• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheriff-Wode

Smash Rookie
Discuss all information pertaining to Captain Falcon in this thread.

:falcon:
I really don't want any of the moves to change, and I will be super upset if he doesn't have his same taunts back. Would be nice if he said "YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH" when he's doing the up taunt. And of course we want the melee top tier falcon back too

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=219667
Interview confirming Captain Falcon.
I expect a formal confirmation soon.
Falcon Punch wasn't in one of the Sakurai quotes, that was just commentary on what he said, making inferences based on past games and the fact that crazy Falcon punches are classic high-startup-lag-great-for-ffa move. I have little reason to doubt Captain Falcon will return, but those aren't Sakurai's words.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Yeah, it wasn't officially confirmed. The chances of Falcon not being in Smash4 are like... one in a million though. None of the veterans from Smash 64 have been dropped yet, so I can't see them breaking tradition. Even so, waiting for his announcement has been tough.

Zerosuitsamus888

Smash Rookie
Captain Falcon has been in all super smash bros. games so he should appear in the next one. They just haven't confirmed him yet.

Justkallmekai

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ProjectM3.0
3DS FC
0473-8282-3242
Even though C Falcon is not confirmed, but we all know he's comin what do you want to see from him?

I noticed C Falcon wasn't confirmed but what would you guys like to see come back. I'd like to see his melee knee come back cause his brawl knee was absolute TRASH! (Somewhat trash)

MrKitty

Smash Rookie
I would love to see him return, but F-Zero hasn't had a game in years, and I thought they would have announced him by now...

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
COME ON.

WHERE IS CAPTAIN FALCON.

IT'S SHAMEFUL THAT WE HAVEN'T GOTTEN HIM AT ALL.

HE NEEDS TO BE IN DAILY PICS AND ENJOY SOME OF THE HYPE FUN.

HE'S RAW ****ING HYPE MATERIAL.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Hey, (fellow) Falcon fans! I'm working on a project that you might have heard of called Project: Thank You Sakurai! (If you haven't heard of it, you should check it out.) and I'm currently doing a poll to determine which characters should be on the virtual card that we're making for him. I would appreciate it if you guys would check it out here and vote for who you like. While Captain Falcon is a lock, I still need more people to vote, and more votes couldn't possibly hurt him, so...

Alec_e

Smash Rookie
Falcon needs his hit-stun back... He needs better priority too. He needs more alternative skins tho... A hard to sweet spot knee of justice I wouldn't mind as long as his Nair has a beefy hit box and good priority.

And his special could change to something more realistic for him...

So like when u get break the smash ball it just says "WIN" in bold on the screen and everyone explodes. Then a large group of super models wearing bikinis start dancing for falcon. The crowd starts cheering "captain! Falcon!" Then the president of the universe of America gives him the golden key to everything ever. And he rides his blue falcon into the sunset. Then credits role...

U know... Something realistic.

Da-bomber

Smash Cadet
If he's anything like brawl falcon I will never give this game a chance. I only play brawl with project m because I can't stand how his dair can send people sideways!

Last edited:

Alec_e

Smash Rookie
I'm
If he's anything like brawl falcon I will never give this game a chance. I only play brawl with project m because I can't stand how his dair can send people sideways!
I'm in the same boat. Falcons my favorite and if they decide to make him a poop character AGAIN I probably won't get Sm4sh.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I'm

I'm in the same boat. Falcons my favorite and if they decide to make him a poop character AGAIN I probably won't get Sm4sh.
I wouldn't worry. The Little Mac trailer showed that momentum is back, and so far we've really only seen characters get buffs.

Tabernacle

Smash Rookie
They'll almost certainly buff him, especially with proper balance support this time around.

He'll probably have a very similar moveset with bigger hitboxes and more hitstun.

Projectile is still possible, they'd have to have more move slots though. I can't see them getting rid of Punch/Raptor Boost/Falcon Kick
I don't think they could get away with getting rid of the much loved punch.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Sorrow and Joy in the same go, Goroh is an assist again but that practically confirms Falcon will return once more.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Sorrow and Joy in the same go, Goroh is an assist again but that practically confirms Falcon will return once more.
Yep. Interestingly, that's still the singular thing we've seen from F-Zero in the game. Not any other stage, item, trophy, or anything. I kind of wish they had teased us with a Blood Falcon trophy during the Direct like they did with Pseudo Palutena. Would have been pretty good.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
He'll be back. If anything needs changing, it is raptor boost. It looks cool, it just is not intuitive.

His moves are iconic, and their goal should be simply to mesh them into his playstyle.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I'm new here, apart from being really into the Smash Bros series I also made this account to share these.

I found these while looking for some of the extra screenshots for the next Smash after the live stream yesterday. Not saying they're legit but they're pretty impressive if they aren't if I do say so myself and if it's not well I hope we get Falcon's GX design anyway.

I don't want to call these leaks cause it's possible that they're fake of course, I don't believe these are real myself but not gonna lie, Falcon looks awesome with a more pronounced blue color like this in my opinion but I thought I'd share it with the Smash community cause why not so take what you will of this.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Huh, well alright then.Eh whatever, we know he'll be in anyway.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Hey guys, I'm new here, apart from being really into the Smash Bros series I also made this account to share these.

I found these while looking for some of the extra screenshots for the next Smash after the live stream yesterday. Not saying they're legit but they're pretty impressive if they aren't if I do say so myself and if it's not well I hope we get Falcon's GX design anyway.

I don't want to call these leaks cause it's possible that they're fake of course, I don't believe these are real myself but not gonna lie, Falcon looks awesome with a more pronounced blue color like this in my opinion but I thought I'd share it with the Smash community cause why not so take what you will of this.
Stick with rumors thread please

Welcome to smash boards by the way

Thor

Smash Champion
I just had a scary thought: What if Sakurai made Falcon the hands-down better-than-Brawl-MK-or-64-Pikachu best character in the game... but he had no knee or Falcon Punch (Assuming of course, that such an occurrence is even theoretically possible...) Would he still really be Captain Falcon or not?

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I just had a scary thought: What if Sakurai made Falcon the hands-down better-than-Brawl-MK-or-64-Pikachu best character in the game... but he had no knee or Falcon Punch (Assuming of course, that such an occurrence is even theoretically possible...) Would he still really be Captain Falcon or not?
At that point you have God Falcon and we can't have that, it'd be true to some of the memes though. Joking aside considering the kinds of changes the returning characters are getting I wouldn't be surprised if Falcon gets buffs that make him as good as he was in either Smash 64 or Melee or some kind of balance in between.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
The Captain will arrive soon, accompanied by MIGHTY GAZELLE <3
Gazelle would be cool, but I'd love to see Super Arrow, Black Bull, or perhaps Pico (or Silver Neelsen, heh). Of course, I wouldn't have minded seeing Goroh playable. Honestly, though, as dormant as F-Zero (sadly) has been, I doubt we'll be seeing another F-Zero rep.

Last edited:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Pico would be my second F-Zero character of choice especially in the new game since Snake's chances of getting in are very slim, Pico I feel would be the perfect character to give a similar move set to unless Falco and/or Wolf come back and one of them has a Star Fox Assult inspired move set with the remote control missile, grenades, mines and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom