• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
serious question: Is Peepee going to be ont he PR? he barely played, I think, and he randomly went to # 5.
Does that mean I can stay on the PR despite my constant 7th place (give or take 2) and GQ can be PR'd. like a boss

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I think sushi entered 2? also sushi you self proclaimed yourself inactive to me in person lol, you're gonna want to change that before PR

archer.

Smash Lord
Their system also accounts for every win/loss you've ever had, not just the ones that occurred that season, which is kind of BS.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
No, it is a running total. You aren't put at 0 at first. It's an ELO system, you start at a median. If you win against mediocre players, you will go up slightly. If you lose against the best players it won't hurt you too bad. If you beat somebody significantly higher than you, you will rise up quickly. If you lose to somebody way lower than you, you will drop significantly lower.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
ranking attendance that heavily goes against the mission statement (read the OP). that doesn't mean it doesnt matter, but its not the main concern...

archer.

Smash Lord
Greatly rewarded you say? All attendance should ever be used for is your eligibility for the PRs. No more, no less. From there it all comes down to who you beat and who you lose to.

But I guess we could start using Jaurice's way of thinking. I'll just go to everything and lose to everyone and claim #1 just for showing up and gracing you all with my presence.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
Attendance is necessary for eligibility but like arch said, it's who you beat after that. The more chances you have to beat people though, the more chance at the PR. I'm not sure I understand it myself, but I think that going to 2 tourneys and placing top 3 isn't worth as much as going to 5 or 6 tournaments and placing top 5 or 7 in all of them consistently.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Maybe we can adapt the ELO system so that everyone's rating resets after every season?

Either way, I prefer the tried-and-true PR we've been doing. It's always had a high level of accuracy, despite the element of bias. After all, the true measure of a player is who he beats and who he loses to.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
Greatly rewarded you say? All attendance should ever be used for is your eligibility for the PRs. No more, no less. From there it all comes down to who you beat and who you lose to.

But I guess we could start using Jaurice's way of thinking. I'll just go to everything and lose to everyone and claim #1 just for showing up and gracing you all with my presence.

I never made that claim. You took what I stated out of context. Who you beat and lost to obviously matters.

:phone:

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Fyi peeps I HAVE entered singles at more than one tourney mwhahaahahaaha
Stingers has said constantly we do include OOS tourneys. Makes sense since a PR is mainly for who best represents our state best to defend our honor and to conquer others. ;)

V1CE

Smash Champion
ok so what would it be?

1 Esam
2 Stingers
3 Kadaj
4 Mekos
5 Sushi
6 Archer
7 Scotty OB
8 H1N1
9 Stockfield
10 Waldorph

Honarable Mention:
GQ
Shady
V1CE
PP
Tiger

IDK... it would really suck if GQ didnt get ranked considering the vast improvement he has made this season... It seems like alot of players are improving and are threats to get ranked... There is still Killa, KSK, Jaurice(LOL), Uncle, and Lenny and Zach who is improving... Our community is Expanding...

The Next Rankings will be our most stacked rankings we ever had i think...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom