• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

huMps

Smash Ace
Couple questions.
Options out of crouch canceling for marth?
And grabbing out of CC, should I still JC grab or not?

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Actually if you don't jc it, you tend to jab instead of grab. So if you are gonna do it that way make sure you jc it.

I jc it all the time for whatever reason and yea

:phone:

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
doing the non-JC method is a few frames faster (no, it's not significant), but it's also more likely to make you jab.

.Chipmunk.

Smash Ace
doing the non-JC method is a few frames faster (no, it's not significant), but it's also more likely to make you jab.
Not significant? This game is all about frames. Sometimes one frame is the difference between taking a stock and losing one. I would say it's significant.

What you want to do is do it the fastest way possible and work on it till you are grabbing everytime and not jabbing.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
what do people here think about u-air vs u-tilt as a low percent setup on platforms?

i can't verbalize a single reason why anyone should use u-tilt before u-air. IS there any reason, or is u-air always better than u-tilt?

u-air tips easier, u-air probably connects easier on the dreamland platforms, you have less lag for follow-up if they ASDI down and tech (meaning you can tipper u-air for the knockdown and then immediately u-tilt for the pop-up or tipper if you're a balls-deep kinda guy), and well.... those seem like good enough reasons for me to always pick u-air over u-tilt.

only flaw i could possibly think of is that it might be easier to get hit out of u-air, but this seems completely avoidable, although i haven't gotten to test it yet.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
is it possible to tech in-place and shield before u-air hits? if so, u-tilt might come out a little faster and have a little more viability in this situation.

stopNstart

Smash Journeyman
Personally, u-tilt is just easier to not mess up skillwise if i can read the tech, (most ppl like falcos like to tech opposite of where you're facing/located cuz they know you want that easy u-tilt), but i feel u-air is safer, just sometimes its weird to get the next hit depending on DI (but immediate u-tilt *****), i sometimes n-air(get em off stage), f-air or waveland grab to keep em on their toes.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
What do you mean by that?
I simply ment that your Falcon is not on the same level as your amazing Ganon <3

EDIT: I always Utilt under platfoms....I just think it's easier to follow up Utilts than Uairs. I cannot chain together Uair>Uairs like I always see people doing on the top platform of Yoshis.

Can you CC while in your dash animation?

Beat!

Smash Master
If they're at super low % (like <10%), I generally don't want to throw them onto platforms, as it can be difficult to get a combo going. But,if I had to choose, I'd probably go with uair (another mixup option I like is to just jump up there and regrab them).

t-iceman

Smash Journeyman
up air is definitely better because even if they do sdi down and tech it you should have time to get them with an up tilt before they can shield. Also up air comes out faster than uptilt and has less lag than up tilt (alot less)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Good advice. Truth be told I practice my other characters way more than my Doc in friendlies and the times I've switched I've had success, tho I haven't really done it in a tournament situation vs. a player I considered better than me. Most of the time I only switch vs. players people assume I should beat, so it doesn't really get me anywhere. It's sort of a pride thing I guess... Still tho, I'll def keep this in mind. Next tourney Swift we should do some $1 mm's with our jank characters, I could def use the practice.

you got it, thats would be awesome. rom4?

MT_

Smash Ace
Utilt might be better in the following situation:

You are beneath the platform (in the middle) and you uthrow them onto the platform above. If you opt to go for a falling uair (falling so there's less lag on the move; otherwise there's no reason to use it instead of utilt) then you MUST make the read for if they tech left or right. If you have them read, then uair is the better option, but if you intend to just follow their tech based off of reaction, then utilt is an all-encompassing option.

Uair forces the reaction out of someone rather than having to wait for one and have no real consequence for missing when your follow-up will hit them anyway.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Is FD Marth's worst stage vs Sheik? Based on limited experience I kinda feel like it is but I could be totally misinformed based on a few friendlies.

This matchup makes me stress LOL no room for error at all.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
I personally believe Marth gets ****ed up hardcore on FD. You gotta play crazy defensive and gay vs Sheik. Same with Doc. I much prefer platforms vs her.

.Chipmunk.

Smash Ace
Is FD Marth's worst stage vs Sheik? Based on limited experience I kinda feel like it is but I could be totally misinformed based on a few friendlies.

I think it goes both ways. Sheik is easier to edgeguard on FD because there are no platforms (at least imo). Just keep her above you as often as possible and keep your spacing.

Niko45

Smash Master
hmm really? I think it can be quite good vs her.

Basically the long flat stage is well set up for you to bait dash attacks and grab them, while if she goes to the air that's a pretty solid commitment on her part since she has no real way to get back down without like delayed needles or something.

It can really depend on how good you are at punishing her out of her double jump.

I think FoD is the hands down worst against her personally.

I like YS, Pokemon/FD, then battlefield against her. In tournament beating her on BF is the key.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I was wondering if I just was just lacking in punishment game. I didn't mind any other stage vs Sheik than DL really, but Twitch is mad gay so maybe DL just plays to that and everywhere else is easier to catch him on.

I'll play it some more soon and see what I think. Thanks for the feedback guys. =)

.Chipmunk.

Smash Ace
I think Marth has better recovery on DL. I swear that I can get away with off stage antics on DL moreso than any other stage. Also, the wind makes dd and wd so much cooler looking. Dash dancing with no smoke is way fun on DL and FoD as well. Yeah, the platforms suck but utilt still hits as does uair and let's face it, we could all do with a little less fsmash anyway.

OverLord

Smash Ace

FD is Marth's best stage against Sheik, but you really have to know how it works there, otherwise it's a pain in the ***.
No needles shenanigans from platforms, and you can take stage control with DTilts fairly easy, she really has to work hard if you know what to do. You can punish her really hard UThrowing her. DashAtt too is good to catch her while retreating.

I'd go FD all day against every Sheik on the planet.

I think FoD is the hands down worst against her personally.
Really? It's actually my second choice after FD. Platforms are way more uncomfortable for her IMO.
If you control the center of the stage, she's pretty much done.

Top Bottom