• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CGC @ SFSU XXV - SEP. 3rd!

onski?

Smash Ace
judging by the way it hangs on his back, i'd say it's a canon eos 7d
winner winner. chicken dinner. im over here filming a rockumentary in spiffy *** 1080p

show me love on facebook. its forbidden here, along with youtube, digg, comedy central, etc.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
every date i've picked seems to clash with another event, so im pleading for a suggestion from the wisest of sheridans
July 3 or July 17 seem to be open, yes? Do both of those work for you? Can we have some more input from the community as to what would be preferable? I'd think July 4 so CGC and GSG don't interfere with one another. Only thing is that it's 4th of July weekend and that may detract some people. Do we know what the status is with the Good Player Fund and all that? Can we get PC (or whoever it is) over on that weekend on this much notice?

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
OK then, either date is good I suppose. I think the people who had the West San Jose tourney a couple weeks ago want to have another one July 17, so maybe July 3rd is the best bet, but really we need more input from locals and potential socal.

onski?

Smash Ace
i'm in shanghai until the 5th, so my votes for the 17th.

but, to be honest with you guys.. if you want to host a tournament at SFSU on the 3rd you most likely can. sky has been hosting brawl and brawl - tournaments at state without any kind of permission and pocketing $5 a head.. i've tried to stop it, but little short of showing up in person and shutting **** down, i am powerless to do anything about it (i've called the SFSUPD and they let him off with a warning, undoubtedly under the impression that he was a student and/or CGC member). if these brawl f@ggots can get away with this, you crafty critters can do the same, just put the venue fee towards the GPF

i give you all my blessings and will look on from afar.

<3

NyTeStRiDeR

Smash Apprentice
i'm in shanghai until the 5th, so my votes for the 17th.

but, to be honest with you guys.. if you want to host a tournament at SFSU on the 3rd you most likely can. sky has been hosting brawl and brawl - tournaments at state without any kind of permission and pocketing $5 a head.. i've tried to stop it, but little short of showing up in person and shutting **** down, i am powerless to do anything about it (i've called the SFSUPD and they let him off with a warning, undoubtedly under the impression that he was a student and/or CGC member). if these brawl f@ggots can get away with this, you crafty critters can do the same, just put the venue fee towards the GPF

i give you all my blessings and will look on from afar.

<3
So brawl players have been entering sfsu campus to have illegal tournaments and illegally profiting from it? How long has this been going on? Don't they check if the occupants have a permit or documentation for renting the room? Way to make a bad rep for you and future TOs setting anything up at sfsu.

onski?

Smash Ace
So brawl players have been entering sfsu campus to have illegal tournaments and illegally profiting from it? How long has this been going on? Don't they check if the occupants have a permit or documentation for renting the room? Way to make a bad rep for you and future TOs setting anything up at sfsu.
go to AiB and find the "The Best" tournament series. essentially Sky is robbing brawl players to support himself financially. The Best II and III were both allowed to happen despite prior warning to SFSUPD, unfortunately i was in Los Angeles and Shanghai respectively so I couldn't physically stop the events.

even though the summer semester is technically my last chance to set the record straight for future CGCs, i'm not about to turn a blind eye to this bew****. its one thing to reimburse yourself for expenses, but $5 a head going straight into your pocket when you are essentially commandeering a venue that you have no business being in? fvck that.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
who does sheridan, sfat, and replicate play? Does falcomist go mostly marth now?

who does the karate kid play or was that someone entering under a different name?

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
who does sheridan, sfat, and replicate play? Does falcomist go mostly marth now?

who does the karate kid play or was that someone entering under a different name?
I (Sheridan) play Puff, Replicate is Fox, SFAT is Fox/Sheik, Karate Kid was really Lunin. Falcomist plays Marth and Falco.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I'm working on getting it for the 3rd. Sky said he would try to get a room for me this weekend. If it's not possible, then it will be on the 17th.

Chase if you see this let me know what else I can do to arrange a room in case Sky can't.

pockyD

Smash Legend
I'm working on getting it for the 3rd. Sky said he would try to get a room for me this weekend. If it's not possible, then it will be on the 17th.

Chase if you see this let me know what else I can do to arrange a room in case Sky can't.
i thought onski observed that sky has been obtaining rooms illegally

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Well I don't know what the access situation is for SFSU over the summer on weekends, so I'm not going to say the tourney is on based on the chance that the doors to the building/rooms will be unlocked and unsupervised for the whole day and that it won't get shut down 2 hours before we finish. I don't know how Sky gets access to the rooms and I don't really feel like going on a scouting mission to SFSU to find out. When I asked Sky how to get a room he said he would look into it for me. I don't know if his tournaments are actually "illegal" or if the SFSU staff doesn't care but I'm not about to press the issue.

pockyD

Smash Legend
one final hub house tourney instead then?

though people are just going to flake anyway and i'll be mad sitting there by myself playing jose for 4 hours :laugh:

pockyD

Smash Legend
"a lot of bbq"

we don't want like marinated meat sitting in your fridge that you pop into the microwave

actually i do want that

but i don't think it's what he meant

Top Bottom