• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cataclysm 3 Results - Full Teams and Singles results up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elen

Smash Lord
The Mushroom Kingdom one where I just camped the middle and downsmashed and PC got killed by the Donkey Kong that just kept throwing him into the left side of the stage?

Edit: They were N64 (Pikachu man ^o^) and his friend, a DK.
That's the match! It totally made my day. Thanks for the info ^.^

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Best moment evar:

Velocity beats Kiwii in the card game speed.

Velocity: YEEEEEEEESSSSSS!!!! *gets up on the table and yells out loud while pointing at Kiwii*
IN YOUR FACE!!!!!
IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!!!!!!
Kiwii: O_o NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Good stuff.

Chu dat should be named F*g dat. For F*g dat ***** out. Seriously. Wobbles = too good.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
about the seeding, there was no way for us to know who is crewmates with who aside from going on these boards 24/7 and memorizing who's in what crew. we did what we could / who we knew about, aside from that it was mostly random

JFox

Smash Hero
I had more fun playing some in these two days than ever in my life...

Shoutouts-

THE YYYYYEGGEM VAN!

Eggm-Thanks for pullin threw and helpin us out to get there. You are such an amazing player, crazy tech skills, and your mindgames and tactics are getting so much better so quickly. Nice job getting 1st in the van- GO YEGGEM!!. lol @ you never shutting up about Foward. Forward ftw.

Riek- You're a really cool guy, and an amazing smasher. Those games in the hotel room were too much fun. You are the juggernaut king. Unfortunately I have to give Doyoung the title of king of the mountain...err snowhill.

Treble- Are you going to a basketball game?? LOL good effin times. You are SOOO good. Way to go in tourney, you did really well. You are incredible, its not even fair. I can't wait til everyone realizes how good you are.

Mikeman- Good times man, I had so much fun with you. Too bad we didn't get blasted in the hotel, it'll happen sometime soon. I have so much respect for your new found fox skillz. I can't wait to play you again.

Cradmazy_Skag- Way to rep Link all the way through. Never give up, and keep on truckin. One day soon you are gonna be kickin my ***. Good times this weekend, I'm so glad it all worked out.

DoYoung2Win- Do you want to win! Dude, soo sorry they messed up and left you outa singles. You would kicked some ***. I can't beat your fox anymore, and I'm really angry.

JACK GETS HIS OWN SPOT!

Samusexplorer- Easily the most funny guy at this tourney. So many good matches. You are a good man. I had fun kickin your *** while you were hung over. Too bad you sobered up and started beating me. Teams were soo funny, I loved it.

OTHERS!

WoZ- The magic man! Your mindgames are so powerful you can control peoples mind. I still haven't figured that trick out. I love watchin it every time though. Don't worry about your placement, you just got unlucky. No big deal.

Kiwii- Good meeting you, you are so funny. Fux fux fux. lol, you maryland kids. I had fun playin teams and I'm glad we got one game in before I left.

Wife- What was with that lame MM. I was owning your Falco and than all of my tech skills died outa no where. Next time I promise not to suck so bad. lol at that grizzly thing. You're crazy.

Husband- So impressed by the way you played man. Way to turn it way up.

Lord Knight- Wow...wow. Lol you're crazy....I love it.

M2k- Great job, I knew you could do it. Glad you brought your Fox back. This is the first, with many many more to come.

PC Chris- So much respect for this man. Such a good guy. I don't even care about smash when I say that you are one of the greatest people guys out there.

KDJ- CHRIST BANANAS you are good. You're ability offensive abilities are like none other. And your Marth is CRAZY good. I can't believe how quickly you picked up Marth, and than took out Chu. It's too bad I didn't get to play you. You owe me a friendly.

D1- Stop avoiding me! I want a Fox ditto!!

Velocity- You're a beast man. I need to play you more.

y2kBakura, WoZ, & Zoso- I appreciate the efforts. I'm sorry it was in vain but I'd like to let you know I appreciate it so much. I am happy it all worked out.

Slippery Pete- You're a great guy. Don't give up, you're gettin there.

Pakman on Crack- You're effin luigi is amazing. Good Y.Link too, we gotta ditto more.

Mages- Great tourney. I can't wait for the next one.

Everyone else- You're all awesome.

Brookman

Smash Hero
the only person with a hard bracket was mew2king, and he won the tournament. So no johns noobs.

Winners' bracket
Bye
Defeated alejandrop
Defeated zoso
Defeated cort
Defeated forward
Defeated pc chris
Defeated ChuDat
Defeated koreandj

rawsex88

Smash Ace
i don't really want to do shoutoutz, but i feel like doing one in particular.

DIREVULCAN: My kind of guy right there. you are pretty effin cool yourself. i really look foward to hanging out with you period. =)

everyone else i didn't mention.... LMAO! (jk, i'll do it later)

MikeMan445

Smash Journeyman
I had to face N64 first. My 2nd loss was my own fault though -_-;;

Btw Skler, was I one of the Link mains you were talking about? I think I saw another Link player. It was probably you.
You, skler, and bill (cradmazy) were the only links I saw.

Other than forward busting out his link, lol

cradmazy_SKAG

Smash Ace
I had to face N64 first. My 2nd loss was my own fault though -_-;;

Btw Skler, was I one of the Link mains you were talking about? I think I saw another Link player. It was probably you.
yoshipal, i dont believe that i met you.

i thought Aiser and Skler were the only other links there.

although i had several people come up and ask me if i was Skler :laugh:

:urg: wish i got to play u...

Skler

Smash Master
Yoshipal, I was blue Link if you remember what color you saw. I also used the tag SKLR in the tourny whenever I had a tag.

This makes 2 more Links I have to ditto, Yoshipal and Forward!

Kais

Smash Ace
Skler...seriously. Make a new account named "Skyler".

SHOUTS-

SOLAR: girlfriend, sweet.

**** Tom: You crazy sonuva *****, you're speech before singles was hilarious. Good job bringing the edge back to the last day of the tourney.

KDJ: Second still kicks ***, you did an amazing job. M2K's Marth makes me cry.

Chu Dat: Sorry I called you a *****. I really am.

Skler: Namechange, good ****, too bad we've never really played.

Matt.Zeb: WTF@ teams man, you played well but come to more MSTs *****.

Ken: lolsanchez

BoxmanX: I masturbate to your pictures on Myspace.

Darc: Why did you rest him 7 times? That's so cheap. Stop hiding behind my couch.

Dazwa: So much funny **** happened those two days, I can't even remember it all. Good times...Cat4 will be the ****. HE SKEETS SILVA!

IronChief: Why are you so awesome? Ty for driving all us *****es. I'll drive for Cat4. That was easily the best tournament I've ever been to, thanks a **** load.

JFox: So, you're JFox, huh? That's literally exactly what I thought when I realized I was playing you.

ZoSo: I'm actually enjoying 1984 now, it's pretty **** sweet. Too bad we didn't play. Thanks for saying goodnight to me.

RedSoxFan: Amazing? I think yes. Your couch was surprisingly comfortable.

I'm Derek: No, I'm Derek.

The Mages: Good f ucking ****.

Maybe I'll have more later? If not, see you guys at Cat 4 this summer.
F uckin' come to Maine already...

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
lol. I wouldn't say bracket screwed. More like just a little bad luck.

Brookman: It's plain to see that there were plenty of decent of players that got extremely low placings. Something that probably wouldn't have happened if there had been pools. That's all some people are trying to say.

For example, I had to play Cactuar for my first round. One of my good friends and my crew mate.

Can you say lame? lol.

But w/e. It's only a tournament. It's not life.

Did you read that last line Inui?

Kwan

Smash Cadet
first off - awesome tourney. cant wait for cat4

too much stuff happenned during the tourney, and i met so many ppl, so here are my...

abridged shouts (in no particular order):

PC and milktea: Our first teams set was a lot of fun. I openly admit to pulling the ghey card on u guys during the second match, but a low tier team takes whatever it can get... and apparently still loses. Intense matches though, and i hope to play you both in singles in the future.

D1/ Yannick: Those teams friendlies were a lot of fun. completely disgusting yoshis u guys have.

Emmy (i think thats what u said): Way to rock the low tier. nice meeting u, and playing you.

Wes: Those 1v1's at the end of the tourney were by far the most fun 1v1's i played during the 2 days. I wish we could have finished that last match.

m2k/isai team: Not much to say... u ***** donkachu... pretty badly... ow

Forward: Thanks for reminding me why Falco ***** DK. Not that i needed one, but it was refreshing to get my butt whooped so soundly.

PikaPika: ur pika dittos with n64 were sick.

Brookman: as always, its great playing you. Especially on that cube that got reset. who needs unlocked chars anyways - we can live with defaults, and poke stadium, right?....

Cort: Didnt get to play you as much as i wanted to, but thx for kicking my butt again.

Thanks mages for pulling off yet another amazing tourney.

N64, Arcturus, Artery Clogger, and Anthony (i never knew ur alias): troy represent.

Thats all i can remember - sry to everyone i forgot to mention

-out

ZoSo

Smash Champion
A lot of people (Inui) seem to be misunderstanding the purpose of seeding.

Seeding isn't intended to give everybody an easy/fair bracket. That's obviously impossible. It's intended to prevent higher seeds (higher level) players from knocking each other out in the earlier rounds. The only way to do that is to put lesser players between them. Lower seeds face higher seeds in the early rounds. That's how it works. I tend to agree that things like seeding by location and running pools first would have improved the brackets, but some people are just going to get screwed over no matter what. If we had run pools, we merely would've seen a different group of players getting screwed. That said, I think WhiteMage did a pretty ****ed good job, all things considered.

I spoke with him about running pools a few weeks before the tournament. He told me that he wanted to, but had decided against it due to his relative inexperience with the format and in order to ensure that singles would conclude in a timely fashion.

If anyone thinks that they can perfectly seed a bracket from memory, I welcome them to try.

So, to summarize: They had very little to work with and did the best they could. Lighten up.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thank you zoso.

Look guys, I don't know every smasher that attended. There was no way for me to eliminate all bad first round match-ups no matter what I did, and there is no way for anyone else to do so either. I did my best and I'm sorry if that wasn't good enough for you. Next time I will likely be running pools so there will be no more complaints. Well except then people will complain about death pools, blah blah blah. I tried and I'm gunna try harder to do better next time.

One personal gripe about the tournament though. I'd just like to thank Inui for being as much of an asshat in real life as he is on the boards. You are a very disrespectful person and I did not appreaciate any of your comments made during the tournament.

I'd like to do shout-outs for every single person, but that is impossible. I will mention a few who deserve it the most though.

Zoso - Your help made the tournament possible, I much appreciate the work you did and I thank-you again for your efforts.

Redsoxfan - Without your housing this would not have gone off as well, so thank-you for providing as much as anyone could ever ask for.

Blackmage - You stepped it up bigtime this wkend, not only with helping me, but you showed people you know how to play as well. I'm real proud of you man, keep it up.

Bluemage - Your help was invaluable. Getting all the tapes together, doing whatever I asked. You didn't even complain about it. You did a good job this wkend, can't wait to help you in VLS.

Husband/Wife - Thank you guys for your continued support and advice. It's because of you this got off the ground to begin with.

There are more people I can't remember off the top of my head, but I'm still **** tired. The people listed above are the reason I continue to do these tournaments. They make the wkend a total joy, and an experience worth experiencing.

I think overall this went well, with a few bumps that WILL be worked out next time. I'm already working on the next two tournaments, they just don't have dates yet. But things will be a little different. Stay tuned in the coming months for announcements.

- Omegawhitemage

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
****it, why did it have to end so quickly?

I never got a chance to Marth Ditto EVERYONE!!!!

And I must MM omegawhitemage's marth and darc's puff FTW!

N64

Smash Champion
Awesome tourney. I had a ton of fun.
Dire earned title of highest placing low tier in singles (good **** as usual by the way), but donkachu earned highest placing low tier team in doubles. Donkachu ftw.

PC & Milktea - lol MK2. Good matches, my hands were shaking after the first match on FD. Regardless of outcome they were all really fun matches, and I love playing you guys. See ya at the next tourney.

Eggm & treble - Fun teams friendlies. Good singles too, you guys owned me.

Pikapika - "Is that N64?" lol. I hate playing you, I know you'll beat me in whatever tourney I have to face you. I'm not smart enough to do pika dittos, they're too weird. I know what we do for the next tourney. We both sign up under one name, I'll face all the fastfallers and you face all the samuses. We split the rest of the matches. Deal?
p.s. Your pika is malnourished.

Yannick & D1 - Yoshi is too fun to watch. Too fun. That egg chain in team friendlies vs. Rick was amazing.

Rest of WNY - Good to see you guys again. Sorry you got kinda screwed in brackets, it happens.

Wes - We had a couple of good friendlies. Kwan and Arcturus were so psyched after getting to play such fun matches with ya too.

KDJ - Nice job on second in both teams and singles. Those matches vs. M2K were nuts. They were seriously mindblowing.

Cort - Nice work on getting seventh. Didn't doubt you could. I need to get a friendly in vs. your peach sometime.

Wife - Good money match. I hadn't played a peach so good at screwing up my recovery before. It makes the matchup a lot tougher. Hopefully I'll get to play you again sometime.

Spawn - We had some good matches. Once you get used to pika's tricks, shiek v. pika becomes pretty straightforward and not that bad. All pika has is gimps and a couple combos on sheik. Just needle, ftilt, and grab a lot and it's cake.

OWM, OBM, and everyone else who helped host - Well run tourney. It sucks about draft crews, I was really looking forward to them, but it didn't look like there was much that could be done about it. See you all at Cat4. Pools next time!

Anyone I forgot: You rule and I suck.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
god... isai/m2k... m2k is able to team with random people and place high, isai is the GOD of teams. what an unimaginable team, i doubt anything could beat that.

Brookman

Smash Hero
I'd just like to report the largeness of my wang, and how severely I combo everyone into my wang. Fear my 0-**** combos.

Thank you to the mages for holding a marvelous tournament and allowing me to combo everyone from 0% into my wang.

Tremendous amount of gratitude to be given to LK and WoZ for making a return trip to the school to get me, cort, and zoso. <3

Chris and Lil - team too cute? lol <3

Cort - Hey Arnold.

Zoso - eyesuh brek yur shild.

OWM/rest of mages - way to steal my soul :( Great seeing you guys again, didn't play green or g-fab or blacky, but it was good to see the GW again!
I'd like to thank all the cool TSA kids in general, cause you're all so cool.

Coctar - Nice showering with you buddy:lick:

Isai, you look nothing like me, so stop trying to sound like it.

DA guys - you're all so funny, it makes my sides hurt

M2K - so how about that there battle field?

Inui - it was fun watching Omni **** you. up throw, f tilt angled down, knee, LRASt.

Wife and Husband - you guys are too good in teams, though I didn't get any friendly matches with you guys

CT friends - congrats on making it out of CT for once, gosh.

jack - Let down and hanging around, crushed like a bug in the ground.

Congrats to tope on his excellent placing.

Forward - you should learn to use falco to his max speed, and work on your combos. You're combos are good, but they could still be better. Same with PC actually.

Articles of clothing of lost at all the tournaments I've been to: </3

jack - You're on of the most interesting people I've met, with such a keen sense of style too. I suppose I'll see you in the future.

I've lost my way, I've lost my way.

tetralejandrop - Don't I know you guys from somewhere?

CheezWizard - where were you this tourny?

Steve/Jake - thanks for the rides buddies.

Ipod - :(

Willy Wonka - I thought you were gonna win this tourny, but I guess the candy man can't.

Person(s) from Maine:
Aeris Dies

Hayato - Nice to see you buddy

KJ/Darc - nice job beating me :(

Johns- Aw man, I had to play someone half-decent and lost to them, stupid lack of pools :urg::mad:

n64/arc/kwan - nice to see you guys, though I didn't get to play you guys, aside from kwan, who didn't use his ICs at all. :(

to all the marths I played that weren't m2k: you ain't m2k

hey remember that time I upsmashed in real life and fell on my ***?

I'm really tired, so if you aren't in my shout outs I hope you are totally devastated

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

Dazwa - I heared Velocity brought it down on ya, huh?

One day I am gonna grow wings, a chemical reaction, then I'll be good at smash.

Cort - You're a blender.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
ANYONE who had a camera, and got footage of the tournament. Please contact me on AIM Pandattackannon or PM me your info PLEASE. i would really appretiate any extra footage.

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
Yes please!

BlueMage is on the great mission of making the awesomelyest montage ever and he needs your help footage-havers!

Edit: I JUST noticed something

Pac Man plays Luigi?

Hey guy listen up...Luigi is not low tier.

That is an insult to us actual low-tiers.

Nice try though.

Cort

Apple Head
This was the best run tournament I've ever been to.

Thanks a ton to the mages for making it all possible and run as smoothly as things did, and letting them combo everyone into Brookman's wang as hard as everyone was.

Tremendous thanks to Lord Knight driving all the way back to the school to pick ZoSo, Brookman and I up, and WoZ accompanying.

Brookman - Jumping up and down and having your pants drop was great. Cartweels into naps on the gym floor was great. Up smashing in real life and falling on your ass was great.

Cactuar - The last few days have been so lonely. I miss the sound of your breath on my neck, your gentle fingers massaging me gently, your heart beating one with mine... The only real reason I live right now is knowing that I may again see you someday.

Jack - I like you a lot. No, I haven't been tanning. We should hang out more at the next tournament, if only I had social skills and knew what to say to you other than random Radiohead lyrics.

ZoSo - Your cute little dance was actually pretty amazing (where you kinda pivot one leg up at a time and twist your body a little too) Good stuff in the tournament, don't ever ****ing quit.

Chris Szygiel - Can't wait to hang out at your place sometime soon, atleast we all had a ton of fun at this tournament. You're crazy for going FD/Peach vs Mew2King's Marth... >_>

Lil - Getting better and better every single time I see you. Hope to see you again sometime soon.

Dire - Thanks for all the support and talks, and letting me **** the **** out of your Yoshi. I can't touch your GnW though... hopefully we'll play again sometime soon.

KDJ - Let's keep Pichu vs Fox mming, I really like that matchup now. Good shiiiit in the tournament, your attitude is always a big inspiration to me and the way you handle yourself in matches.

Chu - What are YOU fuxing with? I'll come to one of your barbecues sometime.

Omni - Nice meeting you, you're a nice guy (aside from the poo talk when I played Husband.. but hey someone had to do it.) I still <3 you though.

Kaiser - I don't try to be an *** on the boards, good games sort of.

Wife - Very nice re-meeting you and playing. Thanks for all the random talks and sorry I was being such a pansy when it came to draft crews, I should of just sucked it up.

Husband - We still didn't finish our Sheik vs Peach mm. I still remember, you were at 3 stock 38% and I was at 4 stock 98% on Dreamland. Let's finish it sometime. I'm surprised how close our set in tournament was, but it was a good one and pretty exciting and stuff. Good shiit with Wife in teams.

Forward - Very nice playing you (finally). I'm sad I didn't get a taste of your Falco, I prefer Falco lasers to Fox's. They just taste better.

Shminkledorf - Good shiit.

Nus - Good shiit.

Blue - Thanks a ton for the ride back home.

V - Thanks a ton for the ride there.

Darc - We should play more, come over or something.

Dazwa - lol Velocity'd

N64/Pikapika/Kwan - Nice seeing you guys again.

I need to go to work right now so I'll finish these later.

Yoshipal13

Smash Journeyman
Yoshipal, I was blue Link if you remember what color you saw. I also used the tag SKLR in the tourny whenever I had a tag.

This makes 2 more Links I have to ditto, Yoshipal and Forward!

I will definitely have to play you. As well as Skag, although that probably won't happen unless there's a Cat4 planned.

I used black Link btw. Although I hardly played Link at all. Mostly Samus and Puff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom