/Dabuz embodies every aspect of Smash 4 that I don't like. Gives the game a horrible name imo.
It's like he's the Georges St. Pierre of Smash. But not an attractive and muscular French Canadian.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Rosalina is probably the most boring character in the whole game to watch. Pac-Man at least uses his projectiles for both defensive play and pressuring the opponent, Rosalina is just boring no matter what you do.

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
Welp I'm going to channel all of my hopes that Mr.R destroys Dabuz's RosaLuma.

Edit: And that's no good getting Baired like that.

Last edited:

RanserSSF4

NNID
RanserSSF4
I honestly agree. Dabuz IMO has an entertaining Olimar, but his Rosaluma is boring to watch. Granted, I know Rosaluma is designed to by campy, but I don't like Rosaluma in general!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom