• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

*CT*

Smash Lord
Its not hard at all to play Brawl alone for me, but its harder for me to pick up Melee alone, I've only done it like once this whole year so far and it was for like 15 minutes , as for Brawl I play at least twice during the weekdays for about 3 hours a time. Not even wifi, just in training mode.

EDIT: I'm a virgin guys....to MMs x.x I always forget to do it

Dublio

Smash Ace
When's the next smashfest anyway? Anyone planning something for next weekend perhaps? Then we can get our money matches on. :) Or at least let me hang out with them so I can get more brawl experience. That works too. :3

Goal for next smashfest/tournament. 5 Money matches with 5 different people. Should be awesome. :3

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
From what I see, it's enough of a challenge to get people to pay for pot fees and venue fees, especially when both are at $10. I've seen multiple people not enter tourneys because they lack the money to do so, or aren't willing for whatever reason. When you consider that, it's no surprise that we rarely see MMs.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
From what I see, it's enough of a challenge to get people to pay for pot fees and venue fees, especially when both are at $10. I've seen multiple people not enter tourneys because they lack the money to do so, or aren't willing for whatever reason. When you consider that, it's no surprise that we rarely see MMs.
People much poorer than current smashers entered for similar if not more steep prices before. People just care less now, that's why people don't enter as much and that's why money matches happen less. Also people lacking the competitive spirit or really understanding what a tournament really IS also prevents them from entering should they even have the finances. If you're going to GO to something then it's pointless not to enter the event you came out to attend. Why go to a competitive atmosphere if you aren't willing to compete?

The community is nice but you can keep the two passions separate. It's not that difficult.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
That's exactly why I frequently ask/encourage people to enter, and have even spotted a few guys' fees in the past.

You're right, though, about the general level of care going down.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
yo........hmmmm. i dunno how to say this.

i guess all i can say is sorry. I tried to do the bracket stuff and for some reason the only thing that saved was doubles. Singles and LT Singles didn't even save the bracket much less results. I would try and re-create the bracket from memory if it wasn't for some sloppy changing it around. Really sorry guys. I feel like a failure :( I won't let it happen again. I just got busy and sick and forgot about it.

Once again, sorry.....for all that it's worth.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
so apparently i can wolv ground magic series into air magic series into dive kick ground bounce into H S, into air magic series into slide otg into akuma tats assist into berserker barrage super into zero duplicate super into l m h to death....

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
yo........hmmmm. i dunno how to say this.

i guess all i can say is sorry. I tried to do the bracket stuff and for some reason the only thing that saved was doubles. Singles and LT Singles didn't even save the bracket much less results. I would try and re-create the bracket from memory if it wasn't for some sloppy changing it around. Really sorry guys. I feel like a failure :( I won't let it happen again. I just got busy and sick and forgot about it.

Once again, sorry.....for all that it's worth.
So when's the next Duke Biweekly?

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
What? The most recent Duke only had regular doubles and singles. I posted the full results for singles on the thread. I'll bring 'em up again.

1. Kadaj
2. Arch
3. Stock
4. Vice
5. Ben (pi)
5. H1N1
7. Uncle
7. ZeldaRox
9. R
9. Gooey
9. Gaga
9. RyutsNoir
13. Killanator
13. Pie
13. Timmy

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
I lost to stockfield then i lost to stockfield then stockfield again and again. Then I lost to stockfield one more time

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
My last match with Stock:

*Stock wins game 1 and bans some stage. I forgot what it was.*

Me: Yo, we're going to Brinstar. You staying?

Stock: Nope. *changes to MK*

Me: ****.

Get mindgame'd, me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom