• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chainchoking

.Kiyo

Smash Cadet
I gotta practice this really hard now, and see the opponents movements. Hopefully I'll be able to do this when I get good enough!

NatP

Smash Ace
So, I just finished reading this ENTIRE topic and I got to say that it was a nice read. When it actually discussed chainchoking that is. <.<

Anyway, I came here to bring something up. What if we b-sticked? Would it be more practical? I'm just wondering.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
So, I just finished reading this ENTIRE topic and I got to say that it was a nice read. When it actually discussed chainchoking that is. <.<

Anyway, I came here to bring something up. What if we b-sticked? Would it be more practical? I'm just wondering.
There is a *slight*, *slight*, and by that I mean SLIIIIIIIIIIIGHHT chance, that learning to do this with the B-stick, may SLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHTLY help with learning it, by muscle memory. That is, it may be easier to learn to associate [such and such a character reaction] with [such and such a thumb flick], as oppose to combining a thumb flick with a button/trigger input, which must be co-ordinated temporally, but also is split to two points in your body (two fingers).

But it's a slight chance. I don't have any specific reason to believe it is the case, and don't actually know anything about that kind of learning.

Meanwhile, Cstick lets us do Salmon Smash, and for tap jumpers, we get easy uairs. Either one alone is pretty valuable.

Anyway, for me, I think Chainchoking is how I will break out in my region (I really think I can do this), but first I want to do the air dodge FoG on command. It shouldn't be too hard - it should be just like SJR for Wolf's fair, except a different time.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Chainchoking works very good!

I had my friend over for a few just-4-fun-games.

As soon as I Gerudo'd him I peeked at his controller, just like this " >_> "
Then I saw what input he did and followed up with either a Gerudo or Shield>Gerudo.
When he rolled towards the ledge (trying to break the chainchoke) I simply Fsmashed him.

But soon he realized that I was peeking and he was like "WTF? Stop staring at my controller!" while laughing.

Peeking at the opponents controller can't be banned in a offline tournament. lulz

Ganon + peeking = WIN !

stRIP

Smash Ace
Chainchoking works very good!

I had my friend over for a few just-4-fun-games.

As soon as I Gerudo'd him I peeked at his controller, just like this " >_> "
Then I saw what input he did and followed up with either a Gerudo or Shield>Gerudo.
When he rolled towards the ledge (trying to break the chainchoke) I simply Fsmashed him.

But soon he realized that I was peeking and he was like "WTF? Stop staring at my controller!" while laughing.

Peeking at the opponents controller can't be banned in a offline tournament. lulz

Ganon + peeking = WIN !
RL mindgames ololol

Im learning Chainchoking vs ROB atm...than Metaknight

KOSKINATOR! Learn chainchoking vs Mk, so you can chainchoke M2k to death ;D

TP

Smash Master
I'm glad to see that people are finally starting to use this.

The easiest characters are Pikachu and Kirby, if you want to see fast results.

@HomE

Smash Ace
Lols, no... most people can get several chokes back to back, but not like 0- death or anything...

its mostly a morale killing/move refreshing tool.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Chain Choke is similar to Snake's dthrow, but instead of doing a bit less damage and having more start-up lag, it allows tech-chase into earlier kill moves and optionally guaranteed moves against most characters.

1000 POST after 1 year and 3 weeks!

Superspright

Smash Lord
We should be able to in theory 0-death quite a few people, or at least put them into kill range if someone perfected it. MK can be chain-choked indefinitely.

@HomE

Smash Ace
Its just not humanly possible to reach to every possible situation, I would MUCH rather get 1 - 3 chokes in and end with a Fsmash or stomp... most the time I don't even go for the second choke, I'd rather jab them off the ground or punish a roll, hard.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
But I think the thread was saying that all the options of certain chars can be reacted to.

It would be humanly possible, just insanely hard, if M2K mained Gdorf he could probably do it after a awhile.

@HomE

Smash Ace
I think the "look at the other persons controller" method could have some viability...

don't get caught

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
What I'm confused by is that is says that for certain options, (eg. in roll, or out roll etc.) you have to take a step in a certain direction first, but then doesn't that require prediction? Or is the idea that you can take that step and still cover all the options.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I'd like to say that my chain choke game is pretty impressive, but it's often overshadowed due to me usually just going for whatever is guaranteed out of choke or predicting correctly and dairing.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I'm going to be doing a LOT of experimenting with chain choking while looking at my opponent's controller. I'll let you guys know the results this saturday :p

Sunglasses FTW

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
You don't need to hide that, since there are no rules against it. :p
Maybe I'll try it too, tomorow.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
Taking the step still lets you cover all options.
Yeah, most of the time I step away from my opponent, just barely out of getup attack range. It helps me to not be as predictable by standing there and shielding. The only problem with it is if they have a nice backroll, away from me. >.>

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
But if they saw you looking at their controller, i dont think they would have it right out in the open for you to look at....
This.

Plus my shades are sexy.

(I think we already had this conversation - nubile young women and whatnot)

Superspright

Smash Lord
To truly chain-choke we need someone on meth who has practiced it flawlessly off meth, then give them meth. Their reaction time will increase and their focus...so then MAYBE we can watch a Ganon choke M2K non-stop into a predicted backroll fsmash, or if he lays there, fsmash his ***.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I tried the looking at the controller tech against my friend one time and he started to fake inputs.
He probably saw you then XD

Besides, I'm planning on watching the controller nearly the entire time. I don't really need to watch the game if I know that I correctly tech chased my opponent. I'm actually going to experiment with both Gerudo and Aerudo... because if I keep Aerudoing, then they can't hit me with a getup attack.

I'm pretty excited to test this, in case you couldn't tell :p

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Wait why can't they hit you with a GUA out of aerudo? I thought you were actually closer to them.

Sorry I'm new to the Dorf.

Top Bottom