• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CGC @ SFSU XXV - SEP. 3rd!

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Hey all,

My name is Derek and I'm gonna be in San Francisco visiting my brother this weekend (thursday - monday) who commutes to Stanford. I'll probably be chilling with him most of the time but I would love to play some melee at some point with some californians. I really wanna see some dispensaries too lemme know if anyone has a club card. =D

AznShadoW

Smash Journeyman
I havnt went to a cgc tourny since 3 years ago, im wondering if i can still come in for friendlies only for tounrmanet days, or do i have to pay? L> for answer

AznShadoW

Smash Journeyman
UHHH I FORGOT WHEN TOURNIES STARTED IN SFSU, BUT I WAS THERE WHEN THE FIRST ONE WAS MADE AND STOPPED AFTER A YEAR OF IT I TINK. I NEVER NOTICE THE NAMES O.o BUT I ASSUMED IT WAS CALLED CGC BACK THEN

onski?

Smash Ace
ok ladies, im going to Shanghai for a month (not taking jersey requests) and when i get back, rain or shine we're gonna knock out CGC 18 like rampage jackson knocks out a door when he's feeling blue. i'll figure out a date when i get back, but @Brandon if you can nail down someone for the fund for anytime in July (after the 6th which is when i get back) then mod this page with a date and we'll run with that.

as a small glimmer of hope, this may in fact not be my last tournament. since certain parties are trying to just show up at SFSU to host tournaments and pocket a ridiculous $5 a head fee, i am gonna have to restructure some fences and show Hostility how to use his pimp hand to keep the beezles at bay.

have a great summer everybody!

<3,
Onski

WassupJB

Smash Lord
brilliant onski.

the tournament you're trying to host after july 6th may need to be in august because the weekend of july 10th is evo, the following weeks wont do because of gsg happening the following week and your attendance might be slim, which sucks. welcome to my life hahaha.

L__

Smash Master
strike out aug 6-8 for apex

then again idk if anyone around here is going besides darrell

****in' darrel

DarrellD

Smash Ace
I dont think im going anymore cause of the plane tickets being 400 round trip =( there goes my only dream

Shroomed

Smash Master
I dont think im going anymore cause of the plane tickets being 400 round trip =( there goes my only dream
i was lookin at tickets like a month or two ago hoping that they'd be cheap

jus win a few tourneys and you got this darrell

that's my plan lol

Zoap

Smash Master
What airports are you looking at and what date?! I just found first class tickets for 568 and regular tickets for 263 rountrip. You guys suck at looking for airline tickets.

DarrellD

Smash Ace
What airports are you looking at and what date?! I just found first class tickets for 568 and regular tickets for 263 rountrip. You guys suck at looking for airline tickets.
Show me the dark side and ill be your servant :p

Atlus8

Smash Master
Please show me where you look for tickets! What's the best thing you can find for LAX to GDL on July 21 and return on the 26? All tickets right now are over $400!

Zoap

Smash Master
Unfortunately because its "International" travel the prices will be high. But right now I would wait as it should go down to around 350 in the next two weeks or so. The lowest I found was 397, it seems that the actual flight is around 300 and its the taxes that are bumping it up so high. Because of this you could try bidding on Priceline if your schedule is very flexible. The other option is to call the airline and see if you can dig some discounts out of that. US Airways was the 397.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Where are you finding these prices?! I've been looking at mostly Orbitz for that past two weeks and tickets are well over $450! Any non-stop flights below $400 is good enough for me! Lovage told me about bing and that it has a price prediction for the next week or so! It says that I should wait because there is a price drop coming!

Just now, I went on Volaris and found a round trip for $340! F***en r@@@@@pe!

MacD

Banned via Administration
wtf, geez, how are you guys doing this

someone show me the secrets

and what's up with the price bidding? i'd be down to do that for apex if it'll save me $100+

lax/sna to where ever for pound is ridiculous

Zoap

Smash Master
Atlus: Jump all over that as I doubt it will go any lower.

Darrell+Dajuan: Just go to Bing and use SFO-New York(Select La Guardia) but first find out what trains and such to take before purchasing anything.

McCain: I generally start with Bing, Priceline, Expedia and then I'll try some off the wall searchs too. Always remember to check Southwest as none of the forementioned will give you Southwest flights. IF you want to bid McCain follow these steps:

1. Make a Priceline Log In
2. Do a search with the Airports and Dates you want
3. When you get your results you should see something along the lines of Name your own Price or Bid on this Flight.
4. At this point it will ask you to choose Airports(Select all that your willing to fly from and into), and a place to name your price. This price isn't with taxes so remember to use something that you'd be willing to add $20-60 to.

You can bid once every 24 hours and you will be notified within an hour if it has been accept or not. Ok the bad news:

The airlines will choose your flight times. Your trip will start between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. and you will arrive no later than 12:30 a.m. the next day.

Just remember to look at all the available flights the day your leaving to get an estimate of when your flight will be.

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
What's funny about that picture is... onski has a lowerpro slingshot 100 camera bag. I'm only guessing he's got a dSLR or something close to it in his backpack.

Top Bottom