• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CDE Presents: G4S5, Saturday March 1st!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
*Brawl Johns*

You know though, even if you beat me, I'll still have 2 wins to your 1 XDDDDDDD but your on mutha clucka >:D Do you want my Fox or my Falcon? :p

@Lil Kong - Thanks for the compliment dude, I really appreciate it. :)
Both. $5 each.
Bring it on, rodent. >:D

Lil Kong

Smash Journeyman
oh ok lil kong
how bout bo3
The reason i do 1 match WTA. is because if i can beat someone i will that first match. If i cant... i cant. When i get into a series i get something i call gamer fatigue. i put so much in my matches i tend to burn out as i go ( i have some funny, but embarrassing stories behind that Lol! ). Thats why i was never one for tournaments. its all in fun but when i bet id rather just chance it rather than drag it out. Ya know?

Edit: any rules, stages ect you prefer?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
The reason i do 1 match WTA. is because if i can beat someone i will that first match. If i cant... i cant. When i get into a series i get something i call gamer fatigue. i put so much in my matches i tend to burn out as i go ( i have some funny, but embarrassing stories behind that Lol! ). Thats why i never did tournaments. its all in fun but when i bet id rather just chance it rather than drag it out. Ya know?
does not compute

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
What is Johns? sorry if i dont understand the lingo. Lol! but 1 match Winner Take all is the only way i go. Oh and in Brawl not Melee
that doesn't make sense, since if you play a person once, you have a chance to learn their playstyle and adapt and utilize stages/chars/tactics that you know to counter the other player. Winner Take All, as you call it, is a pansy way to play.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
uhm well best of some odd number greater than one is the only way i'll go
anyone else want to money match in smash brawl?

know what happens to you lil kong
after the first game, your opponent figures out your mindgames and you can't adapt and lose the next one(or two)
then you make johns

Lil Kong

Smash Journeyman
that doesn't make sense, since if you play a person once, you have a chance to learn their playstyle and adapt and utilize stages/chars/tactics that you know to counter the other player. Winner Take All, as you call it, is a pansy way to play.
You know what. I could rip what you just said to pieces, but i wont waste my time. All im saying is its only $5 why go through 3-5 games for that? Now if you guys wanna bet. I mean $40-$50 bets. That's another story. Now thats series worthy to me. Now explain to me what exactly Johns means.

Ama(m/t) You down? anything less than $10 is 1 match WTA.

Edit: Anyone else really intrested let me know.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
we can play 10.01 bo3 if you like
but um
i hope you know how to play smash bros
it doesn't sound like it

Lil Kong

Smash Journeyman
we can play 10.01 bo3 if you like
but um
i hope you know how to play smash bros
it doesn't sound like it
Ask all the guys on this board Ive played with. Im a gracious player. Its fun win or lose. I dont talk very much. i just enjoy the game, but to say I cant play is vastly incorrect. Only $10.01 its seems you dont sound to sure about you own skills.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Ask all the guys on this board Ive played with. Im a gracious player. Its fun win or lose. I dont talk very much. i just enjoy the game, but to say I cant play is vastly incorrect. Only $10.01 its seems you dont sound to sure about you own skills.
i would put my own money on this match

and i dont see how you could rip what sleepyk said to shreds, but i'd like to see what you have to say so that i can argumentatively reply

SleepyK

You know what. I could rip what you just said to pieces, but i wont waste my time. All im saying is its only $5 why go through 3-5 games for that? Now if you guys wanna bet. I mean $40-$50 bets. That's another story. Now thats series worthy to me. Now explain to me what exactly Johns means.

Ama(m/t) You down? anything less than $10 is 1 match WTA.

Edit: Anyone else really intrested let me know.
lol because the smash community are pansies when it comes to money matches. it's a known fact.
Regardless, it's not just about the money, of course. it's about the fun, too. a set of 3-5 matches makes it like a mini-tournament set. also, please do waste your time. you're on a gaming community forum page, after all.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
you not wanting to play a 3 game set tells me you're not confident in your skills
tournament rules are written around filtering out as much of the random chance and luck factors in a set
if you're not confident that you can win in an environment designed to bring out the essence of skill, then maybe you shouldn't talk about money matches

Lil Kong

Smash Journeyman
lol because the smash community are pansies when it comes to money matches. it's a known fact.
Regardless, it's not just about the money, of course. it's about the fun, too. a set of 3-5 matches makes it like a mini-tournament set. also, please do waste your time. you're on a gaming community forum page, after all.
Well as ive said before ive never been in a tournament. I guess in not exactly in the community. So I didn't know that. but to call your own people pansies im not sure i wanna be. Lol! im coming because I like the game, Ive been playing for years. I hooked up and Brawled with alot of Top Level guys here and did really good. So I wanna play better people to gauge how good i really am in the spectrum of being a good player or a professional player.
If you cant bet on my level... dont bet. Ill still play you and have fun. Its not a big deal, but if you do wanna bet just back it up.

Edit: Tom & ama(m/t) read above^

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Now wait a second- are we talking about brawl MMs here, or melee MMs?

Either way, I'll do a 1 match MM with you, Lil Kong- 5$?

Lets do it.

@Sleepy- Say what you like about others, I've MMed more than pretty much ALL of GA, and I've NEVER been a pansy about it. <3

Lil Kong

Smash Journeyman
Now wait a second- are we talking about brawl MMs here, or melee MMs?

Either way, I'll do a 1 match MM with you, Lil Kong- 5$?

Lets do it.

@Sleepy- Say what you like about others, I've MMed more than pretty much ALL of GA, and I've NEVER been a pansy about it. <3
Thats cool. It'll be fun. Oh we're playing Brawl.

SleepyK

haha, i mean with monetary amounts. Compared to other fighting games, smash money matches don't go for much money, but there are numerous good reasons for it.

If you've been playing for years and... no one has heard of you, yeah... :/

Lil kong, there aren't really any top level brawl players right now... i mean, the game isn't even out in america >.>;;

just1111

Smash Journeyman
hey anomic punk... chaddd reminded me of something... im gonna get naked behind you again in the middle of a MM.

;D

Gerbil

Smash Champion
*steps in to defend Lil Kong*

Have you guys ever met Lil Kong? This dude is perhaps one of the nicest guys I've ever met. Man, he let me and my group of friends over not once, but twice and left us to play Brawl non interrupted for 8 hours straight both times. The best part? The first time we went we were fed rerally good food ^.^ He went out of his way just to have us over to play for a day.

While I wouldn't be a proper judge for how good anyone is at Brawl, I will say that at the very least Kong knows what he's doing in that game.

So please stop messin with him. He's a cool dude and doesn't deserve any hate. Seriously. Also, he's a big (tall) black guy, and you just can't hate big black dudes. That's like.... illegal in GA LOL.

@Kong - A John is basically an excuse. If, for example, someone starts making excuses why they lose or why they play certain ways, etc etc, we call those excuses Johns. There's like... a giant thread on the definition of it and tons of examples somewhere... but I'm too lazy to go look for it lol.

Zone

Smash Champion
I was 100% planning on coming to this one Saturday... But then on my ride home from Gigabits, on Sunday I got a 180 Dollar speeding ticket, then right when I got it, I said. Screw going to G4S5 >.>;

Zone

Smash Champion
Owned.

>.>

On a serious note, sucks that had to happen to you dude... :( See you in Brawl though. :)
lol, G4 is always good fun. I woulda loved to play your fox some more. No good Fox's or Jiggs players in Panama City :\

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
Trust me Lil Kong is something serious. :)
He has MAD control with Lucas (its really quite impressive)

The wise would not underestimate him considering that not many ppl have seen him play and the game is so new that the results are anything but concrete. Its almost more about luck than skill at this point. Unless you play FD three times in a row that is. ;)

**** I wish I could go. I'll put Ganon on the map in Brawl.

Also to be totally realistic..... 2/3 is actually quite ... idk . It seems pretty ballsy to me to put everything on one match. But Brawl is mad random @ this point (unless you use Marth) so i can see why it wouldn't be preferable.

SleepyK

haha, i'm not hating on him.

Just as he said, he doesn't understand why people do tournament set-style money matches.

Sorry if i projected any avarice, lol.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Lil kong, there aren't really any top level brawl players right now... i mean, the game isn't even out in america >.>;;
What do you mean? I am so good at Brawl I have sweetspotted the knee more than once. [randomdude]No Wais[/randomdude] Yes, wais. :laugh:

@Gerbil, I forgot if we had a MM or something. I certain we had something, but I forgot. ;_;

SleepyK

nes n00b, we have some link lessons that are long overdue ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom