• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! ROY!! .PAC UP!!!! 12/7/09 at 3:36 AM EST

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Having separate characters on the select screen would make Roy more of an...official character I suppose? I dunno, even if he's not *official* for tourneys and such, he would still feel like a genuinely separate character from Marth more than if he were simply a taunt transformation. Plus, with taunt transformations, someone could accidentally switch between movesets midgame--that would just become troublesome =/

The Verdict: Separate characters on select screen is betta.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Bankai. So long as we're working on separating clones from their bases, separate panels on the CSS would be ideal and a dream come true. Making new portraits and battle panels (or even using the ones from Melee, since they look more like the character) would be mindblowingly awesome.

Now for Samus and ZSS, taunt switching sounds like a good idea that could potentially be worked into something really useful. But the only thing I think should be done to Roy's taunts is changing his Dtaunt into Marth's neutral B animation. Anyone working on putting that into the most recent (or next) .PAC, by the way?

camelot

Smash Ace
Taunt switching = no, because they'd still have the same gravity, run speed, jump height, etc.

I think it's a bit early to be talking about having him as a completely separate character...

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so what I've decided to do is set up a running checklist that I will continue to post..every week or two. This list will contain whatever adjustments remain to be tended to for Roy. With that, I'll also post a list of things that currently cannot be done. If you guys have any suggestions for additions to either list, have them heard. Please READ what has already been stated in previous pages before you speak your mind. I feel that this is one of the best ways to set aside the possibilities from the current impossibilities, so that everyone can "work on the same page," so to speak. Also, redundant questions suck. 'Nuff said.

Things to do:

-Modifications to sword swing sounds ALONG with striking sounds
-Counter damage multiplier needs adjustment
-Flare blade needs a full charge recoil of 10%
-Taunt fixes--specifically down taunt, which is too...Marth exclusive

Things that CANNOT be done with the tools we have now:

-Importing Roy's voice clips (would require the unpacking/repackaging of a specific type of file, which is not possible at the moment)
-Importing Roy's exact moves from melee (though certain moves can be emulated, such as the new neutral b move--courtesy of tsunami and Camelot)
-Importing Roy's entire model, such as hair, headband, etc. (look up Pharrox's model extractor regarding this--Roy's arms have been ported over by Camelot/Steelia, but this is only a partial modification)
-Assigning Roy's moveset to one of Marth's taunts (because Roy would have the same gravity, run speed, jump height, etc)

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Blah. The tripping on the .txt with the Roy codes is funky, and not on the Nightly. When they fix the Animation Engine, would replacing all of Marth's changes with Roy's and changing the hex value of the first line work?

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
aren't sheik and zelda's grav/movement speeds different so you could make it like their css (probably not doable with new chars. thought)
They're completely different characters.
They have their own individual folders and PCS/PAC files.

And Roy is just a Marth Moveset.
So no, that won't work.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Blah. The tripping on the .txt with the Roy codes is funky, and not on the Nightly. When they fix the Animation Engine, would replacing all of Marth's changes with Roy's and changing the hex value of the first line work?
How exactly does one go about changing the hex value of the first line? Please be specific :confused:

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Update:

Things to do:

-Change victory poses (possibly set them to either side taunt or up taunt?)
-Find a way to use PSA to adjust frame speeds

EDIT: ***Contrary to what's been said about this in the past, it appears that we just might be able to import Roy's voice clips from melee!! Check out the link!!***

http://nintendobros.com/2009/08/15/possible-psa-exploit-but-its-very-tedious/

timothyung

Smash Ace
So you replace like 50 songs for Roy's voice? lol. That's the only way to do so before we can recompile the sound file, though...

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Hey GoG, could you please post the latest nightly text with Roy's frame speed changes? There was a bug fix on it like a day or two ago, and it hasn't gotten updated =/

Wander

Smash Journeyman
I would rather have matching music that actually works than have everyone scrambling their files just to get voice clips set up.

One more time, has anyone tried messing with his voice pitch yet? Or can someone tell me how to so I can try it myself?

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
5.0 Rocks. That is the best Brawl+ I have played.
go back a few pages and the last post with a new roy link will work with 5.0 but i prefered the way 4.2 played.
Have you checked the official Brawl+ site? There was a bug fix for the 8/13 release. Before that bug fix, "The previous RSBE01.gct had an animation line bug where important changes were not functioning (i.e., Pit’s aerial landing lag reduction)." That's why Brawl+ was actually playing too much like vBrawl (there was also a lot of recov problems with other characters, such as Ike).

Download the update and you'll find that 5.0 is quite different lol--more along the lines of what 4.2 was. Also, I believe the text download on the official site has NOT been updated, although the GCT has (auto updater fixes the problem as well).

As for the Roy .pac, yeah, it works. But the frame adjustments don't due to the new engine and such.

Once again, I ask that GoG please release another text file with BOTH the animation line bug fix as well as Roy's frame speed changes.

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
Lol yeah..I knew somethin was buggy when Ike wasn't recovering uber fast XD

Things to do for Roy:

-Change victory poses (possibly set them to either side taunt or up taunt?)
-Find a way to use PSA to adjust frame speeds

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
his moves still do that. did you download his pac file? a lot of changes are made with those now.

download the installer and autoupdater by bionicsonic (you can find it on brawlplus.net)

_Bankai_

Smash Apprentice
**IMPORTANT**

GoG, please release another text file with BOTH the animation line bug fix AND Roy's frame speed changes. THANK YEW!

NNID
Budget_Player
I'm kind of confused. I got the dl'd Rarth.pac and Rarth.pcs. I think I must've gotten something mixed up. I set them as FitMarth01.pac and FitMarth01.pcs, selected that costume, and... massive flop. It looked like roy and was marth. (NSTC System)

Top Bottom