• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon's Match-Up Database! | (General Discussion); UPDATED: April 18th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
This. Is why I want to make another thread.
Maybe I misunderstood what Darky meant, but it seems like the only thing he misses right now (beside time lol) is matchup conclusions.
So why don't we write these summaries together and then send them to him ?

Or at least nominate someone who'll be in charge of writing them ?
Yeah, if you guys send me the Match-Up Conclusions and facts, I'll gladly update it. I'm trying to make it as organized as possible with LOTS of information (EX; how I did the ZSS MU), but I guess the main thing right now would be to update the thread with whatever information we have. I'll just update it more neatly at a later time.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
This. Is why I want to make another thread.
Maybe I misunderstood what Darky meant, but it seems like the only thing he misses right now (beside time lol) is matchup conclusions.
So why don't we write these summaries together and then send them to him ?

Or at least nominate someone who'll be in charge of writing them ?
He said he wants people to write up summaries. I wrote the Snake one and the ZSS one is complete, so anyone can go ahead and write the rest.

Player 3

Smash Apprentice
i just realized

i dont know any matchups with falcon
holy ****

i just react with falcon i suck

my marth is so much better because i actually think

LOL

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Updated with Snake.

It looks a bit trashy compared to ZSS's details, but I just tried to throw something together quickly so we'd have SOMETHING to read off of, at least. I'll fix the rest of it up later.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Snake and Falcon's jab come out on frame 3, not 1.
Nothing else to add, good job.

To go back to the Diddy matchup, some quick input about bananas :
  • You can't afford to not know how to JC item throw in this matchup. JC item throw is like glide toss except it can't be done OOS, else it gives the same options. JC'd bananas often combo into F/Dsmash or grab.
  • Bananas are way too predictable when used as projectile, it's better to use them as disjointed attacks.
  • When you're trip'd while standing or walking (not when running) you can grab the banana that made you trip by rolling into it and pressing A immediately.
  • It is very important to keep as much control on the bananas as you can. Try to catch the bananas directly out of Diddy's up B. And if you manage to catch one and know that you can't use it against Diddy then throw it offstage.
Yeah, all these things are situational since a good Diddy won't let you get your hands on his bananas but meh.

As for the rest I don't know what to say, just ban FD, abuse platforms, SDI his jab and Fsmash and stay away from his Fair.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Jump canceling your glidetoss can provide the distance to combo into multiple things. Hence why I claimed I loved the Diddy-Falcon MU. Though it's decent, I wouldn't risk letting the banana out of your range. Hold onto one as long as you can to prevent Diddy from having two in his possession. Drop it or throw it downward from midair, that's your best option -; followed by a weak Bair -> Ftilt or something similar. A normal aerial should do fine if not, but the main point of that is pressuring Diddy away from the banana's drop point so you'll be able to regrab it.

Once you get the hang of the banana shenanigans, then you should pray dearly that Diddy doesn't attempt to outrank maneuver you in the air rather than on the ground. That's where things get difficult. Not only does Diddy have complete ground control, but his range in the air is ridiculous as well. Superior to our own, that's for sure. Uair would be your best bet when it comes to facing off Diddy in the air because all of his aerials have ******** range.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Diddy is so gay he doesn't even wear pants :O

You can catch Diddy's peanuts and send them back in his face.
You can catch em with aerials but airdodge is what works best.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I don't know how much input we're gonna get with Diddy...

No one versus Diddy or has good strategies agaisnt him - including me.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
My best friend plays Falcon, and we've played each other so much he can catch practically any Banana I throw at him. Falcon is fast enough on the ground and in the air to beat Diddy to his own Banana out of Diddy's weak and strong Down-B pull. Falcon can't do much with Bananas, but I've noticed that he seems to be one of the characters who can gain control of them the easiest. Learn how to use aerials with Bananas (at the peak of your jump, Z-Drop and aerial immediately) and practice where a Banana will land depending on what throw you use, and Falcon can employ them fairly well (and JC Throws are good too, but decently telegraphed due to Diddy players dealing with Glide Tosses all the time).

I'll disagree with an earlier comment about throwing Bananas offstage if you can't use them immediately; rather, I would say you should jump to a place that is either difficult to reach for Diddy or that is one you can control well and Z-Drop the Banana to the ground (and proceed from there). Bananas on the ground last much longer, and as long as you can protect it, Diddy will be stuck without one for that much longer.

Fun fact: on some stages, if the Diddy player pulls a Banana the moment the game starts, you can beat him to his own first Banana from all the way across the stage.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Thanks for the input, Ingulit. That's what I was trying to get across as well. But Falcon does have a few tricks with his Jump Canceled Glide Toss (albeit inferior to what he can do in the air with them).

Aside from that, Diddy's Fair does control the air space. It's not difficult to get around to maintain control, but it does have better range than all our aerials, aside from a spaced Uair and a [strictly timed] Nair.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
I have a decent amount of diddy experience

I'm just, really ****ing lazy lol

If I stop being lazy I'll type stuff up ._.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
It's been a week since the last post.
Rather than letting this thread die I propose we declare the Diddy MU unfinished due to the lack of input and move on to the next char.

Or Acedude could get unlazy, but that's very unlikely.

So, is next Martha or D3 ?

lordhelmet

Smash Master
It's been a week since the last post.
Rather than letting this thread die I propose we declare the Diddy MU unfinished due to the lack of input and move on to the next char.

Or Acedude could get unlazy, but that's very unlikely.

So, is next Martha or D3 ?
I guess we'll have to do that =/

D3 is next

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
Shouldn't we first try to get the summaries going for the other characters before we get to DDD? (and maybe update the index)
Needs finishing/summaries:
-Falco
-Wario
On hold:
-Diddy
Somewhat done:
-ZSS
-Snake

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
I'm typing the Wario Summary right now, I'm blocking on the ground game part. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
For some situational stuff, let's not forget that you can B-bounce Wario's bike after throwing, the same way he does, by holding "B". If Wario gets caught under the bike, and it's pounding on him, you can perform some nice combos. Situational, but something to remember.

We should also keep in mind that we have almost all of our moves to use on him, out of a grab release, including a footstool, that you can make use of in any way you want.

There's probably more, but this was thought up as I typed, so yeah...

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
No, no, no, no, no.

I was doing the Wario write-up and I swear, the stuff you people (including myself) put down cannot be accurate. I had to test some of this stuff out myself and the results have me feeling rather confused about what the ratio should REALLY be. I think we need to hold off on that write up and get some of the Wario representatives from their boards over here again.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Wario wrecks Falcon... I've said this on multiple occasions, but people always deny it, so I just don't care anymore.
I really don't think this is the case, after destroying Darky's Wario every match I played him.

The problem is good Falcons are few and far between, and the only way for me to get MU information is via Wi-Fi (and both Falcon and Wario are hurt on Wi-Fi)

That being said, I'd glady play any Warios via Wi-Fi (EC preferably)

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Never said he didn't, PhantomX. It's obviously in Wario's favor, but we're just trying to come to a conclusion. We've yet to have a good Wario like yourself give their feedback on the match-up either, so it's not really too convincing otherwise.

30:70 - 35:65 was the original ratio.
But hey, all that most Falcons know about this MU is that grab releasing Wario to an up+b or knee seems to make things much easier. Basing a ratio off of that knowledge seems rather stupid. lol

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Here I was thinking that this thread was long dead. Ah well, I still hope you guys are working on this, because I obviously can't do much here. :\

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Grab release isn't the main thing that makes the Wario MU easier than other top tiers, it's that Falcon has the tools to fair against Wario in the spacing war. It's Wario's adv, but not in a MK way.

Also I don't know **** about the D3 matchup.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Grab release isn't the main thing that makes the Wario MU easier than other top tiers, it's that Falcon has the tools to fair against Wario in the spacing war. It's Wario's adv, but not in a MK way.

Also I don't know **** about the D3 matchup.
What tools would this be?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Uair, Bair, Running and drift speed.

There are many reasons that make Wario top tier, but the main one is his vertical spacing ability. And Falcon can fight that, thanks to his speed.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Are we still discussing Wario, or did I miss a memo somewhere? I've got a tournament on Sunday, so if we're still discussing Wario, I could get some games in to test what you guys have said and get back to you, see whether or not you just read the Warios you play against well, etc., etc.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I'm doing the Wario write-up now. But as you all know, I've been busy and I tend to get lazy on my days off. Someone was kind enough to send me a LOT of the match-up information though, so I'll try to have that fixed up for you guys soon. Thanks again for that, teluoborg.

Me, Lord Helmet, Chirp and a couple members from the Wario Boards tested what we discussed here too, just to make sure the information was completely accurate. So we've got this match-up just about settled. If there's more information to be added after I post the write-up, we can go back and change it.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I'm waiting to play Waft to get a good idea on the MU.

Right now we're discussing D3 and we need someone to strike a converstation about Diddy, as we skipped him.

I think D3 is 40-60 personally. Not getting grabbed is really tough for Falcon and getting CG'd is pretty easy, when you're at higher % you can DI away and hold down A to hit D3 out of the CG. D3 also has a good add back air and that really screws us when we're behind D3. And lastly, D3's up tilt, this hit kills early and it's really quick. When you're at high percents be very careful and get ready to DI to the side.

As for Falcon, D3 is heavy and (for the most part) slow in the air, this is were we **** him. D3's up-B is pretty easy to punish, Knee or up-B him out of that. As for ground game use standard stuff, just be careful with your spacing.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
^I play some DeDeDe secondaries and you're mostly right, there.

As for Wario, I don't really have an opinion since I haven't played any good Warios, lately. I remember him being a pain in the ***, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom