• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Based Crew Battles

odinNJ

Smash Lord
I think it would be a cool idea to hold crew battles based entirely on characters at nationals.
For example there would be a falcon crew vs marth crew battle. or a fox vs falco.
I think this would be hilarious to watch and would incredibly advance matchups :troll:

But honeslty if i am breaking some rule by posting this or if this has already been stated and shot down i am deeply sorry.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
I think that's a great idea. I do with,my friends all the time. I had fox vs sheik. Me and my boy both played fox, and my friend and his disciple played sheik. 6 stocks, and we switched controllers after each stock XD

:phone:

kyaputenfarukon07

Smash Journeyman
I think this idea is only good for even matchups. Ganon vs Shiek match-up is not fun to play or watch as a Ganon

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha, this makes me think of phoenix vs non-phoenix at that one major vanilla marvel tournament

odinNJ

Smash Lord
i was worried about that, maybe close to even matchups would work too. however i wouldnt mind seeing a luigi team go against anyone.

NNID
dansalvato
This is an awesome idea if one of the teams is using a non-traditional character, like yeah, Luigi would be sweet, haha. But I think we see enough top-tier matches that a whole crew battle of the same matchup over and over would be less exciting in comparison. Seeing Axe's Pikachu during Apex's crew battle was one of the most exciting moments of Apex.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I love this idea, I would love to see a Falcon crew go up against characters like Marth.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Marth vs Falcon would be good lol

Jiggs vs YLink. Jiggs would probably win just because the skill level of Jiggs players is greater then that of Ylink mains.
good thing we win the matchup! let's go, i got this

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
^You sir do not get a cookie.

As for the idea, meh. I thought it was going to be something along the lines of 8v8 with moderated char selection. Like; Max 2. spacies, Max 1 Floaty, Max 5 Top tiers, No limit on Mid-Low tier, character locked.

Which would be kind of cool in terms of creating a strategy for who would face who knowing your not going to have to send your doc up against a spacy due to a crew of spacies.

KingofCereal

Smash Journeyman
It would be hard to pull together full competitive crews for everyone. The Pichu team will be lacking compared to the Falcon team. Heck IC's would have a tough time making a full team.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
For a german turnament, the swedes planned a CF only crew because the dutch wouldn't be enough for a crew so we'd win anyway. Crews didn't happen though.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
It would be hard to pull together full competitive crews for everyone. The Pichu team will be lacking compared to the Falcon team. Heck IC's would have a tough time making a full team.
It doesnt have to be a full set of crews, just if each carachter has enough then they could compete.

Sacredtwin11

Smash Apprentice
Who doesn't want to see this? It's the great American matchup, as Carroll would say.

S2J
Hax
Darkrain
SilentSpectre
Scar

vs

Taj
Dart
Tai
PewPewU
Niko

Yes please.
No M2K?
I think the marth team would get ***** anyways though.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I only did Marth and Falcon mains in the US. Otherwise, you could open an entire new can of worms, such as Mango and PP on the Falcon crew.

Smash Master
HELL. YES. 20-40 stocks a piece with good reps of the meta and the matchup numbers can actually mean something.

It would be funny if the Marth/Sheik crew came down to M2K vs. himself.

D

Deleted member

I'd rather watch AZ vs the world in a low tiers crew battle.

Bing

Smash Master
hmm.... Doc crew would be like.. Shroomed,HMW,Boss,otg maybe Unknown even?

Samus is like.. Plup,Darrell I dont even know, so many good samus players have recently gone into retirement.

Top Bottom