• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

HARDGAY

Smash Rookie
Change of mind. I am, in fact, the rebirth of Cactus. And yes, my Falco is something to be feared.

C!Z

Smash Lord
Questions for Cactuar... As we shared a bed on the second night of Event 52 I'm curious if you actually gave me a lil pinch on the tush or was this a dream? :laugh:

Also I'm curious as to if we shall be sharing a bed again anytime in the near future? lol

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
Wow That Was Soo Gay >_>...

I Also Wanted To Share The Time My Marth 4 Stocked Cactus In A Marth Ditto lmao..

Maybe I Should Have A Thread Ask Jman About Jman Stuff That Sounds Nice ^_^

DippnDots

Feral Youth
cactuar is so hot right now...

cactuar

When you play against Samus how the **** do you kill that ***** without letting her get to high *** percents >_>

Tero.

Smash Champion
Can anybody pick out all advice cactuar has given and categorize them by chars, generall gameplay, mindgames, di, etc. ?

Roche_CL

Smash Journeyman
what is the fastest way to get out of a grab?
i rotate the stick and press whatever buttons i can, are there any buttons that make you get out faster?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
every 1/4th rotation on the control stick kills 6 frames off the time you are stuck in the grab

every button press (not sure about all the buttons, I just know A and B work, I forget if X or Y or anything else work sorry you'll have to test that yourselves to be sure) also kills 6 frames off the time you are stunned

6 frames = 0.10 sec

I tested this long ago on my site, http://hometown.aol.com/oovideogamegodoo/myhomepage/profile.html

ancient but still fuxing amazing

Tero.

Smash Champion
At which % do you start to pummel while chaingrabbing (assuming you start chaining at 0 %)
and when du you use the utilt (i know the approximate % but i'd like to know the best %es).
Has the way your opponent DI's effect on the % you do the utilt ?

This is not only @ cactuar since i know he doesn't chain, any1 else please feel free to answer if you know.

thx in advance and excuse my bad english.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
you utilt depending on how they di, I believe, to knock them back into a grab, going from memory, i've seen marths start kneeing during a grab around 30ish, you can mix up doing one or two knees to try to throw off their di also. I'm also assuming you're talking about the 0-death tipper CG you see marth's doing on spacies.

Tero.

Smash Champion
you utilt depending on how they di, I believe, to knock them back into a grab, going from memory, i've seen marths start kneeing during a grab around 30ish, you can mix up doing one or two knees to try to throw off their di also. I'm also assuming you're talking about the 0-death tipper CG you see marth's doing on spacies.
I know its arround the 30ish, thats why i wrote "i know the approximate % but i'd like to know the best %es" sry if that wasnt clear, as i said my english is not that good.

And yeah im talkin about the 0-death cg on spacies.

Another question about that: What is the best thing to do AFTER the Utilt -> regrab

*goes to watch some m2k videos*

Brainjack

Smash Journeyman
every 1/4th rotation on the control stick kills 6 frames off the time you are stuck in the grab

every button press (not sure about all the buttons, I just know A and B work, I forget if X or Y or anything else work sorry you'll have to test that yourselves to be sure) also kills 6 frames off the time you are stunned

6 frames = 0.10 sec

I tested this long ago on my site, http://hometown.aol.com/oovideogamegodoo/myhomepage/profile.html

ancient but still fuxing amazing
is rotating the c stick completely useless?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Can you react Fsmash to most stand up techs? Or is the lag of the smash too slow? I've never really taken it into consideration that I could be reacting fairly quickly, but it doesn't matter as the tech is too fast. Are there any examples of this happening?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
i mean if one person doesnt answer the question maybe you should elaborate so people can...not trying to be a ****...just saying

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I know its arround the 30ish, thats why i wrote "i know the approximate % but i'd like to know the best %es" sry if that wasnt clear, as i said my english is not that good.

And yeah im talkin about the 0-death cg on spacies.

Another question about that: What is the best thing to do AFTER the Utilt -> regrab

*goes to watch some m2k videos*
uhm...i utilt uair and then kind of go from there...depending onw here i am and wher ethey di...

oops sorry for the double.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
It doesn't work on Roy 'cause Roy has multiple hits on his Blazer, so he'll cause you to fall back with one hit, you'll lose your shield, and he'll hit you with the rest. It works on Luigi, though.

You can avoid it by recovering onto the stage, airdodging past them, Dolphin Slashing early so you don't hit their shield and fall onto the edge, double jump nairing the shield... fair to push them further into the stage, stuff like that.

You do it by rolling towards the edge, but holding the direction of the roll and Z during the roll, letting go of shield before the end, which will cause you to pop out of the roll with a lightshield angled backwards. You can (and probably should) fastfall onto the ledge after.

IrArby

Smash Ace
Both Sheik and C. Falcon can do the Marth Killa right? I'm pretty sure but I think they're not as consistent with it. Sometimes Marth can beat them to the edge I think. Your thoughts?

OmegaSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Hey everone,

I have troubles with 2 match-ups with Marth, Luigi and ICs, since I've fought against good ones until now. Could anyone give me some basic tips for those match-ups? Thanks in advance.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
im not very good with marth but i hope this helps

vs ics down tilt waorks very well try it alot

and vs luigi just out space him with fair ^_^

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Jman speaks the truth. Outspace and don't get grabbed by the ICs.

And IrAby, anyone who falls faster than Marth can do the Marth killer. So yeah, Sheik and Falcon can.

Top Bottom