• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
For marth dittos, i'm a lil confused as to which way to DI when getting chaingrabbed at 0%. So when the other marth fthrows me, do you di up and away or down and away? I've been told to do both so i'm not sure which one... Also, when I get grabbed near the edge and fthrown (again at really low%), which way do I DI? If I DI in, I get hit, if I DI out, I get tippered... =/

Also, Cactuar, is it better to perfect edge tech then try to sweetspot the edge again with up-b (is it matchup dependant? 0.o) or jump tech to immediate bair?

just asdi away with the stick and try and smash di away to avoid the tipper

HowdYdoo

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know the % for throws into tippers against jiggly? I think 0-7 for fthrow > tipper. But i'm not so sure about bthrow > tipper, 30-60?.
Also, how do you kill jiggly once they get high%? I usually spam utilt, but that gets predictable and I get owned for it, but I don't know any other kill moves. Tipper aerials don't kill for me, jiggs has too many jumps and flies back, stupid puffball. (I'd rather spam utilt than fsmash, since fsmash has more lag)

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
Aren't you supposed to catch me in your >B and then do the ^tilt? It locks me in unless I SDI away, I think. It comes out faster, too.

HowdYdoo

Smash Cadet
overB doesn't have the biggest range (smaller than utilt/ftilt/fsmash) I find it hard to land that move, it doesn't look like something to initiate, more like a move you'd use when you see that the jiggs airdodged or something.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I see Ken fthrow to wavedash utilt or wavesmash a lot. I dunno. Jigglypuff is stupid. Play Fox and laser spam.

Havokbringer

Smash Lord
Also m2k does I think it was either a back or down throw to f-smash.

But it has to be done so they are surprised or fast enough to not DI it.

:D

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Yeah someone was saying that dsmash kills Jiggs at fifty with full DI. Fully charged, tippered, etc.

Oh yeah, I was messing around with the knockback of Marth's moves (horizontally anyway) and apparently...

Charged Shield Breaker > charged fsmash tipper > fsmash tipper > reverse Dolphin Slash > third neutral Double Edged Dance > ftilt tipper = fsmash

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
close-hit dsmash is horizontal but it mostly works on fox/falco the best, sets up for edgeguards

mid-hit dsmash sucks

tipper dsmash, yea strong vertical

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
The more I play Marth the more I think he's got three different kinds of hits on some of his attacks. The sounds and angles don't seem to line up with just two.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Has anyone figured out where the weird horizontal knockback of the utilt is? If we could do that consistently... then there'd be no point in getting inside Marth's range! Muahaha!

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean by this Elven? Like going horizontally left or right, isn't that tippering the utilt from infront of Marth? But that goes kinda vertical/diagonal as well, so I'm not sure. Do you have any footage of what you're talking about?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
It's in front of him, really close, and somewhat low.

It's also mostly impractical because dashing back and doing grab is usually better and if you whiff it you lag like a spined turtle.

But then again you're a sly cretin so I'm going to assume you were being facetious?

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Me? Yeah, I was kidding about it dominating the close game, but it's kinda cool when that happens.

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
Yea the hit looked kinda weird. It sounded/looked like sheik got hit from infront of marth somehow cause she was really close, but its just from the back cuz of how fast the sword moved lol.
What cosmo said.

Top Bottom