• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Castlevania Mafia - Game Over! Mafia and Traitor win!!!

X1-12

Smash Champion
ACtuALLY STOP TALKING ABOUT MY ROLE NOW

seriously cello. stop it. I know what I'm doing, I think Swiss does too

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Also, before anyone says smargaret's role as a bodyguard means that she could have protected someone and gotten killed as a result, it's pretty **** obvious that she DIDN'T protect anyone. Why would she let herself die so that some lesser player could continue on in her stead? NO ONE bodyguards on N1 unless it's in a linked role, because players like to do this thing called PLAY.

Bah. Just bah.

Go town anyway.
Are these the words of a player that INTENTIONALLY chumpblocked for another player, and was RIGHT? No. Even if she HAD planned to protect someone, she would have left some sort of breadcrumb as to who that would be, so that we could clear that player.

X1-12

Smash Champion
oh **** this ****, its gone too far

I'm not the cop

I posted the blatant breadcrumbs to attract the scum NK

I wanted to you stop talking about it so I don't get CCed by the real cop if we have one

darn you cello.

X1-12

Smash Champion
I need to actually sleep now so I can almost normalise my sleep pattern before school which starts the day after tomorrow

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
You're a liar, X1.

Town, when he decides to claim cop for real, believe him. I'll drop this for now.

However, I am curious. If you aren't the cop, then why are you so adamant about Xastrn/BSL's lynch, especially when you showed absolutely no suspicion of him on D1? If you believed InCom to be scummy, why wouldn't you be comfortable with his lynch? Why won't you support EP's lynch toDay? (I do not support an EP lynch)

X1-12

Smash Champion
yeah whatever, btw cello should be doc'ed tonigjht over me. For srs not joking. i think swiss knew all along I was lieing about cop because as well as the was I said it, in the game we hydra'd I was told that VT's job was to draw NK's away from PRs. This was recent.

I know from the one post i asked EP about that Das was scum. That is the only thing I have on him but in my mind its all I need I know for 100% he is scum. i also am like 80% scum on EP because he felt nothing wrong with was das said. Despite completely mirroring his scum play (bad scum play) in another ongoing game we were both in.

InCom idk, he can be looked at after the other 2 die.

Life

Smash Hero
Cello's conspicuously not answering my question.

Seriously, "you're obviously the town cop" is like painting a giant glowing red-and-white bullseye on X1's back, giving every scum in the game a sniper rifle, and then posting "X1 is the best NK" on that one sign in Times Square.

You're pretty clearly going to get X1 NK'd if you keep this up. I can think of one legit motive for wanting scum to target X1--it should be obvious but in case scum doesn't get it I won't say. (And if it is that motive, you're a flippin' genius, no pun intended.)

@X1: Apologies for keeping this line of conversation up, if you say you aren't the cop I believe you as I share mostly the same suspects as you (barring myself obviously).

Unvote Vote Cello_Marl

I still have my eye on you Swiss, but considering your play under pressure (and the presence of more obvious scum players), you're not the play for the next few Days

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Idk how I feel about Cello (new, but already taking charge), but I sort of like his idea of holding hands with a select couple of people (not sure about Swiss, X1, or EP).
Also, after reading a lot of his posts I think he's presauded me into thinking Solid as scum. Or, not as scum but his play a little off.

X1's fake (or non cop) claim is weird to me, but I'm not going to dwell on it since he wants us to drop it I guess.

No opinion (if that's even possible) on BSL. Don't think we should lynch him right yet.

@Mod vote count please

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@X1: I'm not talking about this game, this advice is just in general. DO NOT BREADCRUMB POWER ROLES THAT YOU ARE NOT. That is not what you are supposed to do to be effective. You got bad advice.

@InCom: X1 being clear and giving us either another clear or a guilty gives us the information we need to progress with the game. As is, I'm just getting a bunch of "Nuh uh!" from SOLID, and X1 won't switch from BSL. The only other viable option is SOLID. Air, Swiss and myself would go for that, and Zen too, but you haven't appeared very receptive to that idea, and BSL would be a fool to bus his buddy with the piss-poor situation he's in. EP takes ****ing forever to do anything, so I've taken to disregarding him in terms of gathering power.

In the scheme of things, it was irrelevant whether or not I answered you. BSL will die, SOLID will die, and then you will die if we haven't finished the game by then. EP might die somewhere in there unless X1 wises up and if I get killed, but that's also irrelevant.

Out of curiosity, if I were dead and X1 later actually claims cop, would you believe him?

@Air: What is your opinion of X1's alignment? When you say "right yet", do you mean toDay or just in the next couple of days? Also, I'd like to try an experiment. Would you vote for BSL for me for just a moment? I won't hammer, I promise.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
@Air: What is your opinion of X1's alignment? When you say "right yet", do you mean toDay or just in the next couple of days? Also, I'd like to try an experiment. Would you vote for BSL for me for just a moment? I won't hammer, I promise.
X1 D1 I didn't like because he just seemed to follow Swiss and to me didn't offer much. But after D1 he seemed to come into his own, imo. As of now, I agree with you that if you're not a cop you shouldn't breadcrumb it. If he's doing a certain plan I'm thinking of then I think it may actually be a smart decision (which I won't say for same reason Incom said). Overall the only thing that's suspicious about him is the cop thing but I don't think it should be looked at too much because there are more scummy people atm.

No I'm not going to vote BSL, I have no reason to. You might not hammer but scum might (although I don't think someone would be that obviously stupid as mafia to just hammer him like that).

Air you're being fence sitty. You didn't take a single solid stance in that post >.>
Yeah I knoow. I try to look at things from all angles before making a firm stance.
Also, I'm waiting on the vote count.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Swiss [2] - BSL, EdreesesPieces
BSL [3] - X1-12, Swiss, Zen
Cello [1] - InferiorityComplex

Not Voting: Cello, SOLID, Airgemini.

Unofficial, of course, but it's accurate. The only voting that took place since the last count was mine on BSL and my unvote, as well as IC switching to me.

Now stop waiting.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
Also, I didn't say to describe which of X1's actions you thought were significant. I asked what you thought his alignment is. What is it? Town or scum?

Life

Smash Hero
@InCom: X1 being clear and giving us either another clear or a guilty gives us the information we need to progress with the game. As is, I'm just getting a bunch of "Nuh uh!" from SOLID, and X1 won't switch from BSL. The only other viable option is SOLID. Air, Swiss and myself would go for that, and Zen too, but you haven't appeared very receptive to that idea, and BSL would be a fool to bus his buddy with the piss-poor situation he's in. EP takes ****ing forever to do anything, so I've taken to disregarding him in terms of gathering power.
I think you might be misunderstanding me. It's not that I doubt X1 whether the cop (I don't think he is, that's not relevant). I'm asking why you are trying to out him as the cop. If you think he's the cop, why not keep it to yourself so you don't get him nightkilled? (Although I'm glad airgemini sees the loophole I do. Or maybe I'm not--if Air can see it, scum might. IDK.)

Also, I might be fine lynching SOLID depending on how he reacts to the pressure. Got a mild scum read on him ATM.
In the scheme of things, it was irrelevant whether or not I answered you. BSL will die, SOLID will die, and then you will die if we haven't finished the game by then. EP might die somewhere in there unless X1 wises up and if I get killed, but that's also irrelevant.
And what happens when I flip town? Or on the off-chance BSL or SOLID flips town? That'll be 3-man LyLo at best, or an outright scum win if two of us flip town. Perhaps it's a little OMGUS on my part, IDK. (I really hope the cop lives another couple days...)
Out of curiosity, if I were dead and X1 later actually claims cop, would you believe him?
Depends on the context I suppose. Remember, if he is the cop he has a very good reason to paint himself as "not a cop" (specifically, so that he lives longer and can collect more data).
This one would raise alarm bells for me, if I could get past the fact that going "I won't hammer" and then someone hammering would basically confirm them as scum.

Perhaps it would make more sense to ask one of the three on him already to unvote before testing Air's will like that.

I'm also waiting on that post from BSL but it doesn't look likely.

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@Mod: At what time on Thursday and in what time zone is the deadline?

@InCom: I just told you, we're stagnating. If you want to do something about it, vote for SOLID so he feels more inclined to be helpful.

@Air: If you won't vote for BSL, then vote for SOLID. He was here viewing the thread long enough to have caught up on everything, but didn't feel that any of the recent conversation was worth commenting on.

Vote SOLID

Four days left. It passes faster than you'd think when you're waiting around doing nothing.

Life

Smash Hero
@InCom: I just told you, we're stagnating. If you want to do something about it, vote for SOLID so he feels more inclined to be helpful.
You do have a point. When reconsidering the loophole I suppose I can bring this up toMorrow, depending on what happens.

@Air: If you won't vote for BSL, then vote for SOLID. He was here viewing the thread long enough to have caught up on everything, but didn't feel that any of the recent conversation was worth commenting on.
This also stuck out on me--note however that EP did the same (and I also saw J lurking in here--hi J!). It's always good to pay attention to who's viewing the thread.

Unvote Vote SOLID

I suppose it's something to do. IGMEOY Cello, but it's not worth pursuing until D3.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Cello has an amazing power. I like this wagon better based on who's on it. But I'm not content BSL at all. BSL and SOLID can both go. Whichever is fine with me. Unvote; vote: Solid

L-1 guys :)

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
@Mod: At what time on Thursday and in what time zone is the deadline?

Four days left. It passes faster than you'd think when you're waiting around doing nothing.
i have 4 days to reread? it wont take me that long. homework looks like itll be low tomorrow. maybe i can get to catch up on all of my games.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Though I'm not fine with a BSL lynch I'm fine with a SOLID lynch because the guy doesn't stick his neck out to make a case on anyone, and has really overall safe play. Lot more scummy play. Solids post include defending himself with explanation, summarizing some mechanics, but very rare if any stances.

Solid so far I got that you think X1 is town, are null on air, want to hear more from me. Have you decided on a a read on either air or myself yet since you made that post saying those things?

Also here was your stance on Cello:
I don't like his methods of trying to peg me, they don't seem especially townie. I find him a little scummy. Not scum though at this point.

Swiss what's your stance on Cello so far? You've mentioned him a few times but I didn't see a stance yet unless I missed something.
So ur chance on Cello is that you dont like his methods. Then u say he's a little scummy, but he's not scum. Ie you didn't actually give a straight up stance on him, u just answered both ways. Can you be more specific on your reads on all these players I've mentioned/ have you formed a better read yet since you last mentioned these? Do you feel any of them should be lynched toDay?

my thoughts

can die today
-Swiss
-Incom
-Solid

btw Incom I always leave my smashboards browser tabs open sometimes I will be logged in for hours at a time but I'm really at work or at home with my laptop open, i just leave myself logged in, don't really see a reason to close tabs.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Lol X1, you got this. Nice.

So SOLID (crew), think ya'd better get some content in amirite?

Not like I could hammer ya straight away.

BSL - you have one day to re-read. We have 4 days left in Day. Lookin' forward to that post with your stances on people.

Incom is BSL or SOLID the better lynch?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Day 2 - Votecount #5

---​

Swiss [2] - BSL, EdreesesPieces
BSL [2] - X1-12, Swiss
SOLID [4] - Cello_Marl, Airgemini, Inferiority Complex, Zen

Not Voting: SOLID;

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!

DEADLINE: Thursday, 4th November!

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
@BSL: If you haven't had enough time to reread the thread, why have you taken the effort to read what's happened since you joined? Everything will be out of context, and you'll just have to reread it AGAIN, wasting even more time. That also gives you an excuse to say that you misread something to support any unreasonable stands you might take. If it's because you'd been keeping up before (which was what you claimed), why haven't you provided anything at ALL in terms of reads? We can assume you have been keeping up with us since you quoted me and dissected that post.

SOLID and BSL, the capital gang, talk about each other. At length.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i would rather go back and make sure i remember D1 and the beginning of D2 correctly. that one post didnt have too much references to anything else in the thread. only your last sentence did, and i didnt comment on it, did i?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
therefore it was ok for me to respond to it. in my mind at least.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
oh yeah, and another thing. i am keeping up with the thread so that once i have time to reread (today after school i hope, and apparently have to have done according to swiss(which makes complete sense. not saying youre wrong swiss)) i wont have to read the most recent two (or three?) pages.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
My point was to show that your position on DH was ridiculous.

The fact that you believe, and more importantly, believed, that there was a cop in THIS game is all the more reason that your position is unreasonable.
Where the hell did I say that?

You were the only person who tried to absolve yourself of any responsibility concerning the wagon against DH when you MADE SURE that we remembered that you didn't vote for him. The fact of the matter is that you supported it in every way other than that. That's scummy.
Fair enough.

Concerning the possible scenarios that would play out with DH remaining alive, I have shown that it was objectively a sounder play to let him live into Night. Could you not realize that was the case? How is your position reasonable?
You've forgotten the part where letting DH live, if he were scum, almost guarantees us lynching a townie D1, ending with an extra townie dead.

Her role has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with my point, and not ONCE did I mention it in that paragraph. She could have been Dirty Sexy Queen Magikarp Thunderthighs of the Magical World of Zanzabar Mountain, and it wouldn't have affected scum's choice to NK her. After all, scum couldn't have any knowledge of her role, so how COULD it have been the reason for her death?
Let me reiterate what I just said: I didn't remember at the time that she was bodyguard. If I'd know that she was a bodyguard, I wouldn't have said that. Instead, I would have wondered if she died protecting someone or not. It was an impulse post in which I tried to quickly justify the death.

Consider another similar situation. I've stated my belief that X1 is a cop. What would you think of me if I suddenly couldn't provide ANY reasoning for why I believe that to be the case? Would that be suspicious or not?
It'd be unreasonable. I'd ask you to provide evidence for why you think X1 is cop, but I don't see how that helps us.

This doesn't look like a Cop breadcrumb to you? Why do you think X1 has EXCLUSIVELY voted for Xastrn this Day? Why do you think he's consistently said that NO ONE other than Xastrn is the play for toDay, InCom included, who X1 has SAID he believes is scummy?
I'm not speculating his role, and neither should you. I don't see how it benefits town in any way. I don't know whether or not you actually think X1 is cop or whether he is or not, but the fact that the BODYGUARD is dead makes it seem like a **** stupid thing to do to me.

This seems like information important enough to form an opinion on. Do you think he truly is a Cop?
I'm not speculating into that, I have no reason to, I don't see how it helps.

Heck, if you DON'T think that he's truly a Cop AND that there is a Cop in the game, then from your perspective, having a Cop counterclaim nets us scum. That's a good thing, isn't it? Or do you not even realize that?
That would make sense, but there's one little problem: X1 never claimed cop, you claimed cop for him. Or do you not even realize that?

Also solid you said x1 and swiss are posting random crap. u consider this a scumtell or just think its annoying? why bring it up?
I brought it up because Zen said I wasn't posting, and I said there was nothing to respond to lately other than their random crap, although lately much more has been going on so it no longer applies.

i would rather go back and make sure i remember D1 and the beginning of D2 correctly. that one post didnt have too much references to anything else in the thread. only your last sentence did, and i didnt comment on it, did i?
Hey BSL, want to get that reread in? You've johned about it for two days, I think it's time for you to do something.

Vote: BSL

Who do you want to lynch?? I don't think you've voted once this game.
You know how I play.

When I get home from school I'll have post thoughts on BSL.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I said there was nothing to respond to lately other than their random crap, although lately much more has been going on so it no longer applies.
Why don't you make things to reply to? You don't just sit back and watch what happens. Make things happen.
You know how I play.
SSK you were activity police. Huge gap from here. I don't know what to think. Before then you did play more subtle but you at least made stances. But I do recall you saying you were going to start playing more pro-town for both alignments. That's why I don't know what the heck is going on with you here.

If you can convince why BSL is the better play and that you're worth keeping around, I'll be more than happy to switch.

Life

Smash Hero
Gonna start a reread.

After all, if I can do it, surely BSL can.

(/terriblelogic)

Perhaps I'll come up with new things to ask.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
this sucks big time. i have to replace out of all of my mafia games. school decided to pile up a bunch of homework/projects on me. i didnt think it wouldve been more than a few days of work, but now i realize itll take me a while.

sorry mods/players.
especially sorry to you guys in this game, as i just replaced in and held up the game for a little while.

Top Bottom