• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
wow how do you quote from another thread?

marth doesn't approach falcon, when he does, he loses, when he doesn't, he wins
Well, I wanted to post the same thing at the same time, so I just copied it to show that I asked the same question somewhere else as well

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Ideally you'd approach Falcon with fairs, because those'll beat out pretty much anything he can throw at you. Nairs could work, but his nairs or dairs could trump yours. Sometimes uairs are a nice surprise if they try to full jump an aerial to counter your approach.

Doc match up... cancel pills with your sword and gimp him before he gimps you.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
I'm just assuming that since you will CC his attacks, you will take the initiative and strike before he does (which is one of the purposes of CC)...

Lots of Doc's lead in with jabs to other stuff.
---
LOL, I get it now. G-mo was giving you trouble, Tai?

Not to worry. At least you know what to do in general now. :laugh:

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I'm just assuming that since you will CC his attacks, you will take the initiative and strike before he does (which is one of the purposes of CC)...

Lots of Doc's lead in with jabs to other stuff.
---
LOL, I get it now. G-mo was giving you trouble, Tai?

Not to worry. At least you know what to do in general now. :laugh:
Yes :dizzy:

His doc gives me more trouble than any of his other characters. I can **** his Falcon with my Fox, but I just seem to feel weird using Marth.

Smash Journeyman
What do I do when I'm on the ledge and Peach is sitting back spamming turnips? And any tips for avoiding that Dsmash?

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
What do I do when I'm on the ledge and Peach is sitting back spamming turnips? And any tips for avoiding that Dsmash?
Ledgehop to get invincibility frames if the turnips fly at you so you won't get hit away. If peach is close by the ledge where you are, time a ledgehop to waveland onto the stage as she is pulling out a turnip and grab her, aerial w/e. If she is far away doing this, it shouldnt really be a problem as it takes awhile for turnips to fly at you and you can get up really fast.

Smash Journeyman
What counters Doc's drop off bair (from hanging on the ledge) when recovering? Which way to DI when Jiggs Dthrows me?

I.B

Smash Lord
di close enough to recover but far enough that he'd have to go a bit far to hit you, then just fair him or something.

as for jiggs dthrow, i'm pretty sure you just di away

Tero.

Smash Champion
Any advice on killing Peach ? They always life up to 180% if i fight them lol

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
lol, just do air attacks vs doc (and CC when he hits you), and he won't hit you with CC down smash and your aerial attacks will just beat pills w/out lagging. Don't listen to what P said, unless your goal is to lose, in which case you should listen to him.
Basically, that's marth really has to do to beat doc.

Space aerials.

__

You start throwing stuff on the ground, you give doc a chance to block and punish and whatnot. You stay spaced with your aerials, he cant CC d.smash (wont reach).

As long as you keep throwing aerials, doc has to carefully jump in through that nonsense.

That's really the nutshell of the matchup.

What counters Doc's drop off bair (from hanging on the ledge) when recovering? Which way to DI when Jiggs Dthrows me?
Fair. XD

Doc can only b.air you if he

1) waits for a fair
2) knows you're not going to f.air

cause your f.air is going to beat him.

So if you wait for him to do it and he doesnt, you recover. If he does, you fair him... then recover. >.>

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Basically, that's marth really has to do to beat doc.

Space aerials.

__

You start throwing stuff on the ground, you give doc a chance to block and punish and whatnot. You stay spaced with your aerials, he cant CC d.smash (wont reach).

As long as you keep throwing aerials, doc has to carefully jump in through that nonsense.

That's really the nutshell of the matchup.

Fair. XD

Doc can only b.air you if he

1) waits for a fair
2) knows you're not going to f.air

cause your f.air is going to beat him.

So if you wait for him to do it and he doesnt, you recover. If he does, you fair him... then recover. >.>

what if he wavedashes in and ccs ur fair at mid-low% what then! i'll tell you what CC DSMASH baby!

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
ill tell ya what, if ya space it right, bet it still wont be a cc d.smash!
i'll tell you what the super pro mario ruined your spacing with his perfect wavedash to beautifully crouch cancelled dsmash and now you're flying off the side of battlefield with no chance of grabbing the ledge, what do you do?

Top Bottom