• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! ROY!! .PAC UP!!!! 12/7/09 at 3:36 AM EST

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
@GoG: Can you please post the latest nightly text with the animation bug fix, Roy's frame speed changes, and ZSS css fix? Would highly appreciate it. Thanks!

Xis66

Smash Cadet
Hey, Can anyone explain the frame speed diff for me? I haven't put in any bug fixing texts either I have "BRAWL PLUSERY NIGHTLY BUILDS SET 5.0-8-15-2009- (GCT fix for animation engine bug from 8-13-2009)" Well I guess I did put in the bug fix then...Can someone please explain this though?

camelot

Smash Ace
The "stall" from the first slash of DED is more like Melee's. It doesn't give any height at all, it just stops your vertical momentum and keeps you at the same height for 11 frames.

U-throw has an angle of 75, and b-throw has an angle of 110 (70 degrees backwards), with b-throw having just a tiny bit less knockback than u-throw.

That's it, though...

Xervah

Smash Cadet
The Roy looks pretty sweet except the hair is off. I don't know if it is possible with all of the hacks, but Roy should use Pits hair as well as his standing animation.

If this isn't possible at all just ignore me, just thought I would throw in a few suggestions.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
***Updated List of things ta Doo:

Current .pac fixes:

-Possible blazer dmg reduction?
-Flare blade forward scoot while on ground--needs to go
-Uthrow--75 degree angle (leafgreen386)
-Bthrow should be given a much higher angle and some pretty decent growth Basically... make it a reverse of the new uthrow with a slightly lower angle (leafgreen386)

General Stuff:

-Modifications to sword swing sounds ALONG with striking sounds
-Counter damage multiplier needs adjustment
-Flare blade needs a full charge recoil of 10%
-Taunt fixes--specifically down taunt, which is too...Marth exclusive (voice already taken care of)
-Change victory poses (possibly set them to either side taunt or up taunt?)
-Find a way to use PSA to adjust frame speeds

Wander

Smash Journeyman
One problem - if you put any of Marth's taunts as his victory poses, he sometimes doesn't have his sword with him, which I think depends on whether or not he had his sword out the moment you won or not. Marth looks pretty goofy just stabbing his fist in the air or swinging his empty hand around, so....

Has anyone tried maybe putting his smash attack charging animations as victory poses? Dsmash, perhaps? I don't know, I'm not too concerned about that. But I'm still pretty fond of replacing the dtaunt with the old Shield Breaker charge animation.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
can we make roy like not hold his sword when standing, walking, and running like he does in his game?
Yeah, I agree with smashmaniac concerning the standing and walking.

However, Roy should keep his sword while running.

Also, in melee, Roy would clench his left hand up a little bit while standing. It looked rather badass, but I dunno if we'd be able to recreate that effect since Marth has no animation like that at all =/

Zero Hour

Smash Apprentice
i have an idea and I'm sure its been thought of but i want to know why it wouldn't work... but what if you edit marth final smash to turn him into roy, then you could just do the same thing people do with the giga bowser hack or warrio man?.... i wouldn't be surprised if this idea fails but i just was wondering.

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
i have an idea and I'm sure its been thought of but i want to know why it wouldn't work... but what if you edit marth final smash to turn him into roy, then you could just do the same thing people do with the giga bowser hack or warrio man?.... i wouldn't be surprised if this idea fails but i just was wondering.
Can't have that.
Smashballs are illegal.
Period. And so is Roy.

And no.
Because Gbowser/warioman has folders of their own. I think.
Roy doesn't

Xis66

Smash Cadet
Since taunts don't usually have graphic effects (but the charge does), we could replace the dust cloud graphic effects with fire if we wanted. Or remove them entirely.
That Sounds awsome I think its a good Idea cant wait to fix my computer so I can attemp a few modifications myself.

Oh yea, to differ him from Marth and to the knowledge of most non-Fire Emblem player, The "no sword thing" is kinda good Idea! Since emulating Melee Roy is priority right now this is unlikely but Anyone "Texturing", could you try it out?

camelot

Smash Ace
I changed a lot of stuff to emulate Melee Roy more. Here's what I've changed since the last .pac I posted:

- Normal attacks don't play random voice clips. His smashes do instead, playing 1 of 4 random "smash" voice clips whenever you use one.
- It plays a "pain" voice clip after 3 frames rather than 40 when you go into hitstun
- F-smash has a slower start-up, does 19 damage rather than 17, but has the same knockback as before
- D-smash sweetspot hits outward rather than inward (I'm not sure why it was like that before)
- D-air's spike hitbox was moved to be right on top of Roy
- U-throw angle is at 75 from 93
- B-throw angle is at 110 (or 70 backwards), knockback just a tiny bit less than u-throw

Specials:

- Blazer:
---- Hits 7 times, doing 6 damage on the first hit and 1 damage on every other hit
---- Is slowed to 0.5x speed from the start, goes back to 1x speed at the peak of the attack
---- Gains slightly less height
- Double-Edged Dance:
---- Huge overhaul, speed, damage, and/or voice clips of all attacks was changed
---- Hit 1: 4 damage hit, 3 damage tip, has "stall" effect when used in the air
---- Hit 2 side: 4 damage hit, 3 damage tip
---- Hit 2 upper: 4 damage hit, 3 damage tip
---- Hit 3 side: 8 damage hit, 7 damage tip, good knockback, doesn't link into 4th hit
---- Hit 3 upper: 8 damage hit, 6 damage tip, hits downward and towards Roy, doesn't link into 4th hit
---- Hit 3 lower: 7 damage in 3 hits, doesn't link into 4th hit unless at very low percents
---- Hit 4 side: 13 damage hit, 10 damage tip, high sideways knockback
---- Hit 4 upper: 13 damage hit, 10 damage tip, high upwards knockback
---- Hit 4 lower: 15 damage in 5 hits, is rather easy to DI out of

I'll post the .pac in a while... also, should I should make a comprehensive changelist?

timothyung

Smash Ace
- It plays a "pain" voice clip after 3 frames rather than 40 when you go into hitstun
Apply it to every other character too :D

And yes, making a comprehensive changelist will help a lot

camelot

Smash Ace
If I remember right, Roy's f-smash is the only attack of his that's slower than Marth's in Melee.

Unless you want to count his Counter also, which has a longer start-up than Marth's.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Comprehensive changelist would be nice - hope to see that PAC soon, there are a few cosmetic/taunt changes I'd like to do myself.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Cool, also don't forget his victory poses. Those could be changed up as well :D

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Do you have any definite ideas for victory poses, though? We need animations that would make sense both with and without the sword in his hands; same for taunts.

camelot

Smash Ace
Err... his up-b is slower as well. Can't believe I forgot that.

Working on a comprehensive changelist...

@Wander, I don't have any ideas of my own for taunts/victory poses. Only things I've changed are side taunt having a Flare Blade trail and down taunt having no voice.

UmbraLion

Smash Apprentice
Question! How do you get the REGULAR textures for the characters? And I mean ALL of them. I don't know how to rip from ISO... because I don't know how to GET the iso.

NxtGenFalco93

Smash Apprentice
o man im still learning the combo ability of roy today... i just a few mins ago did an upthrow into a bair into 4 fairs across FD (the last one was a tipper to set up a blazer attack) then hit with the blazer, then grabbed a ledge, quickly jumped off and did 1 more fair into an fsmash for the kill. rapesause did 80+% damage and a kill

roy will **** all... and cant wait for the new .PAC

Wander

Smash Journeyman
How do I download the whole folder? I don't want to do them separately. O-o
Somewhere around here is a MegaUpload with all the default costumes in one folder, see if you can find that.

Or just deal with downloading them one at a time, what do you need them all at once for?

Top Bottom