• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon's Match-Up Database! | (General Discussion); UPDATED: April 18th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player 3

Smash Apprentice
So you're going to be racking up damage with jabs?

TBH I used to think it was like 60:40 but with a CG that puts you at near lethal it's nowhere near that easy for Falcon.
pffffft

uair damage

bair kill

or nipple dair since noone expects it

#<33>3.,3

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Wario sucks at defending his sides, while he's in the air, and Falcon has revolving door of ***-whooping moves, when he's on someone's side, especially Wario.

Yeah, yeah, say "Bite says hello." but in all honesty, not many Wario players go, "My sides need moar defendin so I'mma gonna Bite."

It has pretty bad ending lag, if missed, so Falcon can capitalize. I'm still sticking with 60:40 :wario: It's definitely a win-able matchup for Falcon, as long as they space and time their moves correctly, and this isn't excluding the Wario player.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I was messing around with in friendlies with Darky-Sama's Wario yesterday:

Manly psuedo combo: Grab Release (at 0%)>Sweet Knee>Regrab

It's escapable but it's still awesome... does anyone know if the grab release> dair> regrab is a true combo? Idk if it's Wi-Fi or my timing is off, but Darky was able to escape it 50% of the time.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Wario is much worse online than offline because lag messes up him and he can't space properly. And don't forget how good Wario's air dodge is.

And does Wario's 0-70% CG hurt Falcon?

Salem

Smash Champion
*Face palm*

U-air sucks, every time I use it against Wario's it gets out prioritized. O_o

Use B-air, it equals everything Wario's has unless hit in that "certain" spot.
Best move he has in the MU, along side that secret strat.

*lols at Phantom not caring*

First, it's not about being low-tier.
It's about the MU in this thread, nobody cares about being low-tier.
We care about what beats what...
Or at the least I do.

ROFL.

@smashkng:

Falcon shouldn't be getting grabbed. >_>

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
with the CG i say its 65-35 or 6-4, without the CG it is 55-45 or even. falcons moveset does fairly well against wario and snake, even though wario and snake mains hate to admit it/dont understand it... kill power is what swings both of those MU's IMO

UAIR

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
with the CG i say its 65-35 or 6-4, without the CG it is 55-45 or even. falcons moveset does fairly well against wario and snake, even though wario and snake mains hate to admit it/dont understand it... kill power is what swings both of those MU's IMO

UAIR
How can Falcon be harder than DK without the chain grab? DK has fairly good movement as Falcon and larger but jointed range like Falcon, but DK has more power, better chance to hit than Falcon has, more weight, better recovery and better grab range.

Falcon hasn't too good range, and no disjointed attacks are always a disadvantage against Wario, because you have harder time dealing with Chomp, more when your range is not too good. And don't forget that when you have no quick ground killing moves it can be hard to land a killing move.
Ganon boards is the only low tier character boards that never want to overrate matchups.

Player 3

Smash Apprentice
uptilt destroys wario

in the face

wait wtf?

ground killing moves?

your wario why would we be hitting you on the ground

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
uptilt destroys wario

in the face

wait wtf?

ground killing moves?

your wario why would we be hitting you on the ground
Falcon's up tilt is slow (17 frame IS a slow move because it's slow enough to be reacted to), and Wario is one of the best punishers in the game.

It's hard to tell the matchup when the chance of fighting a top tier with a bottom tier in high level play is so rare.

Moksha

Smash Rookie
Uair and space properly.

Bair for the kill, Jab>Grab.

Don't try to be super aggressive with Wario. He has better tools and range and kills easier.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
I played a Wario for the first time yesterday . . .
bite is a ***** , not even FK can beat that :(
I had to spam uair and utilt to get him to killing percentages
Wario's chain grab is also a pain
I tried a Falcon Punch but his bike absorbed it >.<
but I did knee him in his bike

Wario is not a beastly character but its the fact that every wario main plays him differently that makes the match up difficult

Player 3

Smash Apprentice
utilt beats bite

utilt beats airdodges

is what i meant

dur

dont use it where you can get punished dummys

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
I think its 70-30 :wario:
Wario has:
-Better Recovery
-Uber priority bite (it usually comes as a surprise, less reaction time)
-Somewhat better aerials
-SuperArmor Fsmash
-Powerful Wario Waft
-Bike as defense
-Dthrow CG

Falcon has:
-Better range (utilt)
-Uair
-Faster Ground Game (jabs)
-A grab-release?

Wario isn't R4P3 but he cannot be taken lightly.

Objections/Comments?
:falcon:

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Uh Slader, you didn't use Bair in your fights did you ?

Bair is the key move against Wario.

It's not 70-30, 70-30 would mean it's as hard as the Snake matchup.

The Mad Hatter!

Smash Rookie
It's around 60:40 Wario's favour.

Space properly, Bair, Uair, Grab>aerials and don't play recklessly.

Wario will try to take us to the air, but this is also where some of Falcon's strong aerial game comes into place, just space intelligently and calculate Wario's moves.

Falcon does have a more versatile ground game, not necessarily better, but more suitable in terms of setups and range.

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
you just spam uair in this MU. thats pretty much it in a nutshell. upon landing warios will either bite, fsmash, nair OOS, or spot dodge. watch out for those. it is very hard to grab wario, but they tend to get spotdodge happy, so you can land a grab after a spot dodge. walls of uairs keep wario away. this MU is not that bad, trust me, i play it all the time with top IL warios. the CG makes it a real pain, but even then it is managable. GR knee will kill wario very early, but like i said, landing a grab is tough.
I would say in the area of 65-35, 60-40, but hey im just a stoopid failcon main who knows nothing about brawl

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Uh Slader, you didn't use Bair in your fights did you ?

Bair is the key move against Wario.

It's not 70-30, 70-30 would mean it's as hard as the Snake matchup.
Snake is an easy MU for me, comparing MU ratios doesn't usually help describe the difficulty because everyone has different opinions on them.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
More 35-65 than 3-7 to me (I even find 6-4fitting better when I look at the ratios' definition in the index).
But w/e, what's important is the summary.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
[Randomly showing up after a long disappearance. Too many things happening with me IRL, so I've had to put a lot of the boards side for the time being. I'm leaving it up to you guys to continue the discussions -- I'll update frequently as possible if people can send me the match-ups conclusions to add on their free time. Even though I haven't been around much, I DO plan on getting this guide up sometime or another. Don't slow down for me.]

35:75 is a more logical in the Falcon/Wario discussion. Though I've played against quite a few professional Warios that have made me feel the match-up is 60:40, there is no way I can conclude that after I've played some of the *ahem* 'decent Falcons' with my scrubzilla Wario and either 2-3 stocked them.

30:70 potential wise.
35:65 proper judgment/punishment.

Personally, I do consider majority of my wins with Falcon against Wario to be a fluke; either the Wario just messed up horribly, or I'm just on a higher skill level. Falcon should not have anywhere more than a 35:65 in this match-up. Which is assuming you abuse your ability to grab release Wario whenever the situation calls for it, without remorse. A good Wario won't let you near him though, so unless you're able to predict his landing and punish him in some way/shape/form, then Falcon certainly isn't going to have an easy job.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
It's good to see that you're not dead :O
I guess this thread's next task will be to write the summaries before beginning a new discussion.

30-70 is right if you think you can do things like shield an aerial against Wario or try to approach him from below. Once you understand that the matchup is much easier.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
MK, Snake, Wario, Falco, Diddy, Dedede.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
Diddy isn't as bad as you would normally think, but he still ****s on us here and there

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I haven't versed a whole lot of Diddys, but I'd say around 65-35:

Diddy obviously ***** us on the ground, try to get him in the air and spam uair. I think up throw would be your best bet when grabbing him. When you're on the ground try to stay close to him and jab/tilt him a lot, stay as close as possible so he doesn't have a chance to pull out those god**** bananas.

Uhh, not much else for me to say... don't use Falcon Kick

Lionman

Smash Champion
If you face a good diddy you are death, one mistake and you lose.

I have some videos vs good diddys and i cant handle that match up,the only thing i can suggest is train a counterpick character

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Hey guise I'm thinking about making a new matchup thread so that we can write summaries before putting them up here.

Some kind of matchup export thread, but different.

Is it a good idea ?
Y/N

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Hey guise I'm thinking about making a new matchup thread so that we can write summaries before putting them up here.

Some kind of matchup export thread, but different.

Is it a good idea ?
Y/N
No, Darky has it all planned out. He's just dealing with RL stuff right now.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
I'll update frequently as possible if people can send me the match-ups conclusions to add on their free time.
This. Is why I want to make another thread.
Maybe I misunderstood what Darky meant, but it seems like the only thing he misses right now (beside time lol) is matchup conclusions.
So why don't we write these summaries together and then send them to him ?

Or at least nominate someone who'll be in charge of writing them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom