• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canadian Salt Spill - Tool Link+

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I personaly think the Montreal Brawl+ scene is vastly superior to the Ontario one but I won't discredit you. You did an awesome job, good job winning Brawl+!
I hope we get to play sometimes, I can't wait to face your new improved Toon Link. Perhaps at Only In Niagara? We seriously need some Montreal Vs Ontario crew battle probably 5 vs 5 or 4 vs 4 lol

Self Distructo

Smash Apprentice
I personaly think the Montreal Brawl+ scene is vastly superior to the Ontario one but I won't discredit you. You did an awesome job, good job winning Brawl+!
I hope we get to play sometimes, I can't wait to face your new improved Toon Link. Perhaps at Only In Niagara? We seriously need some Montreal Vs Ontario crew battle probably 5 vs 5 or 4 vs 4 lol
i cant go to niagara lol. i'm going to LBT2 though
Distructo got good? Oh my.

Now I'm interested.
lol troll.

zaf

Smash Lord
omg my idol ily

check out 5iveRP's new videos, there are some matches of the tourny
cool, thanks ill check them now

edit:

you are good at air dodge to zairs, i like how you space them, i recently have been adding that to my game. good solid play

EDIT: just in case anyone is reading ( i.e: viet), i am really happy with this version of toon link in 5.0. I think he is really solid, granted he does have his weaknesses but he also has his strengths. I hope they don't change a thing.

Another Edit: Does anyone know if there can be a fire attribute added to the arrow without it causing damage? Just for like effects?

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
cool, thanks ill check them now

edit:

you are good at air dodge to zairs, i like how you space them, i recently have been adding that to my game. good solid play

EDIT: just in case anyone is reading ( i.e: viet), i am really happy with this version of toon link in 5.0. I think he is really solid, granted he does have his weaknesses but he also has his strengths. I hope they don't change a thing.

Another Edit: Does anyone know if there can be a fire attribute added to the arrow without it causing damage? Just for like effects?
This ain't young link! ;)

zaf

Smash Lord
yea, i know, but it would look so cool lol. I dont know if it can be done by textures though. Does anyone know?

GameSystem

Smash Journeyman
zaf if we add fire it'll **** ivysaur. That's why they made tink's dair dark element. (Although it never had an element to begin with so I don't even know why they added that.)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
To indicate that it has become stronger. Although it was changed to Aura by someone else. Aura looks like blue fire though, so it's cool.

<_<;

VietGeek

Smash Hero
In all seriousness:

Marth
Meta Knight
Luigi
Falco (?)
Kirby (?)
Squirtleknight

inb4allthebadmatchupsinbarlw

VietGeek

Smash Hero
No, no, Squirtleknight.

He's not the squirtle of the metagame, he is a knight of Squirtle.

zaf

Smash Lord
Toon links grab is really ********. I was able to grab people through their rolls and side steps. Friends complain about it, i personally don't get how it happens. If it get's fixed cool, but i dont want the speed of the grab to change.

Fsmash still doesn't always connect with the second hit. My friend who plays jiggs will rest and miss. So I charge a fsmash, but he can always get out after the first hit. My other friend who plays yoshi can sometimes pop out after the first hit. I don't get it =S.

Since the game has been made faster, i find toon links arrows akward sometimes. They move so slow in the air, it almost seems like they are floating. They also have a long trajectory.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
TL's grab is kinda like that in vB already. Seeing that he doesn't exactly have the strongest grab game and one of the laggier grabs, I think that's fine (since he only has like a 2-4 grab box window anyway).

Can you get a video of that Jiggs getting out of Fsmash? I think I know what the problem is. Also if I do try to get a fix you'd have to test it extensively (since it seems you and I are the only ones that can consistently go about testing these changes). No problem eh?

Yeah the arrows feel awkward, but I think that's their odd charm. ?_?

zaf

Smash Lord
well tomorrow i will attend the biweekly, ill ask my friend to bring his recording equipment. It happens enough, so i should be able to get it on vid. If you do make the change, don't worry ill test it =P

akward arrows = charm? explain =P

VietGeek

Smash Hero
They're charming due to their odd slowness and floatiness. But it's characteristic to them so it seems fine.

zaf

Smash Lord
would it be a bad idea to slightly tweak the arrows? The trajectory or the speed, nothing to serious but just something to take the akwardness off them. I play link a bit too on the side, and i tend to use his arrows more because they have a better feel to them.

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
Someone should compile all of zaf's toon link request tweaks in a post. I think it would be hilarious.

Edit: lol I think I'll do it.

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
what Do You Guys Think Of This Idea? Listen In Viet,

Would It Be A Good Idea Or Bad/broken Idea To Remove The Animations Of Toon Link After He Shoots An Arrow?
He Would Be Able To Shoot An Arrow, And Follow It. I Don't Think It Would Be A Bad Idea At All, We Should At Least Give It A Try No? It Would Give Toon Link A Bit More Of An Edge. If You Think About It Mario Can Do This, He Can Shoot Fireballs While Sh Approaching.
can Anything About The Boomerang Be Done? It Takes Forever To Come Out. I Sometimes Find Myself In Trouble When The Enemy Is Too Close And It Comes Out Whether I Did It On Accident Or Not.

Also, Can Something Be Done About Its Return? There Have Been A Few Times When Bull**** Has Happened.
change The Boomerangs Start Up Please. Thats The Worst Part Of It, The Quicker It Can Be Out The Better.

Would It Be Possible To Allow Toon Link To Drop Bombs On The Ground Like Snake Does With Nades? Say You Press Down And B While A Bomb Is Held, Rather Then It Hit The Ground And Blow Up. It Would Just Sit There. Too Broken?
So Would It Be Broken To Make Toons Upb, Exactly Like Links? Make It A Knockback Move? It Would Allow Toon To Clear Himself Sometimes. And When You Think About It, His Best Range Is Mid Range. So It Would Allow The Toon Player To Reset The Spacing And Allow Him To Get Back Into The Game, When Being Pressured Heavily. It Could Also Be A Good K.o Move And Good For Early Gimps.

What Do You Guys Think? *looks At Viet*
im Not Saying He Has To Have The Most Priority. Im Just Saying He Needs A Move That Can Clear Him Some Space. You're Just Being Nostalgic About The Spin Attack. We Should Think Of More Practical Ideas.
I Really Would Like The Boomerang To Be "fixed". It Is Such A Great Projectile But It's Start Up Lag Is So Bad. Viet, What Can Be Done About Starting Animations Of The Boomerang To Make It Come Out Quicker?
Please Do Not Touch The Boomerang. Please Viet. It Is Really Great Right Now. I Don't Care About Its Start Up Or Wind Down Anymore. Because.........whenever The Boomerang Is Out, It Travels Slow Enough For Toon Link To Follow It. Its Like A Forcefield. Trust Me, The Boomerang Is So Good. It's The One Projectile People Complain About Because It Is Like Two In One. If We Try To Break It, We Might As Well Just Stop Using It Zz >_>. As Long As The Boomerang Is Out, You Can Technical Not Be Combo'd Since It Hits People And It Forces People To Shield And Airdodge A Lot More. That Means More Grabs
I Lollllllllled

if Anything Speed Up The Start Up Animations Of The Boomerang I Don't Care. I Just Don't Want It's Travel Speed And Physics To Change, But It Looks Like That Can't Even Happen. So I Am Happy Lol
If We Ask To Much For Our Characters, Nothing Will Ever Be Done.
I Lollllllled

Can Something Be Done About Grounded Upb? It Sucks, It Really Does. There Is Never A Situation When It Can Be Used. Even If You Were To Hit Someone With It, It Links To Nothing. If It Were Just Changed To The Same Type Of Upb That Link Has, Then It Would Be Fine. Just Add Knockback To It, Instead Of It Being A Multi Hit Move.

Can Someone Make A Scorpion ( Mortal Kombat) Texture For Toon Link =[ ?

I Never Really Suggested Anything Other Then A Grounded Upb Fix And The Boomerang Animation. I've Come To Just Love The Boomerang And I Dont Care Anymore About Its Animations. I Wouldn't Care If Toon Link Was Touched Anymore. He Is Still Very Solid. I Just Think Grounded Upb Is Total ***.
Suggestion: Either Give Toon Links First Jab More Hitstun ( Similar To Falco) To Give Him The Ability To Jab Cancel Grab. Or Change The Knockback Of All The Jabs Completed So That Toon Link Can Follow Up Afterwards. ( Similar To Yoshis Jabs Knockback)

Broken? Tweak? Bad Idea? Leave Toon Links Jabs Alone?
Another Edit: Does Anyone Know If There Can Be A Fire Attribute Added To The Arrow Without It Causing Damage? Just For Like Effects?
would It Be A Bad Idea To Slightly Tweak The Arrows? The Trajectory Or The Speed, Nothing To Serious But Just Something To Take The Akwardness Off Them. I Play Link A Bit Too On The Side, And I Tend To Use His Arrows More Because They Have A Better Feel To Them.

zaf

Smash Lord
double posting ******.

I dare you to compile all of my requests. They are legit man, i'm telling you.

After playing with certain characters and then going back to toon link, he feels unpolished. Minor tweaks ( not buffs) make the character feel better.

Go and ask the yoshi boards to fix egg lay k?

Edit: how the **** did the double post appear 20 minutes after elef?

Message me, so i can talk to you throughout class =]

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
double posting ******.

I dare you to compile all of my requests. They are legit man, i'm telling you.

After playing with certain characters and then going back to toon link, he feels unpolished. Minor tweaks ( not buffs) make the character feel better.

Go and ask the yoshi boards to fix egg lay k?

Edit: how the **** did the double post appear 20 minutes after elef?

Message me, so i can talk to you throughout class =]
Stop playing Link. You're not supposed to compare TL's prperties with another character. That's why you feel he's unpolished.

EDIT: I edited my double post from before.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
lmao

zaf asks a lot for the same things

so ya he asks a lot

but he doesn't ask for a lot

<___<

zaf

Smash Lord
Hey kev, and thanks for that comment viet. Why do all you montreal guys keep coming to the toon link boards lol? trollssssssss

zaf

Smash Lord
yea it does work, more often then not at low percentages. It has to happen fast too, there is not much hitstun after bthrow. At higher %'s it helps to shoot the boomerang and try to find an opening for dair.

Top Bottom