• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Board Specific Matchup Chart Project (Last Update: 12/21)- Not a tier list!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Why so complicated? Simple stuff is usually more effective. Who cares about those little details? If they want to know it that exactly they can look it up at the character specific boards

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
The Marth board is basically done with their matchups, we'll probably be doing revisions by this weekend actually.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
How should I put the matchups with .05s in them? Ex. 65-35, 45-55, 75-25. I mean, 4.5, 6.5, and 7.5 won't fit...

Mmac

Smash Lord
How about just putting in the normal 2 digit number in the Squares?

Ie.

_\ |65
35| \

I'm pretty sure people can decrypt what they mean.

Adapt

Smash Lord
any way to get the cool engraved look for the numbers on gimp?
It should work the same way on the gimp as it does it photoshop. I do believe you do have the same layer blending options.

I explained how to do it in an earlier post.

Speaking of which... DanGR, Did you read my previous post? If Zamz is sending you psds then you can just email me one and I'll set up some layers for you.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Yeah, Ussi, I'm getting these matchups from both the Ike matchup threads and the other boards' threads. If there is disagreement for a matchup, I don't include it into the chart. You've got nothing to worry about as long as you think your matchup threads are correct.

Would you mind getting Cambriel (was it him?) to include matchup numbers or odds into his matchup thread? I like it better than the one that's up right now.

Edit: This is the thread I'm refering to: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=192160
It's YagamiLight's thread. There's no difficulty rating in it, so I can't use it.
We, the Ike board, decided that rating it is pointless since everyone would come in and say its wrong. So we just say how to win, not the chance of winning.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
well ussi i thought we came to a good, agreed upon conclusion regarding squirtle and charizard. ivysaur is the only pokemon that is not agreed upon.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I wouldn't really say we, i left the discussion in the beginning/middle after IRL complained about lag. I don't think even Light was there. I still don't agree with half the things there. And probably PT is the same way. But Take this to heart, You're the only **** character who everyone thinks their character 7/3's

I think PT can never have a real match up #. It's really player's main Dependant. You need 7 separate numbers. one each for alone best, one each for using two of the three equally best, and one for that ONE RARE PERSON who can use all 3 equally.

XienZo

Smash Lord
I wouldn't really say we, i left the discussion in the beginning/middle after IRL complained about lag. I don't think even Light was there. I still don't agree with half the things there. And probably PT is the same way. But Take this to heart, You're the only **** character who everyone thinks their character 7/3's

I think PT can never have a real match up #. It's really player's main Dependant. You need 7 separate numbers. one each for alone best, one each for using two of the three equally best, and one for that ONE RARE PERSON who can use all 3 equally.
Then we take the # of that one rare person.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
How should I put the matchups with .05s in them? Ex. 65-35, 45-55, 75-25. I mean, 4.5, 6.5, and 7.5 won't fit...
Leave them as their simplified versions (ex. 65-35 = 60-40). An advantage is an advantage is an advantage, and if you add up all the 5-point disagreements in your chart, it will get blank FAST.

If you add all the 05 matchups, the legend will get more cramped

The few matchups that are 100% agreed on may be harder to decipher if the colour choices are too close

Leave 55-45's as neutral as well...it's basically an advantage. If you put 55-45 as advantage, then you'd probably have to put 65-35 as large advantage...and 65-35 is not large advantage

Just my 2 cents

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I completely agree with MK26. As I said: It's better and more effective if you leave it like that

TP

Smash Master
I'd like to complain about Ganon being only neutral with Falcon. Ganon's April match up thread says even, but the new one says 65:35. Falcon's thread says neutral, but they say a viable strategy is to bait ganoncides. Yeah, we've been putting a lot of work into Ganon's metagame, and we came to the conclusion that doing a move that ends in death if we fail is a great idea. We are so confident in our ganoncides, we'll do them away from the stage. Falcon's thread is also several months old. I would hope that it either gets changed or the Falcon boards reconsider the match up.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler

this post is too good. too. ****. good.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Just curious why g&w goes neutral with mk
I'm going to change it to undecided.

this post
I agree, the falcon matchup thread is too old and outdated. I'll look for a different one.

this post is too good. too. ****. good.
It's sad.

@Ussi, I understand what you're saying. A similar problem happened to the DK boards. I allowed the top DK players to make their own matchup thread on AiB that I'd use simply because it's what they think represents the DK metagame. Look at the link in the OP. You guys can do the same if you want. If not, all of Ike's matchups will stay blank.

Edit:
I completely agree with MK26. As I said: It's better and more effective if you leave it like that
I agree as well.

45-55 through 55-45 will be given the number 5.
60-40 through 65-45 will be given 6.
70-30 through 75-25 will be given 7.
So on and so forth.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
you fools! what about 80:20!

90:10!

100:0!

THOSE ARE MY FAVORITE MATCHUPS!

SHEIK VS GANONDORF

110:-10!!!!!!!

Mmac

Smash Lord
Some News on Yoshi and Falco

-MetaKnight on the other (Good) Matchup has agreed on Even with Yoshi also, so taking it off is unnecessary
-We have agreed on Yoshi=ZSS, and Yoshi>Samus.
-Dedede and DK we no longer think has an advantage over us.

And Falco revived their old Matchup Thread - http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=167202

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
And with each time you say "Sheik vs Ganon = 100:0 lololololololol" the less credible it sounds ;(

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
And with each time you say "Sheik vs Ganon = 100:0 lololololololol" the less credible it sounds ;(
lol, seriously though. ganon really doesn't have a chance.

maybe i should say 70:30 just to give people a compromise... less extravagance

but hell

i can never imagine a real sheik losing to ganondorf. ever. there's absolutely no way the slowest close range character can beat the fastest.

Negative? Yoshi? I don't get the language you are speaking :dizzy:
lol, just saying. i never hear you acknowledging yoshi's weaknesses (even if you do, i don't hear it) so it's hard to believe you sometimes. in fact, if it wasn't for your widespread enthusiasm, Yoshi wouldn't be even with MK on the matchup chart. (however i do agree that yoshi is even with him :))

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
no choknater, I wasn't referring to the fact, that Sheik has such a large advantage...which may be the case (I agree that it's huge). It's just the fact that you mention it so often. I think ppl know it by now

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
69:31 vs Falcon? KK, go tell that to the pl in teh character specific boards

Mmac

Smash Lord
lol, just saying. i never hear you acknowledging yoshi's weaknesses (even if you do, i don't hear it) so it's hard to believe you sometimes. in fact, if it wasn't for your widespread enthusiasm, Yoshi wouldn't be even with MK on the matchup chart. (however i do agree that yoshi is even with him :))
I do clearly say in some threads though, that Yoshi has trouble killing with most characters, and his Shield Game is bad. However those are really the only 2 things I admit to. Everything else is minor at worst and can get around easily.

Yoshi's not perfect, but he is still not really getting the credit he deserves

oh, hahah. i see

69:31 on falcon.
69:31? No way!

It's 68:32. Falcon is too manly to give in.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
lol, seriously though. ganon really doesn't have a chance.

maybe i should say 70:30 just to give people a compromise... less extravagance

but hell

i can never imagine a real sheik losing to ganondorf. ever. there's absolutely no way the slowest close range character can beat the fastest.
80/20 doesn't sound as "OMG TEH BROKENNESS" but is still absolutely true... it's a **** matchup.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Another update. We updated and revised the the Yoshi Matchups into a pretty, handy, and compact PNG File.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8971/yoshimatchuv12gw9.png

It's almost finalized from the current Yoshi MetaGame, but Falco, Lucario, and Zelda are still under heavy debate. Snake and ROB are being look into too, but for everyone else it's nearly perfect.

I'll contact you Dan if the Chart gets updated. Also you probably need to change Yoshi vs. Jigglypuff to undecided... again

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Kirby board matchup changes:

Advantage (60-40)
Ike (changed from 70-30)
Sheik/Zelda

Small Advantage (55-45):Mario (changed from 45-55)
Samus (changed from 40-60)

Neutral (50-50):
Toon Link (changed from 60-40)
Wolf (changed from 60-40)

Small Disadvantage (45-55):
Mr. Game&Watch (changed from 40-60)

Disadvantage (40-60):
Marth (changed from 30-70)

S/Z, Mario, Wolf, and Marth boards agree with the new changes, not sure about the others

Question: Why is Meta Knight vs. Olimar an exception? I don't understand your explanation for it?

EDIT:

Another update. We updated and revised the the Yoshi Matchups into a pretty, handy, and compact PNG File.

It's almost finalized from the current Yoshi MetaGame, but Falco, Lucario, and Zelda are still under heavy debate. Snake and ROB are being look into too, but for everyone else it's nearly perfect.

I'll contact you Dan if the Chart gets updated. Also you probably need to change Yoshi vs. Jigglypuff to undecided... again
In the Yoshi thread it says Link is a 3, but in the link it says 3.5...typo?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater

OMG, that is cute!!!!!

Browny

Smash Hater
I dont recall seing any yoshi match-up threads going into other characters forums to ask for thier opinion. when the whole point of this thread is so that both sides agree on a match-up, youre picture doesnt seem to have too much weight in any argument :/

Mmac

Smash Lord
I dont recall seing any yoshi match-up threads going into other characters forums to ask for thier opinion. when the whole point of this thread is so that both sides agree on a match-up, youre picture doesnt seem to have too much weight in any argument :/
We'll it's because they take forever to discuss us. Most of the character matchup boards want to do the "Important" Characters first, and usually save us for last.

We're done our matchup's (mostly), we're just waiting on everyone else now

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
We'll it's because they take forever to discuss us. Most of the character matchup boards want to do the "Important" Characters first, and usually save us for last.

We're done our matchup's (mostly), we're just waiting on everyone else now
Hey, the only reason the Lucas' haven't discussed Yoshi yet is because, honestly, you guys keep discovering new stuff, making older discussions worthless.

Stop discovering stuff, than we'll discuss Yoshi.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Hey, the only reason the Lucas' haven't discussed Yoshi yet is because, honestly, you guys keep discovering new stuff, making older discussions worthless.

Stop discovering stuff, than we'll discuss Yoshi.
QFT

Just let Yoshi suck. That's better for everyone

Top Bottom