• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! ROY!! .PAC UP!!!! 12/7/09 at 3:36 AM EST

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Camelot: wait just a second for me to finish my taunt testing to start any more DED changes, I've almost got it working.

Roy Taunt/Victory Changes .PAC

Changelist from last version:
-Dtaunt --> Marth's neutral B charging animation, added shouting SFX and fire graphics
-Win1 --> Final Smash starting pose (upward stab)
-Win2 --> Side B Down3 (downward stab and spin)
-Win3 --> Dsmash

The victory poses aren't quite as polished as the official ones because of the way the camera shifts around at the start, and of course there's no way to get brand new voice clips in there, but it's the best I can do for now.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Hey i have a question, when i play with Roy, i hear no sound, only when the sword hits something. Did i do something wrong or is this natural? I got the same problem with Mewtwo .

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Camelot: wait just a second for me to finish my taunt testing to start any more DED changes, I've almost got it working.

Roy Taunt/Victory Changes .PAC

Changelist from last version:
-Dtaunt --> Marth's neutral B charging animation, added shouting SFX and fire graphics
-Win1 --> Final Smash starting pose (upward stab)
-Win2 --> Side B Down3 (downward stab and spin)
-Win3 --> Dsmash

The victory poses aren't quite as polished as the official ones because of the way the camera shifts around at the start, and of course there's no way to get brand new voice clips in there, but it's the best I can do for now.
@Wander:

Is the .pac you uploaded Camelot's latest one with just victory pose/dtaunt changes?

Wander

Smash Journeyman
I made my modifications on the most recent .pac Camelot posted, meaning the one with the DED changes, yes.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
@Wander: Cool, nice work dude.

I really like the "Win3" dsmash pose--I feel like that's pretty close to what Roy did with his double swing victory pose in Melee.

The "Win1" pose looks kinda meh, no offense. "Win2" is good, but it needs some speed and/or camera reworking to get the full "awesomeness" visual effect :D

And the down taunt is really baller. Perhaps you could work in a transition from charge up downsmash to shield breaker charging animation and somewhat slow the whole schebang down?

Cheerio! :D

Edit: Nxtgenfalco, Wander said he used the most recent .pac with the DED changes...you might as well use Wander's until Camelot comes out with the next one (which may have even more DED changes + the new taunt/victory poses)

Xis66

Smash Cadet
@Wander: Cool, nice work dude.

I really like the "Win3" dsmash pose--I feel like that's pretty close to what Roy did with his double swing victory pose in Melee.

The "Win1" pose looks kinda meh, no offense. "Win2" is good, but it needs some speed and/or camera reworking to get the full "awesomeness" visual effect :D

And the down taunt is really baller. Perhaps you could work in a transition from charge up downsmash to shield breaker charging animation and somewhat slow the whole schebang down?

Cheerio! :D

Edit: Nxtgenfalco, Wander said he used the most recent .pac with the DED changes...you might as well use Wander's until Camelot comes out with the next one (which may have even more DED changes + the new taunt/victory poses)
Tried out the new NEW pac wit Wanders animations I held shield/R when I won the match to try out the diff wins (A, B, X, or R at the end of a match) and it crashed. Anyone try this out and see if I'm the only one with this? Its not a Bricking crash it just goes black.

Other than that, The new DED is VERY Melee'ish and yea like bankai said the Victories are good but you should def experiment with them with a couple diff animations and try to slow them down a bit. This was an awsome job though and Yes it IS the NEW Camalot pac for those who havent seen the other two post that said the same thing.

One more thing I stand corrected Marths Up B is directionaly influenced even backwards. If you hold up when he even does a mini stall at the very end before he falls (sorry if this is common sense to some I never used Marth Melee or Brawl, been Royin for past 5 -6 years lol) wit PSA you cant manipulate the amount of forward movement in he Up B I guess I can get along without.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Tried out the new NEW pac wit Wanders animations I held shield/R when I won the match to try out the diff wins (A, B, X, or R at the end of a match) and it crashed. Anyone try this out and see if I'm the only one with this? Its not a Bricking crash it just goes black.

Other than that, The new DED is VERY Melee'ish and yea like bankai said the Victories are good but you should def experiment with them with a couple diff animations and try to slow them down a bit. This was an awsome job though and Yes it IS the NEW Camalot pac for those who havent seen the other two post that said the same thing.

One more thing I stand corrected Marths Up B is directionaly influenced even backwards. If you hold up when he even does a mini stall at the very end before he falls (sorry if this is common sense to some I never used Marth Melee or Brawl, been Royin for past 5 -6 years lol) wit PSA you cant manipulate the amount of forward movement in he Up B I guess I can get along without.
Yeah, I just confirmed the crashing issue with the R press at end of match. That needs to be fixed.

Also, I think there's still a forward scoot on grounded flare blade. That needs to be removed.

Ditto Xis66 remarks on victory pose adjustments.

-Bankai

Wander

Smash Journeyman
I don't really know what would be causing the victory crashes - I copied over all the animation names and sound effects from their sources properly. If someone finds the problem or comes up with a fix, let me know.

I also know absolutely nothing about frame speed mods, and that would require a whole new GCT anyway, so there isn't much I can do in the speed area.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Uh.. Wander - You realize you can speed up animations in PSA right? camelot actually was the one who figured it out.

04070100. Set parameter 0 to "scalar", and put in the number you want to multiply the speed by.

Wander

Smash Journeyman

No, I did not know that. When did he post that discovery? And just what value is that, exactly? Flags?

Xis66

Smash Cadet
Hmm....oh yea! I wanted to suggest slow down Roys Nair a bit. It was significantly slower in Melee. The down smash victory is **** good this one should be the first to stay as is just slowed. Realy like the down taunt too!

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Hmm....oh yea! I wanted to suggest slow down Roys Nair a bit. It was significantly slower in Melee. The down smash victory is **** good this one should be the first to stay as is just slowed. Realy like the down taunt too!
Yeah, I happen to agree lol. Nair was definitely and noticeably slower in Melee.

Good job on figuring out how to adjust frame speeds in PSA Camelot :bee:

***Updated List of things ta Doo:

Current .pac fixes:

-Slow down Roy's Nair along with his other aerial moves?
-Possible blazer dmg reduction?
-Flare blade forward scoot while on ground--needs to go
-Uthrow--75 degree angle (leafgreen386)
-Bthrow should be given a much higher angle and some pretty decent growth Basically... make it a reverse of the new uthrow with a slightly lower angle (leafgreen386)

General Stuff:

-Modifications to sword swing sounds ALONG with striking sounds
-Counter damage multiplier needs adjustment
-Flare blade needs a full charge recoil of 10%
-Taunt fixes--specifically down taunt, which is too...Marth exclusive (voice already taken care of)
-Change victory poses (possibly set them to either side taunt or up taunt?)
-Find a way to use PSA to adjust frame speeds

timothyung

Smash Ace
ROY

Neutral Air:
Total: 57
Hit: 7-8, 17-20
IASA: 50

Brawl MARTH

Nair
Hit: 6, 15, 17 (behind), 19
End: 48

Significantly slower? Really?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
No, I did not know that. When did he post that discovery? And just what value is that, exactly? Flags?
Uh, what? It's pretty easy to use. Just set the value to scalar, and 1 = regular speed. There doesn't seem to be much restriction on how fast/slow you can get, although I have T-locked by speeding up an entire move and jabbing it really fast. :laugh:

camelot

Smash Ace
You can cross that off, I changed it in the latest .pac. It does 7 hits: 6 damage on the first one, 1 damage on the rest (total of 11).

Just changed it to match Roy's speed.

Is there a full list of Roy's frame data? I want to take a look at that.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Nice work Camelot. This is rather exciting, no? Shadic posted a very useful link two posts ago, and I found another one that might have important info regarding Roy's frame speeds:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=30064

Okie dokie, update time :D

***Updated List of things ta Doo:

Current .pac fixes:
-Flare blade forward scoot while on ground--needs to go
-Refine down taunt and victory poses (timing and camera issues are main concerns)
-Work on frame speeds (now possible yaaay!)

General Stuff:
-Modifications to sword swing sounds ALONG with striking sounds
-Counter damage multiplier needs adjustment
-Flare blade needs a full charge recoil of 10%

Completed Schtuff:

-Uthrow--75 degree angle (leafgreen386)
-Bthrow should be given a much higher angle and some pretty decent growth Basically... make it a reverse of the new uthrow with a slightly lower angle (leafgreen386)

-Taunt fixes--specifically down taunt, which is too...Marth exclusive (voice already taken care of)
-Change victory poses (possibly set them to either side taunt or up taunt?)
-Find a way to use PSA to adjust frame speeds

And for anyone who wants to take a look at Camelot's comprehensive changelist, I'll post the link here. Of course, this is subject to change as Camelot sees fit/when he actually comes out with newer .pacs, etc:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234839&page=116

Wander

Smash Journeyman
For pure frame numbers, I use this page:

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/superdoodleman/Roy_frames_11.6.05.txt

I'm trying to slow down his victory poses just a little so that you can actually see them in full view; does .75 speed sound about right?

EDIT: Turns out .60 was closer to what I wanted. I know the upward stab doesn't really have a smooth transition back to the standing pose, but there's not a lot I can do about that. I would rather change it to a completely different animation, but nothing's coming to mind.

Roy Victory Speed Fix .PAC

Any specific dtaunt refinery in mind? Something that doesn't involve a whole bunch of animation linking?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
the down taunt: it needs to be cancelable so that the sound still comes out. in fact, let's add taunt canceling to roy :D

and the down taunt needs to be slowed down. You can "chain" them.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
no, I meant like, cancellable, but the sound still plays. this is achieved by being cancellable 1 frame after the desired sfx comes out.

NxtGenFalco93

Smash Apprentice
ok back to actual fighting... i just got to try out the new .pac (school and soccer keeping me back) and the ded is good but could it have a bit more hitstun on each hit b/c when i used it against lv. 9s they were able to grab me inbetween swings. and in brawl+ the designers wanted to make better charecters, so i think Roys recovery should be a bit better. i think either the up b should go higher if b is held in (sorry if it does havent experimented yet), or the up b should have a trick to it to make it go higher, maybe like 2 or 3 frames opening to make his recovery go 25-30% higher if the botton is pressed again. plus adding one of those whould make roy have his own little at.

and at wander- the taunts look good (have tried canceling them) but the down taunt makes his arms look funny (the forearms are bigger than the biceps.) and one thing about the victory poses- the one involving the downsmash; is it sopposed to be done with out a sword? b/c i think it would look better if he put his sword away after.

other than that i think roy is amazing. thanks again for all your work camelot, wander and everyone else who made roy as good as he is now.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Quote by Nxtgenfalco: did you fix the freezing problem when holding r at the end wanderer?

@Wander: Any updates regarding the fix?

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
For pure frame numbers, I use this page:

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/superdoodleman/Roy_frames_11.6.05.txt

I'm trying to slow down his victory poses just a little so that you can actually see them in full view; does .75 speed sound about right?

EDIT: Turns out .60 was closer to what I wanted. I know the upward stab doesn't really have a smooth transition back to the standing pose, but there's not a lot I can do about that. I would rather change it to a completely different animation, but nothing's coming to mind.

Roy Victory Speed Fix .PAC

Any specific dtaunt refinery in mind? Something that doesn't involve a whole bunch of animation linking?
Srry bout double post, but I just came up with an idea. Instead of using the upward stab, could you just use the final smash dash? Alternatively, the down or side taunt would work well instead...the upward stab as it stands is definitely the worst out of the three victory poses.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Right now, I have no idea what causes the sword to be present or absent in victory poses, especially when the animation usually calls for it - like the dsmash. Consequently, I have no idea how to force the sword to appear, then disappear at the end of the move.

Ditto for the freezing problem; I'm no expert at this, I don't know what causes it in the first place, and I really don't have the time to tinker with it for hours until I find the solution.

About the arm thingy, that may be a result of the speed mod - I haven't tested that particular one yet. Are you sure it's really deformed, you're not just seeing it at a weird angle or something?

EDIT: But wouldn't he just dash in place? That seems like it would look even more unusual than the stab.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
The freezing when pressing a button on the results....this has been in ever since the first set. It's the ****ing CSS, people. Just don't fricking press a fricking button after the match!

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Srry bout double post, but I just came up with an idea. Instead of using the upward stab, could you just use the final smash dash? Alternatively, the down or side taunt would work well instead...the upward stab as it stands is definitely the worst out of the three victory poses.
Right now, I have no idea what causes the sword to be present or absent in victory poses, especially when the animation usually calls for it - like the dsmash. Consequently, I have no idea how to force the sword to appear, then disappear at the end of the move.

Ditto for the freezing problem; I'm no expert at this, I don't know what causes it in the first place, and I really don't have the time to tinker with it for hours until I find the solution.

About the arm thingy, that may be a result of the speed mod - I haven't tested that particular one yet. Are you sure it's really deformed, you're not just seeing it at a weird angle or something?

EDIT: But wouldn't he just dash in place? That seems like it would look even more unusual than the stab.
Yeah I suppose the dash would look weird...but how do u feel about substituting the upward stab with down taunt or side taunt? Personally, I feel down taunt would look really baller :D

timothyung

Smash Ace
ok back to actual fighting... i just got to try out the new .pac (school and soccer keeping me back) and the ded is good but could it have a bit more hitstun on each hit b/c when i used it against lv. 9s they were able to grab me inbetween swings. and in brawl+ the designers wanted to make better charecters, so i think Roys recovery should be a bit better. i think either the up b should go higher if b is held in (sorry if it does havent experimented yet), or the up b should have a trick to it to make it go higher, maybe like 2 or 3 frames opening to make his recovery go 25-30% higher if the botton is pressed again. plus adding one of those whould make roy have his own little at.

and at wander- the taunts look good (have tried canceling them) but the down taunt makes his arms look funny (the forearms are bigger than the biceps.) and one thing about the victory poses- the one involving the downsmash; is it sopposed to be done with out a sword? b/c i think it would look better if he put his sword away after.

other than that i think roy is amazing. thanks again for all your work camelot, wander and everyone else who made roy as good as he is now.
Yeah, DED should have a bit more BKB.
But we shouldn't buff his recovery. He is a beast on the stage now, and the weak recovery balances him out.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
If you really wanted to buff his recovery, you should give his up B a more horizontal trajectory (if that's even possible) to mimick the melee counterpart. Marth's recovery was better because of his floatiness, Roy's up B was superior as a recovery move on it's own.

timothyung

Smash Ace
If you really wanted to buff his recovery, you should give his up B a more horizontal trajectory (if that's even possible) to mimick the melee counterpart. Marth's recovery was better because of his floatiness, Roy's up B was superior as a recovery move on it's own.
Hmm... less vertical, more horizontal?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Yeah. Basically, the player should have more dynamic control of the angle that the up B goes at (from straight up to 45 degrees). That would give them more mixup options, so you'd still kind of have to work to recover (it would be better though <_<)

BlazeKnight

Smash Cadet
his victory poses look gay and he plays with his hair in his idle animation... i say they MUST go. speed mods wont make it look any less gay (no offense to marth i like playing as him but its true).
Normaly it's Pretty Boys That Play with their hair and not gay People. Take Simon Belmont in The Cartoon "Captian N The game Master" He's Always Worried About his hair. But yeh It Doesn't Seem Very Roy Like Thats the Only Problem with having to use Marth as a base You Can't get Rid of his Girly-ness Currently I hope Model hacks are out soon cause Marths hair =/= Good Roy if Only We Could Give Marth Pits hair Then it Would be Much more roy like oh well we Will Just have to wait

Top Bottom