• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canadian Social Room Name Suggestions!

What should the name of the Canadian social room be?

• Milk Comes in Bags

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • The Igloo

• North Coast

• Bananada Emotional Room

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • We Couldn't Think of a Name

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
Just being called "The Canadian Social Room" is lame, and we've got a reputation to uphold, therefore I commandeth thee, Canadians, be creative!

I will be taking name requests for the social room until I find one that everyone has settled on. Refrain from anything not-as-good as the American regional zone's social rooms. The name should represent Canadian smashers, and how awesome we are! It's all about you guys, so let's get 'er done.

In memoir of Calgary, I was thinking we use Bananada or something.

PND

Smash Champion
I'm glad so many of you like it. :) I got an infraction for that post.

The Igloo is distinctly Canadian, and it's pretty much the ultimate visual representation of a hub.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I'm glad so many of you like it. :) I got an infraction for that post.

The Igloo is distinctly Canadian, and it's pretty much the ultimate visual representation of a hub.
Lol Joel. If you didn't like his suggestion, you didn't have to infract him for it. Christ sakes.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
Name: The Igloo
Description: Please park your polar bears behind the building

The Igloo was the first thought that popped into my head so I'm glad others thought of it too XD

WIGI

Smash Champion
yeahi remember at starfurry people were refering to canada as the North cost. i liek that better than igloo

FastFox

BRoomer
The infraction I gave was for a variation of 10chars, which is now infractible.

I like the igloo as well, and milk comes in bags.

Sanu

Smash Champion
The infraction I gave was for a variation of 10chars, which is now infractible.

I like the igloo as well, and milk comes in bags.
So would would this be enforced on a post-countless board? 10Whatever was used for the purpose of spammng...

10complaints.

FastFox

BRoomer
So would would this be enforced on a post-countless board? 10Whatever was used for the purpose of spammng...

10complaints.
This forum may not have post count enabled, but it is still moderated like any other board.

If you've got an issue, take it up with every single mod on SWF.

:)

Sanu

Smash Champion
This forum may not have post count enabled, but it is still moderated like any other board.

If you've got an issue, take it up with every single mod on SWF.

Ah, so it's needlessly modded for double posts and things that were explicitly used for spamming... when posts are even counted anymore. What a smart use of your time!

So what the **** is the point of taking our post counts away when content in posts is enforced? Wouldn't the userbase be less inclined to post content-filled posts when post count isn't a factor? Sounds like a completely redundant ruleset to me.

Of course, the amazing SWF modforce will rebuttle with little to no reason except, BECAUSE WE SAID SO. Way to be; love that "oh holier than thou" attitude the modestaff have here. I fully expect to receive an infraction from this post too, which is really sad.

FastFox

BRoomer
Let me ask you, what do you plan on achieving by arguing this? Rules are set. You can not and will not change them. Accept it.

No matter how much *****ing and complaining you do, nothing is going to change, so either leave SWF, or take your attitude elsewhere. And if you're the type of person who loves to cry about stuff like this, I suggest you grow up. Otherwise, if this keeps up, you will likely recieve a ban from the Social Room. Then you can post your bull**** elsewhere where it will up your post count.

Have a great day.

Desh

Smash Ace
josh you nailed that "holier than thou" and "because we said so"
haha

the rules are indeed stupid at swf
a lot of them are like,
oh heres a gun, in a big area with no targets or anything to shoot at that could be dangerous, BUT, YOU ARENT ALLOWED TO USE IT.
EVER.
SO THERE.

and then the cops roam around the area to make sure no one shoots at the nothing.

why?
CUZ WE SAID SO.

i dont even know if that example made any sense
BUT IT DOESNT MAATTER LOL.
CUZ THIS IS A USELESS POST,
but luckily its a long useless post,
making it somehow not worthy of spam infraction :chuckle:,
but short content filled ones are B& B& B& B& B& B& B& B& B& B& B& !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
Ah, so it's needlessly modded for double posts and things that were explicitly used for spamming... when posts are even counted anymore. What a smart use of your time!

So what the **** is the point of taking our post counts away when content in posts is enforced? Wouldn't the userbase be less inclined to post content-filled posts when post count isn't a factor? Sounds like a completely redundant ruleset to me.

Of course, the amazing SWF modforce will rebuttle with little to no reason except, BECAUSE WE SAID SO. Way to be; love that "oh holier than thou" attitude the modestaff have here. I fully expect to receive an infraction from this post too, which is really sad.
All hail Josh.

Cool.

10igloos
Prepare to be infracted.

josh you nailed that "holier than thou" and "because we said so"
haha

the rules are indeed stupid at swf
a lot of them are like,
oh heres a gun, in a big area with no targets or anything to shoot at that could be dangerous, BUT, YOU ARENT ALLOWED TO USE IT.
EVER.
SO THERE.

and then the cops roam around the area to make sure no one shoots at the nothing.

why?
CUZ WE SAID SO.

i dont even know if that example made any sense
BUT IT DOESNT MAATTER LOL.
CUZ THIS IS A USELESS POST,
but luckily its a long useless post,
making it somehow not worthy of spam infraction :chuckle:,
but short content filled ones are B& B& B& B& B& B& B& B& B& B& B& !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lololol. I heart your analogy.

It's kind of like if you went to a restaurant, but weren't allowed to eat the food.

Amorasaki

Functional
Premium
BRoomer
I've reversed the 10char infraction because the post did contribute to the thread, and because the social rooms are supposed to be a little more relaxed than the regular rooms. One-liners and minor spam is supposed to be tolerated back here, as long as conversation isn't disrupted. There's bound to be some mistakes made, these rooms are brand new and there's some misunderstanding about what is and what is not acceptable, we're working on it.

Desh

Smash Ace
Lol, cool, tnx man,
and just cuz i thought of a good addition to the analogy (and this is just for the analogies sake, not for arguements)

its more like,
you can go to a restaurant, and you can eat,
BUT YOU HAVE TO PUT 2 FORKS IN YOUR MOUTH.
or else you cant eat.
if you put a fork in your mouth without a second fork,
you're bill goes up 10$

LMFAO

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I've reversed the 10char infraction because the post did contribute to the thread, and because the social rooms are supposed to be a little more relaxed than the regular rooms. One-liners and minor spam is supposed to be tolerated back here, as long as conversation isn't disrupted. There's bound to be some mistakes made, these rooms are brand new and there's some misunderstanding about what is and what is not acceptable, we're working on it.
This is actually my fault, I should have stressed that these should be more relaxed rooms.

I didn't realize this thread was in the social room when I said he could infract for 10char as long as he states it very plainly that it isn't allowed. Thought it was the regional zone >>;

Top Bottom