• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CC5 Appleton, Wisconsin Friday June 8th Chimeras

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Ok seeding, I posted this before, but I have two ideas for seeding, I'd like to hear what everyone thinks.

Option Uno

Teams
Depending on how many entrees, we will do RR.

<16 entrees, 2 pools with top 4 advancing = 8 Team Double Elim Bracket
=16 4 pools, with top everyone advancing, but RR done only for seeding. 16 Team Double ELim Bracket
>16 4 pools, with top 4 advancing-= 16 Team Double Elim Bracket.

Singles

Then the top 8 teams will be seeded 1-16 in singles, so top team gets 1 and 2, 2nd team gets 3 and 4, and so on. Then everyone who didn't place in top 8 in teams, or didn't play teams, but wants to play singles, will be randomly seeded for the remaning 17-???

Option 2

We do teams by random and we seed singles by RR in Singles

< 32 people, 4 pools, top 4 advance or we could just do RR for seeding, everyone makes the bracket

=32 4 pools, everyone advances, and we do RR for fair seeding.

>32 4 pools, top 8 advance

I'd like to hear what everyone has to say.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
Vino is going to be furious... I hope you were joking JS, or Vino's heart will be broken.

"I'm so happy I have such a good partner, one that doesn't ditch me Caleb" -Puffinator

refering to Blackmeza being MIA.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Well I had told him I'd team with him if Spikes was teaming with airy, which he's no longer doing since she can't make it. So Spikes and I are teaming.

Sorry :ohwell:

Puffinator

Smash Ace
Well I had told him I'd team with him if Spikes was teaming with airy, which he's no longer doing since she can't make it. So Spikes and I are teaming.

Sorry :ohwell:
You shouldn't be asking for a change in partners this last minute. It's not my fault that Airy didnt ask off of work like she should have. Somtimes I think the whole "fox cities crew" is so unorganized with tournaments....coming late to tournies(liiike...last time?"I THOUGHT THE tournaMEnt StarTed Atd 12?!!1assdf?") and SWITCHING PARTNERS LAST MINUTE cause of a stupid mistake not on my part, and now i have to look for a partner last minute. Way to be a noob, and way to get me pissed off.

KSSB wanna team?
And if not- Quaz or lone?

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
KSSB, team?
*slaps Zicore* seriously, don't be lame like that, asking to team with KSSB, when Vino already did, lame.

Vino I'll team with you if Meza doesn't show, and from what it looks like, he might not be coming.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
You shouldn't be asking for a change in partners this last minute. It's not my fault that Airy didnt ask off of work like she should have. Somtimes I think the whole "fox cities crew" is so unorganized with tournaments....coming late to tournies(liiike...last time?"I THOUGHT THE tournaMEnt StarTed Atd 12?!!1assdf?") and SWITCHING PARTNERS LAST MINUTE cause of a stupid mistake not on my part, and now i have to look for a partner last minute. Way to be a noob, and way to get me pissed off.

KSSB wanna team?
And if not- Quaz or lone?
no need to get personal, js and I are like smash best budz. At SMYM6 I was gonna team with some random guy from IL but his crewmate had to leave immediately after teams so they wanted to team together. I understood and teamed with Mundungu instead. And we got 0-7 in our pool but it was fun anyways.

Also, disorganized? If the "FCC" didn't show to CC4 you would have had 1 setup for over 30 people.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
no need to get personal, js and I are like smash best budz. At SMYM6 I was gonna team with some random guy from IL but his crewmate had to leave immediately after teams so they wanted to team together. I understood and teamed with Mundungu instead. And we got 0-7 in our pool but it was fun anyways.

Also, disorganized? If the "FCC" didn't show to CC4 you would have had 1 setup for over 30 people.
Spikes, vino is going to act a bit ticked off right now, so most of the stuff he says is just anger, you were a huge help at CC4, and also the fest, vino is just letting a little steam off.
I'd be ticked off too, but he's just letting off some steam, give the guy a break.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Well I was thinking of teaming with KSSB but I'd prefer a crewmate over a random person. I bet puff would too but in that sense, what's the difference between random people? ...

Zicore

Smash Champion
Spikes, if you're still looking for a teammate by friday do you want to team with me?

Puffinator

Smash Ace
Well even if what you're saying about less setups is true, at least it's an honest mistake, instead of being stupid, waking up late or sumthing, coming late, and overall, delaying the tournament and making us wait, just because you had the power to.
not to mention we wouldve felt bad for starting without you. not to mention the whining that wouldve ensued by the "fox cities crew!" if we had started. not to mention on the day i told JS we were gonna team, i specifically said " u better not ditch me" -_-
next time, try using some common sense, and maybe, perhaps, possibly make sure your partner can go. obviously, js isnt teaming with you because "ur his buddy and he made a promise!" but because you guys are "all star team with amazing MKII!!!".
yeah im mad. it will probably stay that way for a while.

well guess im teaming with quaz or lone.
i stick to what i say unlike others, so-
quaz ill team with you if ur going.
if quaz cant go (there have been fickle moments); then i can team with you lone.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
I get the shaft on teammates quite often. There has been numerous times when people said they would team with me, and then change at the last second. However, in those cases it was different. They hadn't given a stipulation, such as if <name> comes, I'll go with them. It was "I'll go with you." Puffinator, I know how you feel. :(

I find it more funny, than anything. But w/e. Also, in light of some things said at the CC5 smashfest I have this to say:

I don't main DK.

AND

Singles:
1 Tapion
2 Da Legendary Sauce
3 Fastest
4 EOF
5 Lone Jedi
5 Black Hayate
7 Puffinator
7 James Sparrow
9 Marth 101
9 Kirby ssb
9 Tuco
9 Yoshii
13 Kieper
13 Crashman
13 Toecutter
13 Samus 24/7
17 Deepak
17 Magnum Opis
17 Haus
17 18 Spikes
17 Enrique
17 Kevin
17 Alex
17 Daniel
25 Nathan
25 Mundago
25 Yang
25 Kyle
25 Nomek
25 Aiur
25 Chase
25 Zicore
33 Xtra
33 Bzzl

1 Tink -- Nintendo Wii + $250
2 Aaron -- $206
3 Tapion -- $151
4 Chexr -- $91
5 KSSB -- $51
6 SuperDoodleMan -- $30
7 Black Hayate
7 MasterOfMyDomain
9 James Sparrow
9 BlueWolf
9 Yoshii
9 Earl
13 Element of Fire
13 Pen2
13 Eighteenspikes
13 Lonejedi
17 Nomek
17 Marth101
17 Tuco
17 Toecutter
17 Xtra
17 Bzzl
17 Ben
17 Shep
25 BlackMeza
25 Greenbunny
25 Zicore
25 Deepak
25 CunningCubob
25 Bepe
25 Ben LeFebre
25 KK
Note: I am not trying to start an argument, brag, or anything. I am just defending my name against what was said (nothing more) and only on what was said.

>_>

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I thought we were teaming JS!! You were teaming with Puff and Spikes behind my back??!?! WE COULD HAVE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL!! :cry::cry:! :cry::cry::cry:

But seriously though, does anyone else need a "last minute" teammate? I decided I'll be going to this even if no one else from Madison is.

Speaking of which, is anyone near Madison planning on coming to this?

James Sparrow

Smash Master
I thought we were teaming JS!! You were teaming with Puff and Spikes behind my back??!?! WE COULD HAVE HAD SOMETHING SPECIAL!! :cry::cry:! :cry::cry::cry:

But seriously though, does anyone else need a "last minute" teammate? I decided I'll be going to this even if no one else from Madison is.

Speaking of which, is anyone near Madison planning on coming to this?
QFT and LOLs

Puffinator

Smash Ace
I could keep arguing like an idiot, or I could just stop and give in.
Ok, I give in. you're right, i lose, Gg, im sent to loser's bracket.
Why spam the boards anymore? I have a teammate now, so who cares. I dont carry grudges on the boards, and i dont plan on carrying a grudge when I see spikes and JS at CC5.
Heck, who else is gonna do the snapple chug or get ticked off when i take his hat?

Are Chansen, SDM, and Zeus coming to this?

vjgyo

Smash Journeyman
Hey, because a couple and only a couple of people are being jerks, this tournament on Friday should be FUN. I'm looking at you, Eighteenspikes and maybe JS. You know what I'm talking about. ;)

As far as me being able to take off work, I decided to take my name off the "I CAN'T WORK THESE DAYS" calendar after Monday's smashfest. Nobody will ask me to be the only one to stay behind and watch stuff while everyone else can go eat or whatever, and nobody is going to call me a b*tch. Nobody is going to continue bringing up the cars on Onett because oh noes, that's the only reason I won a match against JS. Nobody is going to cry and bemoan about switching partners. It's called disrespect. I and some of my teammates get nothing but disrespect out of a couple of Appleton newbies. Why do you think I act cranky and snooty around you few (you know who you are)? That, and why should I put money into someone's tournament that will result in a bunch of complaints, not many setups, and overall, a big waste of time?

Sorry. I'm putting my foot down. I ban all CC related events. Time to counterpick with something else, kids.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
LOL is this what I think you're talking about? Because that would be hilarious. I could see what I could do in those respects if it is indeed what I am thinking.

Mundungu

Smash Lord
I can still bring two cubes and a TV. I will only have one copy of smash, unless Marth101 remembers to bring my copy.

Puffinator

Smash Ace
Hey, because a couple and only a couple of people are being jerks, this tournament on Friday should be FUN. I'm looking at you, Eighteenspikes and maybe JS. You know what I'm talking about. ;)
ZOMG SHE'S BRINGING SILLY STRING

Zicore: "hey...airy..wanna play?"
Puffinator: "yeah ur just kindof sitting there"
Zicore: "why are u...not talking?"
Airy: "Well, because spikes isnt here"

Wth does that even mean -_- We weren't rude or obnoxious at all, yet u just sat there with this flat look on ur face -_-,. Zicore can back me up on this one.

Why shouldn't we ask u to stay and do nothing while we eat, if thats what u were doing in the first place? -_- We tried being friendly, u refused to talk. When we asked u what to do with the T.V. as soon as you came in, u refused to talk. Wth more can we do? Give you candy and the first place tourny prize?

caleb can we smash wednesday after the the half day of finals?

Top Bottom