• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CC5 Appleton, Wisconsin Friday June 8th Chimeras

TOYC

Smash Cadet
Thanks alot caleb for putting on a pretty great tournament. I really couldn't ask for a better first experience. I came in and almost **** my pants when Spikes 8 stocked me right off the bat, but i wanna thank Tongji for being there to raise my self esteem level from about a 3 to around 647. Im really sry bout that man, i know you are a ton better than me but i guess everyone gets lucky once in a while, (hell this one chick that was playing Magic was actually checkin vino out), but i had a lot of fun and can't wait for CC6. TOYC Out...

KirbySSB

Smash Ace
Tapion - too good, seriously
KSSB - yay
Spikes - you shouldn't have given up! That was a 60 dollar match you threw away
JS - that's twice you've beaten hayate now
Mundungu - WOW you got good recently
Black Hayate - it would be nice if you didn't flip me off every time I beat you in a tournament
Quaz - GOOD STUFF. your peach rocks
Lonejedi - Great tournament!
Marth101 - technical as always, good stuff, we didn't get to play though.
Toecutter - ganon is awesome
Ben (Earl) - ganon is really awesome
Puffinator - good stuff
EOF - http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2447346#post2447346
Tongji - mewwwwwwtwo mewwwwwtwo
Alcheato - you have a sweet doc. i'm glad you came all the way up
TOYC - peach's castle can work against you sometimes!
Bzzl - Ness *****
Tar - you almost beat mundungu
Sago - glad you made it, too bad fade + devy didn't
Krst - i thought peach's castle was banned but I dunno. you did pretty good
Zicore - thanks for the ride, we need to find a copy of banjo kazooie
Mike - you will improve if you keep playing
Suxxor - you're the luigi guy yea? its very good, truly.

Zicore

Smash Champion
Tapion - yeah, yeah, Tapion FTW. But seriously, you **** too hard. As always, fun talking, but we didn't get to play friendlies =( Oh well, there is always CC5 or CC6 or whatever it is now =/
KSSB - yay for Banjo Kazooie =) And for the Pizza =)
Spikes - God **** dude =) **** in teams, **** in singles, **** in "crews"...you are loads of fun to play. Hopefully you can make it down here for our toruny =)
JS - Nice job beating Hayate. And Puff in "crews"... good times
Mundungu - ASKLJLFJALKJ WHERE THE HELL DID THIS COME FROM?!?!?!?!?!?!?!one You ***** my entire team that I can play with. Nice job, truely. AND YOU TIED WITH BLACK HAYATE?!?!?!?! ZOMG!
Black Hayate - Your mind-game dolls are...interesting...but funny. And I love the commentary for the finals.
Quaz - ZOMG! GOOD SHTUFF! You have improved TONS x 10 since FC. Nice job!
Lonejedi - Dude...I am not going to say anything negative because it will only cause us to hate each other more. I will say good job in singles and teams, and good job getting people to your tourny. I had a boat load of fun there.
Marth101 - Your falcon is ****. You fox is **** too. Nice job in teams.
Toecutter - You ganon in really good. I wish I could have played you more. I just want to say that you are better then me now. I have not played you a lot, but now that I at least PLAYED you...you are better.
Ben (Earl) - ZOMFG! YOU ARE TEH **** WITH GANON! YOU ARE COMING TO FC WITH ME! EAT AND **** CHILDREN BECAUSE HE DIDN"T USE THE BUCKET!!!!!11!1!1!1one
Puffinator - I used to think you were a noob, but now I know that you KICK ***! Tons of fun, and good 25 cent/koolaid mm. We need to keep doing Zelda vs Puff. Great matches and congrats in singles. ****!
EOF - this game blows
Tongji - good stuff. Nice talking to you, and TOYC cheats. Marth is a hack. Go Mewtwo. KUDOS FOR MAINING MEWTWO!!!!!
Alcheato - I didn't know you at first, but I watched you play Spikes, and ****! I was really impressed. You have a lot of skills to keep up with Spikes' doc. Major Kudos.
TOYC - Mewtwo > Marth =) But seriously, good stuff.
Bzzl - God **** dude. I guess you got your revenge on me from HJ4. Your Ness is amazing. Keep up the pwning.
Tar - AT BK! YOU GOT IT!
Sago - fun mm. We need to do it again! Nice job beating me in pools.
Suxxor - ANOTHER GOOD LUIGI?!?!?!?! WOO! Nice job getting miss-fire on Sparrow in "crews". Made me chuckle.
Jason - Nice fox. VERY VERY VERY Technical. Crazy crap. Keep practicing, and you will be as good as Tapion.

BZZL

Smash Apprentice
Well I didn't do as well in the tourney as I hoped, but bad pool/seeds will do that >.<
On the other hand, I had a GREAT time with all the matches outside of tournament games.

Plus, I got the added bonus of finding out that apparently I've been turned into an expletive. :laugh:

Zicore - That round against your Peach was intense! I wanna play more against her next time we get the chance. (thanks for the comment, btw)
Tonji - wtf how can Mewtwo be that good >.< You're MINE next time!
Haus- sorry ya couldn't stay for more, man. We need to smash soon.
Tapion- Thanks for the friendly. It was good to play against a great Fox without the pressure o the tournament behind it. The coaching you were giving the Luigi before me actually helped me a lot, too.
Lone- Don't worry about the low-tier, I was feeling like I'd had enough smash for the day, anyway. Nice tournament, much better than what I remember of CC4. Just don't screw me over with pools/seeds next time :p
Chrono- Nice Puff you have goin' there!
JS- Curse your Fox. >.< Pity there wasn't a low-tier tourney, I wonder if I coulda beat your DK?
18Spikes- good to see ya, too bad we didn't get to play, I don't think.
Puffinator- Good to finally be able to put a face to your name! Awesome puff, you got there.
Xtra- you look weird with short hair. But then again I did the same thing about 1 1/2 years ago. :D

To anyone else whose name I didn't catch but had a friendly with, good games!
(Luigis rule)
(the Ness ditto was awesome, but I forgot who you were! speak up!)

Cheers everyone, watch out for the BZZL at HJ5 if not sooner!

Black Hayate

Smash Lord
i hate typeing so i'll only do the important ones

jeff-sorry i do this bad yesterday, i seriously sucks. and you need yo learn how to use a shopsticks @_@

sparrow-i need to see that video after you are done, i done want everything on there @_@ and i lost because the name tag, and i forget my mind game on another table *_*

lone-shut up son (sparrow knows what i'm talking about) @_@

spike-I'll find a drum kit that works before hj5, and i think i need the website that said all the drum kit that works @_@

EOF-i spoke currect english, GASP!! Gary learn english first time in 6 years @_@

kssb-i pretty much sucks, but i think i should just use shiek against you from the beginning. and you should let me sand bag your marth for the footage.

xtra-how the hell did you get that good

Ben-you didn't laugh at me @_@

puff-i think i was doing better against you then everyone else

mundoungu-you are getting too good, seriously, your fox is doing better then mine

i think i need to go pratice for like 2 weeks non-stop eventhough i hate doing that.

very important facts, the day i got mind games is the day i become the best @_@
because i DON'T have mind games

also my name is now offically PINK HOTO

and i think i take the wrong controller, does anyone got the controller that is not his?

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
in order of results, taking out myself and people I don't know

Tapion - Good matches, thanks for coming over, it was fun :) Congrats on your wins. Rrow!
KSSB - After the 2nd game I could tell the set wasn't going anywhere, so no worries. I'm not letting that set get to me, however, I do understand that I'm not ready to beat you yet. Even though I stopped trying on Cruise when I could have maybe had that game, you would have just ended the set after that :p Maybe next time :)
JS - Nice stuff, overall you played really well in all 3 parts of the tourney. Good job with the commentary too. I really wish I could have heard all of your interview with Black Hayate, it looked hilarious. Get those uploaded :)
Mundungu - nice placement, especially nice job on besting the powerhouse that was Quaz. I can tell you deserved that placement though... FD was an unlucky random against me but you almost clinched that awesome comeback on DL64. We should have played some friendlies at my house, but it was a bit hectic :psycho:
Black Hayate - yea as soon as you find that midi adaptor I guarantee you we will play some Session. Also nice mindgames. And that picture of you with the freshener made my day :laugh:
Quaz - Man, you were a beast yesterday! Beating Jason and Lonejedi in two sets, taking out Marth101 in loser's, going stock for stock against Tapion in crews, and overall playing really well. Rufus would be proud :cry:
Lonejedi - crouch cancel ftl
Marth101 - I apologize again for being outrageously homosexual in our tourney match, it had to be done :(
Toecutter - never played you, I watched a bit of your DK though, looked nice. I don't think we have played since before CC4 when you guys were at my house...
Ben (Earl) - i have noodles.
Puffinator - you have pickles.
EOF - nice to see you at another tourney, our teams matches were the closest of the whole day, IMO that was the best set in the whole teams tourney. Congrats on 2nd in teams, not really congrats on 13th in singles :(
Tongji - dude, how could you lose that set? LOL. My advice: from now on, don't bring out a new secondary in a tournament until after you win the first game. I told you though, it wouldn't really make a difference in how your bracket looks.
Alcheato - those dittos were really fun :chuckle: gg's, and hope you can come to HJ5.
TOYC - gj on 2nd seed I guess :psycho:
Bzzl - You'll never get away from foxes :urg:
Sago - Good games, your doc is coming along. I look forward to seeing your improvement at the next tournament :)
Krst - Since Krst doesn't use smashboards this is pretty much just going to be an extension of my shoutout to Mundungu but: Krstungu was great! I take back what I said about our games with EoF/KSSB, the set against Tongji and Nook was absolutely intense and probably the most fun to watch. Mundungu taking off 6 stock 2v1 to win game 2 and leaving all of game 3 to hang in the balance of Krst was downright suspenseful.
Chronosquare - we didn't MM :(
Nook - didn't play you either :(
Chris - You play well for this having been your first tournament, you should have really spent more time playing new people though :ohwell:
Sync - it was a lot of fun having you over, fun matches too. Maybe next time you'll have a voice..
Zicore - we'll $1 random MM next tourney. Nice Zelda in crews :laugh:
PIG - "Is Puffinator Is Gay here?" :laugh:
Andrew - I saw you doing pretty good in some friendlies, didn't get to play you though. Nice having ya over.
Suxxor - Props to your luigi, that match was pretty fun :chuckle:

:016:

BZZL

Smash Apprentice
Bzzl - You'll never get away from foxes
:016:
Yeah, I know. I think I need to find a good nearby fox to practice against regularly. (I mean Haus isn't bad with him, but he's not near a tournament level Fox yet)
Do you know anyone close?

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
Yeah, Marth101 dabbles in Fox. It's not his main but it's probably the best in the area. Maybe if you come to my house more often to smash... ;)

by the way I like how you quoted the Taubsi :laugh: :laugh:

Tapion013

Smash Lord
There are gonna be some embarrassing moments of me put on youtube shortly.... I'll be hiding in my hole until it's over...

Good tournament everyone. I basically gave my shouts at the tournament, soo... yeah good tournament, hope everyone had a good time... except Jason I know he didn't... makes me sad :(

prrrow?

Mundungu

Smash Lord
This was a really fun tourney, much better than CC4. It was good to see most of WI could make it even though it was on a Friday. Typing practice time:

Tapion - Grats on winning another tourney. It looks like switching to fox definately paid off, especially against space animals. We should play some more friendlies next time we're the only two people at a tourney :grin:
KSSB - Grats on second in singles and teams. You are still way out of my league, and your falco is still getting better.
Hank - Great job on 3rd in singles and teams! Your doc is definately getting a lot better. We should play friendlies at the next tourney. Our games are always good times and pretty close (at least when there's platforms:urg:).
JS - Wow, your falco has gotten so good. The laser spam is too much for me. Fun games after the tourney, especially the teams matches.
Black Hayate - Fun matches, we should definately play some more dittos next time. Work on your mind game!
Lone Jedi - Good to finally play you! You've definately got a really good shiek. Great job on running the tourney this time around.
Quaz - Nice job yesterday! You are so much better when you keep your composure. We had some more amazing tourney matches again. I felt like the pressure was on me this time. Grats on first seed in a tough pool.
Marth101 - As always, fun friendlies. The shine spike / jab wars are too good :laugh:
Toecutter - Good to play you again. We haven't played since I was a noob. You've definately got a good gannon, and our tourney matches were really close.
Ben (Earl) - Good to see you at another tourney. Stick with gannon next time! Thanks for not making animal noises on the way to fondy :chuckle:
Puffinator - Looks like you had a really tough bracket... But yea, fun friendlies.
EOF - Good to play you for the first time. Grats on 2nd in teams. I'm not sure what it is, but once you get the suicides under control, you'll have a much better time at tournaments.
Tongji - Don't let that loss in pools get to you, it happens to everybody. Sometimes tiers > skill :ohwell:. Keep working on your falco, you'll need a good secondary with a mewtwo main. Anyway, that was by far the closest and best teams match I've ever been in. Every game was down to a 1v1, too good :psycho:
Alcheato- Didn't get to play you, but good to see you there anyway. We'll have to play at quad nair. Nice doc.
TOYC - Didn't get to play you, but nice showing for your first tournament. It looks like you've got some good mind games, just need to work on your tech.
Bzzl - Nice ness, and fun pool match. You just need to play fast characters more often.
Tar - Nice doc! You had some amazing DI in our first game. You would have won if you didn't mess up that last edge guard.
Sago - Still haven't played you, it looks like you're getting a lot better though. We'll have to play next time.
Krista - Nice job in teams! We were a bit shaky our first match, but after that we were working really well together. Your spacing with marth is definately on, tipper after tipper. Just need to get some better tech / arial game. Sooo close to 5th in teams :(
Nook - Nice save in our teams match. You're definately improving, we'll have to play next time!
Sync - Nice fox. Your tech is definately down, you just need some tourney experience. Pepperoni?
Zicore - I still owe you an all random MM! You should definately stick with peach, she's your best character.
Andrew - Your shiek is getting good, especially your combos. You just need to be more confident in tourney matches, and deal with the pressure better.
Suxxor - Yay, a Wisconsin luigi! Apparently you live in Madison? If so, we should play sometime!

Quaz

Smash Master
shouts

tapion - if you ever play falcon again, I will kill you, stop swtiching mains all the time! *quits marth and mains him the next day*

kssb - we didn't get to play a full match! =( but we will soon... I hope, but you had a tourney to play, congratulations on second place

18 spikes - first I beat you in a $1 mm on thurs night 2-0.. then we play 2 matches this morning and you 3 stock me both times :dizzy: I guess that pokemon stadium john is legit??

James Sparrow - ok so I was thinking your DK would be fine in crews... I just won't pick you in crews anymore.. >_>

Black hayate aka pink hoto - we didn't play or talk much but I hear you werent on your game or something? I guess it happens to all of us...

Mundunguu - you're ONLY better because you use fox ;) lol seriously though very nice, you've made such a huge improvement

Lone - lone I really suck at this game I shouldn't have beat you I shouldnt have beat anyone what the hell is wrong with this world?! ...pssst... its all mindgames...

Quaz - ...**** peach player

puffinator - bracket *****? I think you deserve a little higher than 9th I guess idk... your puff was giving me a hard time overall.. not bad in teams? IF ONLY ETHAN DIDN'T GO FOX :urg:

Marth101 - I personally didn't think I'd beat you on mute city, but I guess peach ***** falcon there more than I expect, nice games

Toecutter - finally got you play you again! your ganon is awesome, I only gave you a hard time at some points because of stage (fountain of dreams = high risk of dsmash ****)

Ben - wow, you're still really good at this game even after not playing for a while.. you still **** me in plenty of matches with plenty of chars

Element of Fire - uhm yeah idk how I beat you but I guess it happens... I guess you're really quitting smash now huh?

Tongji - ouch for the lost against TYOC.. but it happens... we didn't get to play either, next time we will.. you and sync are TWINS!!

Alcheato - hey good to see you make it, you were like the only IL player there LOL

TOYC- 13th? 2nd seed in pools? we should have played!!

Sync - MAN was it rough in our pool... overall I think you deserve a higher spot but no puffinator has to be GAY!!

bzzl - your ness was giving me a hard time! peach just wont die.. thats the major factor on why I beat you, ggs!

sago - sorry we couldn't play... next time!!

Zicore - we didn't get to play either, but **** even you're a better crew captain than I am :laugh:

Andrew - I will do my best to teach you how to fight other chars, and I gotta teach you how to not crouch cancel a dsmash like lone.. ROFL.. but you also gotta play more people too! I understand you enjoy the game victorious or not tho, so glad you came with and had fun ^^

Puffinator

Smash Ace
SHOUTOUTS
Just one

Tapion-I left harvest moon in ur car :( keep it safe until next time i see you

good tourny, sry for those wanting low tier

zack152

Smash Journeyman
SHOUT OUTS YAYAYAYA

Tapion- Thanks for coming over the night before to play with me and vino, and congrats on
1st for both teams and singles.

Mike- Zac, fun time, glad you could make it, like I said to chris, come to the bi-weeklies, you'll vastly improve from there.
KK- You left early lame.

Sounds like fun, tell me when you get them set up =D

krst

Smash Rookie
Hello hello all. Yes I am on the boards but more so as a happy reader. Anyways, thanks to everyone for letting me play/convincing me to play and then not laughing too hard when you completely pwned me.

Mundungu you rock. It was crazy fun and your comebacks were pretty amazing. I'm sorry about not being able to hold up my side at the end. 5th place would have been sweet and you deserve a much better partner.

So KSSB.... perhaps I'll walk over to your house sometime and you can better educate me in the ways of smash. yes.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
Hello hello all. Yes I am on the boards but more so as a happy reader. Anyways, thanks to everyone for letting me play/convincing me to play and then not laughing too hard when you completely pwned me.
Why would we laugh at you? We've all been in the exact same position as you, and we all know that the only way to actually get better is to litterally get owned by someone over and over and over. Besides, I'm sure everyone there didn't mind it :-P

Glad you had fun at the tournament and I hope you become another good wisconsin smasher like the rest of us.

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
Hey all it's shoutout time! woot!

N00k- dude we be pimpin it up in the teams lolz high+low tier=God Tier lolz
Mudungu- dude the team games were definatly epic!! we definatly should play some more friendlies.
Mudungu's partner- Sorry I don't know your name but hey you definatly have a solid marth. Keep up the good work!
Vino- i almost had you in the puff v m2 match!! Keep up the jiggs work man don't pick up fox lolz (sorry for the loss of your harvest moon :()
Zicore- dude sick zelda as always and why didn't you stay for singles?
Sago- hey nice doc. Sorry that we had to play twice :( YOur doc is definatly improving just kep practicing.
Spikes- Dude as usuall great and close matches!! We should definatly MM sometime.
TOYC- Dude no hard feelings, sorry I flipped out on you like that. I have to hand it to you tho that was a sweet strat and I have to say that Im going to ned a counter for it. ;) Keep practicing. Your marth is getting a whole lot better.
Toecutter- zomg your gannon is teh **** on teh mewtwo. Great games man.
tapion- thanks for all of your mind games lolz
JS- thanks for all of that help with the double blaster from the edge NOT! lolz anyway great games and your falco is awsome. Your dk has definatly gotten better, it's sweet to see you pick him up. MM my m2 v your dk sometime?? Also did you like the win me and n00k had on poke floats? jk
Quaz- dude nice playin at the turny man. Your definatly rockin the house!! we should get some friendlies in!
Sync- what can I say were twins. kind of like those two freaky girls in the shining. lolz
KSSB- dude didn't get a chance to play you however you looked great inthe finals
Lone- Dude once again we didn't get to play. However great turny and I cannot wait till CC6!!!

Ok I think that I got everyone, If I missed you im so sorry :(

Other than that I have one last thing to say. In the near future ie. july there is going to be a turny in GB at a local LAN center. I am going to have doubles, singles and a LOW TIER turny. woot!
XD

Zicore

Smash Champion
Zicore- dude sick zelda as always and why didn't you stay for singles?
I did...I lost right away to Ben and then BZZL =( THANKS FOR BRINGING IT UP AGAIN :urg:

:chuckle: JK! I didn't mind...and besides...WHY DIDN'T YOU STAY FOR CREWS?!?!?!?!

Tapion013

Smash Lord
tapion- thanks for all of your mind games lolz
To be honest tongji, the reason why I didn't really bother going in depth is because you refused to acknowledge that anything I was doing out of experience was worth trying. I would do a couple moves and you would tell me not to do it, which to me was sort of telling me you didn't want my help because you knew more than me. Why bother helping someone who knows more than you right?

Hope you had a good tournament, and good luck with your mewtwo

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
??? Tapion??? I didn't want to try and come off like that....... Im just saying that there are limitations as to what m2 can do. Some moves are only usefull in some situations.
Tapion I will totally acknolage that you are a better player than me. Your m2 is better than mine. In fact your skill playing ANY character is far greater than mine. I know that I am a n00b and my m2 is n00bish and not very good. The only reason I do half as well with him is because no one knows how to play him. What you were showing me tho was against all I have seen/learned from the m2 boards. idk it just seemd that in some cases some of the moves would have been suicide. You said try and be more random, and I assure you that I will try that. after I got back from the turny I watched alot of your matches online and then went to mlg pro and watched other pros. I think that I may have picked up on something, about just playing the game in general. Hopefully I will be able to show you in the near future.
For now Tapion please accept my deepest apologies. I never ment to sound like im "good" in any way shape or form at this game. I would like to thank you for taking the time to talk to me for that little while even though I was unresponsive.

About me not telling you to do some of the moves, i honestly don't remember what moves I would call you out on. However I will agree once again that I did quite a few times say don't use that move. The only thing that is coming to mind is me using teleport. You stated that I was too predictable (once again I will agree) and said insted use air doge. (I apologize in advance if I accidentially twisted your words in any way) I said to you that air doge was just as bad becasue you only go a short distance, and even with fast falling m2 still takes awhile to get to the ground. My only concern in that while you were FF to the ground a fox player would have no trouble doing a dash cancled Fsmash and kill you at 80%.

As for my shoutouts- I was referring to your doll. Not in anyway your tutalege. Which I didn't have a problem with at all. In fact I thought that it was interesting how you were connecting with some interesting move choices at times that I would have thought to use a differn't move.

Tapion once again I apologize and admit that I did think that when it came to mew two i thought that I new more than you. However I realize that I am very very wrong.

:(

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the dub post but. Zicore I didn't know how your singles had turned out sorry :(

As for crews, I don't belong to any. me and n00k are the only GB smashers.......Unlesss Im missing something.......???????

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Tapion: Congrats on winning everything! I don't think people give you enough credit, with the skill level of the area going up so much, it's gotta be hard to stay on top. You've been repeatedly proving you're up to the task. Rawr.

KSSB: I am so disappointed in my play against you in the tournament, I feel like I brought my C game when we played. I can tell when playing you that you've got a great mental grasp of the game, you know what's going on about 4 or 5 actions in advance... or at least that's what it seems like. I'd like to get a lot more games 1 on 1 against you, it seems most of our meetings are in 2v2 settings. I feel like I could really learn a lot from you. Great job on 2nd place in singles and teams! BTW, I have your snake.

Spikes: 3rd place awesome! I choked in the loser's semi's... both 2 stocks? ew... I shouldn't blame it all on myself though, you were playing your top notch game all day (until you played KSSB i guess... seemed a little unenthusiastic then). I really like how teams went, and I think DK will be becoming more and more common for me.

Mundungu: Great placing Mundungu. I didn't have a chance to see any of your games besides the one where you played me, but really good job. I enjoyed the friendlies we had at Steve's house. I really need Ganon practice. You should play your Ganon more he's good!

Black Hayate: Thanks for the interview! The video is coming along pretty nicely, I would say it's about 60% complete after working on it all day yesterday.

Quaz: You did really well in the tourny. Who all did you beat to get this high of a placing?

Lonejedi: This tournament was probably the most smoothly run of the CC series, so good job.

Ben: You get my vote for funniest smasher. Great times at Hank's house.

Tongji: I was going to help you but you were too busy correcting Tapion.

Sync: WTF happened, lange told me you were going to get like 4th.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
Tongji: The reason you should air dodge is for a couple reasons. For one. Teleporting horizontally is predictable, the only way to teleport in place is to go straight to the ground... You know the lag after that, and it's less than after an air dodge. Plus after an air dodge, if need be, you can still be facing the stage even after you air dodge towards the edge to grab the ledge if need be. If you teleport, no you cannot.

You also told me "Never use back air as your first move it's terrible." Meanwhile that move is his only move that actually spans a large enough area to hit someone, not to mention if not fast falled, can be double jump canceled before hitting the ground in to a retreating back air for a more defensive manuever. You know how that move works, just think about how a space animal is gonna be able to shffl his way through a retreating back air with that much spread.

I don't know what you discovered while watching videos, but I never tell anyone to be more random, just learn a variety of manuevers in case the ones you're working aren't effective. The same gameplan does not work against everyone, which is why against some people all I do is move fast and overwhelm, while against others I sit and wait them out. That should be common sense to a mewtwo player, but I'm just clarifying it.

Anyway, there's no need to apologize, but you also need to know that very very very very very very very very very VERY few people in character specific forums know what they're talking about. You see umbreon, taj, or maybe even mookie rah post, then fine, pay attention to it. If it contradicts me, that's also fine. I played Sync's fox who apparently beat J_S's donkey kong, and after playing mine he lost a best of three, two were two stocks. After the matches he said "You don't play anything like J_S at all... losing to DK makes me sad" I take that as one of two ways, I see uses in moves that no one else does, or my prediction abilities are that much better. I would like to believe it's the first.

Anyway, my point is is that my experience gives me a lot of validity over the character specific people in the mewtwo forums. I think the fact alone that I said if they hit the top of your shield falco can't pillar you is enough to prove I know the game when J_S was complaining about his pillaring not working later. I was planning on going over specific scenarios against characters at CC5, but did feel like you were going to contradict most of my suggestions after the "don't use that move" So I figured I'd keep it universal instead of mewtwo specific. If there's ever a tournament we're both at again, I'll still be willing to offer you help, but you can't be saying that kind of stuff. You want my help, take my help. You want a reason for my move choices I'll give it, if you have reasons why I shouldn't, I'll more than likely accept them or tell you why not. Just let me know.

Sorry for the long post. Still a great tournament everyone.

Tapion013

Smash Lord
good job tapion, you should come to pound
if it wasn't so expensive to go out there I would. Besides I'm not even that good anymore, and I feel because of my financial situation, I don't feel I will be able to get any better.

Plus I have a graduation party to get to that day, which is why I can't even go to the tournament I'm hosting that day :'(

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
Thankyou so much for your consideration tapion. I am always willing to listen to a more skilled smasher. I am sorry that I was being way to cocky about M2. And if your willing im always willing to learn more. thx again man
~Ben

Sago

Smash Lord
Great Tournament Jedi. Thanks for all the shout out until now the best ive gotn is hey sago i liked your sweatshirt :( but anyways it was great ...shout out time

Spikes-My Friendly against you were incredibley helpful ive already improved my tech skill by alot and my edge guard and l cancels are doing about 3 times better, i want a roy dito mm from you!

JS- You have a very impressive falco and you seem like a pretty funny guy, im sad we didnt get to play!!

Mundungu- WoW youve improved, i cant believe this is 2 tournaments in a row we didnt get to play!!

Tapion-mmm dinner was really good next time i want to tr wassabi( never had it)

Quaz- WOW..thats alll i can saw

Lonejedi- Excellent tournament!!

Marth101- I almost cried when i found out you were in my pools but i had fun faceing you

Puffinator- I only got 1 friendly with you and i played terribley next time your mine.

EOF- SD much?

Tongji- WoW tongji next time we meet you wont win i guarentee!!!!!!

Bzzl- Very impressive ness...tho i never expected to say that sentence in my life

Sync - wow man your fox is realy great, it was an honor teaming with you, sorry i played so poorly...you were totaly carrying the team!

Zicore- haha i bet you next thought youd see the day that sago beat you in a tournament!! especialy since like 2 months ago you were 4 stocking me

Suxxor- LUIGI GUY....you had a very nice luigi and devy already started picking up some of youur tricks...great friendlys

KK- You left early lame.

Top Bottom