• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Oh ye of little faith.... He's an O12, we saw Samurai Goroh, and the Captain's nipples alone make me Hype as anything. He's not going anywhere.

As for the moveset, bring back the Knee of Justice and I'll be happy. Hell, I'm getting this game even if they don't. Dat glorious HD, and it's Smash besides.

Ragna22

Smash Ace
If not shown at E3 then its a no brainer him plus all of the other veterans/newcomers not revealed yet will not be shown till after the 3DS version comes out
I think Falcon, Jigglypuff and Ness will get that treatment because if you guys remember when Luigi was revealed for Smash 4, Sakurai establishes that Luigi is unlockable but the only reason he was shown at that point in time is cause it was the year of Luigi so if Luigi is supposed to be unlockable for the fourth time, Jigglypuff at least will join him along with Ness and Falcon unless we get a case like Melee where Ness and Falcon were there from the start.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Brawl Falcon is best because it's based on the F-Zero GX design. Mind, I do like the F-Zero X design a lot, but scarves is auto better to me.
Although I'd prefer if they just straight up copy his GX design 1:1 instead of slightly updating it.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Having no Captain falcon is literally the only thing that would lead to me not purchasing ssb4.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Having no Captain falcon is literally the only thing that would lead to me not purchasing ssb4.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Captain Falcon is the unofficial mascot of Smash Bros. Taking away Falcon from Smash is like taking away Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Captain Falcon is the unofficial mascot of Smash Bros. Taking away Falcon from Smash is like taking away Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story.
Exactly. They can Make bidoof playable, Mewtwo a pokeball, or have $20 per character DLC, but the day they don't include Cap is the day they stopped caring about the fans.

Morbi

Scavenger
I agree with this sentiment wholeheartedly. I thought that the roster didn't matter, I thought it was immaterial, I thought I would buy the game regardless. However, you bring up a great point. His non-inclusion would probably incite me to skip Smash 4.

TheSkuxxedOne

Smash Cadet
I reckon they should implement for fire effects to his standard moves so as to provide greater frames of protection + priority and change the falcon punch from a one-click button to a hold/release. I explain a lot of it in a video of mine. Check it out if you're interested as it also addresses the leaks.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I reckon they should implement for fire effects to his standard moves so as to provide greater frames of protection + priority and change the falcon punch from a one-click button to a hold/release. I explain a lot of it in a video of mine. Check it out if you're interested as it also addresses the leaks.

Okay, I like those ideas. Especially the one for the Falcon Punch. Didn't Brawl Minus give a similar treatment to Falcon Punch?

Shoutouts to Firelord Ozai.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I don't like the relevancy argument for Captain Falcon, while there hasn't been a new F-Zero game in a while, two F-Zero games are on the Wii U virtual console, one of which just came out recently. Plus, a new F-Zero title is always possible.

...and if it all came down to it, I would choose Cap over Ganondorf if only one was gonna make it in. Though I'm sure it won't come to that.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Seeing how weak Captain Falcon was in Brawl really hurt. Please give him some of his amazing power back... Nothing in Smash is quite as satisfying as actually getting a KO with a Knee or a Falcon Punch.

Last edited:

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
I can't play SSB Games without Captain Falcon saying 'Show Me Your Moves' and 'FALCON PUNCH!!!!!'. It's just not the same. •_• #ConfirmFalcon2014

Samurai_Goroh

Smash Rookie
NNID
spybonk
3DS FC
5257-9671-3017
I hope he has his side b like a recovery like in P:M
That would be amazing. I went back to play Melee recently from P:M and tried to recovery with a side B. Needless to say, I plummeted to my death. Also, I've flung myself off the stage a few times with the side B. :ohwell: So, lets hope they add the auto edge grab as well.

Last edited:

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
The way I see it Sakurai assumes we know the O12 will always be safe. If Falcon gets no reveal, he'll just be quietly put in as a secret unlockable like he's been in every game. I have faith in the knee of justice will rise from the ashes once again.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
After watching Little Mac's gameplay, I'm really nervous that Captain Falcon has been replaced. I would hate to see F-Zero fizzle out more than it already has. Cap is a staple character and needs to be in this game!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The primary difference between Mac and Captain Falcon is that Falcon has a great aerial game and that's where most of his combos consist of. Guy is an excellent aerial combo character where most of his ground game is about his great approaching, whereas Little Mac HATES the air.

Last edited:

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
OH Captain my Captain.... Never lose hope! The non-believers shall be Falcon Punched (Or Kneed) for their lack of faith.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
After watching Little Mac's gameplay, I'm really nervous that Captain Falcon has been replaced. I would hate to see F-Zero fizzle out more than it already has. Cap is a staple character and needs to be in this game!
Yeah, plus Falcon and Ganondorf have always been almost identical as well and that never hurt either of them.

STARRRaptor

Smash Rookie
I don't use the guy often but I'd hate to see him go solely for the fact that he was in the very first game. I'm gonna be rotted if Little Mac takes his place.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
Yeah, plus Falcon and Ganondorf have always been almost identical as well and that never hurt either of them.
I hope that they give Ganon and Captain Falcon some more unique fighting styles.

N7S

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NathanSovik
Give Ganon some sort of sword would be nice. Keep Captain Falcon the way he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom