• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon's Match-Up Database! | (General Discussion); UPDATED: April 18th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
if you're close to him jab

if not shield b/c it can only grab you from so far away
During the flipping frames, is when it'll grab, unless they switch to the kick. Utilt will beat both options out, since the kick is coming from the top, over Diddy's head.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Utilt or an upward Ftilt. Both do well against it.
Not recommended, but you could always roll too.
Fending off Diddy's side+B is hella annoying.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Utilt or an upward Ftilt. Both do well against it.
Not recommended, but you could always roll too.
Fending off Diddy's side+B is hella annoying.
It is. We could possibly UpB him, but that's just me. I <3 UpB. The nearest Diddy in my area is Count, and then there's AvaricePanda. Both are really legit Diddy's, and I can get some valuable MU knowledge from them.

bigbucks

Smash Journeyman
We have to be agressive an carefull at the same time. If we play defensively, We will get our banana *****. Give Diddy little time to breathe, At the beggining of the match, RUN at him like crazy an do a combination of Shs, FHs an nairs to keep him guessing on where he will throw the banana. Catch bananas, use them wisely, I reccomend baiting Diddy with Z-drop to aerial catch, Will most probably make a mistake that allos us for some naner fun.
Naner combos in my mind

Naners should Combo into most of falcons regular combos, keep this in mind.

BUT NEVER FORGET
Z-Drop to Knee

A user name

Smash Journeyman
Are we ever going to officially stop discussing this match up and move on to a new one?

PZ

Smash Lord
When Darky writes up summary of mus until then READ MY BORING THINGY.

Diddy's optionns:
Dtilt and utilt juggle. Utilt juggles up to 1 or 2 times but can combo into many options like fair or up angled ftilt. Dtilt combos into dash grab, dash attack, ftilt, dsmash, fsmash, fair, and another dtilt. Basically dtilt combos at many percentages. His ftilt and fair are good for spacing. Dash Attack=crack. Peanut gun can be cancelled by hitting the dodge button once. Bananas is the bread and butter of diddy and can combo depending on your percentage such as racking and killing. Monkey flip is mostly used as a recovery or to get to airborne bananas. His up b you should be aware of his barrels flying they are random and can hit you after you hit him. Usmash would mostly be used for BDACUS combos, suprise attacks, and the B.O.A.T combo. Fsmash is used for racking mostly. Dsmash is used for killing. Fsmash and dsmash are basically the most done things after you get hit by a banana. Fair is awesome killing move and spacing. Bair is good for well.. its redicusly fast and lagless. Nair will rarely be used ever. Uair is like a mini ZSS uair. Diddy has a easier time gimping out recovery.

Our man falcon's options:
Dtilt and utilt is pretty good for this mu. Ftilt will rarely be used. Jab is an awesome damage builder but should be used wisely since diddy has quick aerials. Dash attack is a good move since it puts diddy in his worst spot above falcon. Fsmash sucks since diddy is very fast. Dsmash would be great in this mu for after using bananas and some good reading your opponent roll, attack, and get up. Usmash sends diddy up so this would also be good. Dair and uair are great aerials for this mu. Bair should be used sparingly and nair only for the first hit nair<jab<grab combo. RB boost=god send. Falcon kick would only be good for platforms such as BF and Delfino. falcon will be your best friend after first hit nair for racking is very hard on diddy. Dtilt and utilt is easy to get out of by Ding up- right is and easy way to get of being juggled but you should know diddy's options. We can gimp diddy's recovery but be careful. Man handle his bananas.

Helpful threads
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=270169
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=263302
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267957

My final decision is 35-65 diddy's favor.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Yeah guys, I'm going to do the write-up soon. We have enough info to make a decent summery and if I have to add onto it once I made it, I will. Until then, go ahead and start the next discussion.

What character is it gonna be now?

Player-3

Smash Hero
helmet one or two matches isn't much offline experience

xD

i play the best dk in my state alot and it's not a hard matchup really

hes so fat

and side b spiking him out of his recovery is soooo easy

lordhelmet

Smash Master
helmet one or two matches isn't much offline experience

xD

i play the best dk in my state alot and it's not a hard matchup really

hes so fat

and side b spiking him out of his recovery is soooo easy
I actually got a lot of legit games against L_Cancel's Olimar and Demp's DK. Wasn't two matches >_>

And yeah, DK is easy. Olimar IS ****ING GAYYYYY

bigbucks

Smash Journeyman
i kneed help against sonic wat to do and wat not to do and safe kill moves
Just play defensive

Jab>>>> pretty much any of sonics approaches except for spaced bairs

Just use your safest moves, sonic will put the hurting on you if your not carefull.
So your main ground moves should be jab an ftilt, we beat him in the air. Uair destroys him. :laugh:
I have experience from playing a pretty good sonic main

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Always DI and tech Sonic's dthrows.
Jab > Sonic.
Utilt > Sonic.
You can grab him out of a spindash.
Bair outspaces Sonic like crazy.

Sonic can be annoying, but he isn't too difficult.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
for some reason some sonics like to gimp with springs >.>
Quoted for truth.
Spring > Edge-Canceled Dair is an easy way for Sonics to gimp and Edge-hog, should the opponent still be in range of recovery.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
I'm gonna say Olimar.

Falco and MK are up their obv, but Olimar is just a huge pain. I've been getting really good at the MK match-up so he's not a huge problem for me anymore.
Though you make a good point, MK is still (slightly) harder than Olimar, as Olimar still has a few 'holes' in his game to punish.

MK got no such thang.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
MKs for me are grotesquely hard to hit, not just their speed, but just....Small .-.
My best option for trying is RB, Ftilt aimed down, and Uair (When he is in the air of course; It's kinda hard to FF Uair a MK on the ground)

†Slader7†

Smash Ace

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
MKs for me are grotesquely hard to hit, not just their speed, but just....Small .-.
My best option for trying is RB, Ftilt aimed down, and Uair (When he is in the air of course; It's kinda hard to FF Uair a MK on the ground)

lolwut?
lol fail
could work
well of course :bee:

I think your logic failed :laugh:

don't forget GR => USmash :D
My response is in red, but thanks for the advice :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom