• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

webbedspace

Smash Journeyman
Or, he was forced into a crappy position, in which case we should be applauding the good play of Average Joe. Using the Halberd Laser to edge guard your opponent is a very strong play.
The moment itself isn't very impressive:

He goes for the ledge on purpose and lets the crosshair mislead him about the actual blast radius.

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Or, he was forced into a crappy position, in which case we should be applauding the good play of Average Joe. Using the Halberd Laser to edge guard your opponent is a very strong play.
Or, both of them just were continuing their game without paying any special attention to the laser and the one who got hit just happened to be in a crappy position at that time, which is usually the case.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
In this game, it might not be a surprise for characters not to get royally screwed over by a lot of MUs, then again, define "bad" since Ganondorf going 0:100 Ice Climbers is bad, terrible, horrible, "Please, Hylia, NO!", and to the masochists out there, "fun".

Oh, and Sonic.
I'd say any MU that's a losing MU us a bad MU. If it's not in your favor it's hard to claim it's a good MU for your character.

andimidna

Smash Master
Rosa vs Luigi is pretty bad for wigi unless you can 0-death. Otherwise, getting in is very difficult.

Actually, if Luma is knocked away (which isn't too hard for luigi), the mu is very livable. Still, Rosa 60/40 at worst for Rosa
Ooh Luigi 0-death? Wait I might've seen this before. Is this 0-death dthrow fair continue to ledge dthrow dair?

GeneralLedge

Smash Journeyman
Not a main but:

:4miisword: I don't even
I was going to write some epic poem about Gale Strike and its usefulness, but then I recognized your name from the Mii Sword boards and you've probably heard enough about it from @ZarroTsu by now. (Stupid Shaq April Fools joke)

But in spite of people outside that board rolling their eyes about it, Gale Strike is in fact very useful against Diddy, because it prevents the things Diddy usually strives to do. Banana peel is destroyed. Monkey Flip is caught in it. Grab-duels are stopped by it.

If there's one place Diddy does not want to be, it's certainly "above Mii Swordfighter". And I'll mention it here, but HEY GUYS ROLLING YOUR EYES DID YOU KNOW GALE STRIKE SHIELD POKES FROM ALL SIDES OF COURSE YOU DIDN'T.

If Fsmash had less endlag Shield hitlag in the game wasn't crap, Mii Sword could seriously Fsmash -> Gale Strike and it would consistently poke through the shield and force opponents into a bad position.

As it stands, Gale Strike in itself pushes :4miisword: to at least 45:55 against :4diddy:. Unless :4diddy: is playing really, really aggressively... in which case you use Counter. :teeth:

TriTails

Smash Lord
Rosa vs Luigi is pretty bad for wigi unless you can 0-death. Otherwise, getting in is very difficult.

Actually, if Luma is knocked away (which isn't too hard for luigi), the mu is very livable. Still, Rosa 60/40 at worst for Rosa
Uh... SH F-air/B-airs?

All Luigi need to fear is Luma's jab that sends him TO THE AIR. And then Rosalina can juggle Luigi with U-air to death (Nah, not really. There are some more things Luigi has to fear, but that jab, that ****ing jab).

Seriously, when I watched Boss vs Dabuz I was like, "Dude, WHY LUMA HAS A GOD TIER JAB!?".

But maybe U-smash answer it?

Last edited:

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Shaq is pretty broken, he can go dthrow dribble -> slam dunk for a 0 to death near the ledge, combined with an air grab and the ability to chaos dunk as a followup, there's no safe place from getting Shaqed. Can we just ban him?

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
My boy :yeahboi: definitely has a 80-20 matchup vs diddy and possibly the rest of the cast (100-0 vs Meta Knight and Kirby). Bananas are useless against him and he can challenge Diddy's off stage presence quite easily with his aerials (all of which have a meteor effect and combo from D-Throw). I think this character needs to be banned tbqh. He's too fast and invalidates 90% of the cast.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
we...are not going to stop with the Shaq OP jokes today are we?

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
tbh i think they're trying to talk about something else but the site is censoring it into shaq

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Remember that time :yeahboi: was in melee but he was so good that he hard countered marth, fox, falco, jiggz, peach, and falcon so the community modded the game to remove him? Good times.

TriTails

Smash Lord
I'm just going with my (horrible) jokes now.

Remember when :yeahboi: was in Brawl and invalifdates MK and the game went into a malfunction right after? REALLY good times.

Smog Frog

Smash Lord
alright shaqs getting annoying

lets talk about how zard has a killthrow stronger than sanics

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
alright shaqs getting annoying

lets talk about how zard has a killthrow stronger than sanics
What the **** is a zard and sanics?

Real talk tho, Shaq's free throws are his only weakness. So if you get thrown you shouldn't take too much damage.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
looks like it's time to main shaq

can't blame you guys for joining the conglomerate, he's pretty strong

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I honestly can't believe @ Zzuxon Zzuxon already made a moveset for Shaq before I made that post.
If you think i actually figured out what the moves I came up with do, you are sorely mistaken.
I just made up a bunch of move names for a joke.

Last edited:

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I gotta be honest with you guys. I didn't know who the hell Shaq is till today. In fact I'm currently doing some research about him as we speak so I don't feel left out on all the jokes. :laugh:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
I think we may have to ban stages that are not walk offs. We can't have Shaq breaking all the ledges like he does backboards.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
its ok at least shaq's recovery is bad so he's not ban worthy imo

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Guys, guys please. Shaq has only been available for approximately 0 seconds. It's WAY too early to start calling out bans. Geez why can't you guys learn to adapt to anything? Here, I went ahead and made a guide on how to beat Shaq. I swear y'all need people to hold your hand for EVERYTHING.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfhhWA9GF0M

You can thank me later.
The fact that I actually remember Aaron Carter makes me feel really old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom