• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Character Competitive Impressions - Tourneys, Tiers, Theories, Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
It boils down to lack of rep, like Thinkaman mentioned a little back ago it's kinda like Peach. Greninja doesn't show up much but he does get some notable results like istudying getting second in that one tournament and Some getting 5th in Umebura.

People overreacted to his nerfs just like how they did with Diddy and Luigi. He was always a solid character, hell, I agree with bc1910 bc1910 that he's probably better now than he was on release thanks to having a better recovery, better D-Throw, more safety on his aerials and shurikens being mostly restored.

Sheik does get in Greninja's way a lot but for the most part he just doesn't have much representation, in part also due to him being a pretty weird and tricky to use character who doesn't really have anything abusive compared to other characters so he's not a very easy character to pick up and do well with.
I don't think people were over exaggerating over the netfs to Greninja. The changes overtime has helped him become better. I don't think he's high tier but the changes to shieldstun and shuriken has drastically improved him as a character.

Ikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smooth_Moonman
what does luigi even have anymore that mario doesnt do better overall at this point?

any of his nerfs after the initial fireball nerf were completely unwarranted and baffling to me.

Yikarur

Smash Master
I did it with Yoshi multiple times by accident. Time to get this down because Yoshis Ledge Options are terrible :/

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
Luigi has a better dash grab than Mario (does his grab hitbox cover a wider radius?), better damage output, and has an easier time killing. If you "get going" with Luigi early-game he can take your opponent to higher percents than Mario can at that stage. I suppose he has better recovery mixups too. He's overall not as good as Mario but that's for the benefit of everyone else.

Ikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smooth_Moonman
Luigi has a better dash grab than Mario (does his grab hitbox cover a wider radius?), better damage output, and has an easier time killing. If you "get going" with Luigi early-game he can take your opponent to higher percents than Mario can at that stage. I suppose he has better recovery mixups too. He's overall not as good as Mario but that's for the benefit of everyone else.
except his most important tool for yielding setups was nerfed to hell and his mobility makes it harder for him to get any mileage out of his dash grab or any grabs for that matter

ithe fact that his grab was made much less useful and nothing was given to him to compensate is really nasty. I guess he still has those solely RNG-based trip setups onto shoryu? I just don't see the point in him competitively any more. The balance patch was complete whack.

Last edited:

verbatim

Smash Ace
My Smash Corner released a guide on what he calls Lagless Ledge Getup - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oBLDQlPkQk

It looks like it works mostly with taller/bigger characters. The high tiers it works with (so far) are Pit, Peach, Greninja, DK, and Falcon.
(The others are :4mewtwo::4zelda::4littlemac::4palutena::4miigun::4marth::4lucina:)

Do you think this will make a big difference for these characters overall? Or just a small boon?

also, I know this has been known for a while, but weve never had a good guide for it afaik

edit: :4duckhunt::4lucario: work as well
Ganondorf has been known to be able to do this since February.

That being said I had no idea other characters could do this. Not sure how universal it is, but Greninja is only slightly faster than Sheik and relatively the same height, I'd imagine she can do it as well.

InfinityDM

Smash Rookie
except his most important tool for yielding setups was nerfed to hell and his mobility makes it harder for him to get any mileage out of his dash grab or any grabs for that matter

ithe fact that his grab was made much less useful and nothing was given to him to compensate is really nasty. I guess he still has those solely RNG-based trip setups onto shoryu? I just don't see the point in him competitively any more. The balance patch was complete whack.
Although he was HEAVILY nerfed, he can still easily rack up damage in the early game and put himself far ahead in most situations. He obviously struggles to kill so to answer your original question, no. I don't think Luigi really has a place in the competitive metagame anymore aside from character loyalists.

Also, just to add, when I say "competitive metagame" I mean at the top level.

:154:

Ghostbone

Smash Master

Luigi's dash grab is better for burst mobility at close range than Mario's.

It's not like NOTHING was given to him, he's got a stronger up-b, down-smash, and a better spike hitbox as well. That doesn't make up for it, but that's the point of nerfs, to make a character worse lol. Complaining here won't get you anywhere either, we just play the game and analyse it, we have no say over which characters get changed (maybe if we were the japanese community we'd have more to do with balance changes)

The point of Luigi is to play him if you like the character lol. He's still probably slightly advantaged vs Mario and Fox.
If you're just looking for the optimal character Sheik is pretty close on the CSS.

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
Patently untrue. He's literally the best damage racker out of a grab in the game still. It's just harder for him now (is that so bad?). His floatiness actually HELPS his follow-up game, too.

He got some meaningful buffs too. Even though d-throw was nerfed overall it has arguably crazier mixups available out of it at lower percents. D-air spikes easier now. You see a lot more up-b punishes.

When you have a character whose sole purpose in life was to fireball + shield + grab into any aerial(s) for the entire game, and when anyone smart fighting Luigi camped him hard for fear of taking an easy 40%+ from a mistake, there was no reason not to nerf him and I'm still glad Nintendo did. It forces Luigis to be creative.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Anyone else think Toon Link is slept on? I've been playing around with him a lot lately (dropping Link for him and wanting to play swordsmen to calm my excitement for Cloud) anyways he seems pretty good, but I never hear anyone bring the little guy up.
Probably because he's a middle-of-the-pack character that doesn't have too much results-wise.

Problem for Tink is that his damage on hit is really low, so even characters that he's supposed to beat like fatties have decent MUs with him because their reward is so much higher than his. His frame data isn't very good for a low damage lightweight and his low range nullifies a lot of the benefit of having a disjoint.

I just feel like you have to do so much more work with him than most other characters.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I feel like they went about the nerfs kinda wrong. I feel like if they made Cyclone easier to SDI/Escape and made the setup more dependent on reading DI rather than just axing it outright it would've been a lot better. Maybe give him some more meaningful stuff outside of D-Throw that's relevant? But they ultimately relegate him to fishing for kills except his mobility and mixups are very lackluster in this regard and his USmash actually gets weaker on the later frames, among other things.

I don't disagree with the notion, I disagree with the execution.

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
Luigi's always had mixups that we were all reminded of following the nerf. Jab-jab f-smash/up-b, early percent u-throws combos, cyclone in neutral.

If his d-throw was kept the same you still have the issue of it comboing into everything, anytime

Nintendo's intention is not to have him kill off the top with Cyclone at all, barring hard reads. Gimping with it is riskier and thus more interesting, imo. And am I wrong or did the hitlag increase on it last patch make SDI'ing easier anyway?

I know "fishing for kills" is derogatory, but it makes him a healthier character. And he still has one of the best sets of smashes in the game...

Last edited:

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
Luigi's always had mixups that we were all reminded of following the nerf. Jab-jab f-smash/up-b, early percent u-throws combos, cyclone in neutral.

If his d-throw was kept the same you still have the issue of it comboing into everything, anytime

Nintendo's intention is not to have him kill off the top with Cyclone at all, barring hard reads. Gimping with it is riskier and thus more interesting, imo. And am I wrong or did the hitlag increase on it last patch make SDI'ing easier anyway?

I know "fishing for kills" is derogatory, but it makes him a healthier character. And he still has one of the best sets of smashes in the game...
Cyclone in neutral is a really bad idea considering its insane endlag. Doc's in neutral isn't even that amazing and Luigi's, while he can drift further, has way more endlag (20f more than Doc) and is pretty susceptible to punish from people who run fast.

I just think they could've tried something a bit more creative to change him and keep him roughly as good as he was before except less braindead. The result is the latter but he's a shell of the former unfortunately. He's not really a bad character but his relevance has dropped quite a bit as a result, and I think it could've been amended.

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
Cyclone in neutral is a really bad idea considering its insane endlag. Doc's in neutral isn't even that amazing and Luigi's, while he can drift further, has way more endlag (20f more than Doc) and is pretty susceptible to punish from people who run fast.

I just think they could've tried something a bit more creative to change him and keep him roughly as good as he was before except less braindead. The result is the latter but he's a shell of the former unfortunately. He's not really a bad character but his relevance has dropped quite a bit as a result, and I think it could've been amended.
I know Cyclone in neutral is weird but it's got enough base knockback that means if it works, it works and you get stage control too. Hence mix-up. It's not reliable lol, but I have seen it.

Tbh, I think his relevancy where he mattered (stomping mid-high level) will remain intact, you just won't see top player pocket shenanigans anymore. His nerf had the positive effect of letting characters he formerly gatekept breathe, so net benefit overall.

With Luigi's current design, if you kept him "as good as he was" beforehand... he'd still have easy grab combos.

I expect further buffs anyway.

TTTTTsd

NNID
InverseTangent
I know Cyclone in neutral is weird but it's got enough base knockback that means if it works, it works and you get stage control too. Hence mix-up. It's not reliable lol, but I have seen it.

Tbh, I think his relevancy where he mattered (stomping mid-high level) will remain intact, you just won't see top player pocket shenanigans anymore. His nerf had the positive effect of letting characters he formerly gatekept breathe, so net benefit overall.

With Luigi's current design, if you kept him "as good as he was" beforehand... he'd still have easy grab combos.

I expect further buffs anyway.
I'd hope so. I'd like buffs that address the meaningful weaknesses he has in some MUs (to some extent) while still being fair to characters he didn't actually struggle with before.

The nerfs really only seemed to deal with the latter and the former went unaddressed. Kind of uneven, personally.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
At lower levels, its tough to see why someone would pick Luigi over Mario as lower level players just run around mashing upsmash anyway. Luigi can still do things with hard reads that Mario can't though, like Cyclone and Up B.

On the other hand, even at higher levels, its obvious Mario does better. Mobility and utility with options like cape and flood are much more useful in most situations than being able to kill at 50-60 with Up B.

Dr. Mario looks better than Luigi now tbh. Much better Up B for OoS and they both can do Dthrow-Up B. Doc still has a reflector, but still hits like a truck.

I'd like to see Luigi's Dash Attack become unclankable in a future patch. Would help him deal better with being zoned out. If he isn't going to kill you when he gets in, it shouldn't be so hard for him to ever get close.

thehard

Smash Lord
NNID
Barbecutie
That's a thoughtful buff idea and not too out-there either.

And I think I agree with Doc over Luigi lol. Patches and meta development be crazy

I wonder if Luigis are shield-shuffling as much as they should be. Or any player for that matter

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
I think a lagless ledge getup might be huge for Mewtwo. He already has something weird going on with his invincibility frames (or lack thereof) during ledge getup, so losing the invincibility might not matter as much if you're able to act faster out of it.

G. Stache

Smash Journeyman
Right, well, let me clear some things up. First, the notion that Doc is better than Luigi really needs to go. I don't know if we're STILL overhyping Doc from that one Nairo set or if people are downplaying Luigi. Probably a bit of both. Well, Doc has a MUCH worse grab game, less ground mobility (technically has better air mobility...but it still sucks), worse recovery, and I'd say just because of Cyclone spiking with Luigi is a thing, Doc has worse edgeguarding too. I wrote something a while back what Luigi has over Mario, so let me just quickly recap: aerials, combos, killing moves, better damage per hit and gimping. Mario's better, yeah. But Luigi still has things that continue to outshine Mario. I honestly wouldn't say that nerfs were unwarranted, but a redistribution would've been a lot better in my opinion. But I'm still a believer of Luigi being top 15 (granted I've been saying this one phrase so many times I'm basically a hardcore activist) even with the nerfs. He lost his kill confirm, which sucks. But he still has vastly underrated set ups (jab into up b comes most to mind, and soft Nairs lead to just about anything at lower percentages). And it's not like he's without top tier strengths. Unlike Doc, who has good strengths, but has more issues than Luigi (which is saying something). I'm gonna stop talking about Luigi now, as I do that a little too much, I feel. But keep in mind that Luigi isn't a clone of Mario. Luigi is a very dynamic character. Very strong strengths with very strong weaknesses. Mario is an all around good character. No bad disadvantage, but no polarizing strengths. Which I like because it represents both personalities perfectly. Getting to the point, though, Luigi is no longer a clone of Mario. He's been decloned over the years. Comparing him with Mario is fine, as they're still similar to each other. But trying to say that Luigi has nothing over Mario is just rubbish. Hope this helped the Luigi debate. :p

Last edited:

Teshie U

Smash Lord
Only times I've seen Luigi/Doc pulled out at high level play is to take out ESAM or Anti vs Abadango. Its tough to rank viability when they both seem so unviable right now.

Doc has less ground mobility than Luigi sure, but his traction means he doesn't have to powershield every single thing to get close.

What can Luigi really do with 1 grab now that Doc can't do? 30-50 damage is just a couple of hits from Doc.

TriTails

Smash Lord
I feel like they went about the nerfs kinda wrong. I feel like if they made Cyclone easier to SDI/Escape and made the setup more dependent on reading DI rather than just axing it outright it would've been a lot better. Maybe give him some more meaningful stuff outside of D-Throw that's relevant? But they ultimately relegate him to fishing for kills except his mobility and mixups are very lackluster in this regard and his USmash actually gets weaker on the later frames, among other things.

I don't disagree with the notion, I disagree with the execution.
I suppose Nintendo has their reasons for nerfing Cyclone's knockback and hitlag (Try to trap both Rosalina and Luma in it and get lol'd).

D-throw has been significantly increased in growth, this means Luigi will send them much father high up than before. Meanwhile, HooHahNado is still real around 90% to 110%.

Imagine a Cyclone with 1.0x hitlag modifier and 130 growth. Luigi would be killin' people at 90%.

D-throw was altered in both base and growth to force us to not 'lol D-throw F-air'. I myself was baffled at the execution of the nerfs, but thanks to that I discovered SH F-air + D-air (ACs TOO!) to regrab on normal fallers (Mario, etc). My hopes on his other throws being useful were granted too. U-throw double F-airs on fast-fallers is hillarious. B-throw was overlooked because B-air but no more.

Aside from that, the D-smash buffs were eh. I didn't notice the growth increase very well... or at all. D-air spike hitbox buffs also went fairly unnoticeable with me (I'm that kind of Luigi who D-airs everytime he's off-stage so maybe I'm just used to it). Let's not talk about the Fiery Jump Punch because that custom is still trash.

His mobility doesn't really allow him to fish for U-smash like Mario or Fox can, though.

I know I just quoted you above but Cyclone has this 'ultra amazing hitboxes' syndrome where unless you approach them from above, ramming into people with Cyclone will send them upwards. They will then have a lot of time to punish the 90 frames of FAF (End lag IIRC was around 40-50~?). If this problem was addressed then Cyclone would be much more powerful in neutral, easily. This is the only reason why Cyclone is cringeworthy in neutral.

I'd hope so. I'd like buffs that address the meaningful weaknesses he has in some MUs (to some extent) while still being fair to characters he didn't actually struggle with before.

The nerfs really only seemed to deal with the latter and the former went unaddressed. Kind of uneven, personally.
Agreed entirely. What Luigi need was a redistribution. He got the bitter half of it and almost nothing for the other sweet half. Make his top tier MUs not super dumb like now (Sheik and Rosa, namely. Help), as he no longer hard counters any characters.

I'd like to see Luigi's Dash Attack become unclankable in a future patch. Would help him deal better with being zoned out. If he isn't going to kill you when he gets in, it shouldn't be so hard for him to ever get close.
I actually never thought of this before, and I DO think this buff has potential. Would be interesting to see.

And in order to give my answer to the 'Is Luigi still good?', questions all around... No. My answer is no. He loses hard to Sheik and Rosalina, his promising MUs with Pika and Ness don't seem to exist anymore (Although, he still beats Fox and Mario). Greninja, Pac, and Mega just got even worse. I don't think he is anywhere near Top 15 at this point. I just see little future for this Luigi unless everyone in his bad MUs got the same treatment as him. But take this with a grain of salt.

Only times I've seen Luigi/Doc pulled out at high level play is to take out ESAM or Anti vs Abadango. Its tough to rank viability when they both seem so unviable right now.

Doc has less ground mobility than Luigi sure, but his traction means he doesn't have to powershield every single thing to get close.

What can Luigi really do with 1 grab now that Doc can't do? 30-50 damage is just a couple of hits from Doc.
Luigi can actually rack up to like 68% if you have seen My Smash Corner's video. Also, 30-50 is also just a couple hits from Luigi (Or rather, a couple chains that Luigi tend to open opportunities to) when you count in 14% B-air or 11% U-air. Take note of his jab doing 10%, U-tilt strings, 12% N-air also.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
what does luigi even have anymore that mario doesnt do better overall at this point?
Better jab, better dthrow, better dash grab, better bair, better fair, better nair ... Luigi still has good moves and he's still a pretty good character. He still doesn't struggle as much at getting stocks finished as Mario does and Luigi still has winning matchups against characters that are relevant in the current high & top-level metagame [vs Pikachu, vs Fox, vs Mario, ...]. Mario doesn't have the advantage against anybody until you reach "down" to the ~12th-15th area where he starts to have advantages against characters like Wario.
The difference between Mario and Luigi is really not that big. Mario is 8th at best and Luigi is still top 15 in this game. People just overrate Mario and underrate Luigi [now] which makes the gap seem bigger than it is.

Considering how much people seem to not care about this character any more it's almost unbelievable how hard people used to overrate Luigi. He hasn't been nerfed that terribly, many of his matchups are still the same and if they have turned worse then it's only by a minor amount. There's no justification for him dropping from the top 5 area into meaninglessness. The nerfs were nowhere near as bad as a lot of people assume.

:059:

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
Luigi's not trash, by any means. His kill power took a big hit, but people seem to be so pleased about not having to worry about dying from Dthrow at 90%+, they're ignoring the stuff he can still do. His low percent damage output is no different, particularly against fast fallers. The vast majority of "Luigi stuff" is as effective as ever.

That said, I don't think he's top 15. As always, top X is just an arbitrary number that barely matters, but since we're talking about it I'll go ahead and say I don't think he's there. He really struggles to kill a shielding opponent now, since he no longer has forward-facing grab confirms to take advantage of his amazing dashgrab. His smash attacks, whilst safe, aren't quite as easy to hit with as Mario's due to the mobility differences. I can comfortably name more 15 characters (18, to be exact) who I confidently think are better than Luigi.

Also, for anyone in this thread posting from Paris, my thoughts are with you and other Parisians today.

Last edited:

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
There doesn't seem to be a general consensus on Mario which is odd considering he gets so much play at all levels. I've heard some suggest that he is like top 4 and that he beats both Sheik and ZSS (which I don't see). Then others say he is almost struggling to be a top 10 character and that he actually loses those matchups. If someone asked me I'd say he's about 6th or 7th or something but I'm not sure at all because people have fairly varying opinions on how good a character he actually is.

He has amazing frame data and CQC, a good combo game, safe recovery, good edgeguarding/gimping. He does have flaws though such as trouble finishing stocks and his recovery being somewhat short-ranged (edit: also, he has short range in general). His lack of a reliable kill setup isn't too crippling since he has quick kill moves and a solid kill throw, but it can be exploited by good players.

The best characters in this game all have some crazy bull**** about them which makes them a cut above the rest. Sheik has her expansive combo and edgeguard games and the best neutral in the game, and ZSS has the best advantage state in the game and can end people at frightening %s in multiple ways (they also both have incredible recovery and disadvantage states). Rosalina has... Luma. Sonic is incredibly fast and forces you to play by his rules in the vast majority of matchups... Whereas Mario doesn't really have anything like that.

Last edited:

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
I know at least one knowledgable person who thinks this. Could well be an outlier but I have no way of knowing. Hoping to get more opinions on it.

Skeeter Mania

Smash Ace
NNID
Ampharos2935
I noticed a number of you have been debating Luigi's placement.

If I could just shed some light on the subject (not top level, but high enough to still be taken seriously), Boss won S@X 123 using just Luigi beating Snow in GF. I wonder if that would account for anything.

On another note, his unconditional loyalty to the character is staggering.

Set can be watched here: http://youtu.be/m0GU5JyEjCE

Last edited:

Peppermint1201

Smash Journeyman
NNID
orangeguy1201
3DS FC
0361-7301-1534
So when Yoshi and doesn't do well at tourneys with occasional exceptions he's secretly mid-tier, but when Greninja and Peach don't do well at tourneys with occasional exceptions we can write it off as lack of rep? Because that's what I've gotten from this thread (and the previous one) lately...

EDIT: Removed Ness because, after researching, his results are way better than I thought they were.

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Sorry to be late to the party, but there's some great things Canada is doing this weekend with some characters discussed recently so I thought I'd share.

Artryuu, Canada's best Shulk who's considered a serious tournament threat
Tao Chan - her twin sister. Equally as scary in tournaments but with Mega Man
Ally - Best Mario like, evarz
HolyNightmare - R.O.B. also scary as heck. Older brother to Ally
Venom - Ryu main who's gone toe to toe with Ally and Holy in the past, last game last hit toe to toe

Plus a solid names with Diddy Kong, ZSS, Sonic, and a couple other impressive Marios so you can see how these lesser seen characters deal with usual top threats. Capital City Smash is going to be a seriously perfect tournament to explore some things about the metagame. Go learn about it and watch.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
So when Yoshi and Ness don't do well at tourneys with occasional exceptions they're secretly mid-tier, but when Greninja and Peach don't do well at tourneys with occasional exceptions we can write it off as lack of rep? Because that's what I've gotten from this thread (and the previous one) lately...
Greninja is literally absent from most tournaments, it's less that he doesn't do well, it's more like he just flat-out doesn't show up, at least not being used by a good player, Peach is probably the same.

This is different from Ness who does have great players repping him but doesn't do as well as you would expect of a
supposed top tier.

It's kinda hard to judge a character when he has very little top level play. Doesn't help that Some won't be able to go to Genesis.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
greninja is going to be low tier on smash 4 tier list despite being an amazingly solid char with great neutral only because almost none of the top smash 4 players have experience fighting him

verbatim

Smash Ace
js, Umeki's coming to genesis 3 and Some might be. For what it's worth I'd imagine most of the socal back room people would place Peach pretty accurately, slayerZ is probably the best Peach in the western hemisphere.

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
So when Yoshi and Ness don't do well at tourneys with occasional exceptions they're secretly mid-tier, but when Greninja and Peach don't do well at tourneys with occasional exceptions we can write it off as lack of rep? Because that's what I've gotten from this thread (and the previous one) lately...
Sorry, I fail to see your point. I thought most people consider all these characters to be around the same level of viability?

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
js, Umeki's coming to genesis 3 and Some might be. For what it's worth I'd imagine most of the socal back room people would place Peach pretty accurately, slayerZ is probably the best Peach in the western hemisphere.
Abadango said Some won't be going if I remember right.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Socal has the best Tink in the US, best Peach in the US, best MK(s) in the US, best Luigi in the US and best Fox in the world.

Socal players are legit, im confident their opinions are accurate.

Greninja is disgustingly underrated in the US and sadly it won't change. Its painful to see.

Peppermint1201

Smash Journeyman
NNID
orangeguy1201
3DS FC
0361-7301-1534
Sorry, I fail to see your point. I thought most people consider all these characters to be around the same level of viability?
My point is that when I look at the opinions from this thread, they believe Greninja is higher than popular opinion (B-tier as opposed to mid tier), citing a lack of representation. Despite this, they believe Yoshi is lower than popular opinion (B-tier as opposed to top 10) citing a lack of results. If we can excuse Greninja's lacking results, why can't we do the same for Yoshi?

EDIT: Removed Ness because his results actually are pretty good after looking them up, bringing me to this:

Greninja is literally absent from most tournaments, it's less that he doesn't do well, it's more like he just flat-out doesn't show up, at least not being used by a good player, Peach is probably the same.

This is different from Ness who does have great players repping him but doesn't do as well as you would expect of a
supposed top tier.

It's kinda hard to judge a character when he has very little top level play. Doesn't help that Some won't be able to go to Genesis.
supposed top tier..
Now, I know I mentioned Ness earlier, but after doing some research I think he does have good enough results to justify being considered at top 10. FOW got 7th at EVO, and Shaky has 7th at CEO, 5th at Paragon, and some other less-significant results such as 17th at Apex and 25th at EVO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom