• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada at APEX 2012 | UPDATED. CHECK THE LAST PAGE

Mprime

Smash Ace
So can we purchase bus tickets yet and what is the whole hotel situation i know me and eric are goin in on a room and patches n googs were gona but now patches is in a new group or somethin with tin and googs is going in on a room with joe?? Im lost what's going down for apex

:phone:

Patches

Smash Master
Okay, for some reason this left my subscribed list. so I thought no one was posting.

MAJOR update tomorrow. I'll explain everything to the extent of my knowledge.

Edit: This update includes: Hotel rooms, buses, finances, and something Tin and I discussed that's REALLY important. I'll also be updating the list of people going, including Quebec's ENTIRE PR.

Patches

Smash Master
sorry for the double post

Alright. Update time.

First on the agenda, hotel rooms.

As it stands, I'm personally going to be rooming with Tin and other people in that room. HOWEVER, if I can get into a party room, I'd be pretty happy as well. As long as I can find someone to replace me in Tinman's room so I'm not ****ing him over. If you're interested, let me know, as well as anyone who is willing to take my spot if I find said room. We can talk once I know FORSURE, what's going down. Googs, Joe, Mprime, find me this party room *****s.

Buses. Here's where things get a little tricky. As it stands, Megabus has NOT released OUR tickets yet. They have it up to the third of January which is a few days before we all leave. Thing is, (this information is for 2nd and 3rd of January) a round trip is looking to cost quite a bit. $125 to be exact. Quite pricey for those who are short on cash. Greyhound is even more expensive. A round trip is $154 from Toronto to New York Penn Station, which can take us to NJ. And thats for the dates of our trip.

So these are our options for the moment. If you're not short on cash, take the $125 trip. I, personally, might be doing this. Depends what the other people I'm going with are doing. OR, which is quite possibly the better option, take Megabus to Philly, where we can hop on public transit and go straight to NJ. This, in total, will cost us $70 for Megabus, and $30 for the public transit. $15 both ways. In total, it's $100, $25 cheaper than going to NY.

I'm going to look into other options. Maybe we can go to Syracuse? I dont really know at this point in time. But, like I said. I'll look into it.

So for those who were expecting the $1 tickets, it MAY still happen. I don't know, I'm not Megabus. But we can only cross our fingers and hope for the best.

Now, after talking to Darkshadow, I've been informed that the majority of Quebec's PR wants to go to Apex. I'm going to confirm this with people in Quebec, just so I know exactly whats going on.

Tomorrow, I'll update the OP with hotel information/hotel rooms

Edit: If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me, ask here, or even text me. 519 282 0117

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
^ jen told me she's interested in going and would wanna be in our hotel room, ill talk to her about it tomorrow

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Stef, we're capping at 8ppl.

Buses. Here's where things get a little tricky. As it stands, Megabus has NOT released OUR tickets yet. They have it up to the third of January which is a few days before we all leave. Thing is, (this information is for 2nd and 3rd of January) a round trip is looking to cost quite a bit. $140 to be exact. Quite pricey for those who are short on cash. Greyhound is even more expensive. A round trip is $158 from Toronto to New York Penn Station, which can take us to NJ. And thats for the dates of our trip.
Prices fixed based off of what patches told me.

Patches

Smash Master
If I find another room, I don't kind giving up my spot to Jen. I'm just thinking about you guys. I don't know how many of you will be as ****faced as I will be. So I don't wanna wall in and have everyone sleeping or something and I wake everyone cause of my drunken ***. Lol

-Googs

Smash Lord
If bus tickets alone are 125 I HIGHLY doubt i can make it, I was banking on booking early and getting tickets for under 50$

Mprime

Smash Ace
You won't go to Apex for only 125? ...
googs is already spending a **** load of cash for school and residence for he is going to university in a different province so it's tougher for him.

Also if tickets go for 125$ there is a chance i might not go i need to be able to pay for my 2nd year of college and that is just the price for bus tickets. There is also a means of renting a hotel room for a couple of days as well as public transportation and food when we get down their which could ring up one hell of a ****ing pricey bill, but still even if they are 125$ there is a chance I may go. (chances of me going 70% maybe)

P.S. If I go to this, Joe and Googs (if googs goes) do you guys wna go in on a hotel room with me and Mr. L. I personaly plan on getting ****faced and would like to rent a hotel room in the hotel where the majority of smashers will be crashing. I would also be leaving on the Friday to get there.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
hmm if thats the price then i definitely am leaving friday, dont want to spend the extra money for an extra day at the hotel + food...matt/googs/ian can atleast one of you come with me friday so i dont die of boredom on the bus(though id rather you all :() and yeah matt im down for the hotel thing, lets do that then just go room surfing and come back to ours to crash and shower and ****

we should just go to philly for 1$ instead and get a ride there, im sure theres drivers willing

edit: just read matts post, yay friday!!!!!!!!!!!

fUddO

Smash Ace
They change the price randomly. It's definitely not going to go HIGHER than it is, but if we're lucky, it should go a lot lower sooner or later. We just have to be vigilant and check every day.

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Stef, we're capping at 8ppl.
I know im just suggesting to people if patches wants someone to replace him

Also jen told me today she can't go anymore but I told peachy about it

Also re: being ****faced I can't drink anymore because of a certain medication I need to take (had to choose between drinking and being able to walk) so if someone needs to stay sober itll be me lol

Also holy **** i cant read or make sense w what im saying good night

Tin Man

Smash Hero
They change the price randomly. It's definitely not going to go HIGHER than it is, but if we're lucky, it should go a lot lower sooner or later. We just have to be vigilant and check every day.
I'm pretty sure prices never go down. I remember when you were trying to wait for them to go down for CoT5, and had to end up Buying Gi's tickets. Gotta get dem tix early bro. Never kno how high they can go.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Hey guys I encourage all those coming from other countries to BRING YOUR NATIONAL FLAG. You are representing your country in the biggest event this community has ever produced.

This will have more than any tournament, outside of MLG prize money, that has been created. We will be meeting players from all over the world and from other games do not lose this chance at history.
We must do it.

pidgezero_one

Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
what we really need are matching nametags that say "HELLO MY NAME IS :yeahboi:"

fUddO

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure prices never go down. I remember when you were trying to wait for them to go down for CoT5, and had to end up Buying Gi's tickets. Gotta get dem tix early bro. Never kno how high they can go.
Another important difference is that January 3rd is the end of Christmas break, which means a lot of people are heading home from holidays. A week later, there's gonna be a lot less demand, which means lower prices.

Also, I wasn't on top of those tickets the day they were released. I was only actively checking for about a month or so beforehand. We have 3 months, so I'm a lot less worried.

-Googs

Smash Lord
hmm if thats the price then i definitely am leaving friday, dont want to spend the extra money for an extra day at the hotel + food...matt/googs/ian can atleast one of you come with me friday so i dont die of boredom on the bus(though id rather you all :() and yeah matt im down for the hotel thing, lets do that then just go room surfing and come back to ours to crash and shower and ****

we should just go to philly for 1$ instead and get a ride there, im sure theres drivers willing

I am down for 1$ philly then taking the train or something if it comes up cheaper. The reason i'm being cheap is because im a student...living on my own in another province paying for school. If you could even begin to understand how expensive it is then you would understand. If I do go, I'll be in a hotel room with Joe and Mprime and L. It's rough because my shedule is so inconsistent so I won't be able to know until december but everything will be so much more expensive then :(. If I do come, joe i'm leaving with you on friday. Joe can you look into a carpool from philly for us? Or can you check how much the transportation comes up to?

Patches

Smash Master
Transportation from Philly is $30 there and back.

Edit: **** it. Friday seems like a good day for traveling. Count me in. <3

Mprime

Smash Ace

sweet, I should be down for the 1$ philly/ride thing if it is much cheaper and not too much of a hassle (60$ in total according to patches). I'd be more worried about getting back to philly to make it on time to catch our bus when it goes back unless we can catch a mega bus in NY

Mprime

Smash Ace
Just got 744$ from the government. Going for sure! Dont care if i have to pay 125$ for a round trip. Also, joe googs and patches since you are all leaving on friday we gta figure out what bus we are taking, we better all be on the same bus.

P.S. getting so drunk when we get down there

Top Bottom