• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Competitive Impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifroze

all is cheese, all is jank
NNID
Trifroze
I'm very doubtful DK's customs are as good as Ike's or Palutena's. Palutena has speed x2, enough said there. Ike has Tempest (best windbox in the game, recovery boost/offstage gimp tool, and is basically superior Storm Punch.), Close Combat (good approach option, beats or clanks with a lot of projectiles, pops the opponent up into the air for free juggles), Counter 2 (also known as "free combo for me if you touch me, or free utilt/ftilt/fsmash for me"), and we can't even agree which version of Aether is the best but it can either be whipping out massive amount of damage while greatly improving our recovery range or being noticeably quicker while having a projectile to cover onstage landings/uses. And then you still have people who like Eruption 3/Aether 1/Counter 1 better all with fairly legitimate reasons. The only dud custom option Ike has is Counter 3.

DK has some good options for sure... but Ike and Palutena in general shatter the custom move mold. The game doesn't give Ike nearly enough custom move set slots for all of the different variant setups he might want to use, and Palutena with two speed boost types is just... mindboggling. Its almost like they setup the Miis and Palutena's customs first, then set up Ike's, and then promptly got lazy with all of the other characters' custom options.
I didn't say DK's customs are as good as Ike's or Palutena's though, only that with customs DK is as good as them.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Like I said, it's a good thing that, range notwithstanding, Shulk is pretty average. Give practically any other character Monado Arts and they become absurd. Ganon with any of the arts would just be stupid. Or Buster Luigi. Oh, oh, I know! Speed Sonic :troll:. Shield Bowser. Just don't get knocked off the stage. Buster/Smash Mac sounds fun, too.

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Y'all don't even understand that Speed MA weaknesses on Villager are either countered or unimportant. I want the Monado as furniture in the next Animal Crossing
:4villager:: This is the Monado's power

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Y'all don't even understand that Speed MA weaknesses on Villager are either countered or unimportant. I want the Monado as furniture in the next Animal Crossing
:4villager:: This is the Monado's power
But you'd have to give up Pocket, assuming that Monado Arts always has to be set to neutral special. Do you really want to do that?

Uh, anyway, Sheik, Diddy, Pikachu, Yoshi, and Sonic sounds like a pretty solid top 5 as far as I'm concerned. Ness, Rosalina, ZSS, Falcon, and Shulk would probably round out the top 10, at least in my experience (which includes very little Brawler).

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Extreme Monado Smash stacked with Thoron+ and Levin Uair.

The complete and indescribable anguish.

No one should discount Fox in Top 10 lists though. At the very least, he needs to be given more credence than Falcon and Shulk at this point.

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
Uh, anyway, Sheik, Diddy, Pikachu, Yoshi, and Sonic sounds like a pretty solid top 5 as far as I'm concerned. Ness, Rosalina, ZSS, Falcon, and Shulk would probably round out the top 10, at least in my experience (which includes very little Brawler).
Exactly the same for me, maybe besides Shulk, although those are also the characters I've seen the most in tournaments by far. However, when I actually think about it, Top 10 is sort of meaningless... I think we'll see MANY Boss's Luigi-type situations unfold in SmUsh.

Man, he was LOW TIER FOR SURE when the game came out. I remember. Then he got a modicum of representation.

Last edited:

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
If Diddy and Sheik are the most dominant forces in the current meta. Who does not have a negative (or at least a close to even) MU vs Sheik and who does not have a negative (or close to even) MU vs Diddy.

Last edited:

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Extreme Monado Smash stacked with Thoron+ and Levin Uair.

The complete and indescribable anguish.

No one should discount Fox in Top 10 lists though. At the very least, he needs to be given more credence than Falcon and Shulk at this point.
Really wasn't sure who to place in number 10, it was a tossup between Shulk and Fox. They both have to commit to their moves a little more than they'd like, Fox a little less so. I went with Shulk because of Monado Arts and superior range (and probably because he gives the characters I play more trouble than Fox, tbh). If I were to try and fill the next spots, I'd have to go with Fox, Mario, Luigi, Mega Man, Ike, Greninja, and Pac-Man, although not in any particular order. I was I'm denial about Mario for a while but I have struggled fighting him more than I'd like to admit. Luigi's even scarier up close but lacks the mobility that Mario has. Hard to argue with his results, though, even if they are mostly coming from Boss. I will also say that I was tempted to put Mega Man in the 10th spot but I didn't want to seem sensationalist. He plays oddly but is truly intimidating character in my mind. I don't see anywhere for him to go but up.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
If Diddy and Sheik are the most dominant forces in the current meta. Who does not have a negative (or at least a close to even) MU vs Sheik and who does not have a negative (or close to even) MU vs Diddy.
IDK about Sheik but I know for a fact Villager is advantaged against Diddy.
She pockets his bananas and gimps him off the stage.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Pac man can force Sheik to approach while keeping himself safe in Sheik blind spot to make approaching difficult, I also believe his up B can escape any string with IF frames on start up. His recovery is also pretty hard to gank. I honestly believe he counter Sheik, 55/45 in his favor at least.... However out of the 130+ Sheik videos I've seen I've only seen Pac man vs Sheik twice.... and the videos are now gone Q_Q.

Lucario also currently counters sheik, I say currently because once the strategy of winning the first stock and then timing out the 2nd (while dealing 0 damage to him) become common Lucario wont be able to win anymore.

I use to think Jigglypuff might counter Sheik due to how the character can be played but Sheik can out range her and Jigglypuff isn't fast enough. Wario on the other hand is ****ing insane, he's like a faster, more damaging, super Jigglypuff. I wouldn't be surprise in the slightest if Wario has the advantage. His bike punishes for not respecting him is really eye opening.

I have yet to see any tournament play of a Wario vs Sheik though~

Yoshi pretty tough but I don't know if he counters or not, I haven't seen anything to make me think that and from my own experiences I just feel he's more difficult to fight then anything which will get easier with time. Sort of like Sonic who I also don't think counter sheik.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Pac beats sheik due to aforementioned reasons, and can keep diddy at bay with fruit that ignore bananas and a hydrant that stops up air juggles. He also gimps diddy extremely easily.

Mega Man can counter diddy by eliminating bananas with lemons and stopping his approach options, but loses pretty badly to sheik's strings and set ups. I would love to be proven wrong though...
Actually...
@Locke 06
How does mega man do against sheik?

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Can't say for sure that it's non-negative but I do think that King Dedede has a better matchup vs Sheik than you'd expect. It turns out that needles are just about the only projectile that can't reflect gordos and is tough for Sheik to kill, even though getting juggled is a real problem for him.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Pac beats sheik because of aforementioned reasons, and can keep diddy at bay with fruit that ignore bananas and a hydrant that stops up air juggles. He also gimps diddy extremely easily.

Mega Man can counter diddy by eliminating bananas with lemons and stopping his approach options, but loses pretty badly to sheik's strings and set ups. I would love to be proven wrong though...
Actually...
@Locke 06
How does mega man do against sheik?
Let me answer that, if mega man does anything Sheik can bouncing fish him. whif a jab/ftilt, bouncing fished, throw a metal blade, bouncing fished, side B? nope bouncing fished. Then there's the fact if Sheik gets the metal blade if she wants she can just run away and throw needles all day.

edit: I might take back side B, I'm unsure if I tested that or not at this exact moment.

Now put that on top of everything else sheik can do to everyone including mega man.

Last edited:

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Let me answer that, if mega man does anything Sheik can bouncing fish him. whif a jab/ftilt, bouncing fished, throw a metal blade, bouncing fished, side B? nope bouncing fished. Then there's the fact if Sheik gets the metal blade if she wants she can just run away and throw needles all day.

edit: I might take back side B, I'm unsure if I tested that or not at this exact moment.

Now put that on top of everything else sheik can do to everyone including mega man.
This is the most balanced Smash game yet, but that doesn't necessarily mean much when tools like these still exist. :p Some characters have very powerful nearly-always-safe tools, and it still feels like the developers didn't really know what they were doing when implementing them. Especially since many already-super-strong characters have these moves (ZSS, Sheik, Diddy, etc)

A majority of characters still have to try and compete while a handful of characters have imbalanced tools as part of their kit. Meanwhile decent-yet-average characters like Luigi/Greninja/Pit/Mario/Marth/etcetc have to try and make do with not having any of these super powerful moves.

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Lucario also currently counters sheik, I say currently because once the strategy of winning the first stock and then timing out the 2nd (while dealing 0 damage to him) become common Lucario wont be able to win anymore.
That requires Sheik to get the first stock. And have the ability to perfectly avoid Lucario on the second without doing damage. That's hardly a surefire strategy.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
This is the most balanced Smash game yet, but that doesn't necessarily mean much when crap like this still exists. :p
I think Pac man vs Little mac would be a better example. I'm sure in the years to come we will joke about that match up being 90/10 in Pac man favor.

That requires Sheik to get the first stock. And have the ability to perfectly avoid Lucario on the second without doing damage. That's hardly a surefire strategy.
Fair point although I don't know about how perfectly sheik needs to avoid him. 0% Lucario is pretty weak so as long as sheik is still in a fairly low percentage herself in theory it should work. Which isn't unlikely due to how early Lucario kill sheik anyways.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ

Damn...its that bad? Lol
Well I have pac-man as my primary so I'm fine.
(And a growing palutena)

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
Actually no, he didnt get rep, he actually just got buffed up the *** lol
He did get some good buffs, though not Shulk-tier, but the only bread-and-butter move in Luigi's kit that got a buff was f-air hitboxes. His changes definitely helped but I think he would have been decent anyway.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
but the only bread-and-butter move in his kit that got a buff was f-air hitboxes.
LOL no, he got TONS of changes, THESE were all the changes he got:
:4shulk: SHULK
JAB 1

DAMAGE : 3% ⇒ 3.5%​
JAB 2
DAMAGE : 3% ⇒ 3.5%​
JAB 3
DAMAGE : 4.3% ⇒ 5.3%​
DASH ATTACK
DAMAGE : 10% ⇒ 11%​
FTILT
DAMAGE : 12% ⇒ 13%
KNOCKBACK GROWTH : 100 ⇒ 92​
UTILT
DAMAGE : 7% ⇒ 8%​
DTILT
DAMAGE : 8% ⇒ 9%
GENERAL : Hitboxes made more reliable​
FSMASH
DAMAGE : 17.5% ⇒ 18.5%
GENERAL : Hitboxes on first hit cleaned up and made more reliable​
USMASH
DAMAGE : 17% ⇒ 18%​
DSMASH
DAMAGE : All hitboxes increased by 1%​
NAIR
SWEETSPOT DAMAGE : 7% ⇒ 8%
SOURSPOT DAMAGE : 6% ⇒ 7%​
FAIR
SWEETSPOT DAMAGE : 6.5% ⇒ 7.5%
SOURSPOT DAMAGE : 5% ⇒ 6%
LANDING LAG: Reduced slightly​
UAIR
DAMAGE : 13% ⇒ 15%​
DAIR
DAMAGE : 15% ⇒ 17%​
BAIR
DAMAGE : 11% ⇒ 12%
LATE DAMAGE : 7% ⇒ 8%​
MONADO ARTS
MONADO ART SPEED DAMAGE DEALT MULTIPLIER : 0.72× ⇒ 0.8×
MONADO ART BUSTER DAMAGE TAKEN MULTIPLIER : 1.2× ⇒ 1.13×​
AIR SLASH
(HIT 1) DAMAGE : 5% ⇒ 6%​
FTHROW
DAMAGE : 10% ⇒ 11%​
UTHROW
DAMAGE : 6% ⇒ 7%​
DTHROW
DAMAGE : 6% ⇒ 7%​
BTHROW
DAMAGE : 11% ⇒ 12%​

mimgrim

Smash Hero
IDK about Sheik but I know for a fact Villager is advantaged against Diddy.
She pockets his bananas and gimps him off the stage.
Eh. I dunno about having a clear advantage over Diddy. I'd say it is more on the even side or maybe slightly in diddy's favor. She might be able to disable a tool of his but he is still an incredibly mobile character that can play rushdown and easily invade Villagers space, with or without Nanner, and Villager has a bit of a rough time with characters that can quickly and effectively invade his space. Being able to gimp him off stage is all well and good but you have to get him off stage first, which is easier said then done. This is presuming defaults. If Customs were to come into the equation then I could see Villager having a slight advantage over Diddy as Wabbuffet Tree, specifically the sapling, is good at controlling an area of space and forcing more rushdown orienated characters to take riskier approaches. But default has a tough time dealing with mobile characters that can quickly and efficiently invade his space.

Sheik probably has an advantage over Villager and Wobbuffet Tree doesn't help that much in the MU because Needles are annoying.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
LOL no, he got TONS of changes, THESE were all the changes he got:
I believe he is talking about Luigi not getting many buffs.
And if we're talking Shulk. Shulks Hyper Speed and Buster damage was also modified. Its just not noted.
Man got a ton of changes.

Believed to Fight Sheik and Diddy:
Yoshi, Fox.

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Here's the results of the /r/smashbros monthly voted tier list!
Just a quick reminder, this list is obviously not perfectly accurate. This is a way to see what the general masses think of each character and to encourage character discussion on /r/smashbros. I'll be comparing this to last month's result for those interested.

I know the rule about tier lists in this thread, so I just want to point out how this has relevance. Over 460 people responded to this month's poll. This is what the general populace thinks of the cast of smash, this is the impressions on characters from the general public. It's insightful to see what these folks are thinking and how these impressions move around.

Also to change things up a bit this month and present a better list, I will not be splitting the characters into letter categories. Instead, I will just be showing their score from the poll, and how many positions they moved (if any).

Without further ado, here we go!!!
[collapse=The Results!]
1 | :4diddy: | 4.5 | (±0)
2 | :4sheik: | 6.5 | (±0)
3 | :4yoshi: | 7.0 | (+1)
4 | :4zss: | 9.7 | (+2)
5 |:4luigi: | 11.3 | (+35)
6 | :4mario: | 11.4 | (+2)
7 | :4peach: | 15.3 | (+18)
8 | :4fox: | 15.7 | (+5)
9 | :4bowser: | 16.9 | (+7) /:4ness: | 16.9 | (-2)
10 | :rosalina: | 17.1 | (-7)
11 | :4lucario: | 17.5 | (-2)
12 | :4falcon: | 17.6 | (-7)
13 | :4pikachu: | 18.6 | (+7)
14 | :4sonic: | 19.7 | (±0)
15 | :4link: | 19.9 | (+4)
16 | :4wario: | 20.6 | (+17)
17 | :4tlink: | 21.3 | (+18)
18 | :4dk: | 23.5 | (+21)
19 | :4dedede: | 24.0 | (-4)
20 | :4drmario: | 24.9 | (+29)
21 | :4marth: | 25.7 | (+1) / :4jigglypuff: | 25.7 | (±0)
22 | :4rob: | 26.3 | (-11)
23 | :4greninja: | 26.6 | (-13)
24 | :4samus: | 27.8 | (+7)
25 | :4ganondorf: | 28.2 | (-1) / | :4zelda: | 28.2 | (+20)
26 | :4pit: | 28.3 | (+3)
27 | :4metaknight: | 28.4 | (+14)
28 | :4kirby: | 28.6 | (+15)
29| :4shulk: | 29.5 | (-18)
30 | :4villager: | 29.7 | (-4)
31 | :4falco: | 29.8 | (+18)
32 | :4robinm: | 30.2 | (-15)
33 | :4bowserjr: | 32.6 | (-11)
34 | :4darkpit: | 33.1 | (-1)
35 | :4charizard: | 33.2 (+9) / :4myfriends: | 33.2 | (-4)
36 | :4gaw: | 34.0 | (±0) / :4duckhunt: | 34.0 | (-20)
37 | :4megaman: | 34.5 | (-10)
38 | :4lucina: | 34.9 | (-3)
39 | :4littlemac: | 35.0 | (-2)
40 | :4olimar: | 36.6 | (+2)
41 | :4miibrawl: | 37.1 | (-13)
42 | :4pacman: | 38.4 | (-17)
43 | :4palutena: | 39.4 | (+4)
44 | :4wiifit: | 42.1 | (+2)
45 | :4miigun: | 45.3 | (-9)
46 | :4miisword: | 49.6 | (±0)
[/collapse]

Thing of note:

Instead of using upvotes and downvotes this month we had a poll where people could order the characters in an attempt to be more accurate. After doing this certain characters seemed to jump around a LOT. This could be what we've seen before as the months go on with opinions drastically changing or it could be this new method more accurately reflecting the feelings of the general populace. Just found it worth noting.

So now that we know what these folks are thinking about the characters, thoughts?

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Yoshi loses to Sheik and Diddy is questionable.
Care to explain? I'm genuinely curious.
Just a quick reminder, this list is obviously not perfectly accurate. This is a way to see what the general masses think of each character and to encourage character discussion on /r/smashbros. I'll be comparing this to last month's result for those interested.

I know the rule about tier lists in this thread, so I just want to point out how this has relevance. Over 460 people responded to this month's poll. This is what the general populace thinks of the cast of smash, this is the impressions on characters from the general public. It's insightful to see what these folks are thinking and how these impressions move around.

Also to change things up a bit this month and present a better list, I will not be splitting the characters into letter categories. Instead, I will just be showing their score from the poll, and how many positions they moved (if any).

[collapse=The Results!]
[/collapse]

Thing of note:
Instead of using upvotes and downvotes this month we had a poll where people could order the characters in an attempt to be more accurate. After doing this certain characters seemed to jump around a LOT. This could be what we've seen before as the months go on with opinions drastically changing or it could be this new method more accurately reflecting the feelings of the general populace. Just found it worth noting.
So now that we know what these folks are thinking about the characters, thoughts?

This is cancer.
Honestly, how can pacman, mega man, palutena, mii brawler, and others be that low. Luigi and Mario got overhyped. Link somehow made it to top 20?!! And dr. Mario?!
I just can't.

Last edited:

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie

Ok so

It looks like most people just voted Diddy and Shiek 1 and 2 and left most everyone else alone. The default list and the results look similar in a lot of spots, lol

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
As a Doc/Greninja main, Doc should not be that high.

Ok so

It looks like most people just voted Diddy and Shiek 1 and 2 and left most everyone else alone. The default list and the results look similar in a lot of spots, lol
This as well. Seems mostly alphabetical in a handful of places while Diddy and Sheik are at top.

Last edited:

Pyr

Smash Lord

[collapse=The Results!]
[/collapse]

Thing of note:

Dat Luigi +35 and Doc +29 Jump.

I mean, there are obviously a lot of errors, but, if I use it more of a perception of strength then I would a normal Tier list... perception changes ftw.

Appledees

Smash Apprentice
I feel like most of those votes outside of Diddy and Shiek were decided cause people got their asses kicked on FG or some stupid garbage like that

like seriously why the hell is Bowser and Link so high yet Megaman is so low

surprised Peach is even very high up to be honest

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43

[collapse=The Results!]
[/collapse]

Thing of note:

Ganondorf is too high, at least if we're talking a customless meta. I'd say he's around the 35-36 mark in terms of ranking, right next to Charizard, who seems about right in terms of placement, and you can put Ike right in the middle where he used to be. Bowser is also nowhere near 9th place, the Mario Bros probably aren't better than the 10-15 range, and I'm not sold on Peach being top 10 either. Mega Man and Pac-Man aren't low tier. Zelda probably is.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789

[collapse=The Results!]
[/collapse]

Thing of note:

hmm while its interesting to say the least that samus ganon and dk are well recevied but pit being under top 20? yikes. i actually can see peach in top 10 in a year or two. she requires some serious hard work.
Regardless this is interesting but yeilds very little for conversation mostly because we cant ask a general consensus why they chose who they did.
Also bowser top ten? i can see it being possible if some great player reped him (exist is pretty awsome) top notch jab game, great grab range. and capable so a slightly slower shield grab when the opponents behind you with side b.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Wow... u people are no fun would not even entertain the idea lol. straight to This ist is terribad and so and so character are too low/high.

people are basically taking a popularity vote to seriously xd.

Chuva

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi loses to Sheik and Diddy is questionable.
I've been watching recent matches of japanese Yoshi's (Aiba and Ninomiya) vs Sheiks it seems like it's just a MU where Yoshi needs a different approach, like not overusing Egg-throws and be more based on reaction. Yoshi loses in the neutral and does not have an easy time getting back to the stage, but trading hits seems a lot favorable for him due to his better damage and his good vertical kill options are handy given how strong of a recover Vanish is. That's just an impression of mine though so I'd appreciate a proper explanation of someone who actually plays the character.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458

[collapse=The Results!]
[/collapse]

Thing of note:

I don't care about anything on this list other then Bowser being 9.
Can the bowser hype please die and stay buried.

This list is completely composed of
word of mouth x exposure.
Which is fine-ish for the period we are in but it's incredibly lazy, well biased and frankly comes off simply as "I don't know about this character" Note how close the Mii's all are in proximity. Thats exposure. Brawler is seperated from the other two however, Thats word of mouth.

If anything the list tells me what is well known, a lot of characters aren't getting exposure so no ones really talking about them. Yoshi has low exposure but like Bowser recieved a lot of early praise that is lingering because if he didn't have that early praise reddit more likely than not would put him low too simply because they wouldn't of heard anything. I dont want to be taken the wrong way but this thread operates in similar conventions except that you have more varied inputs, theory craft, experience and observations. We can go about list is terrible, but any list posted here is likely also inaccurate. It's easier to look at what stands out then what doesn't so how can anyone expect to agree on anything but who is at the top, and even that carries certain connotations with it that can skew early opinion.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
How so? Yoshi that is.
Care to explain? I'm genuinely curious.
Just for history, even in brawl, we've always had problems with Sheik.
Sheik's everything is faster, fair still knocks us out of our DJ pretty handedly (no pun intended... cuz she uses her hands for fair audino) Needles is a ***** for us and again destroys our DJ. Bouncing fish makes her a bit more slippery to deal with this time around and Uair (if the sheik can do it) tacks on easy % against us when below 50%. I think her Uair even beats our DownB on most occasions

Along with her great ground speed, our main thing SH egg toss can't be abused much even with the new mobility to the move cause she can just run under them and punish us incredibly hard. I can only imagine how the Sonic vs Yoshi MU is now since we lost our fantastic pivot grab.

She still has problems killing us at times of course but she can get % on us so easily we'd be in kill range for fair or bouncing fish in no time. She probably can gimp us easier too since we only have two egg toss jumps this time around, only gain out of our recovery being we don't dip down anymore so maybe dj airdodge really viable for us this time around? I wouldn't say 70:30 maybe 65/60:35/40 MU but it still honestly feels like a solid win for Sheik if it was to be a match of where both characters were being played at the Top level.

Diddy Kong will do Diddy kong things, but I don't see it as a 60:40 for now based on matches I've seen. Usually been better players playing Diddy with an ok Yoshi player. Haven't seen too many matches where both evenly matched competitors but oh well.

Edit:
I've been watching recent matches of japanese Yoshi's (Aiba and Ninomiya) vs Sheiks it seems like it's just a MU where Yoshi needs a different approach, like not overusing Egg-throws and be more based on reaction. Yoshi loses in the neutral and does not have an easy time getting back to the stage, but trading hits seems a lot favorable for him due to his better damage and his good vertical kill options are handy given how strong of a recover Vanish is. That's just an impression of mine though so I'd appreciate a proper explanation of someone who actually plays the character.
Funny just mentioned Egg toss being bad in that MU.
Anyways I too finished watching those shi-gaming matches.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom