• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! ROY!! .PAC UP!!!! 12/7/09 at 3:36 AM EST

camelot

Smash Ace
I would think that this Roy "project" would be continued once SA is released... that way he can be fine-tuned with more hitboxes, fire effects, and multi-hit attacks (usmash, uspecial, 3rd down slash of double-edged dance). I assume his run speed could be slowed down with SA, too.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It'd also be cool if his falling speed were to be increased, as well as his up-b be given the possibility of a "far" one like in Melee. Also, hearing Marth sounds w/ Roy is really weird -_-

EDIT: there's also the obvious major problem of Marth not being available with this. It's still really fun, though, and it'd be awesome to see this project completed (whenever PSA is done/released)

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
Dude Roy is already the fastest faller in the entire game any faster falling and you might as well make him a rock.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I didn't realize until after my post that his falling speed had been increased.... but is it really faster than Fox/Falco/Falcon? o_o pro.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I would think that this Roy "project" would be continued once SA is released... that way he can be fine-tuned with more hitboxes, fire effects, and multi-hit attacks (usmash, uspecial, 3rd down slash of double-edged dance). I assume his run speed could be slowed down with SA, too.
But.... Roy dashed faster than Marth in Melee.... o-o

Anyway... Just an idea I had to make Roy's counter interesting and distinguish it out from the other counters out there... Make his counter also shoot out a fireball or... something... xD I dunno. I'm fairly sure he had his own projectile attack in the Fire Emblem games.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
But.... Roy dashed faster than Marth in Melee.... o-o
1) Captain Falcon
2) Fox
3-5) Sheik > Pikachu > Marth
6) Pichu
7-10) Young Link > Roy > Yoshi > DK
11-15) Falco > Dr. Mario = Mario > Mr. Game & Watch > Bowser
16-20) Samus > Kirby = Mewtwo > Ice Climbers > Ness
21) Ganondorf
22) Luigi
23-24) Link > Peach
25-26) Jigglypuff > Zelda

apparently Roy runs slower than Pichu, whom Marth runs quicker than. Yoshi/DK's running speed would be a good start for Roy, however with quicker acceleration. that is, of course, unless a significant change has been made to relative running speed and/or DK and Yoshi's running speeds.

also, about counter, I think it'd make more sense if his Counter was somewhere between Marth's and Ike's in strength. Teh ph1r3 is already there, though.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I will not be happy until the codes for roy are released with the latest nightly build..

...and it needs moar Golden Roy

BlazeKnight

Smash Cadet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colaya
Needs moar red Roy. D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphonicSage12
...and it needs moar Golden Roy

.....I Already Made Gold and Red Roy the Download Links are a few posts Back but if you can't find them I'll Just Repost them Along with Pics Later Along with my Black Roy

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
black roy would fit well, as you can put Gold Roy to Marth's White color. all that's left to fill in is his Black costume.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking we could put Roy's yellow over Marth's white, Roy's dark blue over Marth's black, and then whatever brand new costume we come up with over Marth's light blue since it's the only new one Marth has since Melee.

exfatal

Smash Cadet
god dman it i want me some roy+ nooowwz!! i hope the clone engine and roy gets fixed soon.. (wish he had his hair..)

BlazeKnight

Smash Cadet
Blazeknight, gold Roy's cape is actually red (you made it gold). Just pointing it out
I Don't think It's Red.it's More Orange Which was what I made it but I'll try Fixing it up ASAP Also Dark Roy is Done I just haven't Tested it yet so Expect that Soon

Wander

Smash Journeyman
I doubt it, everything else looks fine. But gold Roy's cape is definitely a dark orange to me.

Anyway, bumping to keep this thread from drowning in the sea of PSA projects and music hacks.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I'd like to say CSS portrait and actual in-game costumes aren't guaranteed to looks the same...and that makes sense seeing as Melee looked rush in several areas (Roy often displaying a lack of fine-tuning lol).

I personally see red as the more appealing combo, but it does show up as orange in-game.

Top Bottom