• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
dude, if you have more important **** to do then go do it.

don't be like those people who are like, "I don't really smoke weed, but my friends are pressuring me. I don't want to be a ***** and NOT smoke"
joseph these are two completely different things
LMAO

strawhats

Smash Master
Honestly, having played kk's and m2k's sheik at ROM, and having watched Ether play m2k's sheik. I gotta say I like Ether to win this. Hey, Ether, just pull up that video you recorded on your phone. lol.

Not to say you aren't a beast KK, but you did tell me a few things that I would repeat, but you didn't want them to be widespread knowledge, I just hope you remember so you know where I'm coming from.
Please don't tell me m2k didn't do marth dittos with ether in bracket.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
edit x2 - just checked my paycheck for this week, looks like I'm getting paid big time, so I'm going to get with the MD/VA guys driving to Apex and work out the details, because I just might be going after all.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

this is what I like to hear
-random ether fanboy

Ether

Smash Ace
I made sure to Marth ditto him on his beloved FD game 1 in bracket, under the condition that he would switch to Sheik game 2. Eh, close games, one stock, high percent. FD is my best Marth ditto stage, too.

I partially regret not getting it recorded on livestream, but I play better without hype just like m2k, so I was okay with not recording it.

:phone:

Ether

Smash Ace
lol, thanks, but I know I still need a lot more experience. I intend to travel and play only friendlies every other tourney, just for the experience.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Do you think playing friendlies helps you improve more, or do you just not like entering for some reason? I always tell myself I won't enter until I can actually beat people, but I can't help myself. I just wanna upset someone so badly, and I only get a chance once a month, if that, anyway.

Ether

Smash Ace
I think friendlies help me improve more because you get more matches in. I don't even want to upset people. I think other people from MD/VA want me to. I just wanna play, lol.

odinNJ

Smash Lord
what is everyones favorite cheez dair setup at early percents, im a big fan of fthrow -> runoff fast fall -> double jump -> rising dair

.Chipmunk.

Smash Ace
I made sure to Marth ditto him on his beloved FD game 1 in bracket, under the condition that he would switch to Sheik game 2. Eh, close games, one stock, high percent. FD is my best Marth ditto stage, too.

I partially regret not getting it recorded on livestream, but I play better without hype just like m2k, so I was okay with not recording it.

:phone:
Yeah, M2K originally had sheik selected, then switched to Marth. Ether gave a resounding 'aww' and M2K said, "Only if we do FD." The ditto was much more one sided than the Marth v Sheik game, and afterwards M2K said, "I don't understand, that's the hardest Marth I've ever faced." (That's quoted too, Ether has that saved on video on his phone.)

So after Ether lost to Scar in losers (He should have beaten him), he and I played friendlies for a long time, talking about Marth vs Sheik and Marth vs Marth. Good times all around.

So yeah, considering the close matches I had with KK and M2K (sheiks) and the fact that Ether almost beat M2K's sheik; there is no doubt in either one of our minds that it's an even MU.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
lol, I like this.

also, are you THE kfc? dude, I admire your marth so freaking much, but there are so few vids of you. Do you play anymore?
lol yeah i am "THE" kfc. thanks it is good to know that people still know who i am. and sorry i don't really go to tournaments currently =/
joseph these are two completely different things
LMAO
LOL dude i realized that like 5 seconds after posting it. i was too lazy to edit. the point still kinda still stands though?

Niko45

Smash Master
dat ppu marth man, just stumbled on some old vids randomly from october and I just love watching this guy

USE NAIR PPL, THIS MAN KNOWS

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Honestly, having played kk's and m2k's sheik at ROM, and having watched Ether play m2k's sheik. I gotta say I like Ether to win this. Hey, Ether, just pull up that video you recorded on your phone. lol.

Not to say you aren't a beast KK, but you did tell me a few things that I would repeat, but you didn't want them to be widespread knowledge, I just hope you remember so you know where I'm coming from.
You can think what you want. FWIW I've been working on the MU somewhat diligently so... yeah.

Also, it's important to remember that I haven't agreed to character lock yet (and don't intend to). If this detail seems unimportant, ask Ether how he did vs my Fox =X

Ether

Smash Ace
matchup is 90% marth 10% sheik as long as your heart is filled with darkness

edit, yeah, KK beat me each time with Fox. So yeeeeeeep, I'd be down for that, too!

man, just thinking about it makes me want to play again!!

.Chipmunk.

Smash Ace
it's not an even MU, it was 1 game tim o_O
You forget that the game -right before- your tourney matches with Ether, I was versing your sheik on PS and I was up 2 stocks to 1 right before you quit out to play Ether. So that's at least 2 games :p

Yeah, you ***** me in pools when it counted. I'll be the first to admit it but, if the Marth plays on point it's totally even. Sheik can just blow Marth up for mistakes alot harder than some other characters can. It's similar to how Marth can blow himself up.

Ether

Smash Ace
sheik and marth are like Spike and Vicious from cowboy bebop.

one has a projectile and one has a sword, but they can both kill each other.

Also, m2k can do better against me, maybe he was just nervous. I'll have to be ready to step it up more than he steps it up next time, and maybe I can take him!

or maybe not.

or maybe YES.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
.Chipmunk, I love you but don't take every friendly seriously. I thought I ***** you a lot of games too but maybe I've mistaken you for someone else. But something to consider is that I'm a really experimental player and so is M2K... a lot of times we want to test things on people where we can recreate situations easily or warm up so we're not playing to just win by maximum margin. That said, your criticisms of me are mostly fair since I openly state I suck vs Marth. However, I've also worked on it so while it's still an uncomfortable MU I'm confident I'll throttle Ether. Because I sometimes do that to people.

Ether another MM is of course acceptable. If we're doing 2 then I don't mind being character locked as much. I want to play some friendlies with you though. You were really fun. You shut down my DD game 2 really well, but I found some bad habits that sadly secured it for me even with your big lead...

Was really fun though. I like fighting engaging opponents. Hope you do well at whatever tournament's next (hopefully APEX - this is a not so subtle nudge to come).

Ether

Smash Ace
shucks, if you found my bad habits, I'm more interested in learning them than beating you. ;_;

edit - I'm even MORE interested how you found such crippling habits in such a short amount of time. the pros are so strong.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I'm not even pro =x

Imagine what fighting someone like PP must be like O_o

edit: I'm adding you to AIM. You seem fun to talk to. kirbykaze3038

Bl00dyBizkitz

Smash Cadet
Lol, alright I'm going to be that guy.

I'm new, here and at the game of Melee, and I can't perform a Ken Combo to save my life. Like, not even against Lv1 CPU's. I can do fair->fair->fsmash, but can't link fair into dair for some strange reason.

Obviously, being new at the game, I should be more focused on gaining experience (or rather have the experience beat into you) and learning how to read and set up my mindset, but since I can't play with friends all that often, the only thing I can do is practice combos. And of course, the famous Ken Combo is out of my grasp.

Idk, feel like an idiot for asking, but decided to anyway.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Just practice moving fluidly with dash, dash dance, dash > run > dash cancel (and stuff after dash cancel), WD > stuff (attacks, dash, etc), WL, and other stuff while jumping and doing jump things (SH, FJ, SHFFL, SH > fade away, etc) and different attacks.

SHFFL tipped fair > dash jump dair is the easiest Ken combo variation. Try it around 40%.

Be able to JC grab and dash JC grab on command consistently. Out of dash dance and other movements. It's 100% essential for this character.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Lol, alright I'm going to be that guy.

I'm new, here and at the game of Melee, and I can't perform a Ken Combo to save my life. Like, not even against Lv1 CPU's. I can do fair->fair->fsmash, but can't link fair into dair for some strange reason.

Obviously, being new at the game, I should be more focused on gaining experience (or rather have the experience beat into you) and learning how to read and set up my mindset, but since I can't play with friends all that often, the only thing I can do is practice combos. And of course, the famous Ken Combo is out of my grasp.

Idk, feel like an idiot for asking, but decided to anyway.
where do you live?

odinNJ

Smash Lord
Does anyone know at what percent fthrow dtilt stops working on fox (without outward DI). I cant really get a feel for it, also should i be fthrow fsmashing off of inward DI at low percents to set up for edgeguards?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I think it's better to let her pull turnips.

-You can nair through them, and if you use Z, you can catch and drop turnips and THEN nair. If you mess up the timing, you still nair through the turnip.

-When she has a turnip, she doesn't have a dash attack or a grab. She also might try to jump at you more for aerial turnip to float cancel fair, which you'll nair straight through and juggle.

-You can occassionally hit her right as she's pulling a turnip.

Peach slows down tremendously when she pulls turnips. Won't see them doing crazy dash dancing or anything when they pull 'em.
I never considered that......

what a neat idea! Explains why DD camping Peach really is THAT effective. Good post. =)

Probably a lot of people.
MEEEEE

Top Bottom