• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Carolina Brawl Power Rankings [1/27] Breaking Bad PRs!! YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
I am confused by lag on platforms. And how ROB has a hard time recovering with the design of the stage. TBH I have never seen a ROB try to go for the edge or ledge. They usually come down on the stage. So I dunno how that would matter. And does FD not give more camp room. What you said about juggling makes sense. It's just the rest of it that confuses me. Especially the lag on platforms. I'm pretty sure that's wrong. I know when I use shuttle loop and so much as touch a platform, I'm able to immediately do any other move....rather than trying to land on the actual stage (either glide to it, or free fall onto it).

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
It's because he referred to the lip of the stage as platforms... use you imagination plz.
I knew what he meant by that. I was most confused by how that matters and the lag on platforms. I've never heard of that. Never.

Duo55

Smash Ace
I knew what he meant by that. I was most confused by how that matters and the lag on platforms. I've never heard of that. Never.
Anytime you land from being in the air, you are vulnerable for a few frames with most characters. If your opponent is out of jumps it makes it even easier to take advantage of. Atleast thats what I think he means...

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
how would a game even code that? the game, I'm pretty sure, looks at platforms as the same as the stage. Like just look at platform canceling. I've been told you can platform cancel Delfino cruise (the actual stage) as well as halberd. If that's the case, then the game must look at the stage and platforms the same.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
Anytime you land from being in the air, you are vulnerable for a few frames with most characters. If your opponent is out of jumps it makes it even easier to take advantage of. Atleast thats what I think he means...
no I'm pretty sure he means there is actual ending lag that is added onto the character if they land on a platform versus the actual stage

edit: nvm, I'm just gonna ignore that bit. He says this comes from personal experience. I thought there was actual frame data out.

/argument.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol of course there is landing lag dude. when you land on the ground can you run instantly? no you have to wait a bit before your character will move. its more noticeable if you fastfall into the ground i think

Stockfield

Smash Champion
Dude what he said is correct, FD isn't a good stage for ROB against MK.

Platforms do help us against him.

Another thing, don't ever be above MK, or any character we have no options, except to fly away.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
dude I'm not arguing whether FD is a good stage. Stingers said it isn't so that is good enough for me. The thing I'm most confused about is this extra lag you get from landing on platforms. Cause that's something significant for the game as a whole, not just this match-up.

Duo55

Smash Ace
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the only way to get back on the stage with rob vs MK is to try and top him when he comes to gimp you and recover once hes out of jumps or in hit stun. Right?

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
lol of course there is landing lag dude. when you land on the ground can you run instantly? no you have to wait a bit before your character will move. its more noticeable if you fastfall into the ground i think
not sure who this is direct towards; my question for the last page has been how is landing on a platform different from landing on stage. the way 313 put it, it seems like landing on stage results in less lag than landing on a platform....which just seems bogus. would u mind answering with a simple yes or no.

Duo55

Smash Ace
okay that's what I thought. I dunno why it took 2 pages for someone to confirm this for me.
Like I said earlier, You misunderstood what he said, he meant that rob can take advantage of landing lag on platforms and mk is no exception. As you saw earlier, he calls both the stage, and platforms, platforms and that is what was confusing you I think.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
NC Smash Pokemon SoulSilver Nuzlocke Challenge update!

Diatenshi - Level 17 Magnemite - Tackle/Thundershock/Sonic Boom/Supersonic
Twitch - Level 20 Togetic - Sweet Kiss/Charm/Yawn/Extrasensory
Yay - Level 28 Crobat - Shadow Ball/Confuse Ray/Wing Attack/Bite
Stingers - Level 28 Bayleef - Cut/Magical Leaf/Razor Leaf/Synthesis
Joshsyde - Level 27 Graveler - Strength/Rock Blast/Rock Throw/Magnitude
Ocean - Level 27 Gyarados - Dragon Rage/Bite/Surf/Attract

They are my only 6 pokemon =[ the rest all died

I just got the 4th badge thing.

@hyl nah I dont think the girl at animazement was that cute LOL

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
313 ask shady how to deal with marth

i have no idea how to fight that char on ANY of my chars.

pp says as mk just dont approach, but i think that is part of his "lol brawl" mentality. ( that does not mean he hates brawl)

cause mk has to approach, he has no projectiles. neither does marth, but i think marth has an easier time getting a hit on mk than mk on marth.

marths airmoblity > mks.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
Like I said earlier, You misunderstood what he said, he meant that rob can take advantage of landing lag on platforms and mk is no exception. As you saw earlier, he calls both the stage, and platforms, platforms and that is what was confusing you I think.
okay then my next question is what is so special about landing lag on platforms? like what is it about the landing lag on a platform that is better than the landing lag on stage?

and this is not a loaded question or just a rhetorical one. I just really wanna know why it is so significant where the landing lag occurs.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
i like to use ice climbers against marth, but i probably can't use them for **** now :S
that's funny cause on the falco boards everyone tells me to pick up marth as a secondary just for that MU (and to use him in the Pika one too I would assume) for the simple fact that (supposedly) he ***** them.

HyL!

Smash Lord
i've never played a good marth offline with them or anything, but i just always found it fun to shield mindlessly forward airing marth's and chaingrab them

Duo55

Smash Ace
okay then my next question is what is so special about landing lag on platforms? like what is it about the landing lag on a platform that is better than the landing lag on stage?

and this is not a loaded question or just a rhetorical one. I just really wanna know why it is so significant where the landing lag occurs.
This could get lengthy but I'll try to keep it short. Almost every character has atleast afew frame of vulnerability upon every landing (meaning the time inbetween your air dodge cancels and your shield comes up. You usually can't punish these frames from characters like mk because he uses auto canceled aerials to keep you out of range of punishing these frames. if you are under a platform and mk lands above you, then there is nothing he can do to stop you from being close enough to punish these frames, making it to where even slow characters like rob can take advantage. You just got a taste of a "high levels of play" lesson ; ) I hope you understand what I mean.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
This could get lengthy but I'll try to keep it short. Almost every character has atleast afew frame of vulnerability upon every landing (meaning the time inbetween your air dodge cancels and your shield comes up. You usually can't punish these frames from characters like mk because he uses auto canceled aerials to keep you out of range of punishing these frames. if you are under a platform and mk lands above you, then there is nothing he can do to stop you from being close enough to punish these frames, making it to where even slow characters like rob can take advantage. You just got a taste of a "high levels of play" lesson ; ) I hope you understand what I mean.
okay....just a few things. Mainly, when would this scenario ever happen....would MK not just nado away or shuttle loop or dimensional cape away from a rob being right below him..... I just don't see why an MK would ever be forced to land above a rob unless he is in free fall (in which case, why did he use a move in the air that put him in free fall when ROB is on stage?).

I'm sorry I'm not trying to be combative. I really do appreciate you offering answers. It's just don't really can't get my head wrapped around this significance. It just seems like it would never come into play. Well at least not with MK. But even with other chracters, I would assume they could get away from landing on top of a ROB.

But w.e. probably just best to drop it before someone once again misinterprets what I am asking and then offers an all but irritating response.

But thanks Duo for offering me this lesson.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Well since Snap's Ike is dead that's irrelevant to me now. Just know that its a somewhat comedic story.
Kieth and jaurice please stop bringing up my name, period.

Read what shady said. I have no interest in playing this game any more with any of you in a serious manner.

Most of you are children.

Duo55

Smash Ace
okay....just a few things. Mainly, when would this scenario ever happen....would MK not just nado away or shuttle loop or dimensional cape away from a rob being right below him..... I just don't see why an MK would ever be forced to land above a rob unless he is in free fall (in which case, why did he use a move in the air that put him in free fall when ROB is on stage?).
See, its not about what MK can do, its about what the person playing MK can do. Just because he should do something doesn't mean he will. Hypothetically, mk could win every match without getting hit if played perfectly, but humans are not perfect and that is where you take advantage. You get in his mind, make him respond to your movement the way you want him to, predict his reaction and destroy his anus. That is how that situation would come about. When you get to a higher level of play it becomes less about MUs and more about players.

I'm sorry I'm not trying to be combative. I really do appreciate you offering answers. It's just don't really can't get my head wrapped around this significance. It just seems like it would never come into play. Well at least not with MK. But even with other chracters, I would assume they could get away from landing on top of a ROB.
Read above.

But w.e. probably just best to drop it before someone once again misinterprets what I am asking and then offers an all but irritating response.

But thanks Duo for offering me this lesson.
No problem. Hopefuly others were paying attention as well...

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
im thinking about doing this for kevin, and would like ur help. but i would have to say ur name to do so. if thats ok

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I meant dont say my name in context to brawl and whether or not im good/bad at it.

Because I dont play it. thats like saying im bad at mario party because i use to play that.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
I meant dont say my name in context to brawl and whether or not im good/bad at it.

Because I dont play it. thats like saying im bad at mario party because i use to play that.
don't fool urself. everyone is bad at mario party; the trick is to only play ppl who you can beat (i.e. you can tap the a button faster than them in minigames or can alternate between l and r)...good MK practice

...i joke, i joke. on both of those things I was kidding.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
...i joke, i joke. on both of those things I was kidding.
You are dead wrong about Mario Party, Zelad.

Have you not seen the livestream for MLG Hawaii Private Circuit?

maybe I was too subtle

I just found an opportunity to make a slight joke at competitive mario party; not to be taken seriously at all. There, I think I was blunt enough there.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom