• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

IrArby

Smash Ace
Thanks elvenarrow3000. I'd forgotten I asked a question here since I'm still not getting e-mail notifications anymore.

The reason I asked is I plan to incoporate the Marth Killer into my Falcon game. That way if he still makes it back on stage, I can ledgehop knee him. I was thinking this strategy would be good for Shiek too but her Forward A sends Marth Down and away which makes it easy to tech I think. IDK, I can't really test how it'll work against people at the moment.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
...actually you can DI either to tech... the knee just works better because it has more knockback and people generally don't think to tech.

But yeah, lightshield edgehog to ledgehop knee is one of the coolest looking things in Smash.

soap

Smash Hero
just watched that raynex set, glad to see the marth back in action, havent watched it since those old school ryoko/reik friendlies that got me into techno (i luv plummet now)

btw how do u smash di that fox uair everytime, ive always heard di away, then back against fox momentum but it never works for me, i may just be doing it too early in anticipation, can u explain in great detail what exactly is your method, im sick of getting "old school" uair comboed.

and those retaliatory fairs at low percents after getting baired, r u crouch cancelling in the air? wtf is going on, raynex could not combo u

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
d.i. throw one way, smash d.i. the first hit of the uair in the opposite direction you are flying. Or you can just wiggle the stick and dashdance in the air (KDJ style).

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
...actually you can DI either to tech... the knee just works better because it has more knockback and people generally don't think to tech.

But yeah, lightshield edgehog to ledgehop knee is one of the coolest looking things in Smash.
but you can do a reverse knee (muuch easier then doing a reverse fair with sheik)

soap

Smash Hero
d.i. throw one way, smash d.i. the first hit of the uair in the opposite direction you are flying. Or you can just wiggle the stick and dashdance in the air (KDJ style).
is there a specific direction to DI, away from fox, behind? straight up?

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Haha. Yeah, I suck at combos...

My group is kinda brainstorming on making a video for me, but most of it wouldn't be a combo video. It would be like... highlights of me making people look stupid, which I am ridiculously good at doing.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Cactuar has teh mindgames. His Marth makes everyone look dumb. :(

Cactus are you any good in the vs. falcon matchup? I've never seen you play it.

edit: with Marth :laugh:

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I want to Luigi ditto Pakman. :D
Sure, but I suck at those. Aside from Vist in MD/VA, who I have never played, I think I am the only active Luigi Main in Atlantic North. The only other Luigis I play are Cactuar's which is just stupid. I think I usually come out with the win, but he can definitely beat me sometimes.

Note: Awesean, if you read this I didn't forget aboot you, I am pretty sure you aren't a Luigi main. I may be mistaken.

soap

Smash Hero
VIST BEAT MANGO!

AT POUND 3...

IN POOLS.

AND LOST TO MILKTEA!

IN THE SAME POOL!

fo real vist is good though dood.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
VIST BEAT MANGO!

AT POUND 3...

IN POOLS.

AND LOST TO MILKTEA!

IN THE SAME POOL!

fo real vist is good though dood.
yea i remember not playing puff

for like 6 months then using her in

pools and losing 2 people whos name

i dont no lol

my falco was ****** people

tho

haha

soap

Smash Hero
i was in your pool, i was up a couple stock until u started tech chase resting me off platforms.

I didnt know what the **** was going on, that **** was cheap

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
can marth shffl an aerial into a shield and do something before getting shield grabbed or will he always get shield grabbed, id like to know the specifics about this.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
If you shffl, you can avoid the shieldgrab. Fair, uair and nair cancel in seven frames (four if you're autocanceling the nair) which is the same number of frames it takes to grab, so assuming that you have at least a tiny bit of shieldstun on them when you hit the ground, you can buffer a spotdodge to avoid the grab as it makes you invincible on frame two. Or you could jab. Depends on the character and how low you hit their shield.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and if you space properly, most people can't grab you anyway.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
If you shffl, you can avoid the shieldgrab. Fair, uair and nair cancel in seven frames (four if you're autocanceling the nair) which is the same number of frames it takes to grab, so assuming that you have at least a tiny bit of shieldstun on them when you hit the ground, you can buffer a spotdodge to avoid the grab as it makes you invincible on frame two. Or you could jab. Depends on the character and how low you hit their shield.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and if you space properly, most people can't grab you anyway.
thank you very much mr <3

edit: so if u hit low on the shield with a fair i assume u could probably even dtilt or utilt? or even grab?

Top Bottom