• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Castlevania Mafia - Game Over! Mafia and Traitor win!!!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
@ Zen what's your Xas stance?
I don't think that you and xastern is SvS. He had major buddying with you D1, and I don't think scum would buddy their partner like that especially just to bus them D2. So if one of you flips scum, I'll be more comfortable with the other. Putting out SvS, there is still SvT and TvT (and IvT/S). Right now I'm leaning towards of at least one of you being scum. Xastern is looking a bit more suspicious but I feel like I'm being mindgamed by you.

-Both you and Xastern pushed the DH wagon hard.

-Xastern buddied you hard D1. -Begins D2 declaring you the obvious choice.
-Has only really made connections with a few people.

-You lead DH wagon
-Very agressive and controlling. -Get DH modkilled.

A long with this both you and X1 are on the Xastern wagon. You guys were also the two who led the DH wagon a long with Xastern.

Swiss what do you think of X1?
What do you mean?
A long with what I already said, you seem like angry that I've called you out. I'm not sure if it's because I actually did catch scum on the first try of if you are are just being defensive because you were V/LA. Also it seems like you are only posting when people ask you questions.

incom: Looking alright now. I don't have a solid read atm.
:awesome: @ bolded.

And what has changed your view on incom? Weren't you suspicious of him D1?

Air: Null tell so far. Wasn't exactly liking him too much D1 but looks fine now.
Same with Air. Why does he look fine now?
Why'd you select those people to ask about?
That's everyone other than the two people being voted for who I've seen your stances for. Though I forgot Ryker was even in the game...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ryker has nor responded to the prod. Contacting available replacement.
Xastrn hasn't posted within 48 hours and will receive a prod.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
My read on Xastrn is town just as it was yesterDay. I don't think his reaction and vote on Swiss is scummy. Basically:

My town-Swiss read was mostly based on my scum-DH read. When that fell through, the natural response IMO was to target Swiss toDay. I think his "I should have known.../facepalm" response toDay is bullsh and sounds canned.
This is pretty strait-forward and makes his vote on Swiss pretty direct, I don't think scum would be so quick as to jump onto Swiss so fast when the Day started. I think they'd be more careful. The reasoning is sound too, Swiss looked pretty bad after what happened, so unlike some of you I don't think Xastrn's jump is particularly scummy. Other than his jump on Swiss I've seen nothing to be suspicious of, and D1 play was fine.

I've tried to re read Air and there isn't much to say. Points out obvious things, isn't trying too hard to appear town, but also isn't contributing much to town. It's pretty much a flat null read right now. Air, if you had to lynch someone right now, who would it be? Also, what's your stance on SOLID and him not liking you?

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Originally I was for Swiss because he kept avoiding Zen's question but his answer today has kind of left me clueless on who to vote for. Although he's not completely cleared. I feel X1 might be scum, don't like his play too much.

I guess solid is correct that I was sort of everywhere with my vote on DH D1 but I don't think it makes me look suspicious. The way DH was playing could make anyone go back and forth with their view of him.

Also, I don't like when people say "scum wouldn't do that, it's too obvious" as a reason to clear someone. Just because it doesn't seem like a smart mafia move doesn't mean they aren't mafia.

I'm going to reread.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Hm? You were in the same line of thought I was in for a while on DH. What didn't you like about my case? I felt the way people were going about it was just wrong. I didn't necessarily think DH was town however. Also I did the same thing in MarioKart (which you were in) on Tiger Woods. I just don't go a long with a wagon if I see it as BS. D2 MK, D4 dgames mafia, D2 & D3 Code Geass Mafia I think are examples. I was town in those games. If you want a scum comparison check pikmafia or tacomafia.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
You possibly being scum relates to my thinking of Zen being possible scum.

Zen - I'm just looking for things suspicious. Rereading it it just stood out to me.

I'm not confident enough on it to place any vote on either of you two though. Just bringing my thoughts to the discussion.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
A long with what I already said, you seem like angry that I've called you out. I'm not sure if it's because I actually did catch scum on the first try of if you are are just being defensive because you were V/LA. Also it seems like you are only posting when people ask you questions.
I don't see how trying to lynch a V/LA player helps progress the game at all. It wouldn't matter whether or not it was me.

:awesome: @ bolded.
teehee

And what has changed your view on incom? Weren't you suspicious of him D1?
Was never really suspicious, I don't even remember exactly what I said about him, it probably wasn't a big thing considering I don't remember it. Lately hasn't done anything to stick out.

Same with Air. Why does he look fine now?
Same thing, looks fine now.

That's everyone other than the two people being voted for who I've seen your stances for. Though I forgot Ryker was even in the game...
Zen your thoughts on Air please.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
@Air: It's interesting to me that you would think it scummy though. You should defend someone if you think it's a wasted lynch.

@Solid: I've had a pretty townish read on Air D1. Not as much D2, but I'm still leaning town with him. But this is mostly going off 1-game scum meta I have of him.

Swiss

Smash Lord
What do you mean not ideal for lylo? And is he leaning town for you only because he is voting Xastern?
Nah I play with X1 all the time. Know the guy and he's town. Thing is he goes and looks scummy to other people that don't know him.

I think that, if Zen were scum, he would have let the pressure on DH rise more before helping him.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Cello Marl replaces Ryker. He will be ready to post tomorrow. Thanks, Cello.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I've got pneumonia. I'm not going to be able to keep up with this. I'll need a replacement. Sorry. I'd ask xatres to take over for me, but he left town to go to a wedding in the family that I'm skipping for being sick, so he won't be back until thursday.

sorry again.

Life

Smash Hero
Sorry to hear that Das. Still think you're scummy, but I can let the replacement defend your slot.

Can't wait to hear Cello's take on this game (especially what transpired D1).

Also, looked over the game so far, and I don't think SOLID said ANYTHING about me. Did I miss it? Can someone link to the post?

@mod request vote count

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I'm going to start by saying that reading this game is making my head hurt with how often I'm slamming it against the wall.

Air, Swiss, Zen, X1 and myself are all town. That's enough to win if we lynch everyone else. Neutral-positive opinion of EP. Don't like IC, but people will likely view him like J. SOLID is scum. Xastrn is definitely scum.

Air is too airheaded to be scum. There are too many examples to go into, but his lack of fearmongering on his mistakes (3 scum, lol. That would be 2 mislynches to make 3 lynches. That's not balanced in any sense of the term, especially with the knowledge of a mason recruiter, who would essentially commit suicide half the time over the first two Nights and make it a single mislynch) makes me feel good about his alignment.

I'm assuming Swiss is town until proven otherwise. He's bound to be town eventually. Go go gadget logical fallacy. Although, seriously, if I had replaced SOLID (thank God I didn't), I might have bought into the frenzy of lynching DH, initially at least. He's not really done anything scummy.

X1 is town because he didn't mindlessly push the idea that DH was scum without any chance of him being town. He tried to dissuade DH from forming a masonry with Swiss (which would have been the best course of action.) I really think his view of DH was just colored by the fact that DH returned fire.

Zen was consistently level-headed when it came to Dark Horse. I don't see him acting the way he did if he were scum.

EP is neutral-positive because there are three people that I get scummy vibes off of. I think I remember something else I liked, but I don't care.

@Air, Swiss, Zen, X1, and I guess EP if the other four don't accept me: Treat this like Oddworld and we've got this. Just BELIEVE that all of you are town, and lynch everyone else. It doesn't matter what they say or do. Only believe confirmable, reliable information, such as an investigation from one of you proving a person to be aligned with town. If you don't trust me or Swiss, investigate one of us, preferably me. That person will vouch for the other. Also, either lynch Xastrn RIGHT now (which is what I'd prefer), or don't do it toDay. ToMorrow is fine. If you subject someone to that load of drek that was D1 just to lynch them in the face of such insurmountable odds, then I'll be so pissed off you won't like me anymore (what Swords/Tom did to Tandora in Popcorn still grates on me).

I don't like IC for a variety of reasons. In the beginning, why bother to "math out" several scenarios that he doesn't believe to even be likely? (the fact that his "likely" scenario would be either 7v3v1 or 8v2v1 with two kills per Night [the former of which could literally lead to a town defeat even with all successful scum lynches, since he expected an SK] doesn't help my opinion of him) He kept going back to DH being scum, even though DH could have proven his power. The difference between IC and everyone else in this regard is surety. IC kept waffling, yet always found his way back to DH.

Xastrn = definition of opportunist, and I don't really need to go into this since the groundwork has been laid.

SOLID arrived late, but his first post reeked of opportunism almost as much as Xastrn. What was wrong with DH wanting to mason an active player that could help him understand what was going on? If anything, since Swiss was the nucleus of the movement against him, DH's suggestion of masoning Swiss would have been the most reasonable course of action possible. SOLID painted it as trying to slink away from the center of attention by just agreeing with anything that didn't damage him. How could DH have done that?

SOLID said:
Normally people use their words and actions during the day to defend themselves. You can't recruit someone and "prove your innocence" if you don't make it to the night phase, which I highly doubt you will.
...what? WHAT? Based on the knowledge had at the time, since he COULD prove his innocence via his power (or condemn a fellow scummate when he claims they successfully masoned and a cop/tracker/watcher proves that it was a lie), why in the WORLD would we NOT have let him go on to Night? That's like lynching a claimed vigilante on D1; rather than that, ask him to shoot himself. If he doesn't do so before LyLo, then lynch him. SOLID's statement is even more egregious when you consider that in this scenario, optimal town play is the same from both general town's perspective as well as that of the accused (if the accused is town). The vigilante may choose to attack others since he/she knows his/her alignment.

His opportunism continues to this very Day when he said that "all signs point to [Swiss] as scum". How? They had the same pool of information to draw from. How does he account for Swiss's miracle selection of a mason for his QT comment? Do any of you people REALLY think that smargaret would have protected ANY of you? No. Her "bah" comment even suggests that. And yet, SOLID speaks as though he knew for certain that smargaret was the actual target ("smarg NK"), as compared to the chumpblocker. He claimed that he didn't realize, but I don't believe him. Why didn't he correct his mistake when X1 brought it up?

Swiss

Smash Lord
K so hai Cello, sorry about yesterDay. Blame the illness, ya. Who would be a better cop target? Yourself/myself or SOLID? Would you lynch SOLID over Xas toDay?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Cello I share your same concerns of IC (slight scum read on him) for similar reasons to you, don't know if you read my posts against him in detail but they are there both toDay and yesterDay. He was making a lot of general statements about mechanics and small comments on other players but always returning to DH, which was the hot wagon of the day. However I still think Swiss is more likely to be scum and is the better play for the Day, as he tried to take control of town with aggression but slowly took a step back once he had a target on his back. Just seems like scum covering his tracks to me.

Swiss I'd like a bit of clarification on one more thing regarding the sickness thing you have. You said you were sick both toDay and yesterDay (during the high activity) so how can that be a good reason why you laid more low today? I'm not getting that. You said you managed all that activity and pressure on many players while you already had this condition/problem, so why did it stop you from posting and being as aggressive Day 2 after a wagon started forming on you? That reason just doesn't sit too well with me. I can't see your sickness being the reason for the playstyle change from d1 to d2 on the basis that you were sick both days as you said yourself.

Cello, don't you think it is a scumtell for a player to be as active as Swiss was and kind of let loose after a day and after a couple of votes? (large playstyle change) Swiss u have played pretty pro town otherwise, it's just that I see something like this as a really strong tell.

ok plays for the day for me:

-Swiss
-Incom

Cello_Marl

Smash Rookie
I read Day 1 up until SOLID posted along with the rest of you, then quit when I didn't think replacement was likely. Then, after being contacted by Gheb, I read Day 1 at work this morning, and skim-read over D2 from 4 to 6 pm EST.

I would prefer to lynch Xastrn over SOLID. I didn't go into as much detail on him because, one, his scumminess is generally acknowledged, and two, frankly, it doesn't matter at this point. He's replacing out; his replacement, should we allow one to come into the game, couldn't answer any questions about Xastrn's state(s) of mind than I can about Ryker's. There are two out-of-game reasons why we might want to consider skipping the middle man and going ahead with Xastrn's lynch: 1) we have no guarantee that BSL has kept up with the game like I have. That's even more time wasted while he reads up, forms opinions, all the while being rushed which will cause deterioration in his performance, and 2) While I've seen a little bit of BSL from Escape, giraffelasergun is a complete wildcard as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather we use our replacements on people that we actually think are town and simply have to be replaced to prevent town from losing due to 11th hour inactivity (the no-modkill clause doesn't really help us if that person is AWOL). If we all thought Xastrn was town, then fine, replace away. But, to maintain some semblance of being fair and balanced for someone that we think is scum? No.

About the cop target, if we decide to lynch Xastrn toDay, then SOLID is the best choice. If SOLID, then I really don't think it matters, if we plan to lynch Xastrn the Day after. From your information perspective, I'd be the better choice, since you know your alignment, but if you think that people will be tunneling on you, feel free to get investigated. I think EP agrees with that sentiment.

@EP: I'm sold on Swiss-town, and it will take a lot more than feelings to change my mind. Gambler's fallacy, yadda yadda, but that's all the more reason to investigate him, then.

What do you all say to a mass claim toMorrow?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Liking cello. And I agree with the points you made on Air, which makes me like him more. I'm not sure on what you are proposing though. I can dig locking hands with you and Air. Not as sure with X1, Swiss, and EP.

I was going to say I think I would be able to read BSL much easier than Xastern and having a solid read on him would pretty much set my reads on everyone else. But I do agree it would be messed up and kind of pointless to have him read and them end up lynching him if he doesn't show to be any less scummy than Xas. And there's not much he could do in Xastern's defense. But on the other hand, he'll probably just skim through if he's scum anyway :p

Swiss

Smash Lord
EP when I was ill I was postin' till I cbf and I spent an evenin' wrapped up on da sofa. Still had my laptop with me just cbf postin'. But why ask me this? No-one here knows my irl pattern and short of taking pics of myself with my difflam spray there's no way to verify I was even ill. I coulda been scum in this game (or another) desperate not to post in a particular game and hence not postin' in any. I just couldn't be arsed.

Cello I'd prefer for yourself to be investigated, and you can clear me (scum gambit amirite?)

Incom is town imo.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Day 2 - Votecount #3

---​

Swiss [3] - BSL, EdreesesPieces, InferiorityComplex
BSL [3] - X1-12, Swiss, Zen

Not Voting: Ryker, SOLID, Airgemini.

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch!

DEADLINE: Thursday, 4th November!

X1-12

Smash Champion
@EP:
Just saying "meta doesn't apply to me" doesn't make it true. I know you'd LIKE it to be true, but sorry, it's not true.

Your meta as far as I've been able to follow is that you are rather verbose and clever as town, but that you don't resort to "Overswarmisms" like using leetspeek and "y u so bad 'ere" type language unless you are scum.

Speaking of which, that sentence suggests that you know I'm town here (as only scum COULD know).
What do you think of this post? specifically the last line.

Life

Smash Hero
Can't wait to hear what BSL thinks.

I don't like IC for a variety of reasons. In the beginning, why bother to "math out" several scenarios that he doesn't believe to even be likely? (the fact that his "likely" scenario would be either 7v3v1 or 8v2v1 with two kills per Night [the former of which could literally lead to a town defeat even with all successful scum lynches, since he expected an SK] doesn't help my opinion of him) He kept going back to DH being scum, even though DH could have proven his power. The difference between IC and everyone else in this regard is surety. IC kept waffling, yet always found his way back to DH.
I think you misread that post. The math was assuming one kill per night, not two. (I don't get why people seem to think that was such a huge effort either. See my response to... I think it was smarg? on that one. It's #152.) Also, compare to your post regarding why you think Air is town.

Also, most of us thought DH was scum until he actually flipped town. I believe I flipped on that issue exactly once--I thought he was town initially mainly from, for lack of a better term, a noob-solidarity kind of perspective (this is first game for both of us if you didn't notice). I didn't like his responses to Swiss, then put forth the possibility that he was an indy cultist (is this where you got the two kills/night?) based on the fact that I didn't exactly like the people on the wagon either. I don't think that counts as "kept waffling".

You also seem remarkably sure of who the scum is in this game.

@X1: What do you think about Cello?
@swiss: Why am I town? :awesome: (seriously though.)

X1-12

Smash Champion
@InCom, he's a very good town player (he's won every game I've been in with him where he was town), he lurks as scum apparently. I've heard his indy play is remarkably similar to his town play but on those odds I'd rather just believe he was town and ride with him to the win. I usually really don't like people controlling town but the record shows its probably a wise move

Swiss

Smash Lord
OOOOOH X1 that changes shizzle.

y u say he wasnae a play earlier then? Figured u were cop with inno or summat but now ya say that. Y say he want a play earlier?

Ya can not answer if ya want.

X1-12

Smash Champion
erm uh yeah.. I din't wanna reveal mah abilitays, but y'all should leave dah investigatin' to me yah?

hope you got that good sir.

Top Bottom