• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canadian Salt Spill - Tool Link+

RageKev!

Smash Journeyman
Because you're bad
lololololol I'm so subscribing to this thread.

yea it does work, more often then not at low percentages. It has to happen fast too, there is not much hitstun after bthrow. At higher %'s it helps to shoot the boomerang and try to find an opening for dair.
... But I thought boomerang sucked... but also didn't suck o_o

MIND = BLOWN

There, I subscribed.

omg elef stop brutally insulting my idol. it hurts me too
He may be your idol, but he's MY boyfriend.

I can't believe I just subscribed to this...

zaf

Smash Lord
omg elef stop brutally insulting my idol. it hurts me too
I do not know if this is sarcasm. If so, I hate you.

lololololol I'm so subscribing to this thread.
... But I thought boomerang sucked... but also didn't suck o_o
MIND = BLOWN
There, I subscribed.

He may be your idol, but he's MY boyfriend.
I can't believe I just subscribed to this...
It's ok if you subscribe to this thread, all of us in montreal subscribe to your life and troll you =]. The boomerang used to suck imo, but in a recent build, the boomerang was slightly changed and it also changed my mind about it.... I haven't been complaining about it in a while tbh.
All of my posts that elef collected have different time stamps, so my opinions will change with the builds that come out obviously. I've been playing toon a while, and there are slight tweaks "I" believe will polish the character. That's why i post the ideas, to see if they actually make sense, or if they should be ignored. I don't see the rest of you posting and contributing back to your character boards. *looks at elef*

No, no, I am not your boyfriend, nor do i plan on being your boyfriend. You have ssj1 hair.
Dana has ssj3 hair when im done with her ;)

My actual post now:
Viet, whats up with toon link's ff? It seems as if he almost doesn't have one or it is really bad.
Is he designed like this?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
zaf TL's physics are just bad in general. <_<

i think its ok if you get trolled zaf

cuz it makes ppl think there are actually tl players

zaf

Smash Lord
Alright zaf, I made all of TL's 1st hit fsmash hitboxes have a 365 angle. This will either:

a) Fix the fsmash problem and be the last fsmash fix ever.
b) Completely destroy the move and make it sh*t.

It's up to you to see which one it is.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4nmdmmwlwmn/FitToonLink.pac
ill check this out today when i get home. ill try and post back tonight.

He's mine <3
Hey zaf, i thought we were doubles partners? :(
well i mean it is up to destructo =P. It would be cool to do double tl

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
ill check this out today when i get home. ill try and post back tonight.

well i mean it is up to destructo =P. It would be cool to do double tl
Did you hear that kev? All you have to do is change your name to Arthur.

zaf

Smash Lord
Kev, get in the luigi boards and tell them how sexy i am or something gay that you would say.
Hope to see you tonight, =P.

Jer and i are gunna rip up teams at lbt ;)
where you at toronto?

zaf

Smash Lord
Well the new build gives toon link some iasa frames after the boomerang for arrows. Seems reasonable enough. I was just wondering if it applies, whether toon link is in the air, on the ground or both?

zaf

Smash Lord
When toon link grabs the edge of a stage, he can either grab it normally or zair the edge. When toon link jumps off the edge back on to the stage, if he attempts to zair, it will go behind him and attempt to grab the edge still, even if that was not the intention. Most of the time nothing happens, toon link's zair doesnt regrab the edge ( unless you are right above it or close enough) and you are left vulnerable till you land usually. Would it ever be possible to allow toon link to zair off the edge back onto the stage without the zair grabbing the edge. It would be great to be able to use zair off the edge for spacing purposes.

Hey elef

VietGeek

Smash Hero
would love to but tethers in general don't need anymore buffing (and tl really doesn't need anything else)

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
TL only needs a better killing dair to balance the risk-reward ratio when using it onstage and hes gold imo. I miss dair kills (melee). But in the meantime I wont use dair >_>. When I played brawl+ I was disappointed in his even weaker dsmash (though horizontal which I like but too underpowered it doesnt have setups into it and is laggy so I dont see why it cant kill a falcon till higher than 170 with DI >_>) and his still crap dair lol.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
so i what point (%) was tl's dair not meteor-cancelable?

tell me that and i'll consider something

otherwise dair won't be touched

dsmash is his fastest smash (frame 6) and is mostly to set-up edgeguards

the main problem with the old dsmash is that there was no reason to use his other smashes for killing it was literally his best kill move.

there is one hitbox within tl's front that would kill falcon, if i could shift it out bad spacing would allow you to get the "sweetspot" more easily

altho tl isn't winning anything ('cept in canada rofl) he's pretty fine where he is

zaf

Smash Lord
After discussing it over, the tether really wasnt something needed.

TL's dsmash does have set ups. At low percents you can link it with a bair. Or after a dash attack if you are fast enough. I remember getting a dsmash to link after a dash attack when my opponent was at like 60%.

Dair is sooooooo ****ing safe onstage, there is practically no risk since it ends so quickly and even if someone is close enough afterwards to hit you, the move pushes them away. Offstage, you shouldn't be using it unless you know for a fact that it will hit and there are setups for that. I love his dair, i do not think it needs to be changed. Let alone anything else at the moment.

Keyword being moment eh elef

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
so i what point (%) was tl's dair not meteor-cancelable?

tell me that and i'll consider something

otherwise dair won't be touched

dsmash is his fastest smash (frame 6) and is mostly to set-up edgeguards

the main problem with the old dsmash is that there was no reason to use his other smashes for killing it was literally his best kill move.

there is one hitbox within tl's front that would kill falcon, if i could shift it out bad spacing would allow you to get the "sweetspot" more easily

altho tl isn't winning anything ('cept in canada rofl) he's pretty fine where he is
Im pretty sure it wasnt meteor cancellable after 40%. I meant onstage as in: I want to kill with it :p. Dsmash is meh >_> Ill never use it. Too much risk, low reward. Considering it kills at like 200s lolol. I say it should kill like melee's. But thats me >_>.

RageKev!

Smash Journeyman
Im pretty sure it wasnt meteor cancellable after 40%. I meant onstage as in: I want to kill with it :p. Dsmash is meh >_> Ill never use it. Too much risk, low reward. Considering it kills at like 200s lolol. I say it should kill like melee's. But thats me >_>.
Pardon my rude intrusion, but if it's Meelee you want, why don't you go play that instead..?

Edit: inb4elef

zaf

Smash Lord
Get out of here kev. **** ssj3 noob

TLMSheikant, toon link has some good kill moves. Usmash, fair, u-tilt, f-smash, uair. I like to switch up my kills with these moves mostly since the first 3 are fast and have set ups. The f-smash is great for mind gaming the kill in. D-smash is better as a gimp move. I think that even if it was made stronger like it was a few builds ago, it would still be hard to land.

zaf

Smash Lord
Not every move can be applicable all the time. Look at d-tilt, it has horrible range, but it is great. It can be hard to land but worth it once it happens. If it is the kill you want, stick to the good kill moves.

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
Not every move can be applicable all the time. Look at d-tilt, it has horrible range, but it is great. It can be hard to land but worth it once it happens. If it is the kill you want, stick to the good kill moves.
wtf. stop talking to yourself.

zaf

Smash Lord
screw you elef, i wasn't talking to myself.

I think you are actually a yoshi in a human suit. Since you only want to eat fruits now

Top Bottom