• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! ROY!! .PAC UP!!!! 12/7/09 at 3:36 AM EST

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Ugh, this kind of stuff is in the OP. ON THE OP, it says to name it FitMarth.pac and put it in the correct folders and stuff.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
O.o

****. I must've missed where it completely replaces marth... Lame. I'll give it a try anyways though, see how roy plays. Thanks.
Just a quick note on that, all changes have been made EXCEPT for frame speed changes, meaning that your sword attacks will seem really, really swift. And they are, cuz they're currently Marth's (make sure you're using the latest GCT that's on the Brawl+ official site--it contains an animation line bug fix that's critical).

*****Again, I ask that GoG please release another text file containing the animation line bug fix as well as the Roy frame speed changes.*****

Alternatively, if someone can find a way to add frame speed changes to .pac files, please do so. Thanks!

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Can I just say I -really- think we ought to use the third up-hit or fourth side-hit of DED as his neutral B instead of Fsmash? The Fsmash is still a key finisher for Roy, and to have two frequently-used moves with the exact same animation feels like recycling. On the other hand, most people who even used DED with Roy ended it on the third side-hit, never even making it to 3rd-up or 4th-side. Both of those are downward slashes that would fit the needs of a proper Flare Blade, but they don't reuse such a common animation as the Fsmash.

camelot

Smash Ace
Can I just say I -really- think we ought to use the third up-hit or fourth side-hit of DED as his neutral B instead of Fsmash? The Fsmash is still a key finisher for Roy, and to have two frequently-used moves with the exact same animation feels like recycling. On the other hand, most people who even used DED with Roy ended it on the third side-hit, never even making it to 3rd-up or 4th-side. Both of those are downward slashes that would fit the needs of a proper Flare Blade, but they don't reuse such a common animation as the Fsmash.
I thought the same about the "frequently used/same animation" thing.

I used the third up hit of DED before, then changed to f-smash, then back to DED, then people didn't like it so I switched to f-smash again.

I do like the DED hit more, though. The second time I used DED, I fixed it up so that the hitboxes were basically the same as the f-smash. But people still didn't like it.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
And who are these people? I've even tried mixing and matching the animations on my own and testing them in the game - 3rd-up and 4th-side are not only less frequently used attacks, but they work (visually) just as smoothly as the Fsmash animation. Really, though, to give two button inputs almost the exact same charging and execution animations, as well as other data, is redundant.

camelot

Smash Ace
These "people" are people who have posted in this thread. Not sure how many, but the majority of them wanted the f-smash animation. Which I honestly was not very happy about :ohwell:

The 3rd up hit of DED was by far my favorite animation for the attack. And you said it visually worked "just as smoothly", but I believe it worked much better. I even made the hitboxes work like the f-smash one, yet still they wanted the f-smash animation instead.

camelot

Smash Ace

Ryo242

Smash Ace
I prefer the DED animation over F-smash. It may have a shorter range, but it looks a hell of a lot better.

Another suggestion...where is the stabbing (Marth Neutral B) animation currently being used? It might be a nice 4th DED hit to put at the end. Just a suggestion.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Maybe the 4th hit of the forward DED might be good for neutral b...definitely not the up hit of the 3rd. The 3rd up hit DED looks like a clumsy swing. The 4th forward swing looks pretty kickass.

Though I kind of like how the 4th forward hit is already being used for the counter...herm...

@Ryo: Accuracy > looks

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, take Ike's fsmash when we can do that
Yeah, *if* that becomes possible, I second it. Ike fsmash fits almost perfectly--it's a two handed stroke that is similar to Roy's neutral b in melee. Plus, it's just kickass XD

Fsmash ftw!!!

@Wander: Yeah, I think that we should perhaps try out the 4th side hit DED for flare blade. We could experiment with that, but AGAIN, we would still be recycling a move that's already being used for Roy's counter. As for the 3rd up hit DED, I say nay!

camelot

Smash Ace
Accuracy > looks
When you say this, do you mean how easy it is to hit with, or how close it looks to Roy's Flare Blade in Melee?

If you mean the former, I did fix the hitboxes for the DED hit so that they hit the same as the f-smash (for the most part).

If you mean the latter, it could be taken a couple ways... the f-smash animation arcs the same way Roy's Flare Blade did, but it is a 1-handed swing. The DED hit doesn't arc as much, but it does use 2 hands.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
4th-side is already being used for Counter?\

Then why in the world can't we use 3rd-up for Flare Blade?

camelot

Smash Ace
Counter is already 4th-side hit, and Flare Blade........ there's still some argument about. I've switched it around a few times, and I personally like the 3rd-up hit more than f-smash. The last time I changed it to f-smash was because the majority of people wanted it, but now it seems like it's the other way around.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
When you say this, do you mean how easy it is to hit with, or how close it looks to Roy's Flare Blade in Melee?

If you mean the former, I did fix the hitboxes for the DED hit so that they hit the same as the f-smash (for the most part).

If you mean the latter, it could be taken a couple ways... the f-smash animation arcs the same way Roy's Flare Blade did, but it is a 1-handed swing. The DED hit doesn't arc as much, but it does use 2 hands.
Hrm..a little of both I suppose. Yes, the 3rd DED slash with the improved hitboxes is decent on the ground, I agree with you there. However, it is rather terrible in the air. And overall, the fsmash animation has the best arc, period. I'd say stick with fsmash (or try experimenting with 4th side hit DED) for the time being...until, of course, we can get Ike's fsmash animation to work for Roy's neutral b :D

4th-side is already being used for Counter?\

Then why in the world can't we use 3rd-up for Flare Blade?
Wander, have you tried using 3rd up hit DED in the air for neutral b in one of Camelot's older .pacs? I don't know, it just seems really, really clunky/awkward/inadequate. On the ground, it's okay I guess (fsmash still has a naturally better "sweeping range"). Moreover, the 3rd up hit DED swing just looks too...feminine. Look, the only other one we haven't tried is the 4th side hit DED. I would definitely like to experiment with that.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Backwards. Whoops.

I meant 3rd for Counter, 4th for Flare Blade.
YES! Camelot, if you really wanna change the flare blade animation, I'd say 4th side hit DED is the better option. 3rd for counter would work just fine too. :D

camelot

Smash Ace
I've actually tried 3rd up hit for counter, it has this weird effect if somebody hits you from behind. You shift backwards a lot and... it makes it hard to hit with.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
>.>

( X: a.k.a the root of the sd card) /private/wii/APP/RSBE/pf/fighter/Marth/ and name it FitMarth.pac.

they need to say this on the front page. I will say that some people assume that everyone knows how to do this kind of stuff already.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
I've actually tried 3rd up hit for counter, it has this weird effect if somebody hits you from behind. You shift backwards a lot and... it makes it hard to hit with.
Hrm...yeah, I kind of like the counter the way it is now. But as for flare blade, if you want, you could try changing it to the 4th side hit DED so that everyone can test it out. I noticed that the arc on 4th side hit DED is just about as good as the fsmash animation.

Whatever you do, I would suggest *not* changing the aerial flare blade back to 3rd up hit DED. Even with edited hitboxes, it wasn't very reliable.

Just reposting as a reminder and food for thought:

***Things to do for Roy:

-Modifications to sword swing sounds ALONG with striking sounds
-Counter damage multiplier needs adjustment
-Flare blade needs a full charge recoil of 10%
-Taunt fixes--specifically down taunt, which is too...Marth exclusive
-Change victory poses (possibly set them to either side taunt or up taunt?)
-Find a way to use PSA to adjust frame speeds

camelot

Smash Ace
I tried 4th side hit DED for Flare Blade, and I must say it looks awesome. It hits reliably, too.

For, uh... diversity's sake, I think I'm going to put the counter animation back to the default one. Not the 3rd up hit DED, it has a weird glitch with it.

I also took out the voice from his down taunt.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
I tried 4th side hit DED for Flare Blade, and I must say it looks awesome. It hits reliably, too.

For, uh... diversity's sake, I think I'm going to put the counter animation back to the default one. Not the 3rd up hit DED, it has a weird glitch with it.

I also took out the voice from his down taunt.
Awesome...pure awesome :D

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Just had another idea: since "Minna miteite kurei" is supposed to be unique to Marth, could we change Roy's dtaunt? I was thinking we could give it Marth's neutral B charging animation and the shouting SFX from Marth's up B, since Roy no longer has the forward stab Shield Breaker animation and it's pretty close to his Melee taunt.
Yeah, just bringing up what Wander said awhile ago...it kinda got lost in the sea of posts lol. This sounds like a good idea, especially since Marth's voice has already been taken out.

camelot

Smash Ace
Ok, first new .pac in a while: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?njkuu3mukzy

Here's what I changed since the last one...

- Flare Blade is 4th side hit of DED, as a result it is slightly slower
- Counter is back to default animation
- Blazer (up-b) has a better effect, Roy flashes orange/white while rising upward, and has less hitlag (it was a bit excessive)
- B-air was toned down a little, both hits reduced by 1% damage, knockback reduced proportionately
- D-air semi-spike hit has more knockback
- F-smash tip has more knockback than f-tilt tip, rather than the other way around
- Using d-tilt repeatedly doesn't keep scooting you forward
- D-taunt has no voice

Recap on throws:
-- All throws do 1% more damage compared to Marth's
-- F-throw has more base and less scaling knockback, has "slam" effect on the ground
-- B-throw sends at a more horizontal angle, less scaling knockback
-- D-throw knockback is unchanged
-- U-throw has less base and more scaling knockback

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
For throws...

Give uthrow a 75 degree angle.

Bthrow should be given a much higher angle and some pretty decent growth. Basically... make it a reverse of the new uthrow with a slightly lower angle.

It'll be cool. Really.

Top Bottom