• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canadian Social Room Name Suggestions!

What should the name of the Canadian social room be?

• Milk Comes in Bags

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • The Igloo

• North Coast

• Bananada Emotional Room

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • We Couldn't Think of a Name

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

Desh

Smash Ace
queen kill joy, are u a woman
if u arent
i've just been mindgamed beyond bloody belief

10chars for the lulz

Sanu

Smash Champion
Let me ask you, what do you plan on achieving by arguing this? Rules are set. You can not and will not change them. Accept it.

No matter how much *****ing and complaining you do, nothing is going to change, so either leave SWF, or take your attitude elsewhere. And if you're the type of person who loves to cry about stuff like this, I suggest you grow up. Otherwise, if this keeps up, you will likely recieve a ban from the Social Room. Then you can post your bull**** elsewhere where it will up your post count.

Have a great day.
:)
Oh look, a mod who replies with nothing but insults and threats... with the exact attitude I described. And hey! There isn't any actual content in your post, how surprising. Once again, the maturity of a mod on SWF comes into question. Regardless, it turns out you were wrong; just as the other mods pointed out.

So I guess you could say, my day...

:)

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Both Azua and I have agreed not to infract you with a disrespect for forum leaders.

However, if you feel the need to continue to do so, be my guest.

PND

Smash Champion
Thank you for reversing my infraction. My post wasn't spam, and I feel wasn't disruptive either as it positively contributed to the topic at hand. I felt what I had said was enough, and thank you for seeing things from my side.

Desh

Smash Ace
Well, FF, no disrespect,
mods arent leaders as much as minions. (evil, evil, minions.)
>_>
well, most of them.
canadian mods are overall cool,

also josh u made me lol

FastFox

BRoomer
To be honest, guys, I'm just keeping my guard up after what happened with Calgary. They all got themselves banned.

I had no idea I wasn't supposed to be infracting for things like 10char here. Anywhere else that infraction would have been legit.

However, just because that 10char was reversed, Sanuzi, doesn't mean you've got the right to keep that attitude about you. You wonder why my response was so sharp? Let's say I fight fire with fire.

Sanu

Smash Champion
To be honest, guys, I'm just keeping my guard up after what happened with Calgary. They all got themselves banned.

I had no idea I wasn't supposed to be infracting for things like 10char here. Anywhere else that infraction would have been legit.

However, just because that 10char was reversed, Sanuzi, doesn't mean you've got the right to keep that attitude about you. You wonder why my response was so sharp? Let's say I fight fire with fire.
Oh, I thought you were done, lol. I have no hard feelings towards you, I didn't even have anything against you initially. Your tone, demeanor and sense of self-righteousness is what would tick most off.

"Don't like it? Too bad! Talk to my big bad gang of friends about it; they'll rip you to shreds!"

Seems sort of passive-aggressive now that you see it in that context, doesn't it?. Anyways, we all make mistakes and all that blah blah blah, yeah.

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Oh look, a mod who replies with nothing but insults and threats... with the exact attitude I described. And hey! There isn't any actual content in your post, how surprising. Once again, the maturity of a mod on SWF comes into question. Regardless, it turns out you were wrong; just as the other mods pointed out.
Both Azua and I have agreed not to infract you with a disrespect for forum leaders.

However, if you feel the need to continue to do so, be my guest.
Oh, I thought you were done, lol. I have no hard feelings towards you, I didn't even have anything against you initially. Your tone, demeanor and sense of self-righteousness is what would tick most off.

"Don't like it? Too bad! Talk to my big bad gang of friends about it; they'll rip you to shreds!"
The sad thing is, anyone whoever tries to argue with a mod is treated like this. Instead of the mods using counter-points, it's more like "I am treatening you with infractions so that you will stop pointing out the falacies in the ways we use our authority."
And then you point out the fallacies in their use of authority, buuuuuuut they infract you for "being disrepctful", which REALLY means "Shut up and accept the Dictatorship. You do not speak about your leaders.

As much as I appreciate what the mods do MOST of the time here at SWF, this happens a lot. I can see where Sanuzi is coming from and even though no one else is going to say it like I am, I agree with him.

I FKN LOL'd.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Actually, no.

If you disagree with an infraction you're supposed to go to Forum Disputes, not harass the mod that gave it to you. 90% of mods don't write the rules, they just have to enforce them or I will fire them.

If you keep going with it after we tell you to go to FD, we can [and most likely will] infract you for disrespect. A lot of us have other things to do besides argue with someone about a 1 or 2 point infraction.

Part of the admins' jobs is to take care of Forum Disputes.

You should probably try using that room sometime.

We're currently re-writing the infraction message to link to FD and explain things a little better.

Desh

Smash Ace
Oh im quite fond of the forum dispute thing.
although,
The one time i had to go there,
It went something along the lines of, me saying what happened, why it was stupid and shouldnt have happened,
the admins really just being put into a corner where they knew the mod was wrong,
and then just stopped replying.
this saddened me.
but w.e

I unno, i didnt find the [fd] place too helpful,
i mean, i understand rules are rules and stuff, and things need rules or else nothing works lol,
but i think people need to just take it in when there are situational flaws in the rules.

But yeah a link to the the fd thing would be rather useful in an infraction message, would likely prevent a bit of the stupidity between mods and random people.

so yeah,

north coast/ igloo ftw?

im watching a review of some kick *** racing game,
super real physics ftw.

BYE GUYS. going out nao =]

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Another vote for...

North Coast : The Igloo

Though I still think this social room thing is annoying. I have to switch so many pages between regions, tourneys, PRs, smashfests, all that stuff already. jeez

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
This social room is stupid.

North Coast: The Igloo, sounds good. Sucks Hyperbolic time chamber is already taken :\

Desh

Smash Ace
yeah this social room crap just makes it 100 times more difficult to get through the threads i go to :p
i had all my forums bookmarked,
canada forums with the gta threads and brampton threads
was book marked,
but now i have to go there, and then to the "SOCIEAL KTROOM."

WIGI

Smash Champion
That doesn't seem like a good idea while you're on a boat.
IM ON A BOAT.

anywho.

i don't really mind the whole forum split thing.

but if i didn;t have brampton thread already open in a tab i would never have found it.

Desh

Smash Ace
ew wtf
not the milk room lol

igloo, or north coast,
did anyone even suggest the milk room? Xd

FastFox

BRoomer
North Coast is lame.

Igloo is good.

Needs more originality. People already assume we all live in igloos anyway.

Desh

Smash Ace
t3h 1c3 b0><

the igloo

north coast

refrigerator

Teen tower

titan tower

vanz+tec0 <3

only in canada

idk, what else?

Desh

Smash Ace
lol im ACTUALY starting to like the bananada emotional room,
its so random lmao

also, are you able to change the name of the forum whenever u want?
or just once? O_o

Top Bottom