• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Captain and Little Mac are not that similar. Captain Falcon launches himself. Usually by flying from the ground to the air and landing on the opponent's face with a knee.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
Give Ganon some sort of sword would be nice. Keep Captain Falcon the way he is.
Yeah, I did hear from my brother who actually got to play the game that Little Mac isn't exactly like Cap, and that he has his own feel. And yes, Ganon needs to use his sword for sure.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
The Captain will play nothing like Mac. Mac is all ground rushing, anti-air and powerhouse Smash attacks. The Captain is combo friendly and deftly blends speed and power both on the ground and in the air, often into one another. The Captain also has, dare I say, far more personality.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
The Captain will play nothing like Mac. Mac is all ground rushing, anti-air and powerhouse Smash attacks. The Captain is combo friendly and deftly blends speed and power both on the ground and in the air, often into one another. The Captain also has, dare I say, far more personality.
Plus Falcon Punch.

WwwWario

Smash Ace
As for Falcon's Final smash, he should keep it, but change it up. Instead of running them over with the Blue Falcon, he should do this after activating it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cH6KoJWVyA

The thing at the end, where Falcon slides across the ground and kills the Pikmin... he can finish his FS by doing that to the remaining characters he didn't hit. End of match. Falcon wins.

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
As for Falcon's Final smash, he should keep it, but change it up. Instead of running them over with the Blue Falcon, he should do this after activating it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cH6KoJWVyA

The thing at the end, where Falcon slides across the ground and kills the Pikmin... he can finish his FS by doing that to the remaining characters he didn't hit. End of match. Falcon wins.
I was hoping we'd get this entire scene instead, and characters from the match are just substituted in...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esY2zdIsKaI&feature=share&list=FLC4hdu1i6E1jArf5wNSq5sA&index=2

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
The guy that becomes the new Captain Falcon would be Ganondorf right? It'd fit.
Well, if Ganondorf is in, and still a clone, then yes. That would be the case.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
A Water and Electricity version.

...What? He already has electricity in his knees!

Booster

Smash Lord
I think they need to make his Final Smash into the Falcon Punch from the anime, a guaranteed OHKO if it hits, like Critical Hit on Marth except way flashier

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I think they need to make his Final Smash into the Falcon Punch from the anime, a guaranteed OHKO if it hits, like Critical Hit on Marth except way flashier
Well... he really should be repersenting the F-Zero game franchise, not the anime... but I guess they don't really do that to begin with anyway.

D

Deleted member

Well... he really should be repersenting the F-Zero game franchise, not the anime... but I guess they don't really do that to begin with anyway.
I always thought the best idea for his Final Smash would be a combination of the two; he starts the move with hitting them with the Blue Falcon, just like in Brawl. Trapped opponents land on the track, where Falcon rams them with the car, knocking them upward, then he ejects from the cockpit, and performs the FARUKON PAAAWNCH, finally cutting back to gameplay and dealing OHKO Tier knockback.

Would be the flashiest thing ever, and also ties in the fact that Falcon is a racer. Perfect.

Last edited by a moderator:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I always thought the best idea for his Final Smash would be a combination of the two; he starts the move with hitting them with the Blue Falcon, just like in Brawl. Trapped opponents land on the track, where Falcon rams them with the car, knocking them upward, then he ejects from the cockpit, and performs the FARUKON PAAAWNCH, finally cutting back to gameplay and dealing OHKO Tier knockback.

Would be the flashiest thing ever, and also ties in the fact that Falcon is a racer. Perfect.
Like this? http://youtu.be/p6PNIjgjU_o

MachoCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MachoCheeze
One of his custom moves should be launching the Falcon Punch as a projectile.

Similar to Leomon's Fist of the Beast King from Digimon.

D

Deleted member

Oh one thing about falcon punch

What would the variations of it be i mean the captain is locked no matter what.
I'm guessing we can have both the Brawl and Melee variation of the punch this time around.

Melee variation much more powerful, but you can't turn around.

Brawl variation more subject to be shielded, but can be used for mind games with the turn-mechanic implemented. I'm guessing this will be his standard Neutral B.

A third variation could be a Falcon Punch that you can throw as soon as you let go of the B button. But it will generally be weaker, and the highest charge could have a bit more strength than the Melee variation, but will take a long time to charge up. No turning for this either.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
At this point either Captain Falcon will be even more beefed or will walk straight now when revealed. And for some reason I can imagine his scarf now larger and weaving with the wind.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
CF needs his burn kick side smash back.

..Along with flame elemental on most of his attacks, because why the hell not.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
Someone on testyourmight.com told me that it took to close the end of Brawl before he was announced. Hopefully that's the case here as well.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I bet Captain Falcon, who is my brother's favorite along with Marth, will be joining us once again, no doubt. I don't expect him to be revealed though until post-release as an unlockable like always.

D

Deleted member

Someone on testyourmight.com told me that it took to close the end of Brawl before he was announced. Hopefully that's the case here as well.
Yeah, he was revealed after Brawl was released in Japan.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
OMG This music needs to be in smash. GX had such a great soundtrack.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
If you guys could have any other F-Zero character, who would it be?
Me personally? I'd choose Pico.

Also guys, here's my bro's youtube channel, he's a big Nintendo nerd and he's a huge Smash fan, you guys should check out his channel. He's confident in Cap's return.

Last edited:

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
Easily the best racing game of all time
It's a shame they don't have anything in the works for another F-Zero game for the Wii U. What do we have to do to make this happen? lol

EDIT: Or if they'd at least let us download this game for the Wii U from the Nintendo Play Store or whatever it's called.

Last edited:

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
Oh, I know a cool way of including some other F-Zero characters. Add alternate skins for the following:

Fox = James McCloud

Zero Suit Samus = Jodi Summers

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
If I could choose a second F-Zero character for Smash, it'd definitely be Samurai Goroh, but since he's an assist trophy that won't happen. I once saw a suggestion of Blood Falcon (*cough*, horrible choice, *cough*)

I wouldn't mind Black Shadow if they could give him his own moveset.

On the topic of F-Zero GX, it's one of my favorites: up there with Mario Kart and Forza Motorsport.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I wanted Samurai Goroh too. Was really bummed when I saw his AT. =/

idk who else I want. Black Shadow is a very good choice that I wouldn't mind, but not as a clone. Honestly, F-Zero is fine with just Falcon, even if I really want another rep.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Guys, am I the only one who is excited for Amiibo possibilities for ol' Cap?

CAN YOU IMAGINE CAPTAIN FALCON IN MARIO KART 8?!?!

edit: YESCH!

Last edited:

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
If I could choose a second F-Zero character for Smash, it'd definitely be Samurai Goroh, but since he's an assist trophy that won't happen. I once saw a suggestion of Blood Falcon (*cough*, horrible choice, *cough*)

I wouldn't mind Black Shadow if they could give him his own moveset.

On the topic of F-Zero GX, it's one of my favorites: up there with Mario Kart and Forza Motorsport.
I agree totally with Samurai Goroh, if he wasn't an assist trophy, he'd be the most relevant. And yes, Blood Falcon would be terrible, just give Cap the Blood Falcon skin like last time, he literally was a clone lol

I'm sure they could figure something out for his own moveset.
I wanted Samurai Goroh too. Was really bummed when I saw his AT. =/

idk who else I want. Black Shadow is a very good choice that I wouldn't mind, but not as a clone. Honestly, F-Zero is fine with just Falcon, even if I really want another rep.
Yeah, we don't NEED one, I just really loved the selection of characters they had. It was so comicbook-ish and I loved that.
Guys, am I the only one who is excited for Amiibo possibilities for ol' Cap?

CAN YOU IMAGINE CAPTAIN FALCON IN MARIO KART 8?!?!

edit: YESCH!
Would make perfect since with the way the game is played. LOL would he be exposed like the other character, just chilling out the top of his miniature of the blue falcon?

Tenguman

Smash Rookie
after seeing footage of smash4 and people playing it hands on, my opinion is that:

maybe sakurai didn't put falcon in because he wouldnt fit in with the current mechanics of the game. (laggy aerials, limited options after grab, no dash cancel game) there is just no way captain falcon can thrive in a game with those mechanics in place.

and who would want to play falcon any other way but offensively? it was sad enough trying to play him in brawl, he could be even worse if he was confirmed for this game.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
after seeing footage of smash4 and people playing it hands on, my opinion is that:

maybe sakurai didn't put falcon in because he wouldnt fit in with the current mechanics of the game. (laggy aerials, limited options after grab, no dash cancel game) there is just no way captain falcon can thrive in a game with those mechanics in place.

and who would want to play falcon any other way but offensively? it was sad enough trying to play him in brawl, he could be even worse if he was confirmed for this game.
Laggy aerials isn't a universal change by the way. Some characters didn't have laggy aerials. Sheik and Toon Link have three aerials that auto cancel.

I can see Captain Falcon being the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom