• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
no of course not

i like guys that are really mean to me in the nicest way possible

but connor also tells me i'm a ****ty man***** so idk if you should be taking advice from me on that kind of stuff

I thought marth was a woman..............
M*A*R*T*H = Gingerbreading Man? o.0 This is a cruel april fool's joke.

Anyway, anyone familiar with what attacks it is possible for marth to crouch cancel receiving no hitstun? I know it works for a lot of Shiek's attacks. Jabs as well, but that's roughly it. Or at the very least, the stuff its not smart to try to crouch cancel.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
M*A*R*T*H = Gingerbreading Man? o.0 This is a cruel april fool's joke.

Anyway, anyone familiar with what attacks it is possible for marth to crouch cancel receiving no hitstun? I know it works for a lot of Shiek's attacks. Jabs as well, but that's roughly it. Or at the very least, the stuff its not smart to try to crouch cancel.
first of all, you should keep in mind that there is a difference between CC and ASDI down. they both involve you sticking to the ground when you get hit by holding down, but to CC, you actually have to be in your crouching animation, so if you're in some stun and you just hold down to CC grab an attack, it's actually ASDI down. the only real difference is that CC lasts to WAAAAYYY higher percentages.

but yeah, it depends on marth's percent and what part of the attack as well. for example, if marth WDs back to a spacie's nair approach, then they'll hit him with a weaker part of the sex kick, which is easily CCable. i don't think marth can CC the early part of the nair very well.

he can CC most of sheik's attacks... fair, nair, tilts and sometimes dash attack. however, you can't get cc grabs on tilts *that* easily since they're usually spaced. also, CC probably isn't the greatest option vs dash attack. it's AMAZING vs her aerials, though.

he can CC falcon's nair pretty well
he can CC pikachu's nair and uair decently (i hate that i'm making note of this)
he can CC his own fair pretty well, as long as it's not tipped.
he can CC spacies' aerials if they're weakened :glare:
he can CC jabs and tilts pretty well

Just quote my post to read what i said

ILM

Smash Journeyman
Is nair to cover platform options as versatile as I think it is? Lately I've been sh nairing to cover a tech when I'm not in position to fsmash, like on Dreamland and fh/dj nairing top platforms. Is there a sounder strategy to cover platform options?

Niko45

Smash Master
If you are trying to tech chase from beneath a platform, nair's not better than utilt or uair (or fsmash in some cases).

If they are already out of the tech and are just shielding on the platform nair is really good because it shield stabs a lot.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
pikachu's u-air will terrorize your soul
and make you feel like there is no good in the world

Aber

Smash Journeyman
Hey Cactus I'm having trouble edgeguarding fox when he recovers high with an up b or side b.....Any advice? Anyone else feel free to chime in with any advice with what you do in these situations thanks

Dart!

Smash Master
Hey Cactus I'm having trouble edgeguarding fox when he recovers high with an up b or side b.....Any advice? Anyone else feel free to chime in with any advice with what you do in these situations thanks
high being straight up or the lovage angle?

Aber

Smash Journeyman
If the Lovage angle is like starting the firefox above the stage and going at like a 45ish degree angle upwards to land on stage/on a platform then that lol......Anytime they start the recovery above the stage really

Top Bottom