• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

archer.

Smash Lord
We have a rigorous initiation process, I'm not sure you wanna go through with it.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
So yeah..........I think it's new PR time. We've had a ****load of tourneys, and there won't be another one until May 12th. ReSe would make a good start of a new ranking period.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
nah...it's not about how many tournaments it about the time period. Didn't we just update it like a month or two ago.
A PR period should last at least 4 months in my opinion.

Besides Kadaj needs a chance to reclaim his spot :awesome:

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
which is 2 sets of 2 months which directly translates to 2v2's

THE ADVENTURES OF MEKOS: THE DOUBLES LEGACY BEGINS

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
No its not update time yet. Also im gonna be ranked low since i just switched to fox

:phone:

ShadowAzure

Smash Journeyman
What's going on this weekend in Charlotte? I'm willing to do a smashfest/grill hot dogs/mario party at my house this coming Saturday if there's nothing going on.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Mekos did you know that at every doubles national we've both entered at I've outplaced you? :awesome:
@Kadaj - And did u know whenever i've had a legit partner(as in someone i consider a real teamate)...you've never beaten me once...and will never beat one of my teams :awesome:. Havn't been going to tourneys since 08 Kadaj like u. I promise u if me and Esam team at a national(give us like two chances) we will win one. Or me and m2k lololol.
And on top of that yer team at apex would not have beat me and Fow. We got bracket *****. Had to face gnes and Razer round 3. An actual good team not just top level singles players. And after one round in losers we had to face Dojo and Ally. Dojo who is actually a good/smart dubs player. I know yer bracket was not nearly as hard as that.

Results don't show yer power. What u actually do during the game does. I don't think me and Esam's team is good because we are undefeated and won the last 7 tourneys. That means NOTHING. I think we are good because of our teamwork and synergy. What we actually are doing during the game. Get the will of fire son! And I'll teach u how to fight peach next tourney we at ;) mwhaahaahaahahaahaha got em!! and u have the wrong mentality. It's not about placing if u didn't get win. who gives an ff. It's about getting number 1. U've number 1 at a regional or national. I've gotten first at a regional. So there buddy!!

Love u buddy ;)

@Tkbro - thanks man. It is still hard out here for a doubles player. People still don't understand what i'm doing during the game. So top level singles players still would pick other top level singles players over me. Which blows my mind cuz so many of them are really really bad at doubles. But I understand why they do what they do. Since I'm late to the scene I had to spend half my smash career proving my worth. For example, M2k was complaining how he doesn't have a static partner like Otori and Kekara. I was like "U ****** I told u I was beast at dubs and we could have been created a dynasty". And he said "I didn't know, everyone says they are good. You have to prove it".

But it's hard proving yer good at dubs. So many factors people don't understand and even if u get lucky to team with someone known for their singles skills, people just give the singles player all the credit. Then when u try and defend yerself and explain the situation they say u are bragging. So again dubs players have it hard out here.

archer.

Smash Lord
It's been a long enough time and we've had enough tournaments to justify an update. There's no logical reason to not update

V1CE

Smash Champion
i prob wont get ranked again... damn u mk ban...

Out of the top of my head i would say rankings will be...

Esam
Stingers
Mekos
Kadaj
Archer
Scotty OB
H1N1
GQ
Waldorph
Stockfield

Honorable Mention:
V1CE
Sushi
PP
Shady

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I think you've got the 10 people right, Steve. The only other guys I could think of (who have entered more than one tourney this period) that would have any potential claim are Jayson, Jaurice, and you. Jayson and Jaurice generally place around the tail end of the PR, while you have decent MK placements countered by not-so-decent MK-banned placements.

As for the rest of us, either enter more or do better. I definitely know that I need to do the latter. :smash:

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
I'm sure if I had a legit partner I would be able to, placings here don't really mean anything though when you consider the fact that teams would never be balanced in this state lol

And yes I have won regionals in teams lmao, I've also done so with and without teaming with m2k even with esam. Bringing those two up wouldn't change much considering I've won with them both, just accept that I'm good in doubles baby! That's all I want to hear, don't break me heart!!!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I think Mekos WOULD be #2 if he entered more singles tournaments. He has winning records over Kadaj and Stingers (1-0 with both I think) but the fact is that that was his only singles tournament of this season. That will probably hurt him, I don't even know if he would be above Kadaj.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
No excuses man. U've been in the tourney scene since 08. You should have been developed a partner by now. The fact that others go to tourneys with random partners is dumb imo and shouldn't be the norm. I couldn't imagine fps teams being random at every tourney. People need to use common sense. No random team will beat me and esam. I guarantee that. Something called teamwork is real.

And when i'm talking about me and esam's record i'm obviously not just talking about NC lol. We haven't teamed at 7 NC tourneys.

But lolol i know what u want...my opinion shouldn't matter to u my love! I keep saying. I don't judge people based on their places. I judge them based on what they actually do. If someone teamed with a terrible person but had great team spacing, followups, and punishes. I would say they are a great doubles player even tho they got last place.

I just get annoyed when people try to discredit others cuz of their placings. Lie tried to do that and I'm so happy he got shut down at Xanadu. He stated how he and logic destroy north carolina everytime they come(which blows my mind cuz the sets are close even when i have a random partner). He continued to talk trash but didn't show to the Charlotte tourney most likely cuz Esam is here. No more guaranteed money in singles or doubles. I told him it was okay tho cuz our team would come to xanadu and shut him up and that's what we did.

I just feel people who have had soooo so many more chances/opportunities than others shouldn't talk down them or try to uplift themselves over others who haven't had = opportunities.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Look Kadaj I tell u every tourney that I love u and think u have good potential. I even wanted u to come over to my house so I could teach u the art of dubs. But u think u know it all already because of yer previous places. Places doesn't matter.

Look here at yer apex vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5ZY1WFaEwo

Imo u are constantly picking the wrong options and have really bad team spacing. Yer mostly playing 1v1s with reacting a few times to try and help yer partner. There is no team magic ever created here. The one controlling the match is chudat as he is a smart/great dubs player. American dubs is mostly two seperate 1v1 battles. So of course Kadaj, u a great singles player will do well in most doubles matches. But if u play a team who has great teamwork or at least has one player with really good dubs smarts(who has a partner with a high enuff individual skill) u will see that's where u lose at these nationals.

Now watch yer double mk team. See how yer in mostly 1v1 situations
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqISKXKeiT8

Now watch Otori and kekara. See how it is mostly 2v1 situations
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OosMVqAR64s
They are doing everything I talk about in my dubs tips vids. Team spacing is on point, constant followups, and constant punishes. That is good doubles play. And they BOTH did it. Hence why they won Apex 2012. They are in control of the match and being proactive in selecting their options. Not reacting to the situation.

ShadowAzure

Smash Journeyman

Esam
Stingers
Mekos
Kadaj
Archer
Scotty OB
H1N1
GQ
Waldorph
Stockfield

Honorable Mention:
V1CE
Sushi
PP
Shady
Doesn't look too bad, but I really don't see Stockfield dropping that much.

Squire Gq

Smash Rookie

Esam
Stingers
Mekos
Kadaj
Archer
Scotty OB
H1N1
GQ
Waldorph
Stockfield

Honorable Mention:
V1CE
Sushi
PP
Shady
I dont see stock dropping behind me lol. He has beat me several times this season in tournament. Ecu was the first time that I've ever beat him in tournament.

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
Haha jd wants the new pr to come out because he doesnt want to be passed trololol

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom