• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CDE Presents: G4S5, Saturday March 1st!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
umm iron man matches dont have to be done for money.... but i will put money on it i guess.....
i didnt know if you wanted to put money on it or not, so i just said that i would put money on it

i guess i should have been clearer =/ we dont have to play for money at all if you dont want to

mog112

Smash Ace
mm as much as you want

just please dont let mm's affect the tournament. im sure this thing will already be cramped for time and last thing we need is people waiting on a match from someone doing a mm.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I wonder how many Iron Man matches actually go down once the tournament actually exists, due to time constraints.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
holy crap im playing chad an obvious legend!!!! what the hell i get me self into? lol oh well sounds like fun also any can mm on the spot at the tourney i would just like to know ahead of time for obvious money issues

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
mm as much as you want

just please dont let mm's affect the tournament. im sure this thing will already be cramped for time and last thing we need is people waiting on a match from someone doing a mm.
WHY YES I THINK I WILL~
:heart:

DP- 5$ 3/5
Yang- 10$ 3/5
NES N00b- 5$ 3/5
Smooth Criminal- 5$ 2/3
MarsFool!-1$ 2/3
Chad(Of the pika variety)- ?$ ?/?
Nicaboy- 2$ ?/?
Tong- 3$ ?/?
Laijin- ?$ ?/?
Reflex- 5$ 2/3
Prac- ?$ ?/?
112- ?$ ?/?
DrummaBoi- ?$ 2/3

But in all seriousness, we could do something like designate a TV for MMs-
Personally, I think Iron Man matches are a waste of time, especially if they're not for money- they're like mini-crew battle between two people... quite time consuming.

I intend to be done with my MMs ASAP, so all you biatches better be ready to play when I get there~ ;)

HiIH

Smash Lord
So it seems some plans have fallen through, and I will be bringing one person, who will more than likely not enter the tournament, but is really interested in watching everyone and hoping to get better (if that's fine)

on the upside, I should not only be able to bring a 'cube, memory card, and a copy of smash (along with some ****ty controllers), but also a TV (maybe two), as long as the local crew around the college doesn't really care.

Also, a power strip or two.

Woo!

Ja

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to go, but I need a ride. If you're from the SC Greenville, NC Charlotte, or NC Durham area and wouldn't mind giving me a ride pm me or contact me on AIM (trifod). I can leave from any of those places^, but I need to be dropped off in Greenville.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
With so many MMs we're going to have to come up with a system. >.<

The issue I'm running into is.... you guessed it, lack of TVs. LACK OF. I have maybe 7 or 8 "promised" to be there, and judging from my experience, G4S4 had almost 15 and we were there all day.

I mean hell, if we could get like..... 20 TVs or somethin, then I wouldn't be stressing this crap.

So how about this?

Tournament time is when we need to focus on the tournament itself. So! Halt all MMs, and wait until the breaks in between, or until the event is over. Some examples of when it is NOT tourny time (i.e. Take People's Money Time).

-Any time before 12:00 Noon.
-During our lunch break.
-After tournament is over.
-Some MMs can even be accomplished during housing stays. (ie.e do your MM with those you are housing with first at the houses of course)
-Also, as the brackets dwindle down and there actually ARE TVs getting left open, then MMs can happen.

Everyone wants a **** ton of MMs and then they want crews and then some want to play Brawl. The ONLY way that is all going to happen is if we run through the main event quickly. I can't stress this enough. If this tourny ends late and you guys didn't get in everything you wanted to do, I do NOT want to be the scapegoat of everyone's *****ing. What would suck worse is if the tourny didn't even finish, and then we'd have to figure out how to split the money up amongst those remaining in the tournament lol. Obviously noone wants that.

I want this to be fun, and it definately will be, but it will require the cooperation of everyone else too.

Also: Here's a tip for making this tourny run fast >.>

Arrive on time, stick close to your pool, beat the **** out of your opponent quickly, and decimate your bracket. Word.

:)

EDIT: In fact, I just remembered. the building opens at 8 AM. So if you want to drag your stuff up there 2 hours earlier than I arrive and hook it up in the lounge area for a little while to do your MMs, by all means go ahead.

RAM

Smash Lord
We could money match in 64 or we could just play for fun. either is fine with me AMA.

As for crews My crew adopted Fullmetal, and I read a few pages ago that 112 is down for joining us. if both of the Mike's still want to join our crew for the crew battle then I'm sure Drumma or Rice won't have any objections. and we'll have a crew with 2 Badazz Marth players.

I can't wait for this tourney.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
lil kong you like smash balls too or what
lets bo3
im not too sure about playing money where one mess up is 1/3 my stocks thx

chaddd

Smash Lord
Okay after talking to Eugenio.

I will be able to bring 1 tv.

Eugenio will also be able to bring a TV.

I will also have a personal dvd player that will double as a screen for money matches. Specifically for money matches. No lag, it's a perfectly good screen. We used it to survive the trip the smashtaclysm.

I also have 3 cubes, and several extra copies of smash, if you'd like those as well.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
Cash Mooney I will play you in 64 for $5 too
And Lil Kong I will also play you in Brawl for $5 - bo3 no items mind you...
And Space Balls I will G&W ditto you in Melee for $5, but not in Brawl. My G&W in brawl sux.

Also, Chad I will take a $5 fox ditto if you please.

Still taking any other challenges for 64 and Brawl, as well as G&W/DK dittos in Melee.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Okay after talking to Eugenio.

I will be able to bring 1 tv.

Eugenio will also be able to bring a TV.

I will also have a personal dvd player that will double as a screen for money matches. Specifically for money matches. No lag, it's a perfectly good screen. We used it to survive the trip the smashtaclysm.

I also have 3 cubes, and several extra copies of smash, if you'd like those as well.

I have one of those. It may be small, but it's top tier in the car.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
See? Now that's what I'm talkin about! If you can fit it in your car, bring it!!!!!

Props majorly to those that said "TVs"

@Chaddd - Bring it all man, bring it all lol.

moogle

Smash Ace
today's my birthday.
I want money matches next weekend.
mainly looking for melee money matches, though I hear I can put up a good fight in ssb64 too.
and brawl? i might be able to do that... low stakes, though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom