• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CEO 2011 Results Thread - Orlando, FL, June 10-12, 2011

CEOJebailey

The People's Organizer
First off I want to give a HUGE Thank you to D-Torr, HungryBox and Neil for handling Smash and taking it completely off my hands and handling it. I hope the smashers who attended had a great time, and for all those who missed it you missed an incredible weekend.

I will be honest, if it wasn't for D-Torr saving the day and posting more to help run things I would of cancelled the Smash Portion of this event as I couldn't take on running a totally different game and such so you guys owe D-Torr a ton of credit. CEO 2011 Paid out over 12,000 in Cash(Same day too :)) across all games which proved what CEO and myself are capable of doing for the community. With that said I just want to announce it now that Next year I do not see myself adding Smash again to the event. I've already begun planning the event and from all the feedback I've received next year will be twice the size)read over 1000+ people.

Smash leading up to the event really gave me a headache and I wanted to make sure everyone enjoyed their time but Smash had the lowest turnout out of any of the other games I had over the weekend which makes me feel the Smash community just doesn't want to be a part of CEO, or other events won't care about the Florida community.

My goal now is not to throw in every game possible to fill the room or add games to pad my numbers(mostly because this years CEO shocked myself and community with how many turned out-850 plus people), but to provide a streamiined experience with only the Most current fighting games so that everything tournament wise is easier to maintain and look after.

So again Thank you to those who did attend, I really appreciate it, and to the person who "forgot their medal," I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your presence at CEO 2011 so stay salty my friend :).

I no longer plan to be a part of the Smash Community so I wish you guys the best and hope you can find your own Major in Florida in the future that I'll gladly give any requested advice about.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Alex, thanks for hosting an amazing event despite the turnout. It's a shame that Smash will not be at CEO 2012, but sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the better. It was an epic weekend and I'll actually never forget it. Great experience.

Because falco's not hard. Lol.
I'll make you eat those words. :l

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
yea no problem jebailey

i actually sent you a message on facebook. you should respond when you can...its about asking for some advice for large tourneys such as this one :laugh:

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
**** respect points. GreenWesker made a dumb statement and I debunked the **** out of it.

Props to you for defending his name, but if he got a problem, he could come back to this thread and handle the feeling of being wrong. He'll live.

Pengie

Smash Lord
**** respect points. GreenWesker made a dumb statement and I debunked the **** out of it.

Props to you for defending his name, but if he got a problem, he could come back to this thread and handle the feeling of being wrong. He'll live.
LOL get wrecked greendude.

:phone:

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
2link and Exdeath, some sets are not together. Some replays were saved in the SD card and some in the Wii. I just put everything onto the SD card and made the zipped folder.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Since there will not be Smash at CEO '12, let's have another major tourney to take its place.
With more amounts of people, hype, and food eaten at ihop.

황미영

Smash Champion
Well damn son, Florida scene failed.

When is there going to be a legit big smash tourney here with no money problems and a lot of players?

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
hey dtorr, regarding the mink/cashflow pools thing, tio will randomly say who advances in the case of a tie, and its up to the TO to decide (which you did, which is good)
however in the case of a 2-way tie you might want to look at the head-to-head result of the players' match before looking at their overall record, but thats up to you

hope im not repeating anybody :urg:

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Not at all :troll:

It better not be on the same weekend as CEO '12, because I'll definitely be at that.
I hope the organizer of this non-existent-yet tourney isn't that stupid.

But based on past dates, Florida sucks at that. So we'll have to see.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
We need another place that can be like Gigs...

Somehow we need to make a colective effort to have lots of people at our tourneys

:sonic:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
: [ but who has the balls? or at least the least laziness? it has to be up to cfl imo

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Florida practically acts as two separate states (South and Central). So it is kind of hard to get real good attendance to each tournament since most of the time one region doesn't want to haul *** hours to the other part of the state (especially SFL I guess, since they have ZP monthlies anyway).

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I can try to organize something big but imma have to wait until after genesis to decide if I will. The lack of attendance at ceo scared me into not wanting to do it but after I see how genesis attendance goes ( a tourney with a year of hype) ill then decide if I will

Then again ceo had a year but smashboards was dumb as **** in the non sticky situation. That honestly hurt a bit too

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
hey dtorr, regarding the mink/cashflow pools thing, tio will randomly say who advances in the case of a tie, and its up to the TO to decide (which you did, which is good)
however in the case of a 2-way tie you might want to look at the head-to-head result of the players' match before looking at their overall record, but thats up to you

hope im not repeating anybody :urg:
Yeah. I originally had 6 pools of 8 thinking I could do that. I already had 2 pools going before HungryBox advised me to split the 4 pools that weren't playing since we weren't gonna have much time. I was thinking of splitting those 2 big pools but since some already played the full pool, it was unfair to them so I just went with it. Mink and Cashflow's situation was hard to resolve due to how erratic their results were. Cashflow beat Mink but lost to everyone Mink beat and vice versa or something like that so deciding just on total win-loss record. This was my first tournament I've TO'd and I've learned much from this experience to avoid any delicate situation that may come in the future if I TO any more events.

I hope the organizer of this non-existent-yet tourney isn't that stupid.
Who are you talking about. Better not be talking about Jebailey. CEO '12 will be even better.

: [ but who has the balls? or at least the least laziness? it has to be up to cfl imo
I'd be up to it, but I don't have a car or a reasonable and reliable means of transportation to get me places. I told this to Lade as he asked if I was willing to TO any more events in the future.

and my shoutouts will still come......

Rockenos

Smash Apprentice
@D-Torr
Drew was talking about whomever's gonna be the TO for the currently nonexistant tournament that will be Replace CEO for smashers (Not same weekend, just not enough smash tournies in FL.) so currently nobody.
Jebailey was top tier.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
@D-Torr
Drew was talking about whomever's gonna be the TO for the currently nonexistant tournament that will be Replace CEO for smashers (Not same weekend, just not enough smash tournies in FL.) so currently nobody.
Jebailey was top tier.

This, exactly.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Okay so I spent like all day today recording. Tomorrow I"ll be recording the finals matches in HD and then transcoding those along with everything else for upload~

:rosalina:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I've ben organizing a good sppot 4 Atl South to meet up @ but no1 comes up from CFL below and I understand because you all dont have cars but still :-(

:sonic:

You got players from AL and GA but no1 wants to meet them halfway.

Although I understand there are only 3 players here in Tally left (Me Chess and S3xPuma)

Two-Ell

Smash Master
ahahaha, I actually chuckled.

Okay so I spent like all day today recording. Tomorrow I"ll be recording the finals matches in HD and then transcoding those along with everything else for upload~
^
dumb *****

Mink, I believe your set is in the batch Xdeath was doing. I don't see any Puff/ZSS in the second half of the zip.

:rosalina:

Top Bottom